• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I have a question. after a Bthrow+FCAS should i follow them of the stage and kill em with air attacks or charge another AS to kill em with?(this is of course when said opponent is over 60%)
Depends on character, stage, playstyle, and a bit also on your percent. Overall, I'd say assuming you're around the same percent (unless your in a lawl match) you'll want to gimp with aerials, unless they are MK/G&W, then you'll want to charge another AS to pocket around for use (once again, I said that there is a number of factors that would change your decision).

Also, on the subject of teams, it's who you play comfortably as well as how powerful the SCIENCE! is in your team (so if that means going for a secondary that you feel might be ok for you in feel, then do it, but if you plan to go with only your main, that's generably fine too).

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Depends on character, stage, playstyle, and a bit also on your percent. Overall, I'd say assuming you're around the same percent (unless your in a lawl match) you'll want to gimp with aerials, unless they are MK/G&W, then you'll want to charge another AS to pocket around for use (once again, I said that there is a number of factors that would change your decision).

Also, on the subject of teams, it's who you play comfortably as well as how powerful the SCIENCE! is in your team (so if that means going for a secondary that you feel might be ok for you in feel, then do it, but if you plan to go with only your main, that's generably fine too).
thanks a lot your probably the only one whose answered my question.but thats all i need.(btw i rarely fight MK or G&W but ill need that info just in case XD

Omnath

Smash Ace
That's not the problem Lucario faces in teams. What you have is a synergy problem.

The problem that Lucario potentially faces is managing his aura modifiers in teams because of how crazy the points are calculated.
Really? I've been noticing a few other Lucarios complaining about the same thing I am. I see where you are coming from though. Is there a thread that shows the Lucario calculations in teams?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Really? I've been noticing a few other Lucarios complaining about the same thing I am. I see where you are coming from though. Is there a thread that shows the Lucario calculations in teams?
lucarios teamate dies... lucario gets weaker...

that should give a idea.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Here's my question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpse1Y450E&feature=related
@ 3:28
Did you see the little hit that the Waddle (not gordo) did to D3? It actually was reflected back at him!
Why? Does lucario's fsmash have more weird properties not known previously?

Edit: I noticed that the Waddle didn't do any damage when it hit, so it only causes further knockback, but maybe with a bomb/grenade like thing? I dunno, just tossing this around.

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
I'm a newb to this game but what do you think of the chances that a "Always Max out Aura (Always at full strength)" Lucario will beat a Meta Knight?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey i have a question. I'd like to secondary Lucario for my Main DDD. But i have a question, how does Lucario do VS:

Ice Climbers;
GaW;
Pikachu;
Olimar;
Falco;

Because i have the most trouble VS these guys. Diddy is also annoying but he always is :p

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey i have a question. I'd like to secondary Lucario for my Main DDD. But i have a question, how does Lucario do VS:

Ice Climbers;
GaW;
Pikachu;
Olimar;
Falco;

Because i have the most trouble VS these guys. Diddy is also annoying but he always is :p
Ice Climbers: 60:40 advantage
Gay Men Watch: 40:60 or 45:55 disadvantage
Pika: 55:45 advantage
Olimar: 45:55 disadvantage
Falco: 55:45 advantage
Diddy 60:40/55:45 advantage.
Lucario as a whole has not real **** matches, but doesn't have entirely horrible matches either.

Also, here's my question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpse1Y450E&feature=related
@ 3:28
Did you see the little hit that the Waddle (not gordo) did to D3? It actually was reflected back at him!
Why? Does lucario's fsmash have more weird properties not known previously?

Edit: I noticed that the Waddle didn't do any damage when it hit, so it only causes further knockback, but maybe with a bomb/grenade like thing? I dunno, just tossing this around.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
erm.. it looked weird to me too Phil.
Ima re-edit this post with an answer in a few, I want to watch the entire match.
So justa sec.
-t2

*edit

So yea, perhaps aura moves in waves. The Waddlethingy took the aura damage, but the aura wave from the F-smash went thru the Waddlethingy and hit DDD transferring the knockback.

thats my 2 cents.
-t2

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Alright thnx for your answer!! I think it got ''reflected back'' because when you hit a Waddle Dee/Doo, they'll fly away. So when AZEN used the Fsmash, it hit the waddle and it got send to DDD back instead. It didn't do any damage because Waddles don't do damage when they fly around, i think.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah I figured it gets knocked back (hence why I fsmash a waddle when there is an opportunity), but the fact that it actually hit D3 instead of it normally traveling through him harmlessly like it normally does got me. Ted's theory sounds correct, but that would make for some good high percent shenanigans (getting the fsmash knockback +waddle knockback).

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Okay... I heard from the Gamefaqs forums (yes, I know... trusting that is pretty stupid as spam there is more rampant than here...) that Lucario's Dair spikes somehow at a certain spot... they say it's as hard as Meteor smashing with Sonic's Up Smash...

They say it's just at the tip of the aura that Lucario makes...

I somehow CANNOT seem to do that in training mode no matter how much I try, and also adding to the fact that I don't see Lucario at all in the "Guide to Meteor Smashes in Brawl" in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163968

I know that it does not spike... but I need confirmation...

The only spike I know of that Lucario has is when you're above someone with the activation of his Final Smash...

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
From what I could tell, there wasn't really any additional knockback by the waddle. My guess is that D3 has an extended hurtbox when he uses his sideB, which is why the Fsmash hit him (he does throw out his arm, and it was still obviously a tipper considering the knockback). Why the waddle bounced off of him, however, is anyone's guess..

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Looked to me like the Waddle is considered a character, and can be knocked into people for damage the same way your teammates can in doubles play.

nightSN

Smash Ace
From what I could tell, there wasn't really any additional knockback by the waddle. My guess is that D3 has an extended hurtbox when he uses his sideB, which is why the Fsmash hit him (he does throw out his arm, and it was still obviously a tipper considering the knockback). Why the waddle bounced off of him, however, is anyone's guess..
^ im for this one.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Okay... I heard from the Gamefaqs forums (yes, I know... trusting that is pretty stupid as spam there is more rampant than here...) that Lucario's Dair spikes somehow at a certain spot... they say it's as hard as Meteor smashing with Sonic's Up Smash...

They say it's just at the tip of the aura that Lucario makes...

I somehow CANNOT seem to do that in training mode no matter how much I try, and also adding to the fact that I don't see Lucario at all in the "Guide to Meteor Smashes in Brawl" in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163968

I know that it does not spike... but I need confirmation...

The only spike I know of that Lucario has is when you're above someone with the activation of his Final Smash...
It doesn't, not according to my recollection. Dair doesn't need to spike, it's already on par with falco's (if not more useful).
Could he be meaning stage spike?

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that Albino Lucario seems to be the most commonly used color for him? It's so bland and confuses me why people use it.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
i have a question. Lucario can do a reverse aura sphere. however does this have any use? it seems pretty useless to me.

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
revers auror

i have a question. Lucario can do a reverse aura sphere. however does this have any use? it seems pretty useless to me.
Well if you have to retreat, when you jump it is eaier to jump foward. Then you can send a ranged attack. So if you reverse aura sphere you can attack while running away.

Milln

Smash Champion
Being able to fire a long range, projectile that can KO in the direction that he's not immediately facing. Yeah, that doesn't have any use at all.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Think about this.

A projectile with a ton of priority, cutting a huge horizontal line in ones recovery. You can't try to clink with it, cause an Fully charged Aura Sphere is pure Aura. Aura doesn't clink. Not many moves have that specialty.

Reverse aura sphere adds a mind game to the mix. "All of a sudden an Aura Sphere is speeding at you, even though lucario was facing the other way! What do You Do?!"

Exactly.
-t2

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
good thought you should ask phi1ny3 about that they prob have it in the science lab.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Has any research been done about Lucario's grab releases, particularly against the top tier characters?
We haven't looked at it extensively (due to lucario's subpar grab range), but I think that the occasional jab, AS, dtilt, or re-grab works if they respond poorly (like shielding do regrab, roll away prolly AS, jump do utilt or SH fair). It isn't "omg Bowser/marth" amazing, but I think it can do a few really nice things (especially offstage).

chessmaniac109

Smash Rookie
Is fast falling a double team into a charged up smash a viable/useful move?
(I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I haven't been here long.)

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a competitive or serious brawl player, chessmaniac###.
But if I was in your shoes. I would first watch if the person is charging up a smash and calculate the distance between you and the pesron and how much time is left before it's fully charged and auto smashes. Know where you can get hit and then double team at the last second. Be careful of edges. It might be viable, as after using the smash leaves the person open to a double team. But keep in mind Double Team might not be exactly instantaneous like Marth's counter. If they catch the counter, they could just let the smash through while you fall into their hands. This is only what I think of it, and I could entirely be off.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Being able to fire a long range, projectile that can KO in the direction that he's not immediately facing. Yeah, that doesn't have any use at all.
sorrrrrrrrrrrrrry...... it didnt say anything on aerial use. ive been trying to use it in the air for nth times and i still couldnt do it. so i thought it was limited to the floor.(seriously though I have a very hard time practicing aerial maneuvers can somebody gimme tips?)

Top Bottom