• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen B. Kyon's Random Question Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's cliche, but The Beatles!

Get Back is my absolutely favorite song ever, and Love (a compilation album) is my favorite album.

I also recently got over a Coldplay phase. >.>

But otherwise below the Beatles I got Radiohead, Oren Lavie, The Go! Team, and Mondo Grosso.

hiROI

Smash Lord
The Go! Team
I LOVE the Go! Team. In 9th grade, me and a couple of friends were doing a Macbeth Project, and for the credits we chose the song 'Milk Crisis' :D

And to add to my favorite artists, I love/like/enjoy: South Korea's and Japan's Pop/Rock/Rap, Telepopmusik, Bat for Lashes, Bjork, Lykke Li, RuPaul, and especially Ivri Lider (a gay artist in Israel. Listen to this).

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Björk.

Long-time fan. Her music might not be the catchiest (man that **** is deep, yet very open to a wide variety of interpretations), but she definitely raises music to art status. And not soda can art, but the crazy kind that people never really appreciate until until the artist dies... except people love her, just not in this country (USA). There's so much going on in her music, with all the different elements being tied together like an orchestra, even if the instruments (or lack thereof) are obscure.

Having started out listening to her at the age when people decide what they like and not what's on the radio, I look at music differently. It made me listen to music as sounds, meaningless noises, that, when strung together made music. The vocals werent words I could understand, or if they were words, I couldnt understand them, and if I could understand them, I didnt understand what she meant. But none of it mattered because the music was complex, beautiful, and satisfying. Her music was just so full, so much so that when I listened to other music it was like listening to a child tap away at a colorful xylophone. It supplied a catchy beat, or a nice chorus that people could relate to, but it wasnt the auditory art that I was used to consuming. It was empty to me, another poorly-told story that I had heard before from someone else.

Even to this day, I have a hard time understanding people singing. I get lyrics wrong because it's never what I'm listening to. I'm always listening to the flow, not the words, not the meaning. I'm feeling how the sounds escape their mouths or ring through the air, I'm judging that, not how well-written the lyrics are or how much they apply to me and my situation. That feeling it gives me when someone sings something well, I feel it, it's in my chest, I feel the air, too. I feel my body tense up and release that tension, as if I'm singing along the powerful parts of the songs, even if they aren't words at all, even if you can't tell. I'm resonating with the rich, powerful parts of songs. Regular music is fun, but Björk is an experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BML2JAFUIaw - One of my all-time favorite songs. You really need to listen to the directly from headphones to really appreciate all of the movement, and from a good source, like the mp3 file, or from a CD (lolCD's)

Metatitan

Smash Master
I don't have a favorite artist. If it's a good song, a good voice (or good instruments) and it suits me, I'll listen to and enjoy it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
id say my favorite artist hands down is Lupe Fiasco.

I believe him to be the greatest rapper ive ever heard. His lyrics are insanely good, and its not dumb like the stuff on the radio. He's like if metaknight and SFII akuma combined into one being

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I have too many favorite artists/ bands.
Bands-
Rise Against (All of their music is formatted into 4 stanza poems)
Queen
Switchfoot
Creed
Mindless Self Indugence
Gorillaz

Solo Artists-
Alicia Keys
Billy Joel
Utada Hikaru

Composers-
Vince Guaraldi (Composer of the Peanuts/ Charlie Brown Music)
Jean Michel-Bernard
Scott Joplin
Nobuo Uematsu

Alright umm..

When I listen to Rise Against, it just makes me feel great. Their style is very creative, in how they put together their songs. Their lyrics are also very cleaver.

Lets say we listen to Paramore
(The truth of your lies) is a lyric. It sounds pretty cool, and could possibly make sence, but in all honestly, I find the lyric complete bull. It was just there to make the song sound cool.

BTW. I'm not hating on Paramore. I do like them as a band. I just thought that particular Lyric would be a good example.

Lets listen to Rise Against now.. From one of my personal favorite songs 'Behind Closed Doors'
"About the time we gave up hoping
We never find these locks still open
Stumbling on stones unturned
The hurt we feel we all have earned.."

That lyric is pointing back to Kennedy's assasination. One of the things he says in his speech is "No stone will go unturned." When they assasinated him, he never got to complete his dutys. So now because they killed him, we are "stumbling on stones unturned" and it is our/ their fault that this happned. We did it to ourself. "The hurt we feel we all have earned"

Super cleaver.

I love the Gorillaz purely for their creativity and origionality. It's beautiful. I can listen to their album all day.

I love Queen. I'm inspired by them musically and emotionally. Again, another band I could listen too, forever.

Switchfoot has different sounds. All which I love.

Creed. OMG HIS VOICE JUST PWNS. THEIR MUSIC MAKES ME FEEL SOO ALIVE.

Mindless self Indulgence. They're just really fun. Awesome band.

Alicia Keys, Billy Joel and Utada Hikaru. They all have something in common. They all play the Piano. I'm a pianist and have always been inspired by their music.

Vince Guaraldi's music was always something I was happy to listen too. I've learned some of his pieces and never get tired of playing them. Everyone else always asks me to play 'Linus and Lucy'. lol.. Mah favorite.

Jean Michel- Bernard is just one of the greatest contemporary jazz composers, EVER. Go and try to listen to Solitude. I plan on learning it soon.

Nobuo Uematsu is the composer of most of the Final Fantasy music. When I listen to his music, I hear Beauty.

That's about it... If I can think of more, I'll let you all know. :)

I have none.

Also just to throw in some annoyance on my part. Not having javascrip is so annoying. I now have to manually put in the html coding myself to get anything fancy on this site >_<

¿Qué?

Smash Champion

I have none.

Also just to throw in some annoyance on my part. Not having javascrip is so annoying. I now have to manually put in the html coding myself to get anything fancy on this site >_<
lol....

Use a more visable color next time.. XD!! I almost thought you just posted something blank.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hmmmmm.... I have to say Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, and Lady Gaga.
Taylor Swift: I usually don't like Country, but her songs are just sooo catchy. My favorite is you Belong With Me. Idk, Taylor Swift is just so awesome. Also she's hot :D
Lady Gaga: One of the most unique and talented stars out there. Her outfits amaze me, and I could listen to her songs all day. They get stuck in my head all the time. Fav song/performance= paparazzi.
Kelly Clarkson: First winner of American idol. Imo, one of the best vocally in the world. So many fantastic songs. My favorite is probably Already Gone.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Other than llodownedu's favorite artists I like alot of these!

Meno I love Radiohead!
I also like Bjork!

Hmmmm my favorite artists/bands would have to be.

Godspeedyou! Black Emperor
Radiohead
My Bloody Valentine
Charles Mingus
Massive Attack
Nas
Neutral Milk Hotel
John Coltrane
and maudlin of the Well.

But my favorite artist and why huh?

I'd have to say a tie between Godspeedyou! Black Emperor and Nas.

No other bands/rap artist have even came close to anything these two have done.

Godspeedyou! Black Emperor is a modern classical (post rock) band with no singing, just music for a good 22 minutes per song. EVERY song on EVERY album is perfect, each one of their albums have different themes (there are three) and just simply work.
If you can really really really look into them - they're album names are F#A# (Infinity), Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada, and Raise Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven, if your trying to figure out whether you like them or not I would suggest listening to Raise Your Skinny Fists first because its positive and upbeat unlike F#A# (Infinity) or Slow Riot, F#A# (Infinity) is an album about the end of the world while Slow Riot is about Rebellion.

AMAZING MUSIC - check it out.

Nas - Illmatic is the best rap album always will be.

No other artist has ever explained life in a album that well and never will.

Guys check out this blog I made on AiB - all my albums on my ipod see if we have any similar interests!

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=71425

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I enjoyed your 3 llod. It has been awhile since I see you.

What's your favorite kind of Juice and or water? Orange and pineapple juice mixed together is my favorite and im not very picky with water. But I know a lot that are.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i used to love pepsi but now I only really have water and diet drinks coz I was diagnosed w/ diabetes near the end of February. it's alright though coz i'm lookin sexier haha xD

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I like mango juice and pinapple juice. Also tomato juice.

For water, I love smart water. For some reason, I can taste a slight difference between smart water and like, deer park water, that makes smart water sooo much better.

And Kyon, I feel like I don't talk enough on SWF lol

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Apple Juice is my favourite (especially the pressed stuff) and I don't mind any kind of water as long as its clean lol

In other news, going back to the Toy Story 3 discussion, it came out in the UK today.
Oh my God, it was incredible. It was very funny indeed but rather heavy going at times...I found myself filling up at some scenes

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm trying to eliminate soda from my diet, so up at college I only drink water and various combinations from the juice bar. I think I'm gonna be switching over to diet anyway - how long does that take to get used to?

I really like peach juice, not even joking.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I drink water, but I just reuse the same Ice Mountain and refill it woth tap water.
And I also drink Arizona green tea with ginseng, the extra sweet one if it's available.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I drink water, but I just reuse the same Ice Mountain and refill it woth tap water.
And I also drink Arizona green tea with ginseng, the extra sweet one if it's available.
How can you not like tap water!? We have Lake Michigan water which is one of the freshest water sources in the US! You can't get any better than that. I love our tap water, lol.

My tastebuds are weird. I am particularly picky about water. It all tastes different depending upon the kind of it. Aquafina I do not like at all. Give me something like Mountain Spring.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I can't eliminate soda from my diet; I loves me a Dr. Pepper.

Juice is easily Guava Juice. So amazing. Water? I actually HATE all forms of bottled water that aren't flavored, I prefer tap or the water from our fridge.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i love orange juice...probably more than any other liquid on earth.

regular water is legit too. bottled water tastes funny, plus it seems dumb to pay for water when its free everywhere

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
OJ FTW (Not the simpson kind)
And Guava is a whole other world of amazing.
Brisk is goddly.
I'm not a huge fan of soda. But if it's there, I'll drink it.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I just remembered something! When I was in France, everywhere I went there was an option to put "syrup" in your water (or beer :p). They had every flavor imaginable, but my favorites were kiwi and peach. I was surprised by how many people had it; I would think that something so weird would only be found in a few places.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
This is a new thing.

Fill in the blanks. The blanks doesn't have to be one word. But it should be the first thing that pops into your head. Makes it more fun. It can be a few. I'd like 2 responses to this. One anything related and one Peach related.

I'm going to give you a piece of _______ with a spash of _______.

Nicole

Smash Champion
you should make it be the first thing that pops into people's minds, or else everyone is going to take forever and make sure they come up with something witty.

but i'll do the first thing i think of, so it wont be funny at all!

1. a piece of __delicious fish__ with a splash of __lemon__ (splash makes me think of fruit..)
2. a piece of __***__ with a splash of __magical hearts__

^CENSOR DODGING WTF!!!???

Top Bottom