• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I never really looked into using Usmash all that much.

The set-up is nice if you can hit with it. If someone airdodges right away, they get hit by mortar or you. If they attack the mortar, you can still try to punish them for doing something. Although, I am not really sure about DI. I think people can DI it far away enough that they avoid any frame traps set-up by the move. Althouth, I am really unsure since I never use the move unless by accident.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
crystal said most of it.

it pops the enemy into the air, where for the most part, they are frame trapped between a mortar and an uair. characters like mk have to airdodge the mortar, as they can't break it with their transcendent priority. this often means a free uair (which often knocks them into the mortar anyway lol). even characters who can use aerials to break the mortar are still often frame trapped into an uair.

obviously it's di dependent, but usmash is significantly faster than human reaction time anyway, so if used sparingly, should be very difficult to di out of.

should also mention that some characters pop up too high for the chase, and other characters (wario) don't care anyway.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I can't see the thread.

Apparently I'm banned from AiB until August 31, 2038

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell, the site won't let me see anything.

Is there a way to find out? Or something?

RATED

Smash Lord
half of us are from new england lmao, celtics ftw
LOL yeah I forgot that detail jajaja.

I want Thunders to win it, if not boston or bulls. I don't want Miami to win it, LeBron is a ego machine even though in contribution to the team Wade>LeBron.

anyone has a "favorite" player?

mine all-time player is : Isiah Thomas "zeke" the best "short guy" in NBA, he was 6-1 and used to be a BEAST.

Right now: Kevin Durant <3 and Rondo.

Hi there Infern :),Someone should run another video thread. One organized for mid-high, top level Snakes like a "library" of it.

RATED

Smash Lord
I am interested, I have some vids up from last month I think. in April 30 I will go to a tourney that's like our most important tourney when it comes to smash in PR. So that I will have vids from that tourney too.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Yeah, I wouldn't mind creating one if there is good interest in it, I always enjoyed watching other Snakes around the country.
Do it! I want to see some epic Snake pwnage, Snake is one of the funnest characters to watch play because of all their different styles.

Infern, you goin to SiiS5, right? :p

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Do it! I want to see some epic Snake pwnage, Snake is one of the funnest characters to watch play because of all their different styles.

Infern, you goin to SiiS5, right? :p
Guess ill make one either tonight or tomorrow.

and yeah 4 sho, looking forward to playing that Wario again!

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I'm very sorry! After getting a chance to play some of the top ranked players in America (NAKAT, Vinnie) for an entire day I've come to realize that flashy gameplay ends up with me getting 3 stocked. I will be focusing strongly on my technical game in hopes to improve my poor meta-game. I will be abandoning my flashiness and renounce my self proclaimed title of the flashiest Snake in hopes to place well in tournaments and succeed in competition. -False

ErikG

Smash Ace
I'm very sorry! After getting a chance to play some of the top ranked players in America (NAKAT, Vinnie) for an entire day I've come to realize that flashy gameplay ends up with me getting 3 stocked. I will be focusing strongly on my technical game in hopes to improve my poor meta-game. I will be abandoning my flashiness and renounce my self proclaimed title of the flashiest Snake in hopes to place well in tournaments and succeed in competition. -False
Honestly, it probably didn't matter what playstyle you used against them. They simply know the MU and are just on a higher level. You don't have to abandon your flashiness altogether to be better. You just need to know when to be flashy and when to play it safe.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i hate to sound like a d*ck, but i kinda told ya so.

as a character, snake gets punished pretty badly by high tiers, and playing flashy is generally not safe.

at the same time, flashiness is heaps useful when you're in a bad situation. but if you use it all the time, it's just too punishable.

tighten your defensive game, limit your flashiness, and you'll be ace. trust me.

I feel like in a limited sense doing flashy stuff can help you distract your opponent. Whether it is great grenade play or having explosions going off all the time. You have to be careful to not confuse flashy with being stupid like trying to go off stage trying to gimp MK. It may not even be called being flashy it just might be just good mix ups. And this is where knowing your character comes into play. If you know everything you can do with your character your options open up. My favorite mix up is running up to people and fairing them or using fair in general. People are like snake can't defend himself in the front and then they get axe kicked in the face.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I kind of hope Fatal randomly spends the night at my place again.
I'd love for some of that super practice.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
This is dead.

What about music? What do you guys like?

Right now I'm really liking some techno music. It's so hyped up

Top Bottom