• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh, I know what he means.
Honestly, there's not too much, friendlies are the way to go, but you can always practice teching the stage in case of stage spike, wall clinging, B-reversals, and throw followups.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
can anyone tell me some training methods for lucario?
i'm entering my first tournament in a week and i wanted to see if they're any ways to do some training in training mode or something like that.
for example: bengalsRZ's training videos + text in the marth boards.
practice wall clinging on Final destination (if you don't already have it down). Practice controlling up b. practice aura sphere b-reversals in case you face someone who's very shield happy, it also can help you get back onto the stage when ur on the ledge. Practice strutter stepping the fsmash to get the tipper. A few of milln's inner fire vids show strutter stepping and b-reversals.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
LM...learn to DI to stay inside the mansion. Learn when it is best to tech on the ceiling and when it is best to tech/techroll on the ground. Know that the pillars can cause hitboxes to stay out far longer than normal, and most projectiles cannot go through them. Also, know that while Lucario does good on this stage, certain character can abuse it far more, so there is a chance you may have to destroy the mansion if need be. The mansion stays destroyed for 20 seconds if I recall.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Can someone teach me to beat a metaknight whose bothered to learn the matchup. Any non-obvious advice would be appreciated because I know there's gotta be some big things I'm doing wrong to lose so consistently. Help!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If the Meta Knight knows what he's doing, then you're pretty much screwed. If you get past the initial struggle of surviving to a high percent, then you'll increase your chance of killing MK super early with an Aura Boost. Unfortuantely, MK is a gimp master, so...yeah. :ohwell:

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I have a question.
how do you approach someone that spams like crazy and easily get out of it?
And how should I approach for combos?

Milln

Smash Champion
I have a question.
Spams what? Easily get out of what? Brawl is made out of situations.

Combos don't exist in vBrawl. >,> Maybe Fair Fair Fair Fair Dair. or Fair Nair

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Spams what? Easily get out of what? Brawl is made out of situations.

Combos don't exist in vBrawl. >,> Maybe Fair Fair Fair Fair Dair. or Fair Nair
>.> I was playing this really good
gay
Shiek and I couldn't really get to her unless she screwed up something or I perfect shielded 800 needles.

And im not saying WHAT combos (Maybe I did but I didn't mean to) but I mean how to pull off a combo (Like, how do I do ForcePalm without getting killed?)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I have a question.
Well you can DI out of an attack. For example if a Falco is spamming there a>a>a> moveset you can just DI and it saves you alot of damage. Also combos in brawl lol. Iirc they are actually called string moves but I might be wrong, am I?

Also a word of advice, if they spam you should spam back.

Spam=Spam but AS Spam>Regular Spam. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
Well you can DI out of an attack. For example if a Falco is spamming there a>a>a> moveset you can just DI and it saves you alot of damage. Also combos in brawl lol. Iirc they are actually called string moves but I might be wrong, am I?

Also a word of advice, if they spam you should spam back.

Spam=Spam but AS Spam>Regular Spam. :)
Unless it's Samus. It may just be me, but I find her jump->homing missles difficult to counter-spam.

I've got a question for basically everyone here. Does anyone else use the Flip Aura Sphere charge (I don't know the actual term, but you press B then immediately after, you tap the control stick opposite the direction you are facing to redirect your momentum and face the opposite direction) that I mentioned a while back?

tl;dr: Is reversing your momentum in midair using aura sphere charge useful?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's useful if the opponent is trying to chase you with a move. For example, a TL expect you to to keep falling to the left and uairs, but you can change your momentum and fall to the right. Snakes do it with nades to change their momentum because most characters can chase them in the air otherwise. It's useful, but since Lucario has dair to stall his falling momentum altogether, you probably won't use it very often.

It's your choice though. :)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
tl;dr: Is reversing your momentum in midair using aura sphere charge useful?
It depends on who you're fighting and how you work.
Like I do this to charge it up and confuse my opponents, but every once in a while I'll just turn and shoot it torward them. Like when I'm going offstage to the left and I'm facing to the left, most people don't see a reversed one coming.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And Snake doesn't have a very good dair to defend himself below. But yeah, Lucario doesn't really need to do it because his dair can defend/stall him from most attacks. :)

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is better to use dair or fair to momentum cancel whilst DIing after you get hit. (Hopefully that makes sense)

Mewter

Smash Master
Has anyone noticed that the C stick just barely changes the trajectory of Extreme Speed?
Also, when you press the C stick left or right at exactly the right time (before you start moving), with your control stick pressed upwards, you can do the extreme stop at the earliest possible time. :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Milln...
Come back...
plz?
In other news, I now think snake is arguably 60:40 snake's favor, either that or people really don't know how to play snake now.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've gone back and fourth between 55:45 and 60:40 for my opinion of that matchup. I believe it's in some sort of grey, 57:43ish area. Ground=Snake, Air=Luca, Getting Snake into the air=Challenging. That's my two cents at least.

I'll also lend my support to your "Milln Please Come Back" movement!;)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody. Man... I needa visit this place some more... i play with Lucario a few times too.

Anywayz, cutting to the chase:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link) and am going to advance the technique in teh future. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Thanks for the time. Hope you like and laugh. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments--i'd appreciate that. :D

CO18

Smash Hero
Its definitley 6:4 in snakes favor, his tilts destroy lucario lmao, definitley wins on the ground and lucario cant gimp snake that well since fair wont break cypher and nair has that bad ending lag, only thing really effective is bair/AS.

Aceboyo

Smash Rookie
I think Lucario should be banned. How about you guys? I mean, come on, he's a dog that can talk and walk on two legs. So broken.
well i think ur a noob and a tool. keep ur opinions like that to yourself. He is majorly awesome and will pwn u anyday.

Milln

Smash Champion
Haha Lucario should be banned. He's a fuggin' beast. The dude has BLUE. FLAMES. THEY'RE BLUE AND ON FIRE. You can't do anything about that. Just put the controller down. XD

iRJi

Smash Champion
Its definitley 6:4 in snakes favor
Nope.

His tilts destroy lucario lmao.
Nope

definitley wins on the ground and lucario cant gimp snake that well since fair wont break cypher and nair has that bad ending lag. only thing really effective is bair/AS.
Baiting better works, we still do have AS to knock him off, Make him air dodge, then fair him back off. There are so many ways to get around the fact that lucario's fair doesn't knock him off the cipher and snake isn't that hard to gimp.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rockettrainer (2:57:35 PM): Also, I have a question.
Rockettrainer (2:57:48 PM): Do you think the Snake/Lucario matchup is even?
Rockettrainer (2:57:50 PM): Be honest.
UltimateRazer713 (2:58:07 PM): no
Rockettrainer (2:58:17 PM): ...THANK YOU.
Rockettrainer (2:58:29 PM): I feel vindicated.
UltimateRazer713 (2:58:34 PM): y
Rockettrainer (2:58:36 PM): Thanks Mexico.
Rockettrainer (2:59:11 PM): Some Lucarios think that it is even, and I tell them it's not, and they're like you're doing it wrong.
Rockettrainer (2:59:14 PM): And that I need to camp more.
Rockettrainer (2:59:24 PM): And I'm like, LOL.
UltimateRazer713 (2:59:26 PM): Lol ok. Out camp snake with lucario.
UltimateRazer713 (2:59:28 PM): Sweet.

Yeah...

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
It is sad to say but at least half of the Lucario's on these boards get eliminated from tournaments from Snakes. Inconcluding me. :(

Top Bottom