• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I've felt this way for a long time, I mean, not to the extent that GAW was, snake will always be *good*, but he's sooooo overrated and it seems like people really have NO idea how bad his options are in so many situations.

I've also decided that I hate playing meta knight lately though so maybe I just need to stop playing brawl :/
I feel like you're overexagurating a little bit, Snake does suck in the air but he isnt that limited because of his cypher, explosives, b-reverse, airdodge, and fast falling speed. He can land better than more characters than you think.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright guys. Sorry about my inactivity lately. I had a bunch of drama in past week with Morgan. No matter it is over =D

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I sort of want to quit snake right now. I feel like, he's so limited and that eventually he's just gonna be such an average character. Sort of how GnW was from the start of brawl to now.
Sigh~* ;..;

But yeah, sorry you feel that way, Nappy! After awhile I felt that way with Game and Watch. But I just take breaks and play him again and it's really fun. I suggest you do the same. I also picked up another main I guess. Or another character to work well on for tournaments and such. And that's helped a lot with my GnW predicament. I'll play my new character that I'm working on and play GnW when I need to. And it just works out so well. I'm enjoying working on my new character to make him better and still playing GnW on the side. XP So maybe you should find a character you can work on with a bit. Sometimes it's hard for people to dual main, but if you have the capacity to do it I suggest doing so~!

Turazrok

Smash Master
yea, it's still a little harsh to say you should ignore someone though. berk is funny, just have to take his posts with a grain of salt because of his inexperience
This whole board is 09er's for the most part. I apologized, I resumed playing borderlands.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Sigh~* ;..;

But yeah, sorry you feel that way, Nappy! After awhile I felt that way with Game and Watch. But I just take breaks and play him again and it's really fun. I suggest you do the same. I also picked up another main I guess. Or another character to work well on for tournaments and such. And that's helped a lot with my GnW predicament. I'll play my new character that I'm working on and play GnW when I need to. And it just works out so well. I'm enjoying working on my new character to make him better and still playing GnW on the side. XP So maybe you should find a character you can work on with a bit. Sometimes it's hard for people to dual main, but if you have the capacity to do it I suggest doing so~!
I plan on going all diddy with a side of mk at whatever my next tournament is going to be. Ran iji did the same thing and told me about how it really worked wonders for him. I usually play snake with a side of diddy/mk at tournaments, but I think I'll be done with that for a little while and come back. Who knows.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wow guys. Snake is really good still. Its you who are doing ****ty.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Idk, at times, when I get shut down, it's like wow, what the ****, why do I even play Snake. Then I remember he's really ******. And I go back to the drawing board, and remember my matches and see what I could have done differently, and usually, I find something, or I watched a video of someone else who got into a similar situation and got out. Snake is an amazing character, he's in our hands. People put a lot of effort into making us worse, and it sucks when you get *****, but suck it up and figure out what to change. I'm not going to say Ally does it, because he seems to do a whole bunch of ****. But the various other high level snakes do it, so can you.

But yeah, playing other characters, and taking breaks can be really helpful and nice too.

etecoon

Smash Hero

I feel like you're overexagurating a little bit, Snake does suck in the air but he isnt that limited because of his cypher, explosives, b-reverse, airdodge, and fast falling speed. He can land better than more characters than you think.
it's not only his air options, he's just predictable all over the place or in many cases can be completely shut down without thinking(his ledge options are horrendous). that might not seem that bad because you just say "cypher high and avoid the ledge", but this makes you one dimensional and makes juggling you easier if the other player only has to worry about you doing that, they can leave the ledge open to you entirely because if you go there you're putting yourself in an even worse trap. I'm also amazed at how much you see snake players getting away with shield camping when he can't even jump out of it safely. same thing goes for snake holding a grenade, especially as an item, he can't really protect himself at all in that situation and relies on the other player running into grenade hurtboxes for safety.

Wow guys. Snake is really good still. Its you who are doing ****ty.
I think snake isn't that good more from the perspective of someone who plays other characters, especially MK and marth. granted, I do agree with you that snake is really good, but I also think that there is no way in hell he's the second best character.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
In one of Overswarm's MK ban threads, he said that Snake's tourney results are inflated because MK takes out all the people that beat Snake early. So if MK is banned, Snake's results will drop and he'd go lower. He wouldn't go that low though. He still *****.

etecoon

Smash Hero
there's some truth to that but MK himself is a disadvantageous matchup for snake, really snake just overperforms because he's a very popular character that a lot of really good players like. characters like diddy and ice climbers have the potential to be so much more broken than him but like no one plays them.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I'm not having any major problems with my Snake, it's just that I find I enjoy playing as Marth a little more.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I feel like Snake is only overrated when people say all he needs to do is ftilt to win. It takes more than that, especially since we suck in the air. I still find it a bit fun to use Snake. Messing with c4 stickies is always fun, even if it's not really viable in tourney play.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
<3 Snakes still

I've been gone because the music is keeping me busy

Who wants to see footage from some of my live shows?

@DS, I wore the headband at the show I played tonight

etecoon

Smash Hero
I had fun with it. You can too =D
still think the MU is stupid but I did realize that you're probably right, only playing the best character for the MU advantages if you don't really enjoy it only really makes sense if you are EXTREMELY good and play the game for money. I still wouldn't play a bad character because that would be way too frustrating, but if I like others like snake or marth more I should use them more

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
You guys need to stop hating on OS lol
Agreed with this!

@Nappy, Good luck then! I think that's an okay idea. It's kind of harder when you play a character that's better than your main. MK>Snake. Because you might like MK so much you will drop Snake.. D: People have done that..

But yeah! I use to really like Snake, but I just kind of gotten bored of him. ): But I mean, Duelist is still super duper fun! O: I think grenades and all those missiles and whatnot are fun~!

we have a studio date booked for late march

I missed you guys (and girls)

How is everybody?
Yeah! O: Girls is remembered this time! But I'm well, thank yew! How are you~?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Agreed with this!

@Nappy, Good luck then! I think that's an okay idea. It's kind of harder when you play a character that's better than your main. MK>Snake. Because you might like MK so much you will drop Snake.. D: People have done that..

But yeah! I use to really like Snake, but I just kind of gotten bored of him. ): But I mean, Duelist is still super duper fun! O: I think grenades and all those missiles and whatnot are fun~!

Yeah! O: Girls is remembered this time! But I'm well, thank yew! How are you~?
I'll probably be doing like 80% diddy and the ONLY time I'll use mk is on janky cp's. This is how I've always done things, if people are ***s and try to gay me on a stupid stage when I win 1st round you know what I do? Go mk. How are theysupposed to cp me back? mk ditto? lawl. What if they're a 1 main person and now they're at a disadvantage because they tried to get a win from a gay stage. OH METAKNIGHT
Indeed, hating on OS is awesomefuntime.
THIS^

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
<3 Snakes still

I've been gone because the music is keeping me busy

Who wants to see footage from some of my live shows?

@DS, I wore the headband at the show I played tonight
YES! That makes me very happy haha. Definitely wanna see pics.

You haters! :p

Also, 1 vid of me vs ChewThat Coming soon
I hate kirby so much. I don't know why I have such a hard time against them. Bairs are so annoying, esp WoP.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I'll probably be doing like 80% diddy and the ONLY time I'll use mk is on janky cp's. This is how I've always done things, if people are ***s and try to gay me on a stupid stage when I win 1st round you know what I do? Go mk. How are theysupposed to cp me back? mk ditto? lawl. What if they're a 1 main person and now they're at a disadvantage because they tried to get a win from a gay stage. OH METAKNIGHT

THIS^
Lol! Mk certainly is something else... I've seen people do that. When they are counterpicked somewhere that's bad for their character they go MK. XP And.. win the tournament.. lol..

Top Bottom