• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
have you not been paying attention to kain at all recently? he beat several known players at the last tournament he went to and placed in 2nd.

are you just one of those ppl who find things people like then bash on them? we call them trolls, at least today is trying something new for a character that is woefully stagnant

edit: these boards are a mess you guys have like a new thread for every MU which is generally forgotten about after a couple days, no one who's ever placed well is ever active here either

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hey guys. We should drop this.

It isn't necessary to argue over this. I appreciate the support I got from people here and in the Xat. I got some nice comments. (': However, no need to argue.

If you don't want to come into the Xat you don't have to. Those who are will continue to do so.

http://xat.com/Snakeater Here's the link. I'm going to ask Samurai Panda to post it on the front page. Like I said, I got to know some people already and I feel like we're already becoming closer.

etecoon

Smash Hero
while I don't share underloads aggressive dislike for having a snake chat I DO have to agree that xat is a pretty bad chat client and that there being a skype chat makes it pretty redundant, dunno how good skype is either, we need an IRC room lol

edit: LMFAO at some wolf people coming here and saying no one that places posts here, no one that places posts on your boards because wolf is **** near incapable of doing so as it is. ally, afro, bizkit, sinz, and redhalberd have been helpful here, that's more than a lot of character boards can say

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
fair enough, arguing is dumb anyways, there's nothing inherently wrong with the xat, come if you want but lets not be rude to each other

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
have you not been paying attention to kain at all recently? he beat several known players at the last tournament he went to and placed in 2nd.

are you just one of those ppl who find things people like then bash on them? we call them trolls, at least today is trying something new for a character that is woefully stagnant

edit: these boards are a mess you guys have like a new thread for every MU which is generally forgotten about after a couple days, no one who's ever placed well is ever active here either
Wolf is still an uncompetitive character. There was a lack of D3's at Joker's tournaments. He gets caught in nearly every infinite. Name something gay there is a high likely hood that it affects Wolf.

He has a mediocre mix up game. (as does fox... but fox's lasers are amazing)

Don't get me wrong, Kain is an excellent player(as is Atomsk). I feel that they can do so much better with a character that has more options. But, aside from them there aren't any good wolves.

There are plenty of top snakes. Razer, Fatal, Ally, Afro, Candy, and others post here. We are just having trouble organizing right now.

One other thing. Snake isn't that easy to actually discuss. Most of the discussions usually end up camp more and space ftilt. Yet, there is so much more than that to Snake.

Underload places well at his local tournaments. I place well at the tournaments I attend. Nappy wins tournaments he attends.

We aren't just a bunch of trolls. We are good players.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Wolf is still an uncompetitive character. There was a lack of D3's at Joker's tournaments. He gets caught in nearly every infinite. Name something gay there is a high likely hood that it affects Wolf.

fair enough, he does have troubles

He has a mediocre mix up game. (as does fox... but fox's lasers are amazing)

its a little better than mediocre but that depends on the player

Don't get me wrong, Kain is an excellent player(as is Atomsk). I feel that they can do so much better with a character that has more options. But, aside from them there aren't any good wolves.

there's kain, atomsk, JJ, seagull, choice, and tedeth, its not a lot but a fair amount
There are plenty of top snakes. Razer, Fatal, Ally, Afro, Candy, and others post here. We are just having trouble organizing right now.

i know that its just that they dont post too often or not in a lot of the areas that count, there's plenty of great snakes that're active here

One other thing. Snake isn't that easy to actually discuss. Most of the discussions usually end up camp more and space ftilt. Yet, there is so much more than that to Snake.

thats probably lack of knowledge cause he has so many easy fall back stratagies

Underload places well at his local tournaments. I place well at the tournaments I attend. Nappy wins tournaments he attends.

We aren't just a bunch of trolls. We are good players.
i would never call you bad players, i'm sorry if it sounded that way

ErikG

Smash Ace
Sinz, I'm a mediocre player. That's why I stick to the social/lurking/giving info that I know is solid.

So far I've taken 2 out of my 3 AP tests. I destroyed the Stats and BC Calc tests. Physics is going to be iffy.

RATED

Smash Lord
Hi. ErikG no one is a mediocre player if he doesnt want to. for that's practice. even the best top players someday were " suckish, mediocre" players.

frayike

Smash Cadet
Not Ally. He simply was. Almost like chuck norris. He is a result of chuck norris liking snake so much that he decided to will up an existence that would make him look insane. And thus ALLY

-Ran

Smash Master
(1:02:04 AM) Ran Iji: I changed my Brawl mindset.
(1:02:08 AM) Ran Iji: I no longer care about beating Lee.
(1:02:14 AM) Nappy: good
(1:02:15 AM) Ran Iji: I'm now just going to beat everyone.
(1:02:22 AM) Nappy: thats what i'm talkin bout baby
(1:02:29 AM) Nappy: workin your way up to the top
(1:02:33 AM) Nappy: no pity
(1:02:36 AM) Nappy: relentless
(1:02:36 AM) Ran Iji: No. I'm just flat out beating everyone.
(1:02:43 AM) Ran Iji: With a baseball bat.
(1:02:45 AM) Ran Iji: Outside the venue.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I laughed and it hurt. (:

ErikG

Smash Ace
Hi. ErikG no one is a mediocre player if he doesnt want to. for that's practice. even the best top players someday were " suckish, mediocre" players.
I'm not saying I'm always going to be a mediocre player, I'm just saying that right now, I am relatively mediocre. Now then, how long I remain mediocre is up to me.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm afraid to MM you now. Or be at the same venue. Or near you.

frayike

Smash Cadet
Guys. Earlier I fell into a rut with snake so I decided to take a little break with him and play diddy. Playing another high tier for awhile helps understand the match up. Anywho after playing with him for a day I started to play snake again and beasted it. haha feeling the power of snake is awesome. just thought I'd share incase you felt your snake seemed to be lacking something. It really helps to just not play him for awhile. haha probably old news :chuckle:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
It does help to use another character once in awhile if your main isn't cutting it for you. I guess for some people it works. I just try not to go too long without using my mains, or I'll get pretty rusty =P

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Guys. Earlier I fell into a rut with snake so I decided to take a little break with him and play diddy. Playing another high tier for awhile helps understand the match up. Anywho after playing with him for a day I started to play snake again and beasted it. haha feeling the power of snake is awesome. just thought I'd share incase you felt your snake seemed to be lacking something. It really helps to just not play him for awhile. haha probably old news :chuckle:
i guess diffrent things work for diffrent people personally i only enjoy using snake and if i loose in a matchup id keep doing it until i got better in it with snake and snake only and it works xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
been posted everywhere by now but YES, neo is by far the coolest person in smash that I haven't met IRL, too ****ing good

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
well this is a social thread so anything goes, you guys might as well gtfo or go do something productive instead of complaining about anime on a board about a japanese game with anime characters in it

napZzz

Smash Hero
The social thread talks about too much dumb ****

So does the rest of the snake boards 90% of the time

so does the backroom

etc. etc.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Maybe he hates random anime talk like me
he takes things too seriously, this is a social thread, it's not intended to be 100% metagame discussion or anything, this would be a bad medium for it anyway as anything useful is quickly buried. there should probably be a separate thread for metagame gen disc anyway though IMO

edit

so does the backroom
do what I did and troll the backroom until they kick you out lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
Its not even that reall. I was semi trolling when I said that cuz I figured people like you, xeylode, yume, and the other super snake posters would probably rage on it.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
thats why the social thread is here you dolts XD to keep the garbage out of the rest of the snake boards, not that it seems to be helping all that much but its not the snakes fault, its the lack of a mod at this point

also admitting to trolling is retardedly stupid, thats half the reason these boards arent as good as they could be, trolls

napZzz

Smash Hero
thats why the social thread is here you dolts XD to keep the garbage out of the rest of the snake boards, not that it seems to be helping all that much but its not the snakes fault, its the lack of a mod at this point

also admitting to trolling is retardedly stupid, thats half the reason these boards arent as good as they could be, trolls
there still seems to be quite a bit of garbage going into it for some odd reason...NOT SURE WHY

Top Bottom