• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
that.. EFFIN LANDMINE!! people need to learn to just run up and power shield it instead of avoiding it.

and I loved that 0 - 74% tech chase omg. m2k was all on that double roll forward swag thinking he was unpredictable but good **** reading that.

goooood stuff, bizkit. you have my respect now.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hmm I like PS2 as D3 but never thought about it as Snake.

Please enlighten us Bizkit :)

Also I was going to say this in the BBR-RC forum but its more on topic here: Good stuff at Cot5. You made me a bit more motivated to get back in the game with Snake.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Hmm I like PS2 as D3 but never thought about it as Snake.

Please enlighten us Bizkit :)

Also I was going to say this in the BBR-RC forum but its more on topic here: Good stuff at Cot5. You made me a bit more motivated to get back in the game with Snake.
<3 PS2 as Snake. I feel like it's one of Snakes best stages. Either that or everyone sucks bad at the stage. People don't realize Snake controls the wind part because land based characters win here. MK can't dair camp you because he goes flying, he is wide open with a missed nado, etc. Vertical kill moves KO much quicker during wind part (be careful of opponents vertical kill moves). The Ice part has some nice Snake gimmicks, the rock part has good C4/Mine and nade camping opportunities. The conveyer belt part...haven't really found a good use for it yet for Snake, but I'm sure there's something.

Not to mention gigantic blast zones, Snake can live forever here (mostly horizontally).

I don't think it's a good stage vs Falco, though. BC/Pelca almost keep beating me here now that they learned the stage. I found out that if Falco spikes you during the wind part, it's impossible to recover. Snake's Up B won't work right, and C4 falls too fast to recover with it. He also has good camping options during main part.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I've always thought that conveyer belt **** was a good enough reason to avoid this stage... I like the rest, buy get ***** on that transformation...

Any videos that can help us learn?

:phone:

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
IMO stay in the middle of the stage during conveyer belt. Secondly, remember that you can always jump at the end of the belt before falling off. There's no such thing as slipping off if you realize this. An intimidating trick is to charge an Fsmash and jump out of it.

Doesn't anyone else feel like people dislike many counterpicks and extra neutrals only because people are unaccustomed to playing on those less than common stages? PS2 can be either hell or really good like any stage so long as you are the one in control. Also, Snake falling in tier list, it was bound to happen eventually I suppose.

Also, someone brought up a good point. All we ever talk about in here is smash/snake. I wonder why it's dead in here now :p

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Doesn't anyone else feel like people dislike many counterpicks and extra neutrals only because people are unaccustomed to playing on those less than common stages? PS2 can be either hell or really good like any stage so long as you are the one in control. Also, Snake falling in tier list, it was bound to happen eventually I suppose.

Also, someone brought up a good point. All we ever talk about in here is smash/snake. I wonder why it's dead in here now :p
FINALLY.

Snake is now #3 on the tier list with Diddy above him. ABOUT ****ING TIME.
^^^^^These

Waffles

Definition: Waffles are baked good requiring a batter mixture before being applied to a waffle making machine. Typically requires around 3 minutes for a full bake before the product is finished and ready for eating. The desired result is a golden brown bread like substance that has many ridges on the inside. Various things can be applied to the finished waffle product such as syrup, chocolate chips, butter, etc.

Pros & Cons:
Pro: Mixes can be bought. Eaten plain. Play food by capturing things in its ridges
Con: Requires the usage of a machine. Easily tears with improper

Pancakes

Definition: Pancakes are bread like foodstuffs. They are created by a batter mixture before being applied to a hot surface for cooking. Longer cooking can yield a thicker consistency. Like Waffles, many of the same toppings can be added such as butter, syrup, jab, and other things. Traditionally, pancake vary be adding various foods to it when making the batter. Berries and sweets are popular choices for pancake mix.

Pros & Cons:
Pros: Easily homemade and only requires a stove top and frying pan.
Cons: Rather tasteless unless mixed with other things.

French Toast

Definition: French Toast is large slices of bread marinaded in eggs or sometimes other foods before being cooked on a hot surface. From there one can apply toppings of their liking such as applying cinnamon, sugar, syrup, etc. Large slices of cut bread yield the highest soaking.

Pros & Cons:
Pros: Offers a variety of cooking choices. Tasty on its own.
Cons: Health risk from undercooked eggs. Somewhat difficult in making.

Final Verdict

French Toast.

The other choices while easily made offer rather little in traditional taste appeal. The real flavor in pancakes or waffles are not in themselves, but rather the toppings one adds. French Toast on its own is quite good an the addition of other toppings only enhances the advantage french toast has on the competition. Another view point is that the complexity of making french toast over its rivals adds a certain sense of accomplishment to those baking this tasty food and those being served the meal. All in all, french toast is the ideal breakfast food given the competition.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I prefer waffles cause the waffle house I go to puts a ton of powdered sugar and I drown my **** in syrup. Pancakes are okay too, but I prefer the ridges and the crunchy texture to waffles.

I haven't had much experience with french toast; my little experience, school cafeteria that is garbage, has been negative. It didn't have any flavor, not enough powdered sugar, and they pretty much didn't even toast it ahaha. I'd like to try a good REAL french toast before bashing though. My school doesn't know how to cook anything besides greasy foods. Their pizza is like cardboard....

Well, Denny's made some pretty good french toast from what I recall. The one I had there was this french toast drowned in syrup with some cinnamon and powdered sugar from what I remember. Anyway, it also had banana slices all over it. Oh, and extremely hot. Had to be brought out on one of those special trays for hot foods.

Suffice to say it was good.

Savon

Smash Ace
I love them all depending on my mood. I also totally agree with the points brought up by each food item. With that being said I love pancakes for the soft fluffy texture and how they almost melt in your mouth, but I love french toast just as much for the same reasons.

:phone:

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Well, Denny's made some pretty good french toast from what I recall. The one I had there was this french toast drowned in syrup with some cinnamon and powdered sugar from what I remember. Anyway, it also had banana slices all over it. Oh, and extremely hot. Had to be brought out on one of those special trays for hot foods.

Suffice to say it was good.
Cinnamon. I've never had it with cinnamon! Also, Denny's is dying out in my area, though ihop might be an okay breakfast place.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Waffles

Definition: Waffles are baked good requiring a batter mixture before being applied to a waffle making machine. Typically requires around 3 minutes for a full bake before the product is finished and ready for eating. The desired result is a golden brown bread like substance that has many ridges on the inside. Various things can be applied to the finished waffle product such as syrup, chocolate chips, butter, etc.

Pros & Cons:
Pro: Mixes can be bought. Eaten plain. Play food by capturing things in its ridges
Con: Requires the usage of a machine. Easily tears with improper

Pancakes

Definition: Pancakes are bread like foodstuffs. They are created by a batter mixture before being applied to a hot surface for cooking. Longer cooking can yield a thicker consistency. Like Waffles, many of the same toppings can be added such as butter, syrup, jab, and other things. Traditionally, pancake vary be adding various foods to it when making the batter. Berries and sweets are popular choices for pancake mix.

Pros & Cons:
Pros: Easily homemade and only requires a stove top and frying pan.
Cons: Rather tasteless unless mixed with other things.

French Toast

Definition: French Toast is large slices of bread marinaded in eggs or sometimes other foods before being cooked on a hot surface. From there one can apply toppings of their liking such as applying cinnamon, sugar, syrup, etc. Large slices of cut bread yield the highest soaking.

Pros & Cons:
Pros: Offers a variety of cooking choices. Tasty on its own.
Cons: Health risk from undercooked eggs. Somewhat difficult in making.

Final Verdict

French Toast.

The other choices while easily made offer rather little in traditional taste appeal. The real flavor in pancakes or waffles are not in themselves, but rather the toppings one adds. French Toast on its own is quite good an the addition of other toppings only enhances the advantage french toast has on the competition. Another view point is that the complexity of making french toast over its rivals adds a certain sense of accomplishment to those baking this tasty food and those being served the meal. All in all, french toast is the ideal breakfast food given the competition.

OMFG I agree with aspect of this post.

Also I went with French Toast. <3

lol Everyone hating on pancakes. Bottom tier.

Also, people do the dumbest things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQEcTGkAgM
^This is the cinnamon challenge. I have never seen it done before nor have I done it, and I never want to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_md74gNq1XA
^In this video we have the gallon challenge. I
have even witnessed one myself. Three combatants and only one person won. The other two got infracted in the dorm for upchucking in a public place.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
lol Everyone hating on pancakes. Bottom tier.

Also, people do the dumbest things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQEcTGkAgM
^This is the cinnamon challenge. I have never seen it done before nor have I done it, and I never want to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_md74gNq1XA
^In this video we have the gallon challenge. I
have even witnessed one myself. Three combatants and only one person won. The other two got infracted in the dorm for upchucking in a public place.
I have successfully complete the cinnamon challenge before. Took a spoon full of cinnamon, compartmentalized it in one cheek, and slowly let it onto my tongue so it wouldn't suck out all the saliva right away. As for the gallon challenge... never tried nor will I. I didn't click on the link for fear of watching people vomit, but I assume it's milk. Being moderately lactose intolerant, I can't even imagine trying it.

I really hate the bloated feeling of having too many liquids. I have drunk too much juice/water when sick and it's a horrible feeling. So I will never attempt anything remotely like it.

I finally got a copy of twin snake today.

People have told me that its because cinnamon is incredibly dry. Like so dry it will absorb a great deal of moisture. So if you take too much at one time it absorbs the moisture down your throat and won't go down very well. It can cause a gag reflex.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I don't get it. WHy would that cinnamon challenge even be hard in the first place? o.o
People have told me that its because cinnamon is incredibly dry. Like so dry it will absorb a great deal of moisture. So if you take too much at one time it absorbs the moisture down your throat and won't go down very well. It can cause a gag reflex.
Yea, it sucks all the saliva and moisture out of your mouth and contributes very little to make the tablespoon of cinnamon wet. So basically it feels like you have cotton mouth with a ton of drying powder in your mouth. To make matters worse, if you just put it in without stuffing it in your cheeks, it becomes hard to breath. Even inhaling through your nose can suck the powder down your through causing gagging and coughing. Even when you want to bail, it's a chore hahaha. Gotta quickly rinse out your mouth multiple times and cough up a lung if you inhaled it.

Plus it tastes like trash. Real cinnamon powder tastes different from those yummy food flavorings.

Top Bottom