• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s my submissions:

1. Nightcrawler (I love all these mutant entries but Nightcrawler is hands down hyper character with tons of moveset potential)
2. Multiple Man (While possibly not the most iconic character, he could demonstrate particular new moveset properties and abilities)
3. Quicksilver (Super fast man needs fast paced game)

1. Bastu (Batsu, alongside Akira, is the face of Rival Schools. I wouldn’t mind adding Akira later it Batsu is best for the reveal IMO)
2. Devilotte (a strange and obscure inclusion could be good for the reveal)
1. Edward Falcon (never played Power Stone but I am fine with adding him in.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results from voting for our next duo! They are...

Marvel
Apocalypse Megadoomer Megadoomer 8
Magik dezeray112 dezeray112 8
Multiple Man @osby 4
Nightcrawler Schnee117 Schnee117 32
Toad Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 5
Shadowcat cashregister9 cashregister9 5
Professor X GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 7
Mystique Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 11
Jubilee Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 4
Quicksilver evanwoo10 evanwoo10 12

Capcom

Sagat Megadoomer Megadoomer 6
Akira Kazama dezeray112 dezeray112 13
Devilotte Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 7
Batsu Ichimonji @osby 7
Rashid (originally posted by Megadoomer Megadoomer , put forth by Schnee117 Schnee117 ) 13
Juri Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 7
Rose cashregister9 cashregister9
Edward Falcon GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 16
Blanka Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 8
Makoto Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 1
Jon Tailbane Speed Weed Speed Weed 11

Nightcrawler was an easy win and netted a majority of the first choice picks while Edward had a bit more trouble; especially against Akira and Rashid.

These two will be joining the ranks and be our last fighters to be revealed in the first trailer.

Job #5: Submit a stage based on Street Fighter and a stage based on the Avengers

To make things interesting, the two stages must not be based on the following locations:

A) Suzaku Castle
B) Avenger’s Tower

Please submit a single stage from the Street Fighter and Avengers franchises. Please explain how they stage would look, any potential cameos, and why it should be included.

Job #6: Please vote 3v3 or 2v2

Marvel vs Capcom is typically 3v3 but Infinite changed this making it 2v2 with the Infinity Stones making up for the third slot. It’s not confirmed if we are adding the Infinity Stones again but, should this game include 3v3 or 2v2?

Also, we will leave submissions open for Scarlet Witch for the next 10 hours so please submit either your special moves or hyper combos. Leon Kennedy is next followed by Nightcrawler and finally Edward Falcon.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 5

Marvel: Helicarrier
1615814769844.png

The signature aircraft carrier of S.H.I.E.L.D, this stage would have you fighting on top of it. I could envision jets and stuff flying by, and a couple cameos from Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D members alike, like most notably Nick Fury (that is assuming we don't make him playable of course).

This might not quite be Avengers per say, but I feel it's become synonymous with it thanks to the comics and the MCU. It's such a notable Marvel locale, I think it deserves at least a looking at.

Capcom: Beijing
1615813108979.png

Chun Li's home stage in Street Fighter Alpha 2, Beijing takes place on a section of a Beijing street crosswalk. Most notably featuring hundreds of cyclists riding along in the background.

Went for this one cuz I think it'd be nice to give a stage nod towards Chun Li for once, even if we don't end up adding her. I was close to submitting her stage from II, Shopping District, but I thought this would be a more interesting stage, especially with the multitude of cyclists making for a fun background

Job 6:
3 v 3
Let's keep things classic here.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Surprised at how one-sided the Marvel vote wound up being haha. Makes sense, though - Nightcrawler's pretty popular.

Job #5:

Avengers: Chronopolis. While tied to an Avengers villain (Kang the Conqueror or Immortus, depending on the story) rather than the Avengers themselves, it allows for all sorts of cameos given that it can reach across time. Basically anything seems like fair game for making appearances here, from Spider-Man 2099 to the dinosaurs from Dino Crisis. The stage itself would be a lush green park, with a mix of futuristic cities, pyramids, a Sphinx, churches, Aztec temples, and buildings of various other architectural styles in the background, and Kang's giant golden citadel far off in the distance.

Street Fighter: Air Force Base. Aside from being home to one of the most memetic music tracks in all of gaming (though I realize that music in Marvel vs. Capcom games tends to be tied to the characters rather than the stage), it gives an opportunity to include cameos from pilots/planes from both companies, like Edward Falcon's father from Power Stone or Wyatt Wingfoot. The stage itself, aside from the aforementioned cameos and some different flying vehicles in the background, would look similarly to its Street Fighter II or Street Fighter V incarnation.

Job #6:

I'd say 3 vs. 3 - while it wasn't used for every game in the series (just Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3), bringing it back might be seen as a return to form. (plus, games like Dragon Ball FighterZ show that it's still popular)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Gotta say, the hypothetical "intitial reveal" line-up turned out really solid. 6 "essential" veterans, then two super duper popular newcomers, then two more newcomers that are also pretty popular but also function as a sort of reassurance about certain aspects of the roster, Nightcrawler really hammering it in that yes, the FOX-movie-rights-previously-owned characters are 100% back on the table and Falcon making it clear that deeper cuts and niche favorites are on the table as well

Anyway, I'm voting for 3v3

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Avengers Stage
Shawarma Place
E2F3F837-E63A-4BA3-A84B-A18165D276FE.jpeg

Just kidding

Sokovia
The whole stage could take place in a ruined city with Ultron’s minions all over the place. We could also get a cameo from Ultron. While the stage would be mostly based on the movie Age of Ultron, I think we could still have him in his comic book design.

Plus, this would be a good home stage for Scarlet Witch since that’s where she’s from
E131303F-8A2B-4620-BAE5-F582B5D19E84.jpeg

Street Fighter Stage
Taiping Road

B4BF917E-79BF-4326-B9DD-5663DCC21E33.jpeg

Yes, I do know someone has already submitted a Chun-Li stage, but I really think this would be different because it’s based on Street Fighter II, not Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Anyways, this is one of the most iconic stages in Street Fighter II, and let’s be real, we’re definitely gonna get Chun-Li in this game, so I think this would be a good stage for her.

Fighting System
Yeah I say 3v3 with the option to switch to 2v2 or 1v1 like in Dragon Ball FighterZ. The infinity stone gimmick should probably stay with Infinite though

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
AVENGERS Stage

New Avengers Facility

The new Headquarter for the Avengers after the defeat of Ultron, this place plays a major part in the Endgame movie where the time machine was constructed in order to retrieve the six infinite stone. The fight takes place on the platform of the time machine itself, the likes of Nebula, Hawkeye, Antman and Rocket Raccoon is present on the background where they will operate the computer where they will send the fighters on different location where the infinite stone was located like New York City on the New York Sanctum rooftop where we get a cameo from Ancient One, Vormir with a cameo of a cloaked Red Skull and many more.

STREET FIGHTER Stage

Ken's Stage (Street Fighter Alpha 2)

This stage is basically more of a place for relaxation rather than a place for fighting, which fits MvC with the cameo speak for itself (some character will be removed if they are already a playable character like Morrigan), they're will be an added character from the Marvel side of course like Star-Lord, Deadpool, Dazzler to name a few, basically characters that could hype up Ken's wife, Eliza's birthday party (depending on the situation the banner will change to fit with the current event)​

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
New Stage: Titan
Titan (Avengers: Infinity War) | Marvel background, Avengers, Marvel  cinematic universe

The location where Tony Stark, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, and most of the Guardians fight the Mad Titan, Thanos, in Avengers Infinity War. Occasionally, The Reality Stone briefly returns the stage to it's depiction when it was a healthy planet. If none of the characters in the Infinity War battle are being played as, they might also show up in the background.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #5

For Capcom Stage, I would opt for the Lair of the Four Kings (from Street Fighter V.) This stage is located with Shadaloo's base in which this features high-tech screens within both corners. There are four statues featured within the stage which depict the Four Kings of Shadaloo which include M. Bison, Vega, Balrog and FANG, although these can be replaced with characters associated with Capcom and Marvel villains. Maybe something like Albert Wesker, Dr. Doom, Gill and Thanos for example?

Job #6

I would easily opt for the 3v3 system as this is what makes the Marvel Vs Capcom franchise very special.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 5
Marvel

Golden Gate Bridge

This stage would be vaguely based off of The Avenger's game, this location was a big event in that game as the crux of the plot was started from here. the background would have a lot of destruction and a few mooks.

Capcom

Kanzuki Estate

Arguably the most pretty stage in Street Fighter V it has been used a lot because of that.

-------------
Job 6
3v3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Job 5

Marvel stage

The Raft

The Raft is a super villain prison run by SHIELD and is home to some of the nastier super villains in the universe. Frequent inmates include Purple Man, Grim Reaper, Hydro Man, Sauron, Vulture, Baron Zemo, Abomination, Tiger Shark, Leader, Crossbones and the Absorbing Man among many, many others.

Capcom

Volcanic Rim

From Street Fighter 4, the Volcanic Rim has become a fan favourite stage with a really popular theme song to go with it that's seen a fair amount of use since. The stage would spew lava whenever a character uses a Hyper Combo and would erupt upon a knock out.

Job 6

3v3

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay so I have an idea for something we could add: Character themes! In the Marvel vs Capcom games, whenever a character is sent out to fight, their theme starts to play. I think it’s a really nice attention to detail and it’s super iconic. So it’s only natural that some of the newcomers should get themes!

In the games, most of the time the Capcom themes are hyped-up remixes of the characters themes from the original games, so from now on I propose we submit those themes along with newcomers if we want to. Veteran characters would have their themes return, but to be honest I’m not sure what we will do with newcomer Marvel characters.

Does anyone like the idea, and if so which themes do you think we should include for the Capcom newcomers?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Okay so I have an idea for something we could add: Character themes! In the Marvel vs Capcom games, whenever a character is sent out to fight, their theme starts to play. I think it’s a really nice attention to detail and it’s super iconic. So it’s only natural that some of the newcomers should get themes!

In the games, most of the time the Capcom themes are hyped-up remixes of the characters themes from the original games, so from now on I propose we submit those themes along with newcomers if we want to. Veteran characters would have their themes return, but to be honest I’m not sure what we will do with newcomer Marvel characters.

Does anyone like the idea, and if so which themes do you think we should include for the Capcom newcomers?
WandaVision actually gave us a pretty good theme song for the Scarlet Witch. It would need remixed a bit, but it's a good base.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm not sure if this is intended to be brought up at some point down the line (not sure how the similar thread for Smash Bros. handled music), but Leon's Mercenaries theme from Resident Evil 4 seems like it would make a good fit for a Marvel vs. Capcom game, whether it's remixed or not. (I'm linking it to cut down on the amount of embedded videos on the page)

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 6:

Would be nice if we were able to choose between teams of 3 and teams of 2 on the character select screen, and automatically scale the HP of the characters depending on your choice. For example: If you pick a team of two, then both of your characters will simply each have a bit more HP compared to if you'd put them in a team of 3. Kinda what Skullgirls already does. I can also see this being the potential "gimmick" of this entry.

But if I have to ultimately choose between one or the other, then I'll pick 3v3. Cause that's Mahvel baby.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Job 6:

Allow me to suggest a bit of a third option.

There's something done in other team-based fighting games - Skullgirls comes to mind, though for something a little closer to home you could go with Capcom vs SNK 2 - wherein you can actually choose the size of your team: one character with a lot of HP, two characters with extra HP, or three characters with a normal amount of HP.

I think the benefits of a system like this go beyond just having more options for the player. I think it could also make the game more accessible. I mean, if you pick up Mahvel for the first time, you've gotta choose three characters and figure out how to play 'em. Only needing to learn one character is clearly easier to pick up, right?

What really appeals to me about this, though, is that this accessibility doesn't alienate fighting game vets like some other mechanics of this nature do. They can still play as three characters like they've always done. Or, heck, I'm sure there are loads who wouldn't mind playing as their best character for a whole match.

If that's not an option, gimme 3v3.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job 6:

Allow me to suggest a bit of a third option.

There's something done in other team-based fighting games - Skullgirls comes to mind, though for something a little closer to home you could go with Capcom vs SNK 2 - wherein you can actually choose the size of your team: one character with a lot of HP, two characters with extra HP, or three characters with a normal amount of HP.

I think the benefits of a system like this go beyond just having more options for the player. I think it could also make the game more accessible. I mean, if you pick up Mahvel for the first time, you've gotta choose three characters and figure out how to play 'em. Only needing to learn one character is clearly easier to pick up, right?

What really appeals to me about this, though, is that this accessibility doesn't alienate fighting game vets like some other mechanics of this nature do. They can still play as three characters like they've always done. Or, heck, I'm sure there are loads who wouldn't mind playing as their best character for a whole match.

If that's not an option, gimme 3v3.
why not increase it? This is MvC4, have the option for 4v4.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
why not increase it? This is MvC4, have the option for 4v4.
The original Capcom vs SNK did actually allow you to have teams of 4, which was honestly tons of fun. Though it should be noted that that game wasn't a tag-team-styled game. Rather KOF-styled, whereas you can't really call in assists and characters would only switch after defeat.

Capcom vs SNK 2 limited the teams back to 3 however, to resemble the original KOF games more. But hey, I can't see why not to include it back in for a tag-team based fighting game. But something would have to be asked then in that case, how would we map the buttons for the assists of 3 characters lol. We would have to keep in mind the buttons for swapping out each character as well.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #7: Submit a set of Special Moves or Hyper Combos for Nightcrawler

Much like Scarlet Witch, please submit a set of Special Moves (5 to 7) or a set of Hyper Combos (3) for the mutant, Nightcrawler. When constructing your moveset, please take a look at his availiable abilities both in the movies as well as comics. It also would be a good idea to also consider his video game appearances as well.

Nightcrawler is an “agile, acrobatic fighter that is the epitome of a hit-and-run fighter that can pressure his opponents with attacks before moving out of rescheduling nearly instantly.”

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job #7: Nightcrawler hyper combos

Swashbuckler (level 1): Nightcrawler lunges forward, slashing his opponent several times as he juggles his sword between his hands and his tail with ease while attacking. In concept, it's similar to Wolverine's Berserker Barrage, but with far more flair/acrobatics

Bamf Beatdown (level 1): Nightcrawler whistles and three Bamfs (little demons that resemble Nightcrawler) teleport onto Nightcrawler and leap forward. If they connect, they teleport around the opponent, punching/kicking/biting them from all angles as Nightcrawler teleports into the air and lands foot-first on the opponent's head. Once Nightcrawler lands on the enemy, the Bamfs jump off and teleport away, while Nightcrawler teleports back to his starting position. If they miss, they just land on the ground, sit up, and pout before teleporting away, while Nightcrawler looks shocked and then slaps his forehead.

Perimeter Breach (level 3): Nightcrawler leaps at the opponent, triggering a cinematic if he hits them. What follows is a series of attacks basically taken from the White House scene in X2, where Nightcrawler teleports around the opponent while flip-kicking them, smacking them with his tail, teleporting them into the air and dropping them, and throwing in a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku for good measure. He finishes off the combo by uppercutting the opponent to launch them into the air, teleporting after them, and kicking them away as he says "Auf Weidersen!" (goodbye/until we meet again)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be continuing forward and will be voting on the stages to appear in our MvC4. Please vote for your top three the following entries. We will be using Ranked Voting as before so please keep that your first choice gets more points.

MARVEL
Helicarrier Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Chronopolis Megadoomer Megadoomer
Sokovia Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
New Avengers Center Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Titan PeridotGX PeridotGX
Golden Gate Bridge cashregister9 cashregister9
The Raft Schnee117 Schnee117

Capcom
Beijing
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Air Force Base Megadoomer Megadoomer