• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
we don't actually do anything productive, it's just a social thread

susa is banned, snake boards are officially dead : (

Turazrok

Smash Master
Nah I'm maining snake again.

Only trouble I have is sonic... but that's every character.

I have no clue what to do against that character except CP MK and tilt his ****.

Turazrok

Smash Master
^^^ Why we can't have nice things.

Glad I left the boards before this one came along. Although he/she is doing a nice job with the threads.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Haven't been around the snake boards that long

just wondering if the snake boards used to be busy in the past. i assume they were more active than this of course. but how much? and when were they most active?

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake boards was active until our president was killed in action by SWF staff

though it was more of a suicide by cop than anything

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I should use my magical powers and make us active again like I did last winter lol.

I'm still debating using Snake though. Last tournament I used Snake when I didn't want to so I could conclude a set without too much trouble. So atm my tournament results look like :

Tech_Chase: :dedede: :metaknight: :snake:

I'm still placing decently/consistently though. I'm just wrestling with the idea of using Snake for MUs I know/more static stages where my D3 or MK might not cut it. I DID want to master the art of 3 character counterpicking. Plus now I can CP MKs to Halberd by surprise lol Its so funny. That's how I won that set.

etecoon

Smash Hero
having a few characters definitely gives you a CPing edge, lately I been using snake more again and I like it because I can't be CPed to FD or picto as MK anymore, I can ban something that I actually hate like halberd(background distracts me) or yoshi's island(that stage hates me...)

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm not going to lie..I love using MK now. Like ..the last Michigan tournament I went to..two peopled tried to counterpick my DDD with MK so I just said **** it and busted out my "never used in singles" Metaknight. The first set it was Game 2 and I had one Game 1 so he went Brinstar...I broke down and used MK and won the set lol. The second set I used him in...I lost Game 1...barely won my CP as DDD vs MK (that MU is gay) and then he went Cruise. So I just went MK and beat him pretty soundly.

I REALLY REALLY like not having to be afraid of MKs anymore or being afraid to be taken to Brinstar or Cruise now against certain characters. Its really sweet. So now if I figured if I added in something that is better on static stages/opened up a few more doors for CPing (Lylat, Halberd etc) I could cover all the bases. I've been really trying to master counterpicking this season and embracing the fact I can play several characters competitively. I KNOW Snake. I know this character inside and out..so it might be time to break him out of retirement.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah MK especially is good to have on your roster, even if you don't main him it helps so much if you don't have to be afraid of being taken to brinstar/RC. I don't even like RC and almost never pick it but because I main MK no one counterpicks me there : )

ZTD | TECHnology

I dont like the stage either and its one of DDDs strongest stages. However I would get CPed there all the time by MKs because Id be forced to ban Brinstar and we still get ***** by MK there ..lol Once people found out I have a solid Mk they stopped doing it lol. MK dittos on RC is one of the main things I practice.

And all thats left are the static stages. So...

:snake:

or maybe :falco: I need to decide on a concrete 3rd and run with it.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm not going to lie..I love using MK now. Like ..the last Michigan tournament I went to..two peopled tried to counterpick my DDD with MK so I just said **** it and busted out my "never used in singles" Metaknight. The first set it was Game 2 and I had one Game 1 so he went Brinstar...I broke down and used MK and won the set lol. The second set I used him in...I lost Game 1...barely won my CP as DDD vs MK (that MU is gay) and then he went Cruise. So I just went MK and beat him pretty soundly.

I REALLY REALLY like not having to be afraid of MKs anymore or being afraid to be taken to Brinstar or Cruise now against certain characters. Its really sweet. So now if I figured if I added in something that is better on static stages/opened up a few more doors for CPing (Lylat, Halberd etc) I could cover all the bases. I've been really trying to master counterpicking this season and embracing the fact I can play several characters competitively. I KNOW Snake. I know this character inside and out..so it might be time to break him out of retirement.
I don't enjoy using mk. He's just not that fun to me. I'm doing the same thing though tech~

Except...my 3 are :pit: :snake: :wario: this covers everything...literally. I think falco's weaknesses are easier to exploit imo.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Using too many characters can set you back. I use Snake and Falco equally as my mains, they cover pretty much everything. I have a pocket MK, but it sucks.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Using too many characters can set you back. I use Snake and Falco equally as my mains, they cover pretty much everything. I have a pocket MK, but it sucks.
Ik but 3 is definitely doable. It just requires more time and effort than your normal dual maining person.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I play any character I want to in tourney.

Last ones I used :snake: :metaknight: but I main olimar, heck I go PT, pikachu.. diddy, D3

I cannot decide if I wish to stick with snake or shiek. Shiek is more fun, seems to function better when I want her too, and fits my desired play style (like falco), but the inability to take damage, do damage quickly, and kill loses me more matches than with snake.

Snake simply takes less effort to win with lol

Top Bottom