• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

RATED

Smash Lord
I Lol'd so hard today, my HTML professor said the BEST that's what she said ever he said in spanish = "Esto esta bn grande y estoy ready pa cojerlo", which in English means " this is HUGE and I am ready to take it". He said it so Confident that Me and the other classmates LOL'd till crying

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking, and I thought of something. It's based on this:

It is impossible to kill yourself off the top of the screen with the Cypher.

Using this, we should able to survive things we would not normally be able to (At least vertically).

You are able to air dodge out of hitstun on frame 14 (I found this somewhere, but I can't find it anymore) and I believe you can aerial sometime around 28.

Using these extra frames from air dodge, we should be able to cypher after the air dodge and survive.

I tried and was not able to get it to work, but my attempts to find a % to test this with were inconsistent. If someone could test this with Frame Advance (or tell me how to get it), we may be able to get a real result.

If there's some problem with part of this let me know, otherwise what do you think?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
iirc the time to airdodge/aeriel out of hitstun is exactly the same for either. And using cypher will furthur boost your momentum upwards. using an aerial and fast falling is by far the superior method.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
The Air Dodge would still end faster, even if not by as much.

Ok, it would boost you up, but being on the cypher wouldn't save you?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
You can Ff an aerial from frame 1. This is much better for surviving vertically.

Airdodging is only better when you are hit sideways (usually when you fail di), cause you don't want to Ff if hit at any less than 60ish degrees, cause you'll lessen the distance to the killzone. Using an airdodge followed by a wavebounce is something that I would like to look into, however.
:phone:

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Did not know that. Frame one of hitstun?

The Zelda boards had something on Wavebouncing Neutral B for their momentum canceling.

It works for them, but messing it up means you die sooner. Not sure how much it would help us.

Attila_

BRoomer
First frame that the aerial comes out. You can't do this with airdodge though, making it only when you don't want to Ff.

The wavebounce could be potentially amazing, espc if you've already lost your jump. Would love for someone to test...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVB4-NLlsQ&feature=feedu

More new stuff from GIMR. I had already given this thought but did not know about the letting go of the stick to be able to grab on from frame 1. I think we should discuss the benefits of the using this or the boost grab. Which one give more range and what not.

So far the only con is this cannot be buffered really but much less laggy than boost grab and easier.

ANNNNNNDDDDD congrats shmot!!!!!!!

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
First frame that the aerial comes out. You can't do this with airdodge though, making it only when you don't want to Ff.

The wavebounce could be potentially amazing, espc if you've already lost your jump. Would love for someone to test...
Oh, I knew you couldn't FF AD the same way. But this cypher idea wouldn't work at all?

Also, wouldn't that require you to be facing away from the stage? Otherwise you have to do the Wavebounce where you get the boost in the same direction, much more complicated and accident prone.

Attila_

BRoomer
Oh thanks tech :D

You'd be facing the stage, then wavebouncing so your facing away from it. Risky, yes, but it could make you live 20-30% more, which would be amazing.

The grab thing is interesting; I never boost grab anyway cause it's outrageously slow and laggy.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Oh thanks tech :D

You'd be facing the stage, then wavebouncing so your facing away from it. Risky, yes, but it could make you live 20-30% more, which would be amazing.

The grab thing is interesting; I never boost grab anyway cause it's outrageously slow and laggy.
Is it possible to B-reverse Cypher? Then recovering after wouldn't be as difficult.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Well, shield grabbing and stationary grabbing are essentially the same: they're harder to punish because their ending lags are significantly less than that of dash grabs, where you go into a brief "stumble" animation.(ie d3 does a combat roll if he misses a dash grab)

Shielddash grabbing allows you the option of blocking before grabbing and also allows you to run and grab (much like a dash grab) except without having to deal with that ridiculous ending lag.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
shield grabbing isnt that much better than dash grab because of the lack of range on snake's standing grab, so dashing grab really isnt that bad.

Also. if mk is approaching your shield with a nado and you have a nade on your feet, sh instant throw oos is actually a pretty good way to combat that.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
cant believe you guys come up with the idea of using b-reversals to mom cancel just now ..
tested it like over a year ago and sadly nothing works :/

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
theirs actually have momentum changing effects, while ours doesnt. And I think ppl said that most of them are not rly better than jumping anyways.

Argh!!! How does anyone play Falco or Fox with shines >_> No matter how much I try, I cannot get my spacies any better. Oh well. Work with the limitations and go with Marth instead. **** with lower standards.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
When in doubt, SHL. Dair > Shine. Repeat and kill with Bair/Upsmash/Fsmash/Uair.

Yay!

Turazrok

Smash Master
You're stupid.

Seriously... I hope you're trolling. I believe I just went through this with you people.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Sorry. Second time someone said that about falco and it annoys me.

I don't go around spouting how easy it is to win by spamming nades and ftilt now do I?

F A N G

Smash Journeyman

At least I didn't make a flowchart like that

But honestly, I find them hilarious, especially the MK and DDD ones

Top Bottom