• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

RATED

Smash Lord
I've played FF4,5,6,7,10,10-2,12. I couldn't play FF1 because I hate it when you have to name your own main character. Didn't have online for 11. Never found 8 or 9.

I disagree. The only one worth noting is FF10. I thought it did a lot of justice to the old series with plot and character development. FF12 was just stale and the characters didn't stand out to me. The only thing I like about FF12 was fighting the espers. I hope 13 doesn't suck.
I don't like FF that much , FF7 I played but the game IMO was boring , all the sephiroth "hype" meh, I just read the story and that's it. XD , I haven't played 8 sadly, FFone I didnt like it , final fantasy 3 I liked it, FF tactics war of lions PSP ( my fav FF game so far) and Final fantasy crisis core I liked so much Genesis as a character he's awesome. * thinks about loveless poem*

I prefer RPGs like Golden Sun ( waiting for Golden Sun DS), Advance wars, Fire emblem even though I consider they are kinda easy ( except the Wii one) and the one that takes marth as a char wasn't that good sadly.

PS: Infern angelis congrats on that Chudat win, u'll get Boss next time ! :bee:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Golden sun 1 was great.

Didn't give a **** about the second one :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
everything past FF9 is trash, not an opinion.
I'm just playing these games now, a little into FFX and I wouldn't say it's bad...main issues being bad dialogue/voice acting especially from yuna, blitzball is kind of stupid, I kept restarting to try and win the game but the other team just scores on their opening possession and proceeds to let me do nothing. but it's not like past FF games didn't ever have similar issues

And for anyone who played 11, the biggest time sink that you could ever experience lol.
worse than GMS maplestory? I spent like 3 months playing 10 hours a day to get to level 57/200 or something IIRC, and it only gets worse lmao

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm just playing these games now, a little into FFX and I wouldn't say it's bad...main issues being bad dialogue/voice acting especially from yuna, blitzball is kind of stupid, I kept restarting to try and win the game but the other team just scores on their opening possession and proceeds to let me do nothing. but it's not like past FF games didn't ever have similar issues

worse than GMS maplestory? I spent like 3 months playing 10 hours a day to get to level 57/200 or something IIRC, and it only gets worse lmao
I was #6 on GMS' Broa server in 2007ish, at level 156. I hack too much.

etecoon

Smash Hero
private servers are fun, I hate GMS now, PS' only last a few months usually though so I haven't bothered with the game in a long time at all

etecoon

Smash Hero
first 30 levels are the fastest, it's also dependent on your class. mages can level really fast early on, I was a warrior(spearman) which is basically "you suck until level 7x" :/

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Never played maple story. Golden Sun is awesome. I wanted to play GS2, but my I didn't have another GBA to transfer my stats over. I was ridiculously overleveled and had best equipment. The new Final Fantasy's focus too much on graphics and not enough on story. FFVII is overhyped. It was fun and pretty cool, but I think FF6 is better. Still better than the new FFs though. I still have no idea what FF12 was exactly about. Some evil crystal, some political sabotage or something? I have low hopes for FF13. Favorite RPG goes to either Tales of Phantasia or Chrono Trigger or FF6.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Never played maple story. Golden Sun is awesome. I wanted to play GS2, but my I didn't have another GBA to transfer my stats over. I was ridiculously overleveled and had best equipment. The new Final Fantasy's focus too much on graphics and not enough on story. FFVII is overhyped. It was fun and pretty cool, but I think FF6 is better. Still better than the new FFs though. I still have no idea what FF12 was exactly about. Some evil crystal, some political sabotage or something? I have low hopes for FF13. Favorite RPG goes to either Tales of Phantasia or Chrono Trigger or FF6.
FF6 period is my favorite game of all time.

Then FF 7, which is no way overhyped btw. The only way you could think it was overhyped is going into it with some dumb fanboys opinion and not agreeing with it, therefore thinking it sucks for some reason. Suikoden III is really good too. Like, really ****in good.

etecoon

Smash Hero
FFVII is a little overhyped but is also a very good game

I frequently see people say that it aged badly because it's character models look like lego people, I actually really like that <_< the primitive graphics/pre rendered backgrounds and general midi music give it kind of a charm, hard to explain but I like some older games like that BECAUSE they're unrealistic/primitive, it makes it more overt that it's someones creation, like as if you're running around in their imagination

or I may be insane

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Guys, if there is one tournament you go to this summer, it HAS to be this one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266420

Airship, hosted by M3D, in North Carolina on July 14-17. Sponsors are The Escapist and Monster among others (more in the works). This is going to have serious exposure, is 4 days long, has 5 tournaments (possibly more later), and a World Cup regional event that tests your region's strength at Brawl, Melee, AND 64 in one giant crew battle.

Its gonna be EPIC.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Guys, if there is one tournament you go to this summer, it HAS to be this one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266420

Airship, hosted by M3D, in North Carolina on July 14-17. Sponsors are The Escapist and Monster among others (more in the works). This is going to have serious exposure, is 4 days long, has 5 tournaments (possibly more later), and a World Cup regional event that tests your region's strength at Brawl, Melee, AND 64 in one giant crew battle.

Its gonna be EPIC.

Peter, we're doing this. We just are.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Wow that looks so amazing SP. I want to go...

Oh and hi Snakes~! Sorry I haven't been in here much, I'm still using Snake though. The Ness board has just been so ACTIVE lately.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

Its gonna be EPIC.
Funny thing is there is a VERY good chance that I can attend this. I applied to a summer research program at NC State, which if I get accepted I'll be in Raleigh when this is happening. So if I end up at NC State this summer I'll def try to go to it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
No one answered my question >.>

Suikoden is ****ing amazing, it's just so awesome for so many reasons. I only played 1 and 2 though.

That tournament, my god. I don't even know what to say.
you need to play 3 D: <
Suikoden is pretty ****. I only played 3,4 and 5 though. 3 and 5 being the best.
really? 5 is my least favorite out of all of them ._.

also, that tournament looks really cool SP. Maybe minnesota will find its way down there somehow

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I've heard good things about suikoden, but I usually don't starting a series unless I can start on the earlier ones, suikoden 1,2, or 3. My only problem with FF7 is the progression of the story. I don't remember much, but I remember I got lost and confused when Cloud went mental.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've always believed that FFVIII's plot was written impromptu with no revisions while they were all high out of their minds, it's the only explanation

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
That is a better explanation than those from ppl who think the FF staff actually knew what they were doing when they wrote the plot.

napZzz

Smash Hero
everytime I think of the FF8 plot all that comes to mind is the harry potter plot but with final fantasy bull**** mixed in.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I actually like the battle system in FFVIII, it's much less grindy than most FF games(you can overpower yourself very quickly), maintains some interest beyond just menu stuff a lot better...biggest thing is that the characters aren't that likeable to me for the most part and the plot is pretty WTF

HEY GUYS WE ALL GREW UP IN THE SAME ORPHANAGE

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I actually like the battle system in FFVIII, it's much less grindy than most FF games(you can overpower yourself very quickly), maintains some interest beyond just menu stuff a lot better...biggest thing is that the characters aren't that likeable to me for the most part and the plot is pretty WTF

HEY GUYS WE ALL GREW UP IN THE SAME ORPHANAGE
Theres a popular site that tries to explain the plot:

squallsdead.com

Top Bottom