• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So its finals week right now, and the week after I'll be going to China for about a month, so I won't be posting here for a while, if I still care about Brawl when I get back you'll hear from me again around mid-June.

So see ya for now everyone ^.^

frayike

Smash Cadet
So yesterday was my senior ball and I beasted it. I mean it was my first time actually dancing and I ended up freakin with two girls at once haha. I really could care less if you believe me haha. If you are still in high school go to your senior ball and dance your *** off. it is so worth it haha

Underload

Lazy
Later, Yume. Do well on your finals, after that you can enjoy a nice summer vacation.

For everybody: I'm sprucing up the matchup thread. Sorry about the delays, I've had a hectic few days.

etecoon

Smash Hero
oh ****, I only slept like 2 hours today so I'd already pretty much made my plan for the day "listen to DKC2 remixes and watch a ton of snake vids"

brb stealing all of you guys' ****

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I agree completely. Can't wait for those vids.

CO18

Smash Hero
I wouldnt reccomend watching from the beginning those are his first matches and its not pretty lol, id start from where like hal said then starting from match 12 he starts feelin it

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
These games are literally my first games in about a year

I'd watch them all, i did.
I remember because a year ago was when I first started playing Brawl competitively and saw you play on some live stream of some tournaments. This is when I was a "scrub" and what not. That's how I remember you. I thought you were super-good.

But, I do have 2 question. Why did you stop playing Brawl? And also, why for that long?

AfroQT

Smash Master
I remember because a year ago was when I first started playing Brawl competitively and saw you play on some live stream of some tournaments. This is when I was a "scrub" and what not. That's how I remember you. I thought you were super-good.

But, I do have 2 question. Why did you stop playing Brawl? And also, why for that long?
1. Because i used to think that brawl should be good and everyone should play it like its good. When in reality, its a game (thats poorly made for competitive play) and everyone should play to win, period.

2. I never planned on coming back.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hm so I was talking about this with Fray the other day and brought up the idea of making a Snake xat. Most of the other characters have one, so I've considered making one for us. Xats are a nice way for people to socialize with one another, broadcast youtube vids together, etc.

I'm not sure what you guys think of this, so this is why I'm asking for your input. I'll be happy to make one if you guys want =)

Here's a list of all the xats so far:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hm so I was talking about this with Fray the other day and brought up the idea of making a Snake xat. Most of the other characters have one, so I've considered making one for us. Xats are a nice way for people to socialize with one another, broadcast youtube vids together, etc.

I'm not sure what you guys think of this, so this is why I'm asking for your input. I'll be happy to make one if you guys want =)

Here's a list of all the xats so far:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563
http://xat.com/Snakeater

I actually had made that Xat awhile ago for Snakes but no one came in. The only people that was there was Yume and Infern. But the lack of interest no one came up. I'd love to start this up again. It'd be a great place to get everyone in for discussion or to just socialize daily. I'll sit in it for a couple of days and see if anyone enters. (': If we can get discussion happening that would be great. I guess we'd also need this where everyone can see it like ont he front page. So I'll ask Panda if he'd want to put it on there once we get people.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
1. Because i used to think that brawl should be good and everyone should play it like its good. When in reality, its a game (thats poorly made for competitive play) and everyone should play to win, period.

Ahhh. Well, do you plan to go to tournaments, and travel to play tournaments?
What are your plans for Snake?

Underload

Lazy
Huge no on the xat.

1. It's a crappy chat client
2. It's forces you to have a hierarchy of members, which is bad in every way
3. It takes away traffic from the boards (the last thing we need right)
4. We have AIM, which is an installable client, where you're not forced to talk to anybody, and in every way superior to xat.

You're just stretching out our resources with AIM, Skype, xat, the back room, and the boards.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
it works for the wolf boards :o and i think its safe to say we have a healthier community than the snakes, but maybe thats cause these boards are modless

Underload

Lazy
Wolf boards have ~29,000 posts with ~1,050 threads. Snake boards have ~51,000 posts with ~1,500 threads. That's kind of what I'm getting at. A xat chat takes away a large chunk of posting power... the effort is better spent on the boards, where things can be archived and discussed over long periods of time.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
What? There's nothing wrong with a Xat chat.

Agreed with, Golden 100%. Most character boards have it. AIM requires an installation. Not everyone has it. Not only that. AIM is a one on one thing. Sure you can make group chats, but it's troublesome and laggy. It's really easy to have everyone post in the Xat as a group. The Skype chat obviously failed. Not only that, you just post a link to a YouTube video which allows a panel to be posted and everyone can watch and comment on it. It doesn't take away traffic from the boards. It increases the closeness of community which is very important in character boards. o__O;;
Sorry, Underload. I have to disagree with you completely on this one.

If you feel like not coming into the Xat chat, you don't have to. But a Xat chat is fantastic. I've been in the Pikachu Xat chat and the Olimar Xat. And both boards are extremely active and especially the Pikachu Xat is really close. The Olimar Xat we have very nice discussion, post videos, and give opinions and critiques and ideas. Everyone is very very close. And I've learnt a lot about the people and the character.

Example: http://xat.com/highvoltageclan
Pikachu.
Very active. They socialize and discuss whenever they need to. The point of a Xat is to bring closeness to everyone. It's very easy access with as simple click of a button.
Like I said. You don't have to come in. But I highly suggest it for the others.

The keywords are community and communication.

Honestly, if no one comes in it it's not going to get anywhere. We need the work of everyone.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Wolf boards have ~29,000 posts with ~1,050 threads. Snake boards have ~51,000 posts with ~1,500 threads. That's kind of what I'm getting at. A xat chat takes away a large chunk of posting power... the effort is better spent on the boards, where things can be archived and discussed over long periods of time.
Underload. The point of character boards isn't competition with posts and threads. At one point the Snake boards of full of spam. The boards can be active. But with a Xat we get somewhere together.

Character boards isn't a game.

6Mizu

Smash Champion

Huge no on the xat.

1. It's a crappy chat client
2. It's forces you to have a hierarchy of members, which is bad in every way
3. It takes away traffic from the boards (the last thing we need right)
4. We have AIM, which is an installable client, where you're not forced to talk to anybody, and in every way superior to xat.

You're just stretching out our resources with AIM, Skype, xat, the back room, and the boards.
It's almost like Underload stole my words right out of my mouth. No XAT! sry

Let all socialization go in here.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Like I said. People can choose not co come in. Those who will will.

I'm trying my best to help the Snake community and with that we need to work together. Not just by myself.

Work as a team. Character posts and threads isn't a game. The point of character boards is to discuss about your character and tighten your community. AKA a Xat chat. If it wasn't for a Xat, I wouldn't have been able to talk to a lot of good players and learn a lot of things.

If the Snakes chooses not to tighten your community and play a game that's fine.
Not everyone is going to stay on the Snake topic all day waiting for a new post. Heck, not everyone stays on Smashboards all day.
Xat is instant, easy, simple, WITH video showing for easy discussing and watching without having to exit out of the Xat. So you can watch AND talk about it at the same time. Convenient, right? Do we sit here and post vids in the social thread and everyone discuss and give their opinions? Not really.

That being said. We have some people in the Snake Xat now. (': So whomever else wants to join feel free. I love talking to you guys. And I'm already learning some new things about some people.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
we get more done discussing and testing things in the xat on the wolf boards then we do in the forums then whoever has the most type archives it for any newer members.
the wolf metagame is constantly improving because of it, when was the last time snake got something new?

Underload

Lazy
Question: When was the last time a Wolf placed decently at anything that mattered?

Now onto what I really want to talk about:

There's NO way you get more done on a xat than on a forum.

• You can chat, sure. You can also do this on AIM.
  • You can post video / photo links if they aren't blocked by xat's 'filter'.
  • You can't archive things. You can hardly even copy the things people have said. I think it's, like, one line of text? That's tedious, you can copy entire conversations with AIM.
  • Every top tier hasn't 'gotten anything new' since ~2009. It's actually because Wolf's metagame is so far behind that you're still discovering new things. The attentive ones here got that part of Snake's lifespan out of the way a long time ago. We're discussing matchups for a second time now, that's about all we have to do.
  • I never see you here. How do you know how our metagame is faring compared to Wolf's?

The Toon Link boards have 15,000 posts on you, in about the same thread count. You're telling me you get more done than us...?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll add in that I don't really want a xat, but it's mostly just because I really hate how xat works. I'd much rather use AIM, and I'm barely on that.

frayike

Smash Cadet
hmmm I understand both sides of the xat arguement. Underload has a good point in the fact that the boards may become inactive if the focus is on the chat and the fact that someone will have to be post both on the xat and the board and could cause alot of work on everyones part. Aim is good. possibly a chat on there? idk Today and Mochamew have an idea and I personal like the xats. Today came up with the perfect solution of if you don't want the chat then don't go on and if you do it's there for you. It is really up to today if she wants to run it. I am sure the majority of the professional snakes will rather not go on but it's whatever. There is a lot of unneeded things on here but I guess that's what this thread is for. I am on Today's side :chuckle: Eh yeah make your own decisions. You guys are grown people so just do your own things. but yeah underload is kinda really right haha :chuckle:

Top Bottom