• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen B. Kyon's Random Question Thread

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
My name on the boards LoliLovesRain came from the fact that...when i went out with my bf who was 18 at the time i was well....14....soooooo xD that and i like lolis and the loves rain is because well...its in my sig...cuz i love rain and love feeling wet all the time (non sexual)

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Have any of you seen a lot of people in SWF that are very stubborn and think that sertain moves are horrible or a "character" for that matter? Like ZSS sideb or "Peach should never beat Snake"? I came across this this morning and im like...... wtf? Im pretty sure she can.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
people get stuck in this place where "If I can't do it now one can." And even with proof it becomes well... you need to play better people. That's why being in FL sucks... because for some reason people still think we are bad, lol.

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
I kinda really want to answer the name question.

I used to go by "Drek" online, because I was trying to keep my ego in check by surrounding myself with icons of humility. Ultimately, this and similar attempts to not annoy people just made me more socially awkward. I let out some flamboyance, but I stuck with the tag until about a year ago. I like short names, particularly real words, so I came up with Keen. It worked in a few different ways. Keen is a weapon enhancement in D&D 3.5 that doubles your critical range. In common parlance, it means clever or insightful. It could also be a funereal cry. Also, I liked the saying "Peachy Keen". Mothuzad is a made up name that's never taken anywhere, so it lets me use the same name all over the Internet.

Metatitan

Smash Master
What kind of question is that? There's a huge percentage of this board that say that and/or are stubborn (although I agree that for mk it is impossible but snake is seeming a lot more winnable).

There will always be skeptics in EVERYTHING but you can't prove/disprove anything until something is done.

Take for example the sonics saying sonic was underrated; it wasn't until sonics like Speed and X proved it that people really believed them (and even then most of them probably only said it because of character bias).

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

Take for example the sonics saying sonic was underrated; it wasn't until sonics like Speed and X and Espy proved it that people really believed them (and even then most of them probably only said it because of character bias).
Fixed

And tbh, it was plain obvious that Sonic was better than the likes of Samus and all those other characters he was below
Sonic is pretty bad but he's far too good to be in Low Tier

Whats the deal with MK? Why does he make Peach so unviable? I'm not saying he's a disadvantaged match up because its pretty obvious he is but from stuff I've seen and my experiences (all be it rather limited) I can't see why MK why wreck Peach's chances of winning anything. Certainly make it harder but not outright wreck it

Maybe I'm not looking at the right things? :x

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
Judging from MLG, it seems like half the tourney-goers are playing Meta, which really stacks the bracket against Peach. Sure, I managed to take out one of the Meta-players I faced, but I got stomped by the next one. If he knows what he's doing, he won't give you any safe opportunities to punish. The shear guts and patience you need to win match after match against Meta-Knight. . . it's crazy.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Rick you should probably look up the matchup discussions for summaries.

Basic gist is that he can Up B most of peach's attacks, he can gimp her easily, he can easily get past her defenses, and he kills earlier.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I thought we'd developed ways around some of the problems MK once gave us? (e.g Bone Walking) Hate to name drop him into things but I could have sworn Praxis changed his opinion to 60:40 MKs favour a while ago because we'd developed some stuff to help us in the match up. I thought we could shield before MK's Up + B came out if you autocancelled aerials (e.g.) Fair onto the ground after they'd hit his shield?

I'm not saying its a bad match up because Peach is at an obvious disadvantage but I would't have said MK makes her completely unviable
This is why I'm so frustrated about not being able to go to stuff like MLG, I can't see this stuff for myself... ><

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I thought we'd developed ways around some of the problems MK once gave us? (e.g Bone Walking) Hate to name drop him into things but I could have sworn Praxis changed his opinion to 60:40 MKs favour a while ago because we'd developed some stuff to help us in the match up. I thought we could shield before MK's Up + B came out if you autocancelled aerials (e.g.) Fair onto the ground after they'd hit his shield?

I'm not saying its a bad match up because Peach is at an obvious disadvantage but I would't have said MK makes her completely unviable
This is why I'm so frustrated about not being able to go to stuff like MLG, I can't see this stuff for myself... ><
At the moment MK makes Peach unviable because none of us are good enough vs the little ****er. Up B and Nado are absolute pains to deal with but the real problem is that MK has a ton of really good options that put Peach in the air.

Peach has no airdodge, or airspeed, or a large second jump to evade even though her 2nd jump can be used for evasion too. As soon as Peach is in the air it's nothing but uair frame traps and being tornado'd from the side of it so Peach can't aerial into the center.

That and it's almost impossible to survive an edgeguard vs a good MK if you're offstage without your float or if you're forced to recover low.

And that if MK has the lead he can just stop approaching. Just kind of walk away from everything and just react to your eventual approach.

Peach is too sloooooow, MK is too fast. We need airspeed or some kind of airdodge, and to stop sucking lol.

And demi-peach, idk about Ike but Ness is definitely better than Peach vs MK.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
At the moment MK makes Peach unviable because none of us are good enough vs the little ****er. Up B and Nado are absolute pains to deal with but the real problem is that MK has a ton of really good options that put Peach in the air.

Peach has no airdodge, or airspeed, or a large second jump to evade even though her 2nd jump can be used for evasion too. As soon as Peach is in the air it's nothing but uair frame traps and being tornado'd from the side of it so Peach can't aerial into the center.

That and it's almost impossible to survive an edgeguard vs a good MK if you're offstage without your float or if you're forced to recover low.

And that if MK has the lead he can just stop approaching. Just kind of walk away from everything and just react to your eventual approach.

Peach is too sloooooow, MK is too fast. We need airspeed or some kind of airdodge, and to stop sucking lol.

And demi-peach, idk about Ike but Ness is definitely better than Peach vs MK.
True, true, but we still have uair/bair to help us avoid MK confilct in the air. Uair is good at changing her momentum direction and bair is good to help escape the uair traps along w/ good DI.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
In the end. Peach doesn't like swords.

Today's question. Has any of you been thru a natural disaster? Such as a tornado, hurricane and blizzard, Earthquake? If so what was the worst for you and how did you get thru it?

황미영

Smash Champion
Oh... That one time when Florida had like two or three hurricanes in a row! We just hung out in the garage and saw the transformers get messed up and sparks flying.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Oh... That one time when Florida had like two or three hurricanes in a row! We just hung out in the garage and saw the transformers get messed up and sparks flying.
I remember that

Water seaped into my house from the first hurricane and we lost power for about a week.

The second hurricane wasn't really strong, at one point I was standing outside during it. It just lasted a bit too long.

Third hurricane, I don't remember much of it.

Even through them, I was more worried about my friends well being than my own. I knew I would be alright if I was with my family.

I've also been through a blizzard when I lived in New York. Snow was about 5 feet high. I almost sunk into the snow trying to make a snow angel.

Moozle

Smash Champion
A tornado hit when I was walking home from school. I wasn't right where the tornado was, but I was really close. I ended up having to hold on to a light post since I was being blown away, while I was pelted with hail the size of golf balls. After like 5 minutes a guy pulled up next to me and opened his door and I got in because i didn't care if he stole me, it was better than being on the light pole lol. So overall, it was pretty freaking horrible XD I had welts for a month from the hail.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I've lived in Florida twice and always had the hurricanes miss our area (cocoa beach). But since I've moved up to MD, there have been 2 blizzards. I personally didn't think it was a bad thing. The first one I was 10ish, and being out of school is always nice (having the term extended was always sucky). The second one was this year and I wasn't in school. I thought everything was pretty :p

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
Nope, nothing for me. Just some tiny earthquakes. The closest I've come to a natural disaster was the ground getting super-icy. It wasn't a natural disaster, but you couldn't walk anywhere without falling over. . . freaking Sakurai.

A tornado hit when I was walking home from school. I wasn't right where the tornado was, but I was really close. I ended up having to hold on to a light post since I was being blown away, while I was pelted with hail the size of golf balls. After like 5 minutes a guy pulled up next to me and opened his door and I got in because i didn't care if he stole me, it was better than being on the light pole lol. So overall, it was pretty freaking horrible XD I had welts for a month from the hail.
Wow, that's really interesting! For some reason, I'm imagining this whole story taking place in the Paper Mario universe. Glad you didn't get kidnapped! :bowser:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I lived in Alabama when Hurrican Katrina hit. Our power was out for 2 days, but school was still in session O.o

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i was definitely in the middle of a hurricane back in summer 2004 that knocked out power for the city for like days. luckily for me, i moved into my dorms for UF like the next day so i didnt have to deal with the lack of power :laugh:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
uhhh those earthquakes that happened in florida....xD the ones after 1992 since during hurricane Andrew after I was born we went back to jamaica immediately lol but nothing bad happened to anyone I knew =/

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Bair, Ftilt, Fsmash, Banana, Turnip or don't be too air happy ;d. Learned that the hard way.

Actually, talking about Diddy, I'm pretty bad against him ;_;

:053:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
you cud also bait it w/ the float and make him whiff so u can fair.

you cud also avoid fair out of your float w/ a double jump dair.

powershield to slap/nair.

his fair is rly good but pch can deal with it pretty well.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Tornados, Blizzards, Ice Storms, Lightning storms, Flooding, Solar storms (Aurora Borealis).... I have seen just about all of them

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
needles?

seriously though what situation are we talking about? OOS? while you are floating? just stay out of its range cuz it is way to fast to really react to.

Top Bottom