• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Browny

Smash Hater
well you must have read it if you got down to Japan...

and I will note that living in the past re: characters in brawl, is a really bad thing

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
On another note, I was wondering if anybody has a unique follow-up the the SH Fair that they use. For example, I'll follow up a SH Fair with a reverse aura charge on D3. Anyone else
sometimes i follow up with u-air. it's only a good idea if ur opponent was in the air when the f-air connected.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
tl;dr;dc

I will note that I don't recall i've ever said anything about Japan.

way to fail. You start some lame **** and then act like you don't care? k. Also you obviously read it if you saw the part about Japan or if you're claiming that it's all wrong, so you're just doing a pathetic attempt to look cool. w/e, be that way.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
1. The "new" Lucario boards aren't a place for anger. Why can't we be classy like Sonic Boards?:((Note: I have no idea how classy the Sonic boards as a whole is, I'm just thinking of the Midwest's Sonics.)

2. Thanks for the new mix-up ideas guys. A few of them are interesting to say the least. It's clever little things like that we need to keep pulling out of our....hats....to keep Lucario from dying of the metagame withdraw he seems to be having.

That being said, maybe I'm completely wrong.

Milln

Smash Champion
way to fail. You start some lame **** and then act like you don't care? k. Also you obviously read it if you saw the part about Japan or if you're claiming that it's all wrong, so you're just doing a pathetic attempt to look cool. w/e, be that way.
I didn't even start anything, Mr Blow Up On Everybody. I read maybe 3/4's of the first paragraph and then stopped.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even start anything, Mr Blow Up On Everybody. I read maybe 3/4's of the first paragraph and then stopped.
k, w/e then. Stop trying to play off the fact that you instigated a stupid argument with me over a harmless joke I made. I'm only responding to you, idiot.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
For the record, Bear, I don't ever recall Milln acting pretentious. My impression is that he's generally pretty cool to everyone (although I wish he was AROUND MOAR! >=O).

hough123

Smash Ace
*sigh*
You just spat in the face of the person most regulars treat as a god. I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into, Bear :laugh:

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Ok I think it is about time that we unsticky the New Lucario's List of Useful Link's and sticky the Offical critique my Lucario thread. If anyone disagrees with me please tell me because sometime today I plan to get in touch with a Mod and tell them what we want.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
So Phil you think that it is time to contact a mod regarding the stickying and unstickying?

Also it is pretty sad that these boards are dead. :(

hough123

Smash Ace
Ya we should stop fighting in this thread.
*holds up a NEW neon sign*
HOW ABOUT WE NOT FIGHT AT ALL!

lol
Telling Bear not to fight is like telling a bear not to maul and eat your kids.
It doesn't work, and they'll stop whenever the :lucario: they want.

Besides, Bear did stop. I directed that moreso to Milln in case he was to rebuttle. (I think that's the word.)

hough123

Smash Ace
Its amazing just how fast the lucario boards died after only 2 months of revival.
We've lost a good deal of motivation. The tier list was a big thing that spread quickly, so many Lucario mains saw it and were inspired. Then they saw that this involved work and left :(

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
^This is the reason why I created the Revamping Team group. The main people here will basically have to do all the work because no one else wants to help out. I think it would also help these boards if we got a new mod which leads me to my next question. Has anyone read any news on our new mod?

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh please. The 'work' that was seemingly required was made up, we did not NEED a punishing guide for every single attack in the game because thats the sort of thing you practice by playing the game. The MU thread has completed one rotation and is about half way through the second which is quite good by other boards standards who are in the same place. Convincing yourself that Lucario has a ton of hidden potential and AT's and combos etc which should raise him in the tier list doesnt mean we need to work to find them out, its entirely possible they dont exist. Stick to what we actually can do. Which is get better at the game by becoming more knowledgeable about everything else, learn your matchups and practice vs good people who also want to get better.

Im a firm believer that Lucario is not the sort of character which requires a lot of external help to become good at, people should develop their own styles and figure out what works for them. Not the case with characters such as Wario, Diddy, Ice Climbers etc who have certain non-obvious playstyles and combos which all players should master.

Zucco

Smash Master
If you actually need a guide on how to punish people, then I really doubt you should be looking for ATs yet.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh please. The 'work' that was seemingly required was made up, we did not NEED a punishing guide for every single attack in the game because thats the sort of thing you practice by playing the game. The MU thread has completed one rotation and is about half way through the second which is quite good by other boards standards who are in the same place. Convincing yourself that Lucario has a ton of hidden potential and AT's and combos etc which should raise him in the tier list doesnt mean we need to work to find them out, its entirely possible they dont exist. Stick to what we actually can do. Which is get better at the game by becoming more knowledgeable about everything else, learn your matchups and practice vs good people who also want to get better.

Im a firm believer that Lucario is not the sort of character which requires a lot of external help to become good at, people should develop their own styles and figure out what works for them. Not the case with characters such as Wario, Diddy, Ice Climbers etc who have certain non-obvious playstyles and combos which all players should master.
I actually do quite agree on this. Brawl AT's are hardly good unless polished and are few in number, and lucario is pretty open-ended. I often say that he suffers from "An embarrassment of riches" in a way.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Omg, I actually feel sorry for the next lucario "student" to come across.
Bear just might eat him alive.
lol I just recognized at your avy now, lol "Shine bear".

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Omg, I actually feel sorry for the next lucario "student" to come across.
Bear just might eat him alive.
lol I just recognized at your avy now, lol "Shine bear".
no he'll cook him first. Bears found out about fire (flaming) a long time ago. lol

iRJi

Smash Champion

Just to C/P what I posted about this here.

I wouldn't agree with you more about how people should create their own way of playing, but that is not the purpose of that guide. The guide is simply to accumulate options that people might have missed or not thought of. It is in no way to create a set way of playing for every Lucario. Things you might find in that guide might be interesting, or something no one has noticed or knew about. Thats pretty much what the guide is all about. An example is When I did the DK section of it, I didn't know that DK's Fsmash is punishable with Lucario's Fsmash if you were to Perfect shield DK's Fsmash at any range.

If you actually need a guide on how to punish people, then I really doubt you should be looking for ATs yet.
Honestly, the Guide isn't needed. No one person really needs a guide on how to punish options because it is something that you do accumulate in time as you play the game. If you want to talk personally, I really don't even need this guide at all and for me it is completely unnecessary to do on my behalf. Like stated above, all the guide is for is to show options that might not have been thought of, or thought that it was not possible to do.

Timbers

check me out
Oh please. The 'work' that was seemingly required was made up, we did not NEED a punishing guide for every single attack in the game because thats the sort of thing you practice by playing the game.
ugh why do people keep calling it a guide. It's original purpose was to just gauge effective punishing styles against different moves. I highly doubt people considered dsmash, usmash, iDA, etc. to be effective or even plausable punishers, or how some situations, you're given more effective options on the perfect shield, but against some moves they are.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hello Lucario users. I've got a couple of questions that I need to know, since I want to get better at Lucario.

I decided to use Lucario in a couple matches a few moments ago, and I realized that, to my knowledge, Lucario doesn't really have many options in approaching. His "low" air speed makes things kind of telegraphed in the air, and I never got anywhere from using ground approaches. Am I apporaching wrong? What are the most efficient ways to approach? Against G&W, Ike, Falco, and ROB, to name a few.

Also, I noticed that Lucario's smash attacks are kind of slow, at least in startup. Is there a really good time to use his smashes, like out of a combo or any other time?

Lastly, at what percentage does Lucario's throws kill? I know b-throw does not use Aura, so that calculation is out, but what about the other throws? Or are they even viable KO options for Lucario?

If I'm sounding completely stupid, I'm sorry. I just found myself liking him recently and wanted to use him more XD. And I tend to spam the Aura Sphere (speaking of which, I'm guessing I could use the charged Aura Sphere as a mindgame tactic if I'm holding it?) and the awesome dair a lot in my brawls with him, and I want to know if there are much more efficient ways to use him.

And just out of curiosity, why did you guys decide to main Lucario anyway? Any reason besides the Aura property?

Thanks a lot in advance

EDIT: ok, maybe I shouldn't have said his air speed was low. Looks about average upon looking at it again. I guess the high jump and long jump animations just made me think otherwise >_<

Top Bottom