• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

RATED

Smash Lord
^Diddy is fun to play against, you just have to know how to use the nanerz(inb4twss). Also False idk something tells me that you will become a Notable player sooner or later.

I would have love to play against Him

etecoon

Smash Hero
^that

if you're using bananas better than the diddy is, the diddy is playing badly/is bad, that's all there is to it. no other character has their entire moveset built around item use the way diddy does

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
you just saved yourself a lot of frustration really

I hate diddy : (
Not really. My boy jband kept taking ADHD to his last stock in both games and ridiculously high percents. And jband is amazingly better than me in almost every single way but the one mu I feel that I have better exp over than him is the diddy mu. I'm confident I could've caused an upset in at least one game.

etecoon

Smash Hero
so in other news I'm kinda considering going all snake next week

someone tell me how stupid I'm being before I do it and make myself sad

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
I would like to know if anyone could help me with housing and rides. and in general because i may go to NY for my summer vacation along 2 or 3 friends all from DR!

CoT5 :D

Turazrok

Smash Master
Went snake today in tourney. Fsmashed predictable dthrow tech rolls for the win three times.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Given that getups are faster than fsmash, you played ******* lol. Lots of people will spotdodge when they see it coming though, so you can hit them with a charged one lolol

:phone:

Turazrok

Smash Master
Given that getups are faster than fsmash, you played ******* lol. Lots of people will spotdodge when they see it coming though, so you can hit them with a charged one lolol

:phone:
When did I say they were good? Still hilarious

Same to you, but would you guys let this thread die for awhile? I want the snake boards to become as dead as the ICs thread in melee.

Well, I was sort of bored and started looking at the invincibility portion of certain character's attacks. Snake has some intangible hurtboxes in his dash attack on frame 5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12 of the move. The image below is snake in frame 6 of the attack. I marked out the best I could of the general location of these intangible hurtboxes. The location is from shoulder joint to elbow joint. I am not sure exactly how large in radius these locations are.

Thanks to EY for helping figure some of this stuff out.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
This came out as an original anime, but people have made manga adaptions of it, not sure where the manga is at as I have only followed the Anime.

etecoon

Smash Hero
should just watch it anyway, it was 12 episodes IIRC so it avoids the main problem most anime has compared to manga(filler while they wait for the manga to get ahead lol). could never get into manga myself though, too much black and white and I like things to have sound(anyone that's played brawl on my wii knows it's like 50% anime music...)

etecoon

Smash Hero
it depends on where and during what period you hit him, it has to be early IIRC if marth spaces you out really well and waits for it he can fair you anyway. if you know he's going to cover his landing with fair you can dash attack it but if he jumps back and does nothing he's probably baiting you

dash attack will lose to nair consistently so I just cover my landing with that usually, snake has to be relatively close to do anything about it so retreating nair is really hard to punish

RATED

Smash Lord
should just watch it anyway, it was 12 episodes IIRC so it avoids the main problem most anime has compared to manga(filler while they wait for the manga to get ahead lol). could never get into manga myself though, too much black and white and I like things to have sound(anyone that's played brawl on my wii knows it's like 50% anime music...)
The only way I can read manga if its a manga like Bakuman, bloody monday or something like that. Battle manga is boring as hell, but when animated is awesome IMO. I am READING one piece just because I want to "hurry up" and my internet connection sucks balls.

I believe dash attack beats fair at max range. It does lose to nair though. We are decent at juggling marth actually. His air dodge is horrible. Something like a frame later than normal so 5 and only last to like 30 or 32. On FD when he is at 60% you can pretty much keep him in the air if you space dash attack correctly. Nair also starts 2 frames later than fair so there is more guess work on his part. Marth is my most comfortable high tier MU.

RATED

Smash Lord
wait have you played any high level marth? Marth is a fun matchup to me but is not easy at ALL. It doesnt matter if you know the MU, is still a hard matchup to play as Snake. lol

Not saying the MU is easy saying it's my most comfortable. My friend used to main marth and I've played a lot of different Marths so i feel most comfortable in that MU. I played Chaz once or twice (not in tourny) but I didn't get ***** as bad as i did the other SFL players and their characters. Once took (Sea Brick's) mk down to last stock mid-percent in tourny. The I got ***** by his DDD.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Not saying the MU is easy saying it's my most comfortable. My friend used to main marth and I've played a lot of different Marths so i feel most comfortable in that MU. I played Chaz once or twice (not in tourny) but I didn't get ***** as bad as i did the other SFL players and their characters. Once took (Sea Brick's) mk down to last stock mid-percent in tourny. The I got ***** by his DDD.
don't see how you can decide that based on one top marth but w/e

doing better against seibrik game 1 than game 2 should be no surprise regardless of what characters he uses...

RATED

Smash Lord
Ok, awesome, that's good. I just wanted to ask lol

Top Bottom