• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Turazrok

Smash Master
So how many of you heard about ADHD?

Whoa! I went under my name and I cannot find Snake Back Room...did you guys kick me off?
Lol I got kicked out too. I don't know quite why... ( maybe because I never go Snake offline?)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hrm... I don't think you have to main a character to be in the backroom. I believe there are other players in other character backrooms that main other characters. But I do agree, as long as you play the character. And you guys had pretty much everyone.
I suppose it's dependent on who runs the backroom. Are you guys aiming towards top players or players that contribute?
Meaning, are you only adding people that is a Snake main and that places well or adding players that knows tons of Snake, adds information, and pretty much contributed a lot.
This isn't directed about me or anything of that sort. I'm saying in general. Or more so the "get better and stop maining another character."-"Has to be a top player and plays Snake only."
You have to think a lot of top players just play. If you are taking out everyone that well doesn't play as much but is really smart where are you going to get a lot of your information or contributions?
What I'm saying is I hope you're not running it like that otherwise you won't get anywhere. Honestly the only people that I feel like contributes the most here are Ran and Yume. More so Yume than anyone else. I do realize some people help, too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sorry I haven't been active lately. It hurts to breathe ):

EDIT:

Also, underloads signature is amazing

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Let's see...

Hmm, yep, looks like the final decision was to kick you out. Sawwy, get better and stop maining another character.
I main both ROB and Snake, but I go Snake at all tourneys!

Lol I got kicked out too. I don't know quite why... ( maybe because I never go Snake offline?)
Well, I play Snake at tourney.

I still don't understand why yall kicked me off. I cannot think of a decent reason.

EDIT:

oh, sry.
Ohhh, yea...I haven't been active because of school and I cut 1/2 an inch into the side of my hand on Thursday of last week (in school: in art class with an Exacto knife), so for me it hurts to type anything. :(

BTW, I have 6 stitches, which I'm getting removed on Sunday.

Underload

Lazy
1. Turazrok and Mizu aren't extremely informative. Neither are you or Berk.
2. The only one out of you four that mains Snake is Berk.
3. The point of the back room is to have the highest quality of player, in a knowledge:skill ratio. Bizkit? Incredibly smart, and incredibly good. Me? I know a decent amount, and I play decently well. Berk? Tries to contribute, but has zero experience to back up what he says. You, Turazrok, and Mizu? You play Game & Watch, Olimar, and ROB respectively. You don't invest your full time into the character, on the boards or in-game. That's the criteria. It's just a standard with how impressed we are of you and what you've accomplished; that's why we had multiple people give their thoughts before pulling the proverbial trigger.

That thing is the Snake backroom. Not the "yeah, I play Snake as a second / third character and I post a decent amount on the boards, mostly in the social thread." There's no direct link between posting and contributing information.

The door isn't entirely shut and locked, either. If you really care, prove that you deserve to be in there. Otherwise, go back to your own character board. Hell, Zaj has about 5 people on watch by my discretion. If they don't post in the BR, they're out.

Why would I play Snake and get gimped when I can play olimar and get gimped while wearing pink boots.
This is why you're not in.

EDIT:

Feel better. :(

And DAAAAMN STRAIGHT!

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
1. Turazrok and Mizu aren't extremely informative. Neither are you or Berk.
2. The only one out of you four that mains Snake is Berk.
3. The point of the back room is to have the highest quality of player, in a knowledge:skill ratio. Bizkit? Incredibly smart, and incredibly good. Me? I know a decent amount, and I play decently well. Berk? Tries to contribute, but has zero experience to back up what he says. You, Turazrok, and Mizu? You play Game & Watch, Olimar, and ROB respectively. You don't invest your full time into the character, on the boards or in-game. That's the criteria. It's just a standard with how impressed we are of you and what you've accomplished; that's why we had multiple people give their thoughts before pulling the proverbial trigger.

That thing is the Snake backroom. Not the "yeah, I play Snake as a second / third character and I post a decent amount on the boards, mostly in the social thread." There's no direct link between posting and contributing information.

The door isn't entirely shut and locked, either. If you really care, prove that you deserve to be in there. Otherwise, go back to your own character board. Hell, Zaj has about 5 people on watch by my discretion. If they don't post in the BR, they're out.

This is why you're not in.

Feel better. :(

And DAAAAMN STRAIGHT!
I main both ROB and Snake, but I go Snake at all tourneys!

Well, I play only Snake at tourney.

I still don't understand why yall kicked me off. I cannot think of a decent reason.
There so I can explain this and you can understand it I bolded/edited it and put it in RED.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lolwut... IDC honestly I just was curious as to why. And no I don't bother correcting people's mistakes on the FAQ QnA thread besides the one time berk said BDACUS was a bthrow dacus. I main olimar... but I really only care about melee. Ummm.... IF snake had pinkboots I would play him. Ran needs to stay in. Although I'm not too sure how he's been doing.. Snake I really don't only play because I never bothered to learn how to b-reversal, and oli only has to know how to time whistle armor.

/longramblypost

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol snake broom drama, I expected this to happen a lot sooner tbh

snake room is just jealous of people that main non-low tier characters IMO : )

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Underload saved me an explanation.

Again, I'd like to stress that it's not my decision alone on who stays and who goes. I got people to voice their opinions first. If you got kicked out, it's because a lot of other members believe you didn't belong or had you on the fence.

But that doesn't mean you can't get back in. If you can convince everybody you deserve it, I'll resend you an invite.

And Today, I don't believe members have to main Snake either, but they have to know him enough and have invested enough time in him to know what they're talking about. Hell, SuSa got into the Bowser back room, and I'm fairly sure he didn't main Bowser.

etecoon

Smash Hero
susa mained random lol

that's half the reason he came up with so much new **** faster than anyone else, he copied a lot of what other characters were doing commonly and applied it to snake

I miss susa D:

etecoon

Smash Hero
dude, I posted a pic of you stabbing a velociraptor in the face, IN THE FACE. how can you not appreciate that

Turazrok

Smash Master
dude, I posted a pic of you stabbing a velociraptor in the face, IN THE FACE. how can you not appreciate that
Back when I first got into the smash scene... everyone called me turok.. and it annoyed me. Turok was some dinosaur hunter, but Turaz is a chocolate milk coma inducing inspired name. NOT a dinosaur hunter. Yet people kept pointing it out. Now I'm wiki.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Underload saved me an explanation.

Again, I'd like to stress that it's not my decision alone on who stays and who goes. I got people to voice their opinions first. If you got kicked out, it's because a lot of other members believe you didn't belong or had you on the fence.

But that doesn't mean you can't get back in. If you can convince everybody you deserve it, I'll resend you an invite.

And Today, I don't believe members have to main Snake either, but they have to know him enough and have invested enough time in him to know what they're talking about. Hell, SuSa got into the Bowser back room, and I'm fairly sure he didn't main Bowser.
I got into the bowser back room ;/ Its not hard to get into there haha

ErikG

Smash Ace
This is why I'm glad I didn't bother attempting to get into the Snake BRoom. I knew I wouldn't be able to contribute much.

Except for like the Pikachu match up.

frayike

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I know this isn't much but I feel like I have gotten better in like the few days I have been posting on here. I mean I have also been playing wifi since I started posting( A lot of wifi ) but I feel like you guys have helped as well. I punish rollers like crazy now haha it's so funny, but today I did it in real life. jab to ftilt ( first hit , oppenent blocked both but couldn't punish do to spacing) I do a fsmash behind me just as he rolls and well the rest was magic haha. I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have helped me so far. I still got a long way to go( working on DI in all of it's forms) but I'll get there. ^_^

Top Bottom