• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Thats what Im attempting to do with Dedede. When I played Snake I was always going towards the goal of being the next Ally.

Now as a DDD, my goal was to surpass Coney and just be "Tech_Chase". Im always searching for new ways to push our metagame forward.

I feel like I chose the wrong main when i picked Snake. I dont regret it but I do recognize that he wasn't quite the right for me. I didnt think DDD was either but it just fell together seamlessly. I dont feel like Im out of my comfort zone with him like I did Snake.But I didnt really realize vwhat that was until I started loving playing DDD. Took me about 8 months to figure this out though..lol

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Despite how things might actually turn out, I think anyone can work their way into any level of achievement that has already been obtained.

For example, say you have a 42-in waist pair of jeans. While you might not be able to fill them to the rim at your current point in time, you can eventually if you eat enough junk food and do not excerise at all.

Imagine there are two people. They do not have the same skill level, and we can apply a quantitative amount to their current skill level. Let us say they have skill levels 42 and 67. By my belief, the person at lv42 will be able to achieve any level between his current lv and the other person. The reason? There is someone there who can help him raise his level.

The other person who is at lv67 has no one near him to help him achieve a higher level. The lv67 guy won't be able to improve unless he is some sort of gifted innovator who can raise his lv by himself.

This is similar to what kuro said. You can take any player in this game and with enough time and effort raise them to the same skill level as you. However, in order to surpass the maximum lv set by others, you have to come up with "something" different.

Playing Snake seems like that. I can have other people teach me how to play snake and use their same old tricks all the time, yet my maximum success is determined by the level of others around me and what else I can contribute on my own. If I cannot add anything to how I play this character, I can never break away from the pack. However, I might have more success if I switched characters. Not because I learned how to play this character at a level others set, but because I managed to be an innovator with the character. In this theory, everyone should have a character suited to their own talents that they can achieve bet results with because they can add to that character instead of simply copy what has already been done.
You pretty summed up all my theories on the topic. Thanks~. Ya the innovation thing was kind of my point. Although, i'd like to add that the "lv.42" could become slightly higher than the level "67". Because the level 42 can get to level 67 they'd be even at that point. Assuming even to mean back and forth then one can assume if the "new level.67" started 3 stocking his mentor consistently than we can assume he's surpassed level 67 by an amount. This in turn leads the 67 to get better through review, practice, and innovation. Which leads the other one to ...you get the point.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm done with everything.

I win at Life.

Nah I've had this week off work so I've been practicing hardcore for the next tournament. I may bring out the Snake depending on how I feel. First I need to make sure that he doesnt still feel really foreign to me and that I don't roll like 5079857 times in one match out of awkwardness.

RATED

Smash Lord
I'm done with everything.

I win at Life.

Nah I've had this week off work so I've been practicing hardcore for the next tournament. I may bring out the Snake depending on how I feel. First I need to make sure that he doesnt still feel really foreign to me and that I don't roll like 5079857 times in one match out of awkwardness.
the same here, I'm done with everything. I have to get to college monday and tuesday to give some college work to the professor and is all over. Exams OVER. :D

Rumors are that SSB4 might have something shown about it at E3. Anyone hear anything more conclusive than a rumor?
Could you post your source? I think the only legitimate source I have ever really believed was IGN for certain things.
Although, it seems weird to release a new one when Brawl has been only out for like 3 years... Melee went 8 years without a sequel.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think brawl is finally almost dead to me

planned on going to and then decided not to go to 2-3 tournaments because I didn't feel like it over the past month

went to a tournament today, had no hype. no adrenaline, no nervousness, no rage when I lost. I went pretty much because I had no other plans for the day

at this point it's becoming obvious to me that I don't really care about this game but I keep playing it because I don't have a 360 or a PS3 and the wii is garbage LOL

I might use snake more again just to see if it helps my boredom, even if its only a temporary fix I know continuing to use mostly MK is killing my interest

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Could you post your source? I think the only legitimate source I have ever really believed was IGN for certain things.
Although, it seems weird to release a new one when Brawl has been only out for like 3 years... Melee went 8 years without a sequel.
Late response but here is the link. Like I said though, just a rumor. I'm reposting this from a friend who also loves smash.: http://greatgamingcrusade.com/2011/04/28/rumor-next-smash-bros-game-to-be-shown-at-e3-2011/

I suppose it is possible. I mean, if nintendo's next move is an attempt to recapture what used to be a hardcore fanbase, I suppose a smash game would be a prime 1st/2nd party game to do it. I simply find it weird that they would have made any progress at all with it since brawl is only 3 years old just about.

What fence? All I see is the husk of what used to be a might fine fence *sniffle*

IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxx
IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxI

ErikG

Smash Ace
I'm going to Ktar, although I might not use Snake.

Also, I feel good. I fixed a broken cup-holder in my car using K'nex and a knife.

Real life needs the ability to spotdodge. Evade cars while crossing the street.
I'm going to Ktar, although I might not use Snake.

Also, I feel good. I fixed a broken cup-holder in my car using K'nex and a knife.
This sounds awesome, and I want to see your construction if you will :D

Top Bottom