• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lolololololololololololol i'm pretty sure it wasn't a joke Underload.
it was a suggestion.

lololololololololololololololololololololollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllololololololol

Underload

Lazy
Because SuSa infracts for stupid things.

Also, Snake vs. D3 45:55 in D3's favor. Unless you camp reeeeeeeeeeally hard. Just my two cents, I may be mislead by past experience or some crap like that.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Nade grab is the way to go. Slow cooking is good, Just sure to have a nade out at all times. Nade drop -> upsmash is also great.

:D

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
scream in their face when they chain grab you.
like MikeHAZE. :D

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Boards have been slow lately. In other news, Xyro is a lot better than I thought. Crazy *** double zair kills.
Im the best Samus on earth. Why did you set the bar that low? But in any case, thank you fo tht comment. that means alot

Underload

Lazy
I really think that Dedede is the most stage-dependent character in the game. On some stages he can just bust a nut in Snake's face, but on others he's left kinda helpless if Snake plays well. Being good at counterpicking and CPing a stage where D3's chaingrab is nonexistent / diluted will help out tons, since it's really Dedede's grab game that messes Snake up.

Step 1: Ban Delfino
Step 2: Strike FD
Step 3: Find what Dedede CPs work best for you. (Norfair, Brinstar, Lylat?, Frigate?)

Maybe watch some Ally videos from Apex? I can recall watching videos of him massacring at least 3 Dededes.

Iunno, I'm an uneducated Snake player anyways, I live in Colorado FFS. Don't trust my opinion dammit

Also, lol Xyro name searching? Mad legit Samus, but lay off the fake combo videos, okay?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Noooooo. He's too good for brawl now.

Where has SuSa been? He hasn't been on any today. That's odd. o.O
is it really necessary to use me as examples of some crap. i want to take a break for irl **** anyways, things are so **** repetitive these days

as for ddd vs snake... you better know how to cook the nades at the right spots, and the best times to attack is when they're in the air or u powershield his f-tilt for damage, and rapid jab if their dodges get predictable

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Im the best Samus on earth. Why did you set the bar that low? But in any case, thank you fo tht comment. that means alot
Haha, I didn't set the bar low. I knew you were the best samus around, but when I saw you on live stream, it was a whole 'nother level. Seeing youtube vids and you ****** people on live stream is a whole different thing. Samus is one of my secondaries and I would never think zair>spike. In the match I saw, you pulled it off twice!

Underload

Lazy
Dr. Leafybug-dude, I love you so so so so so much for finding that textures.

Also, anyone here getting Tatsunoko vs. Capcom after it comes out in America?

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I actually think FD is one of the better stages for Snake vs. DDD. No platforms to aid his aerial game, and there is only one way for him to get back to the stage if you send him off, and Snake is made to edgeguard DDD, with mortars, c4 a little away from the edge, and edge hugging, there is no where for him to go. The scary part of course is when you're landing, and that he can CG you back and forth, but in terms of neutrals, there really isn't a place where he can't do this.

TheZenithofBane

Smash Rookie
Yo Snake Board, I just joined smashboards even though I have lurked a long time.

I'd like to suggest a grenade placement technique that I have seen rarely. As we know if you jump in the air with a shield dropped grenade and press z it falls, but if you do this at the right time while short hopping under a platform such as those on BF you will place the grenade up on the platform and the opponent will not be able to see it as Snake's body will block its view.

As I said, I know it's nothing new but I've rarely ever seen this done, so I thought I'd give my two cents.
thanks

I actually think FD is one of the better stages for Snake vs. DDD. No platforms to aid his aerial game, and there is only one way for him to get back to the stage if you send him off, and Snake is made to edgeguard DDD, with mortars, c4 a little away from the edge, and edge hugging, there is no where for him to go. The scary part of course is when you're landing, and that he can CG you back and forth, but in terms of neutrals, there really isn't a place where he can't do this.
I prefer Smashville simply for the sake of that lone platform. The platform can work wonders as it provides another option to your landing. Plus, if you land on the platform, you can easily stall/camp on it avoiding damage till it brings you across the stage enough that you can fall through and continue battling from the main part of the stage. Plus, it limits CG percent gains. DDD can Dthrow x4 + regrab across FD, vs Dthrow x3 + regrab across Smashville. Which isn't much when you consider that Dthrow would be stalled to like 5-6% at times. Oh well. It's something.

It just seems like for neutral match-ups requires neutrals to play on.

they can grab you before you grab them with the nade grab.
Not if you do this:

As DDD sees you coming with a grenade in hand, they know they cannot harm you with an attack for fear of taking an explosive hit. The fat penguin wants to harm you though for all the times you killed is little minions. The only option left to him: A grab.

You foresee this option though and know he will grab you before you can grab him! What can you do?! You decide the only way out of this difficult challenge is to trick him.

DDD goes in for the grab, but grabs at thin air. Snake no longer stand before the King of penguins. In the Ekans-less spot resides a lone grenade. The king fears for his life and just stands there paralyzed in fear!

You decided the only way to avoid the grenade was to forego the grenade and roll behind DDD. But you wonder will the ruse work. What luck! The advisary fell for your trick. You decide to take advantage of the situation and RPG the ***** to kingdom come.

The next thing DDD wakes up to his him floating in the air wondering what the heck happened.

The End!

This is my script for the next Machinima. Planned to come out in 12-21-12

RATED

Smash Lord
lol I don't think I have posted in the social thread of snake boards so I would like to say HI!

I am going to introduce myself :

HI! I am from Puerto Rico , I main Snake and 2nd DDD ( he was my main before).

Crud! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245462 ICs got a new desnych toy. And a rather good and improved one at that.

That's wikipedia. We all know that 100% of the stuff on there is pure nonsense :lick:

lol I don't think I have posted in the social thread of snake boards so I would like to say HI!

Hi :)

LOL too funny. I'm just following the advise of the Mayans XD
I wouldn't follow there advise. I mean if a mistake was made, no one is around to correct someone.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
According to McKenna:

* The universe evolves toward the lowest potential energy.[10]
* The end state of the universe is characterised by infinite interconnectedness.[11]
* The laws of physics will be obviated and the universe will disappear around 2012 AD.[12]
* That the consequences of these predictions will include the ability to re-materialise ("resurrect") objects that previously existed, immortality, psychokinesis, teleportation, and time travel.[13]"

I don't where you found this article, but it's hilarious. Physics all of a sudden disappearing? Resurrection, immortality, teleportation, and time travel will suddenly be possible because the earth revolved around the sun over 2012 times? If this happens, I think I'd have to cut my balls off and go bat**** insane. I wonder how people come up with this stuff...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

Dude, I played with a ton of guys from Peurto Rico at Genesis. Played friendlies with them for like the whole first night. I don't remember their names though :(

I played a ton of matches with a Diddy player, a DDD/Kirby player, a Shiek/ROB player, and then a few with a peach player and a fox player. You weren't at Genesis were you?

Top Bottom