• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I was bored so I started digging around for frame data of which moves we could punish with Fsmash.

Possible Moves to Fsmash
Bowser's Dash Attack: -42 frame advantage for him
Donkey Kong's Dash Attack: -42 frame advantage for him

Ganon's Utilt: Just hit him before hit happens.
Ganon's Warlock Punch: Just hit him before it happens.
Ike's Fsmash: The frame data for it's duration vs hitbox makes it seem like it is possible to PSed the hit and then fsmash Ike.
Ike's Dsmash: Same with Fsmash, but you have to PS the first hit.
Jiggs' Dsmash and Usmash: Frame data looks promising
Jiggs' Rest & Sing: *didn't have to look at frame data to know this would work*

*finished list up through lucas*
Just a thought, can you punish trips with f-smash? I would love to f-smsh a dedede tripping while chaingrabbing me.

-Ran

Smash Master
It's more like the easy wins are disappearing. Before a Snake user could 'Lawl Tilt punish' all day. Now people are actually power shielding and punishing as they should have been day one.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Snake is severely overrated in today's metagame. But that is neither here nor there.

Back to studying!

napZzz

Smash Hero
snakes potential nowadays is garbs.

You're better off using a character who doesn't suck like luigi or wolf.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I finally dropped Snake. :) :D :D :D :)

Get on the boat SUSA
But you have the flashiest Snake I've ever seen! Maybe too flashy. As in it might get in the way of your game at times, but flashy is still flashy **** it!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I didn't give up Snake, but I picked up Diddy and now have 3 mains.

Hooray, indecisiveness.
Dude, your snake is your best by far. And your diddy wasn't really that bad... I just have a ton of Diddy experience :laugh:

Those were some good matches.

FFFFFFF UUUUUUU UNDERLOAD!!!! You didn't come :(

-Ran

Smash Master
My current status:

Main -> Snake.
Secondary -> Marth. Nothing sexier to me than a great Marth. I hope to get there soon.
Tentative -> Meta Knight. I might actually focus on him for a week or two.
Long shot -> King Dedede or Falco for easy match up converge.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Ran plays the same characters as me just ranked different rofl, basically same usage of DDD/Falco though(rare, not very well practiced but they effortlessly shut some characters down so why the **** not).

Then again I have a passing interest in like 10 other characters so I guess that shouldn't surprise me, still the same top 3 though.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
Is Falco a compliment to Snake? I mean I hate D3's chaingrab as much as the next guy but I've really considered MK for the D3 match and even Snake dittos. (>_> TwentyTwo ***** my snake in dittos.)

Nic64

Smash Lord
Falco is great because he beats D3, at one point he was considered by most here to be the ideal Snake secondary, not sure if people still say that. Not like I need him(or Snake for that matter), MK beats everyone, but that'd be pretty boring.

napZzz

Smash Hero
<3

I'm not sure if you're serious or you're doing the crazy trolling thing again.

And lol at everyone giving up Snake.
troll

I gave him up in singles for the most part, I Pplay diddy in singles now and luigi vs. scrubs lol. Luigi is the funnest character in this game when you aren't getting ***** by one of his top tier matchups or a good player.

Snake is still my dubs character, I love doing the snake+pit team. Its team harass you with annoying projectiles xD

eternal yoshi, that grab range in mgs3 was so unfair. LOL. 90% of my kills came from that broken cqc slam that grabs them with uber ftilt range then a headshot while they were out :p

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Suuuuuuup!?
Not much, I overslept and missed my english class today >.>

My current status:

Main -> Snake.
Secondary -> Marth. Nothing sexier to me than a great Marth. I hope to get there soon.
Tentative -> Meta Knight. I might actually focus on him for a week or two.
Long shot -> King Dedede or Falco for easy match up converge.
lol, this is pretty similar to me too. Except I pretty much play Falco, D3, and Marth pretty equally and MK is the long shot rare play.

Wait. If people are punishing tilts more, then we should grab moar.
If only he had the grab range he had in MGS3.... LOL.
His pivot grab is a good start lol.

gallax

Smash Hero
yo guys. i consider myself a descent enough snake. but mostly, im a campy snake. its not uncommon for me to use 60+ grenades per match. and i think that because of this i have lost sight of how to effectively use mortars to camp and to force an opponent into an airdodge or shield. im always using grenades. (now i mortar slide and can do stuff with that. im talking about standing there or not mortar sliding and using a mortar for a purpose)

it wasnt until like two weeks ago that i started trying to forcing an airdodge or shield or prevent my opponent from approaching using mortars. but im having some problems using them at the correct time. now the more i do it the better im gonna get but i wouldnt mind some help in terms of when you guys usually try use mortars or some setups or camping tips with mortars.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Like any particular reason it's 65:35? Or you just don't like it, lol?

And for Gallax, mortars for edge guarding are pretty great, I find them particularly useful in Snake dittos though, because they just really force Snake to equalize with bair or airdodge them, and that put's you in a position to uair, and really it's ****. I can't say I can think of anything specific about the mortar that you didn't already say, oh and they can be useful against grabby enemies.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I play a good lucario alot and I feel its more of a 55/45 even mu depending on the stage. Its just that if the lucario slips up its really really bad compared to the other way. I have trouble killing cario when he's spacing correctly, thats the main issue. Maybe thats just me though. He's pretty good at juggling snake, but then again who isn't -.-

-Ran

Smash Master
Match up vs Lucario is 60:40, Snake's favor in my opinion from playing a ton of Lucarios and Lee Martin. Snake can out camp Lucario and kill Lucario before he can become too strong. Though Lucario has a strong combo game against Snake, it isn't going to net him Kills. His main killers are pretty telegraphed.

Top Bottom