• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
you know marronator? he showed up at our last tournament. I think I remember he said he used to live in colorado so I guess it makes sense.I beat him in a game of melee lol I was the first person he played xD he probably wasn't warmed up/was sandbagging cuz I suck

he got 3 stocked by our best player in brawl tho and I go even with that guy so I doubt he's gonna beat me :p
Marronator threw a giant sexy blowout going away smashfest here in CO.

He's a pretty cool guy.

I would think that The End would suck against air camping, and thus wario/MK are going to be bad MUs.
The End would snipe you right out of the air before you could get any closer. His projectiles eat right through airdodges and you cannot shield them either. Same with stun grenades. Only thing you can do is just plank him to death.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys seem to forget that stalling is The End's main weakness. Since stalling long enough makes him die without even hitting him.

And we all know how easy it is to stall in Brawl.

-Ran

Smash Master
Hm. What's the longest you've manage to tech chase someone with Snake that wasn't a random Ike scrub at a tournament? [at which point, I zero'ed to death one, and it wasn't even on a platform.]

Average -> 40% damage.
Platform assisted -> 0 to death vs one of my practice partners who I won't mention. =p
Without a platform -> 0 to 50%, I had my opponent at the edge of the map, and I read roll through my character with a F-Smash. WIN. =D

napZzz

Smash Hero
I think I managed to get about 6 re grabs once on this charizard. Only cuz we were talking and I pointed out he has on obvious pattern cuz I kept getting 2-3 on him and he tried doing the neutral stand up like non stop to fake me out lmao but I went until I ****ed up and he rolled left or something xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Here's some tips for the RBY metagame:

Use Alakazam, Tauros, Gengar/Starmie, Chansey/Rhydon/Golem, Zapdos, and if you get hit by critical hits 3-4 times in a row, remember that's how RBY rolls B****.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why are Raichu and Persian OU in RBY?

GSC 4life. :)

I'm using a different General Specific pic for my avatar now. Can't decide on one yet so it will change often.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Persian was OU in RBY because of many reasons. One was Speed/Critical hit ratio (Critical Hit Ratio was tied in with Speed, so Faster Pokemon also had better chances of getting critical hits.) Another was that it had an acceptably diverse movepool/attacking stats to back it up. STAB Slash, STAB Hyper Beam also helped it out when it needed to Clean up weakened pokemon.

Raichu to my knowledge is not OU.

Also, as much as I like stalling, GSC was usually overkill when it came to stallfests. Like seriously, I'm glad to not have a metagame revolve around freakin Stall, especially when it comes to pokemon.

Underload

Lazy
Yeah, I play D/P/Pt/HG/SS, it has the biggest community, most variety of potential characters, and is the newest in the series.

Doesn't sound like a certain other game I play at all.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
LOL. I liked stalling my foes in the Prime cup in PS2 with Safeguard/Recover/leftovers/etc. with ubers and such. It's kinda funny to me. Go Lugia.

My mistake. I forgot that speed influences CH ratios in RBY.

Also, my failed attenpt to make Yoshi's eggs grenades.

Pallette is too limited.
Grenade Pallete: 256
Egg Pallette: 16
WTF Sakurai?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Honestly, Aside from Psychic dominating the hell out of RBY, I think Alakazam might not have been so ******** if his personal CH ratio wasn't like 1/3 or 2/5 or something ******** lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Also, as much as I like stalling, GSC was usually overkill when it came to stallfests. Like seriously, I'm glad to not have a metagame revolve around freakin Stall, especially when it comes to pokemon.
Haha, and here I thought you'd be a stall team kinda Trainer, DMG.

napZzz

Smash Hero
stall in pokemon isn't even that bad.

If anything its the offensive threats that scare me. **** you gyarados!

Breloom is the only thing I really hate because it can stall and be an offensive ******. <_<

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Susa thinks that he can threaten me. He has no power over me.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The Snake/MK KO combo is too good. It's like a free KO every round Snake and MK are allowed to be near edge other.
If MK has port 4 it's like a 0-Death.

Also, I petition for SuSa to bring back his CC avatar, or better yet, use Amber from Darker than Black.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Here's some tips for the RBY metagame:

Use Alakazam, Tauros, Gengar/Starmie, Chansey/Rhydon/Golem, Zapdos, and if you get hit by critical hits 3-4 times in a row, remember that's how RBY rolls B****.
I was actually kidding with a friend and made that very team as my OU team. :laugh:

Here's my BL/UU team so far.

Vaporeon < Eevee fan. ^^;
Charizard
Nidoking
Jolteon < Awesome ****ing speed
Kangaskhan < Mini-Tauros
Mr. Mime < Mini-Alakazam

Nic64

Smash Lord
RBY, I still remember my team of six Mewtwo's from so long ago...I'm assuming he's banned?

I gravitate towards brokenness...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Mewtwo is uber/banned.

Also Nappy have you ever faced GSC stall done right? It's super annoying and drags out battles for ages. The fast paced hard hitting Metagame of DPPt is nothing compared to how hard it was to crack stall in GSC. In DPPt, you can at least attempt to slow down the other team or set up a threat of your own, but in GSC there aren't any powerful items to crack stall, and there aren't any Hard Hitting Mixed Attackers either, so if you have a physical attacker, say hello to Skarmory, Special say hello to Blissey. Those two pokemon alone can wall almost the entire metagame.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I know nothing outside DPPt haha. I should've been more specific in mentioning what pokemon game I was talking about.

I've always kinda wanted to go get one of the older pokemon games and get some of my friends to play it competitively with me tho. It would be fun.

If MK has port 4 it's like a 0-Death.

Also, I petition for SuSa to bring back his CC avatar, or better yet, use Amber from Darker than Black.

I love darker than black! <3<3<3<3<#

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
SuSa, Pokemon RBY is so easy.

Nic64, Species clause bans you from using more than one of the same Pokemon. But Mewtwo is Uber anyway, so it doesn't matter, since he's banned.

Learn DPPt.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure you can play pokemon on an emulator and even wifi battle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
SuSa, My DS broke. I don't play on DS anymore anyways. I play on Shoddy: http://shoddybattle.com/
Takes all the trouble out of training Pokemon, and other players can't hack to win. I only play because of the strategy behind it anyhow.

EDIT: My new Avatar is sexy. Brelooom <3
I have to Grape-Drink-ify it somehow. I'll probably get around to doing it tomorrow....Maybe.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm even MORE thrilled because now I know about the Mew Glitch.

I always did want Mew....

And now I don't think (since I have R+B+Y) that there are any Pokemon I CAN'T catch.

If there is, **** the creators of the game for making it impossible to CATCH 'EM ALL!

Top Bottom