• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I don't get why people are freaking out so much about this ruleset. The only wonky things are Pictochat and infinites officially being legal. Everything else is just sort of the old standard.

Who has infinites? Besides Icys, Marth on Ness/Lucas, and Yoshi on Wario
ddd on dk,bowser,mario,samus afaik
and on some stages he has wall infinites on almost the whole cast
DDD has that wacky standing pivot grab on us. Although, I have only ever seen it done with tool assist.
I wish we had an infinite
In a way, Snake does have an infinite on people through out tech chase. HOwever, people can simply keep rolling to the ledge, then once we grab them again, a dthrow is useless since people can FF to the ledge before we can attack.
I don't get why people are freaking out so much about this ruleset. The only wonky things are Pictochat and infinites officially being legal. Everything else is just sort of the old standard.
I do not see why pictochat is a problem o.0 Unless there is something on that stage that I do not know about. I heard something about sonic and spindashes on that stage, but I never heard the details about it.

I still wish brinstar and rainbow cruise were banned ;P Clearly, it is the stop banned stage on most people's stagelists.

Suds is such a cool name :D

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
At least one or the other for Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise should be banned so MK doesn't always get a counterpick no matter what.

With Snake, I never really minded it as much as brinstar. Sheilding and nades are still fairly strong on RC if you are running away the whole time. There is nearly always a platform you can escape too. The only problems I ever really ran into were on the boat and 3rd part after the pendulum swing.

Whoever manages to get that percent/stock lead on the boat has the edge on running away it seems. So for this reason, I never mind playing on it.

Brinstar, I have all the issues in the world. Get stuck on a platform, what the heck am I supposed to do?

jbandrew

Smash Lord
With Snake, I never really minded it as much as brinstar. Sheilding and nades are still fairly strong on RC if you are running away the whole time. There is nearly always a platform you can escape too. The only problems I ever really ran into were on the boat and 3rd part after the pendulum swing.

Whoever manages to get that percent/stock lead on the boat has the edge on running away it seems. So for this reason, I never mind playing on it.

Brinstar, I have all the issues in the world. Get stuck on a platform, what the heck am I supposed to do?
platform camp? on the left platform you can camp with ur back towards ur opponent making it hard to hit you unless they have a projectile.

You can camp the top platform, and the right platform is actually the left platform ENHANCED because it if you camp backwards the nade falls down towards the floor and into the opponents area if you just sheild drop it on the sloping angle. So yea, I actually don't find brinstar half bad. I hate the lava though.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
DDD has that wacky standing pivot grab on us. Although, I have only ever seen it done with tool assist.

In a way, Snake does have an infinite on people through out tech chase. HOwever, people can simply keep rolling to the ledge, then once we grab them again, a dthrow is useless since people can FF to the ledge before we can attack.

I do not see why pictochat is a problem o.0 Unless there is something on that stage that I do not know about. I heard something about sonic and spindashes on that stage, but I never heard the details about it.

I still wish brinstar and rainbow cruise were banned ;P Clearly, it is the stop banned stage on most people's stagelists.

Suds is such a cool name :D
So he has an infinite on us, but its almost beyond human capability?

He can also Dthrow > Bair with the same kind of method, but this is apparently easier, so watch out

I think RC should go before Brinstar does. I have no idea how that thing is considered viable for play

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I never really read that, but I suppose I will now. Thanks

But you could get good on just about any stage, doesn't really mean it's actually a acceptable stage.

Anyone have advice for Brinstar? The rest of the stages aren't too hard, except maybe PS1/2

EDIT: The RC guide says you can't fall through the pendulum. You can, so be careful when trying to Dtilt/C4

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
The Peach boards are dead so I figured I'd pester you guys.
Hi everyone! How are you all doing today!?

I'm curious, what's your favorite kill move?
inb4utilt

RATED

Smash Lord
The Peach boards are dead so I figured I'd pester you guys.
Hi everyone! How are you all doing today!?

I'm curious, what's your favorite kill move?
inb4utilt
lol you came from a dead board to a Dead board like Snake boards.

Also Is your user name "momentai" a reference to the Catchphrase from Terriermom( the digimon with really long ears) ?

Edit: my fav Kill move is probably U-air, but lol Snake can kill with almost everything.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
australian national begins tomorrow... wish me luck!

i'm pretty consistently coming 3rd or 4th at big tournies, but i'm a little unprepared this time. we'll see.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
australian national begins tomorrow... wish me luck!

i'm pretty consistently coming 3rd or 4th at big tournies, but i'm a little unprepared this time. we'll see.
Good Luck Man

lol you came from a dead board to a Dead board like Snake boards.

Also Is your user name "momentai" a reference to the Catchphrase from Terriermom( the digimon with really long ears) ?

Edit: my fav Kill move is probably U-air, but lol Snake can kill with almost everything.
I don't blame him, the Peach boards are scary. It's safe here.

The only moves that don't kill at a reasonable % are Fthrow (debatable), Uthrow and Dthrow

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I've never being to Japan but I'd love to go there, gonna start learning Japanese after I'm done with this semester.

What would you guys spend 20 dollars on at best buy these days? I got two gift cards I won from brawl, and I have no idea how to spend it. Suggestions?

RATED

Smash Lord
I havent been on a best buy since 3 years ago I think LOL.

I live 2 hours and a half from Best buy... so I have legit johns.

Even though I live at least 1 hour and a Half ( or more) from Everything. Including tourneys lol

Top Bottom