• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Lol! Mk certainly is something else... I've seen people do that. When they are counterpicked somewhere that's bad for their character they go MK. XP And.. win the tournament.. lol..
In my opinion, my favorite counterpick stage against Meta Knight is Rainbow Cruise. Snake on Rainbow Cruise is like Snake vs Olimar. It's extremely difficult to get into Snake's defences on Rainbow Cruise if done right. However, the draw back is that we get ***** otherwise once offstage. Just like how it's hard for us to get inside olimar, but once we do we can juggle him until he loses his stock offstage.

It's extremely entertaining to lose 2 stocks on FD against a MK, but then go and 3 stock them on Rainbow Cruise.

The one stage I hate the most if Jungle Japes, even playing as falco xD

The only time I have ever really decided to CP as MK is against ledge campy people.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think the most recent video thread was made by syx and he was gone for a while so it probably got buried

if he doesn't want to/doesn't have the time to revive it I might make a new one...or two, I like the recent vids approach but I think there should be a place for classic vids too, at the very least previous video threads should be linked to in the OP

I think the most recent video thread was made by syx and he was gone for a while so it probably got buried

if he doesn't want to/doesn't have the time to revive it I might make a new one...or two, I like the recent vids approach but I think there should be a place for classic vids too, at the very least previous video threads should be linked to in the OP
Who even actually even looks at the video thread?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I did, it's a good way to find vids vs a certain matchup, good for learning matchups I say, I think it's important to have one around for references.

I did, it's a good way to find vids vs a certain matchup, good for learning matchups I say, I think it's important to have one around for references.
I don't exactly have time to watch dozens of 5 minute videos on something. Although, I have enough time to read dozens of posts for 5 minutes xD

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If we don't have a new one up in the following week I will do it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I got bored so I mapped some interesting uses of down thrown nades on weird stages, RC is fun

anything not thrown at an angle is easy to make up as you go along but it's good to know exactly how nades fly off of uneven ground, also something funny is throwing nades at the wall on the ship and then instant throwing them back over it

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I'd like a video thread. I like to at how each of our snakes play differently. Also, I use it to kill time while gaining something, like a little trick or something... but mostly for looking at how each of us plays. Also, it's really good for newcomers. I use the Samus vid thread all the time.

Awesome info etecoon :D!

Playing FF 4 and I'm in the final boss <3
Cecil is so much stronger than the rest of the cast that it's not funny -- well, at least in the SNES version. I like Edge and Rydia's Sylph glitch, even if it's kinda crappy.

Edit: In fact. I'm listening to the remix of Damcyan right now, haha.
Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ty97dA3is
Remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ldCINDHlI

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I got bored so I mapped some interesting uses of down thrown nades on weird stages, RC is fun

anything not thrown at an angle is easy to make up as you go along but it's good to know exactly how nades fly off of uneven ground, also something funny is throwing nades at the wall on the ship and then instant throwing them back over it
its interesting to look at RC fully zoomed out, but yea theres alot of fun curves to chuck nades off of this is why i love playing YI as snake.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
In my opinion, my favorite counterpick stage against Meta Knight is Rainbow Cruise. Snake on Rainbow Cruise is like Snake vs Olimar. It's extremely difficult to get into Snake's defences on Rainbow Cruise if done right. However, the draw back is that we get ***** otherwise once offstage. Just like how it's hard for us to get inside olimar, but once we do we can juggle him until he loses his stock offstage.

It's extremely entertaining to lose 2 stocks on FD against a MK, but then go and 3 stock them on Rainbow Cruise.

The one stage I hate the most if Jungle Japes, even playing as falco xD

The only time I have ever really decided to CP as MK is against ledge campy people.
I have seen a MK counterpick a Snake to RC and lost! So it was mm-azing.
Yeah, I think RC would be a nice Snake stage but not that many Snakes explore it..
I love RC~

etecoon

Smash Hero
RC isn't really that bad, I'd definitely rather play on RC than brinstar vs MK. don't think I'd CP it though, I know susa said he kept CPing DSF there back when he was around...

I do hate brinstar very much. The stage is just too small for my tastes. I am not exactly the best close range fighter and need to reset my spacing every so often. Brinstar doesn't enable to do that for me.

Do you guys use rainbow as a legit CP?

IMO, snake is wayyy too fat to use that stage
The reason it's a great snake Stage in my opinion is that it's full of platforms. If you ever stop to think about it, Snake is nearly invicible on platforms so long as the opponent is not on the same platform you are on.

Pull a grenade and hide in a shield, then move to the next platform, repeat. People just cannot attack you without suffering grenade damage. It's also enables multiple routes of escape that makes following you difficult. And when people are follow you, that gives you the advantage to counterstrike when they attempt to attack you. So long as you play defensively on that stage with the platforms, there shouldn't be any reason why you aren't winning.

Even Hylian has mentioned a few times how Snake on platforms against the ICs is extremely difficult to attack.

Again, the downside is if you start getting juggled and followed offstage. That is problomatic.

At first i was like what an *******, but then i was like <3.

lolol, it is outdated in some ways, but the key idea is still there, force the odd approaches and punish harder with the way the stage works.
Yep yep. The other nice feature it has against MK than any other stage is that tornado is actually more risky to use. With nades on every platform MK risks blowing up, and also risks getting a bad KO due to missing the platform to recover on.

Cecil is so much stronger than the rest of the cast that it's not funny -- well, at least in the SNES version. I like Edge and Rydia's Sylph glitch, even if it's kinda crappy.

Edit: In fact. I'm listening to the remix of Damcyan right now, haha.
Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ty97dA3is
Remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ldCINDHlI
Ehhh, I got owned by zemus I mean zeromus cause of the low battery I had :p

Sooo before I battle him, I've got to find the red tail then sell it to a store man then I get the onion sowrd O_O!

Oh by the way, my whyt can damage 6510 and it always does the work for me :)

Oh btw: You have bahaumut?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Ehhh, I got owned by zemus I mean zeromus cause of the low battery I had :p

Sooo before I battle him, I've got to find the red tail then sell it to a store man then I get the onion sowrd O_O!

Oh by the way, my whyt can damage 6510 and it always does the work for me :)

Oh btw: You have bahaumut?
I was able to get everything except the weapons and armor require to get the pink tail from pink puff. I'm assuming red tail is the name of the tail in your version (DS?). If you're playing FF4 for the DS I'm jealous. I love the The Battle with Four Fiends theme.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I didn't know it was closed, just thought it was abandoned...me and sinz volunteered to make a new one, he can have it if he wants

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah I can probably do one. Just not this week or the next. Hence my earlier post.
Suggestions on format?

Character->players?
Players->Characters?

EX

Allie
Snake vs CF
Snake vs CF
Snake vs CF
Snake vs CF
Snake vs DK
Snake vs DK
Snake vs DK
Snake vs DK
etc....

or
ROB
Allie vs Holliedream
Allie vs Holliedream
lamest razor(gillette) vs GOGO

etecoon

Smash Hero
character > player > date IMO

ex

snake(ditto)

so anal vs bisquick 1/13/10

so anal vs bisquick 11/23/09

etc.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
ha, howd that last stock work with chu having the higher port. Happened to me b4 too
That happened because they were both above the blast line when the nade blew up. Port Priority won't save you because anything that hurts you will kill you when you are above the blast line. Hence why Snake's cypher can kill.

The case where only the lower port dies is because they blew up below the blast zone but high enough that the one with the lower port gets kocked off the top.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I stage spiked someone with the cypher to take their last stock in a wifi clan battle once, hilarious as ****

Top Bottom