• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

frayike

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I am not new to smashboards but i felt it was time I got active in all of this crazyness. My current brawl tag is Ignis and I am too lazy to go through all the junk in SWF to look on how to get a name change. I have recently wanted to get better at brawl after, not to long ago, abandoning it. Still got a ways to go till I get better but I am tired of being a noob. Being in Nor Cal doesn't help that matter. Anyways just introducing myself.

frayike

Smash Cadet
Would wifi be a good way to get better or will it just make me trash in real life? I do go to tournies but nor cal doesn't offer a whole lot. Just wonderin. And what is any of your opinions on the Marth v. Snake match-up? I find it one of my hardest match-ups.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Would wifi be a good way to get better or will it just make me trash in real life? I do go to tournies but nor cal doesn't offer a whole lot. Just wonderin. And what is any of your opinions on the Marth v. Snake match-up? I find it one of my hardest match-ups.
Wifi is good. Dabuz ( a mainly wifi olimar) beat Shadow( respectable offline MK) 6-2 recently. 6 in a row that is

Underload

Lazy
All @Ignis: I've heard that NorCal has a decent amount of tournies, actually. Are you in touch with the scene, or do you kinda just go to what you catch wind about?

As for Marth vs. Snake, it's a pretty difficult matchup unless you have experience. You're going to have to focus on a lot of defensive play, short-tossed grenades, retreating C4, and the like. Marth beats you up close, so you kinda have to bring the momentum to yourself by staying back and using projectiles and stuff as a defensive measure (like I said before). Just feel it out in some friendlies and see what comes naturally. Read some of this thread if you want some more specific information from some more knowledgeable people.

I like practicing on wifi, honestly. I prefer it to the M2K / Jem approach of setting up situations against CPUs / blanks in Practice mode. Just be aware of the changes between offline and wifi play. Things like the increased lag forcing people to slow their button inputs down, etc.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Wow, there's a lot of new threads huh. Haha, an Allly Q and A thread - that's pretty neat. Finally a main critique thread, vid thread, contacts, and everything. Need to get back into this. I kinda miss Barwl. Well, gotta get back to Beta-Oxidation :(

Limeee

Smash Champion
playing against scrubby marths is easy, just mindgame them into a mistake.

a good marth is a different story, and the match up can be very different as lots of marths have completely different playstyles

frayike

Smash Cadet
Underload, I have only really been to one tourny place so i guess i should broaden my horizens(I have been to 6 of thier tournies though). Where should I go to find people to wifi? AIB? Jujutsitide, Scrub marths are not my worry but of course you know that. Its those stupid juggling marths i am worried about. Good thing snake has b-reversals. Zajice, why the hell is his forehead so big!?!

You should find people by starting a tourney or maybe going to other tourneys. Wi-fi is okay. Maybe you can tell them to meet you face to face.

frayike said:
Main: Snake (Who else do I honestly need?)
Use MK if you will rage quit Snake. Lol

I still use Snake btw.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I rage quit Snake for Falcon which brings me to this, everyone if I could have your attention this will take only a couple of seconds of your life.

I urge you to watch 2:10-2:25 of this video of me playing (a very high) Falcon. You'll definitely want to see this.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Falco has got to be the most boring character for me, to play as. MK I do like, but he's not as fun for me as playing Captain Falcon. My MK is also very bad for some reason, like I don't do that much better than if I was Snake.

Even though I'm probably going to get ***** just as hard or harder for using Falcon, especially playing Falcon the way I do (trying to play melee falcon in brawl, which works for me sometimes, just like in that vid I posted) It's the only time I'm enjoying playing Brawl anymore.

Falcon is fun but will you use him competitively?

I also use Falcon and Ganondorf but not in competitive brawl.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Idk if you guys have seen that vid I posted, but I was VERY
HIGH
during that set of pools. When I did that 6 Uair chain, I laughed sooooooooooooo hard. Everyone in the venue laughed at my laughing, and people came over to see wtf was going on. Then they saw the next match where I just gentleman him in place 5 times in succession, then I laughed really hard again. Then I end up winning the set. I probably never demoralized someone so bad before, I kind of felt like a
d
ic
k
for laughing. But I was
HIGH
so it's ok.

frayike

Smash Cadet
haha nice man just nice. Hey guys I put some vids of myself on the critique thread if you wanted to take a look at how long I got to go. You can give me advice or tear me a new one. Whatever floats your boat

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
I rage quit Snake for Falcon which brings me to this, everyone if I could have your attention this will take only a couple of seconds of your life.

I urge you to watch 2:10-2:25 of this video of me playing (a very high) Falcon. You'll definitely want to see this.
Good Falcon btw but even I could play a better GaW than that lol. That GaW was really inexperienced.

Turazrok

Smash Master
haha I think D-air is spammed more than b-air. well maybe by noob G&Ws but still.
How to play against GnW. By Turaz.

This is assuming he's at a % disadvantage, which he should be.
Is he above you? Yes- he's going to dair., Shieldrop nade.
No- then he's on your horizontal axis... APPROACHING BAIR. USE SHIELDROP NADE TO GET THROUGH.

Pretty simple.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Is it just GnW you have a problem with? I can really help. I live by Anthony/Infern and play as GnW so I can tell you what he does against me when we do play. I play both characters so it's pretty easier. Honestly, though. GnW is really light so he dies early while Snake not so much. Just be campy he has to approach and it sucks. Snake destroys GnW. Camp, camp, wait until he approaches. And yeah. If he's going to bair or expect a bair have a grenade on hand. And tilts. He's going to approach with bair most of the time. Depending on whom you play they'll mix it up, though. X: I'll watch the video.
Edit: Snake was one of the reason why I originally wanted Snake as a secondary. I would have rather ditto than to have gone ahead and play GnW vs. Snake.

Top Bottom