• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen B. Kyon's Random Question Thread

hiROI

Smash Lord
I would go crazy if I got a $100 dollar worth Vaseline. Can you imagine the numerous uses Vaseline has?

*I love my Korean Boyfriend*

Double Posted for no reason.
Air fix this please? :(

Nicole

Smash Champion
i am going to apex i think

"Basically how crazy women can be in a nutshell" . . . tru. i wish women could behave themselves on tv and set a better example for my gender. tyra made an absolute fool of herself...and a million girls squealed like morons over nothing. blargh.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Well it would be ignorant if any male assumed all women were like Tyra Banks and her squealing fangirls.

I'd be gay if all women were like that.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
That obviously has no sway on me being that way, Dajay. There are cool girls like Nicole and Loli, after all. :p

Though Tyra lost her mind there. I think it was contagious.

I'm going to APEX, but I'm nervous. The plane tickets are around $300ish, and I might be traveling without anyone else from MI aside from a couple people in MI that I don't see very often. AND I still don't have a place to stay. -_-;

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I have a Peach question today. If you dair someone's shield like a low float dair then cancle it to a bair then to downsmash. Does it sound safe or is there anything else that sounds safer? Its just something I thought of.

Metatitan

Smash Master
It's really character dependent. It wouldn't work on say another Peach because she could just Nair OoS but it would against say.... ganondorf? xD

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It could work, but once again it's player dependant.

Backwards SH Dair, jab or f-tilt(if they jump OOs) is something I like to use.

Edit: Found this
Dsmash pokes a LOT, and saps shields even if they angle it.

A cool thing about SH dair is that you can buffer a float and the dair will end at exactly ground height- you'll float right before you touch the ground.

SH dair on shield, crossing up to end behind them, with float > bair buffered, releasing bair to dsmash is a guaranteed shieldbreak if they angle their shield, and a shieldpoke if they don't.

Some characters can spotdodge out of dsmash though.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I have a Peach question today. If you dair someone's shield like a low float dair then cancle it to a bair then to downsmash. Does it sound safe or is there anything else that sounds safer? Its just something I thought of.
It seems like nice Shield pressure game. If the opponent doesn't expect it, that Dsmash will for sure knock the opponent off balance. You can also try Dair on their shield twice, then land and duck. If you have good eyes, just wait for them to come out of their shield, then follow up by jumping and Nairing in their FACE. MIND GAMES FTW.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
It seems like nice Shield pressure game. If the opponent doesn't expect it, that Dsmash will for sure knock the opponent off balance. You can also try Dair on their shield twice, then land and duck. If you have good eyes, just wait for them to come out of their shield, then follow up by jumping and Nairing in their FACE. MIND GAMES FTW.
Good idea but does that really actually work?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Good idea but does that really actually work?
You'd be freakin' suprized. As much as I do it to my friends (Great brawlers btw. Not God Teir but can hold their own, and play me A LOT.) fall for it loads of times, and don't notice I mind gamed them. They don't realize that what I was doing was playing them (mentally), every match.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'll try it haha ;D
Gopher itt, it's fun. If I were you though, Try as hard as you can to keep your Nair fresh, and do this at high percentages. Chances are, opponents are going to want to stay on the groud where they can protect themselves more by blocking or spot dodging at a high percentage, so floating over them shouldn't be difficult. THEN with your fresh Nair, smack them.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
And on an obvious note, just keep your distance from them according to what character they're using.

Try keeping your Nair fresh, and do it at a high percentage for a sure kill. At high percentages, the opponent is going to want to keep on the groud (especially against a Peach) so they can have an easier time protecting themselves by blocking and spot dodging, so floating over them at this point shouldn't be difficult. You can even try just making them panic at that point with a shield pressure game by dropping your Nair on their shield OR replacing Nair with Fair > fast fall> double jab> F-tilt.

Ohh fun, fun fun. When they let go of their shield, it shouldn't be hard to predict where they'd be roll dodging too, so get your Nair ready for a quick kill.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
^^^^^
Nair is more of a damage builder IMO. It can be a KO move, but it's good for punishing and refreshing moves.

Metatitan

Smash Master
LOL unless it's a double hit Nair then Nair is the LAST move you wanna use to punish (unless it's an OoS punish). Nair is often a pinch KOer and like many of them (Uair, Bair, F tilt), it's preferred to keep them fresh if you can.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
LOL unless it's a double hit Nair then Nair is the LAST move you wanna use to punish (unless it's an OoS punish). Nair is often a pinch KOer and like many of them (Uair, Bair, F tilt), it's preferred to keep them fresh if you can.
Yeah, but the reason I like the Nair for killing is because it's way quicker. Fair is really readable so landing it imo is more reliable than Fair.

Not that I don't use Fair to kill, but I've just noticed it's more of a pain to hit someone with.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I don't like using nair as a killing move with Peach I like using it to space well, catch my opponents off guard, or using it to lead my opponent into a kill move.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I don't like using nair as a killing move with Peach I like using it to space well, catch my opponents off guard, or using it to lead my opponent into a kill move.
Lol, yeah I know what you mean. It's not my MAIN killing move, but when I get the chance, I'll pop it out every once in a while.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I use float-cancled bairs way too often for it to be a kill move. Even fresh it doesn't kill until over 150%.
Peach doesnt kill until over 150% :D My BAir is usually stale, but that doesnt stop me from continually using a good move to repeatedly defend myself/put my opponent in predictable scenarios.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Do you mind if I use this thread idea in the Zelda forum? Its very dead in there and could use something like this!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Lolololol. I think my favorite artist is kind of obvious. :lick:

Lady Gaga is my favorite for a lot of reasons. Her songs are so catchy and lovable. Not only that, I can tell Lady Gaga puts her heart into all the entertainment she does, which is why she excels at what she does. She's a great singer, dancer, performer, and she's extremely sexy. She has a unique style that may seem odd to others, but I find her style to be interesting, unique, and awesome.

Lady Gaga is perfect. In all ways. She has defintely earned her fame, and she earned it by being a great person and not by doing ******** things other famous people have done like Britney Spears for example.

Lady Gaga is perfect. She is my goddess. Lady Gaga for life. <3

hiROI

Smash Lord

Utada Hikaru

She not only has the voice of a goddess and beats out any other female artists, she is comical and pure. In addition, all her songs have a meaning (except like three from her latest album) and a message that anyone can relate too. Utada also writes all of her songs and she's also a songwriter. With 10 albums and a couple of other singles released, she is experienced in her field and only at the age of 27, she can only move forward. I also have a separate blog just for her.

And she's adorable :3

And my second favorite is Lady Gaga

Moozle

Smash Champion
I don't have a favorite band or group, but one of my all time favorites (as seen by my avatar) is the Gorillaz. If you listen to any of their songs besides their top 3 famous ones that everyone knows, you'll see that the Gorillaz (specifically Damon Albarn) is an insanely creative and talented group. Every song is unique, and every line is so bizarre that it takes all of my imagination to understand what Damon Albarn is trying to say, and I think that's a good thing. It's a very specific type of music that I think a lot of people don't like, but I am not one of those people :p

I also think it's cool that the latest Gorillaz album had 35 guest appearances, and the only consistent member of the band is Damon Albarn. It keeps every song fresh and awesome :D

Top Bottom