• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Could you provide a bit of info on these two characters as some may not know who they are? Also, it also helps increase people’s interest and may influence them to vote for yours.
I've already edited my post to add more detail on the two characters as requested. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job 2:
Wolverine stage
  1. Genosha
  2. Xavier Mansion
Morrigan stage
  1. Deserted Chateau
  2. Iron Terror
Job 3:
New mutant: James Madrox aka Multiple Man from X-Factor
1615643652998.png
Jamie Madrox is a mutant with the ability to... well, multiply. Every time he's hit with enough force, he creates an identical physical copy of himself. While this makes him a one-man army, in practice, he frequently has trouble with getting his "dupes" to get any task done because they all have their unique personalities. While initially not much more than a joker character, Madrox eventually got his own miniseries and led the cult-favorite mutant team X-Factor Investigations. Aside from being a talented detective, he possesses all the experience his dupes collected over the years so he has an impressive library of skills including hand-to-hand combat, stealth techniques, gymnastic and anatomical knowledge.

As a fighter, Multiple Man would be a very unique character who can be everywhere at once. With the help of his dupes, he'd form human pyramids to reach flying foes, pile up on his opponents and double his hit rate and damage output temporarily. As a character, Madrox can be a bit of a dork who tries too hard to be a cynical noir detective but fails due to his eager personality and difficulties with making decisions. Some of his dupes include a lawyer, an actor, a priest, a SHIELD agent, and even a supervillain, so you know he'll have some interesting character interactions.

Notably, Multiple Man was also considered for MVC3 but ultimately scrapped due to the engine being unable to handle his character requiring multiple versions of himself on-screen at the same time. I think it would be a great opportunity to take advantage of stronger hardware and realize his rejected fighter concept, similar to how SSBU brought back character switching mechanics.

New FGC: Batsu Ichimonji from Rival Schools
1615646198988.png

Honestly, I don't have much to say about Batsu because he's such an obvious pick. He's a hot-blooded highschooler and the protagonist of Capcom's attempt at 2.5 fighting games Rival Schools. Even though the series was short-lived and obscure, Capcom clearly loves it and Batsu appeared in titles like Project X Zone and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and made a cameo in Iron Fist's story in UMVC3.

While his moveset wouldn't be much different from Ryu, it would be interesting to have a regular student who can act as a foil to Marvel's superpowered teen heroes and represent a Capcom fighting game other than Street Fighter and Darkstalkers.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Job 2 - stages

Marvel

1. Genosha
2. Krakoa

Capcom

1. Deserted Chateau
2. Iron Terror

Job 3 - A new mutant and SF character

Marvel - Kurt Wagner, better known as Nightcrawler

The son of Mystique and Azazel's affair, Kurt Wagner is an extraordinary mutant. Taking on a more demonic appearance, tail included, and boasting a powerful teleportation mutation he's a very tricky foe to face. Compounding this are his great acrobatic abilities that he honed from his time in the circus as well as his prowess in fencing making him an experienced swordfighter, in fact, he has often been depicted using two swords at times which furthers his combat ability.

Nightcrawler's teleportation leaves behind a haze of smoke that often carries the stench of brimstone, for his teleportation actually entails him sub-consciously traversing the Brimstone Dimension. He'd work as a character who can do many mix-ups on his opponent from using his tail and swords alongside his teleportation to confuse and overwhelm his foe. His ability to climb and stick to walls could also let him leverage the use of the corner.

Capcom - I'll resubmit Rashid from earlier, Megadoomer Megadoomer 's post was very solid about him
Capcom character: the turbulent wind, Rashid

Out of the newcomers for Street Fighter V, especially in the base game, Rashid seemed to be the most prominent. He had a fairly big involvement in the game's story mode, a fighting style that involves kicking out tornadoes (which seems like it would be more effective in MvC than it already is in Street Fighter, since so much emphasis is placed on aerial combos), and a pretty good theme song. Assuming that we're going to get a new Street Fighter character, he seems to have made the biggest impression on people, like with Crimson Viper for MvC3. (I could be wrong about that; I'm just going by what I've seen) Plus, seeing as he's already a fighting game character, his moves seem like they'd be pretty straightforward to transfer into Marvel vs. Capcom.

I was tempted to put an older Street Fighter character into here after realizing that he had never actually been included in any Marvel vs. Capcom game, but between him and Rashid, Rashid seemed like he'd be more fun. (or at least that his moveset would transfer to the over-the-top nature of Marvel vs. Capcom more easily)
I'll see to Scarlet Witch's moves soon

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
For the stage votes, I gave each category two different votes: the stage idea that makes the most sense, and the coolest one

Respectively:

1. X-Mansion
2. Krakoa

1. Deserted Chateau
2. London

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Mutant: Toad
0C6C46AC-D334-4C64-B7CA-DA8BDBFBA78A.jpeg

Toad is a villain and a mutant with the abilities of, well, a toad. He could attack with his long tongue, making him an easy zoner, who would move pretty fast.

Also, including a character from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants before Magneto could throw people off-guard before we eventually reveal Magneto (because let’s face it, we’re gonna have Magneto return)

Fighting Game Character: Juri

Juri is a character from Super Street Fighter IV, and acts as a villain in that game. Due to her iconic design and fun moveset she’s arguably become more popular than the villain of that game, Seth. She’s also been able to do things like make it into Project X Zone and act as the sole representative of Street Fighter IV in Smash.

She’s a very quick fighter who almost exclusively attacks with kicks. In MvC, she would attack very similarly to how she does in Super Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter V.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
X-Men stage:
1. Canadian Wilderness - if there has to be a Wolverine stage, then this is the most fitting. Wolverine isn't exactly a team player so as great as the other ideas are they're more fitting for the likes of Xavier or Cyclops.
2. Blackbird - out of the others this is the most appropriate for Wolverine, it's a traveling stage, he's a drifter, and the backdrop of the image even shows Alkali Lake. It wouldn't be far-fetched for it to be a destination.

Darkstalkers stage:
1. Deserted Chateau - the absolute no brainer choice for Morrigan's stage
2. London - I don't think any option comes close to the Deserted Chateau so I might as well vote for the prettiest stage. If I'm not allowed to vote for my own then just ignore this vote.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 2
1. Krakoa
2. Xavier Mansion

1. Deserted Chateau
2. London

---------------------------------------------------------

Job 3

Marvel

Shadowcat

Katherine "Shadowcat" Pryde is a member of the X-men and she is one of the more popular members mainly due to her appearance in the 90's Cartoon. Kitty Pryde once apart of the X-men became good friends with several members of the X-men and even became Wolverines student. Shadowcat has the unique ability of being able to phase through anything, She also has a gun that can shoot elemental bullets, She can also use Lockheed, her dragon pet, Lockheed has all of the standard Dragon powers like flight and fire breath.

Capcom

Rose

Rose is a character from Street Fighter who first appeared in Street Fighter Alpha Series and a few other games like SF IV and she is DLC in Street Fighter V. Her moveset is all about Soul Power which is similar to M. Bison's Psycho Power, as a result her gameplay is about Pacing and Ranged attacks.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Marvel fighter: Professor X

Charles Xavier, AKA Professor X, is a powerful telepath, mutant, and the founder and mentor of both Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and a little group called the X-Men. He is considered the most powerful telepath on Earth, and a diplomatic and strategic genius who has led the X-Men for decades and even been one of the members of the Illuminati. As a telepath, his powers aren't exactly the best suited for combat, so a moveset for him would rely moreso on using illusions to hide himself and feign attacks, and also causing status effects, using psionic blasts to attack and shield himself, and even briefly controlling the opponent. His playstyle would center on mind games and faking out the opponent as much as it would on actually hurting them.

Aside from Onslaught, which is a fusion of him and Magneto, Xavier has never been playable in an MvC game, which I find strange considering how important he is to the X-Men and Marvel canon. His non-offensive powerset and pacifist personality, combined with being wheelchair bound, might have made it difficult to come up with a moveset, but I think it can be done and it's high time the Professor got a chance to show all these kids who the master is.

Capcom fighter: Edward Falcon

All these 2D fighters are neat and all, but what we really need is a character from a 3D fighter. Enter Falcon, adventurer extraordinaire, captain of the Hockenheim, and seeker of the mythical Power Stones. As the main character of Power Stone, he fits the stereotype of the all-rounder, but he has a few attributes that make him stand out. His fighting style is modeled after boxing rather than martial arts, and he can use moves like the Power Missile (literally firing missiles from his hands) and Power Hurricane (a rising upper that engulfs him in flame). Falcon could even take mechanics native to Power Stone with him; in Power Stone, the titular Stones spawn during fights, and if three are collected, the fighter will transform into a super form that grants access to more powerful moves. In Falcon's case, his Power Change is called the Red Whirlwind, where he dons what appears to be some kind of steampunk power armor (pictured below).

The case for Edward Falcon is simple: he's a cool guy who loves adventure and doesn't let anything get in the way (want proof? The only reason he even gets involved in the story of Power Stone 2 is because he got bored and decided to head to an ominous flying castle to entertain himself). Other than that, Falcon would make for a welcome contrast with the four realistic Capcom fighters he'd be shown off with, and would assuage fears that the roster wouldn't have varied body types. And finally, Power Stone is getting remade soon so he would even be relevant depending on when this hypothetical game comes out! There's no downside to having him, so vote Captain Edward Falcon!

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Marvel fighter: Professor X

Charles Xavier, AKA Professor X, is a powerful telepath, mutant, and the founder and mentor of both Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and a little group called the X-Men. He is considered the most powerful telepath on Earth, and a diplomatic and strategic genius who has led the X-Men for decades and even been one of the members of the Illuminati. As a telepath, his powers aren't exactly the best suited for combat, so a moveset for him would rely moreso on using illusions to hide himself and feign attacks, and also causing status effects, using psionic blasts to attack and shield himself, and even briefly controlling the opponent. His playstyle would center on mind games and faking out the opponent as much as it would on actually hurting them.

Aside from Onslaught, which is a fusion of him and Magneto, Xavier has never been playable in an MvC game, which I find strange considering how important he is to the X-Men and Marvel canon. His non-offensive powerset and pacifist personality, combined with being wheelchair bound, might have made it difficult to come up with a moveset, but I think it can be done and it's high time the Professor got a chance to show all these kids who the master is.

Capcom fighter: Edward Falcon

All these 2D fighters are neat and all, but what we really need is a character from a 3D fighter. Enter Falcon, adventurer extraordinaire, captain of the Hockenheim, and seeker of the mythical Power Stones. As the main character of Power Stone, he fits the stereotype of the all-rounder, but he has a few attributes that make him stand out. His fighting style is modeled after boxing rather than martial arts, and he can use moves like the Power Missile (literally firing missiles from his hands) and Power Hurricane (a rising upper that engulfs him in flame). Falcon could even take mechanics native to Power Stone with him; in Power Stone, the titular Stones spawn during fights, and if three are collected, the fighter will transform into a super form that grants access to more powerful moves. In Falcon's case, his Power Change is called the Red Whirlwind, where he dons what appears to be some kind of steampunk power armor (pictured below).

The case for Edward Falcon is simple: he's a cool guy who loves adventure and doesn't let anything get in the way (want proof? The only reason he even gets involved in the story of Power Stone 2 is because he got bored and decided to head to an ominous flying castle to entertain himself). Other than that, Falcon would make for a welcome contrast with the four realistic Capcom fighters he'd be shown off with, and would assuage fears that the roster wouldn't have varied body types. And finally, Power Stone is getting remade soon so he would even be relevant depending on when this hypothetical game comes out! There's no downside to having him, so vote Captain Edward Falcon!
first you submit Power Stone for the sequel project and now you submit Falcon for the MvC4 project?

Have my ****ing follow dude, you deserve it

Anyway, I do have a potential new Mutant in mind, but I'm kinda on the fence about submitting them due to an admittedly super trivial reason. Tho they're prominent enough of a character that someone else will probably come up with them anyway so 🤷

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Marvel: Mystique
1615653613030.png

One of the X-Men's key villains, Raven Darkhölme AKA Mystique is most notably a shapeshifter, which I think could make for an interesting kit. She also could use other weapons and basic fighting skills to diversify things a bit.

I feel like we could use a villain character to reveal the game with and I think Mystique would be an ideal choice. Plus I think her shape-shifting abilities could bring some fun stuff to the table.

Capcom: Blanka (Street Fighter)
1615668915592.png

One of only a handful of the Street Fighter II crew to never be playable in a Marvel vs game (Not even the ones where the Capcom side was solely Street Fighter focused), Blanka has definitely made a name for himself to the point I think he wouldn't be too out of the question when it comes to another SF character. Plus, there's an obvious rivalry you can do with him and the Hulk assuming we bring him back too.

Here in MvC, Blanka would likely play almost 1-1 like he did in Street Fighter, bringing with him his signature electric abilities and and beastly attacks.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 3

Mutant character: Jubilee

Jubilee (#435) – FiGPiN

Jubilee is a mutant with the ability to fire pyrotechnic energy blasts from her hands. She was one of the main cast members of the popular 90s X-Men cartoon, which is where much of her popularity originates from, and has also made cameos in some of the live action films. She was also an assist character in the original MvC and it would be great to see her finally upgraded to a full playable role for the first time.

Fighting game character: Makoto

5 characters that could join the roster in Street Fighter V: Champion  Edition Season V

Taken straight from the Street Fighter character popularity poll done for the 30th Anniversary, Makoto is the most popular character ranked on the poll that isn't already a veteran. Makoto is a student of Rindo-kan, as such, her style is boisterous and aggressive (much like Makoto herself), characterized by powerful punches and kicks, as well as formidable karate techniques such as chops and throws.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
...Aaaaand I was right on the money that someone else would submit Mystique anyway

So, for my Capcom character, even with Falcon already taken, there were still a lot of great options from various series, but ultimately, I felt like I had to go with...

Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
darkstalkers_resurrection_jon_talbain_01.png

To sum his backstory up extremely quick: Jon Talbain is an English werewolf who subjected himself to intense training after being outcast from society.

In terms of fighting, Jon differentiates himself from most werewolf characters in media by going for the "martial artist" style instead of the "berserker" archetype, with things like kicks, ki attacks and nunchaku. In short, as TVTropes put it: if Bruce Lee were a werewolf, he'd be Jon Talbain.

Why should we include him? Well, first of all, again, he's a mother****ing kung-fu werewolf. Also, for some reason he just never gets anything despite probably being the most popular male Darkstalker. And he almost would have made it into UMvC3 were it not for certain outside circumstances shortening the roster. Frankly I think it's time we give this man his chance in the spotlight!

Sorry if this post seems a little rushed btw

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Mutant: Quicksilver
BDAFCC7E-84FA-4A87-BF96-27F7F48FB1FB.png
Quicksilver (AKA Pietro Maximoff) is a mutant with the power. Quicksilver is the brother of Scarlet Witch and the son of Magneto. He has also been a hero and a villain in the comics. He has joined many teams over the years, the Brotherhood of Mutants to the Avengers. Quicksilver has also made tons of appearances in Movies and TV Shows over the years. Quicksilver would use his speed for his attacks.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the two new stages!

Marvel

Xavier Mansion Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 9

Krakoa GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 9

Canadian Wilderness evanwoo10 evanwoo10 4

Blackbird Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 1

Genosha Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 7

Capcom

Deserted Chateau Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 17

London GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 9

Underworld dezeray112 dezeray112 2

Iron Terror Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 2

Sasquatch Village Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

We will be holding a tie breaker to decide which one to go with in the above poll.

Nevwrmind, it seems I can’t change the poll as I don’t have mod privledges in this section. Please go to this Strawpoll to decide

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright gang, would y'all be down if I made a Discord for this project like the one we have for Smash Infinite

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job #4: Scarlet Witch hyper combos

Hex Sphere (level 1): Wanda fires ten Hex Spheres forward - they move in a consistent pattern every time that you use the special, but with their heights being different and them being launched at different times, it seems random at first glance.

Probability Field (level 1): a large glyph appears beneath Wanda's feet (it covers about 2/3 of the floor if Wanda's in the middle of the screen, and Wanda's in the center of it), causing whoever's caught in it to suffer from a series of random effects. Wanda randomly gains one of the positive effects from the Infinity Gems in Marvel Super Heroes temporarily (moves deal more damage, health gradually refills for a short time, special gauge gradually refills for a short period of time, increased movement speed, attacks fire small projectiles, or super armour), while if an opponent is caught in it, they suffer from a negative status effect temporarily (decreased movement speed, weaker attacks, poisoned, special gauge drains, decreased defense). Each player can only have one of these effects at a time - using it again immediately removes the previous effect.

Decimation (level 3): Wanda summons a large, slow-moving Hex Sphere, which draws the opponent into it like a vacuum (she did something similar to stop a shout from Black Bolt). If the opponent touches the Hex Sphere, a cinematic starts. The opponent is sent to a pitch black area where they look around in shock before being bound up by the Scarlet Witch's magic and lifted off of the ground. Dozens of hex spheres launch towards the opponent from all angles as Wanda walks out from the shadows. While the opponent is stunned from all of this, the camera zooms in on Wanda, who has a red aura around her. She utters "No more..." and the black background shatters like glass, revealing a white light as the characters as thrown back into reality. The wave of white light travels towards the opponent until it engulfs them, dealing more damage than the hex spheres.

Hopefully these are all right - I based it on a respect thread that I found for Wanda and her moves from the game Avengers Alliance, though for the cinematic super, it was an original concept since nothing in the Respect Thread seemed to scream "big cinematic super" for me. (though it's based on concepts like Wanda's reality warping and her fight with Thanos in Endgame)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nezt, let’s vote on the last of our reveal trailer newcomers! As a reminder, the Marvel rep will be a Mutant and the Capcom rep from one of the fighting games. Please vote for the top three you think that you being the most hype as the last revealed fighters for the trailer. This is Ranked Voting so your first choice gets 3 points. Please avoid voting for your own. We are voting three per category so six total.

Marvel

Apocalypse
Megadoomer Megadoomer
Magik dezeray112 dezeray112
Multiple Man osby osby
Nightcrawler Schnee117 Schnee117
Toad Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Shadowcat cashregister9 cashregister9
Professor X GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Mystique Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Jubilee Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Quicksilver evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Capcom

Sagat
Megadoomer Megadoomer
Akira Kazama dezeray112 dezeray112
Devilotte Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Batsu Ichimonji osby osby
Rashid (originally posted by Megadoomer Megadoomer , put forth by Schnee117 Schnee117 )
Juri Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Rose cashregister9 cashregister9
Edward Falcon GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Blanka Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Makoto Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Jon Tailbane Speed Weed Speed Weed

Holy ****, Batman. That was a lot of characters. I thought we would get maybe five max. I’m impressed!

Wr are also allowing submissions for the Scarlet Witch moveset with specials and Hyper Combos. Please submit one of these categories but not both.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Marvel
1. Nightcrawler
2. Shadowcat
3. Apocalypse

Was close to voting Quicksilver and Magik, but I felt they clashed a bit with Scarlett Witch for entirely separate reasons

Capcom
1. Akira Kazama
2. Edward Falcon
3. Rashid

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Marvel:

1. Nightcrawler
2. Mystique
3. Magik

Capcom:

1. Jon Talbain
2. Juri Han
3. Akira Kazama

(originally had Rashid at number 2, so I figured I should edit this to make it easier to keep track of)

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
God this is an extremely solid selection

Mahvel:
  1. Mystique
  2. Nightcrawler
  3. Quicksilver
Capcom:
  1. Akira Kazama
  2. Batsu Ichimonji
  3. Makoto

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Marvel

1. Nightcrawler
2. Toad
3. Mystique

Capcom

1. Rashid
2. Edward Falcon
3. Juri

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Mutants

1. Nightcrawler
2. Mystique
3. uhhhhh Apocalypse I guess

FGC

1. Edward Falcon
2. Akira Kazama
3. Juri

Shoutouts to Devilotte, who I think would be great but Juri gives me more "early reveal" vibes than her

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Marvel:

1. Nightcrawler
2. Mystique
3. Magik

Capcom:

1. Jon Talbain
2. Rashid (does this count as not being mine if I'm not the one who brought him up this time?)
3. Juri

If me voting for Rashid is an issue, then I'll bump Juri up to number 2 and put Akira Kazama as number 3.
Since your name is attached to it, then yeah, it would be. Inside red voting for your own. Sorry, Doomer :(

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Scarlet Witch Special Moveset

Hex Bind: She fires off a red-colored ring which splits into 3 and ncutxkesctge opponent upon contact. They then split into three and binds the opponent momentarily before stopping.
Shadow Hex: She fires off a red and purple colored projectile. Inputting the Heavy buttons allows for more projectiles appear. Once the attack takes affect, these projectiles will circle about the enemy until they crash.
Witch Pause: She performs a pose which causes the opponent’s movesets to be slowed didnt slightly.
Hex Trap:
Sge places a hex trap on the ground. Stepping on it causes a blast of hex energy.
Hex Bolt: She slightly reduces the overall stars by .8%. If danage further, it can go all the way to 1.7%.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Marvel:
1. Toad (freaking love this character and I have no clue why)
2. Professor X (would be a funny character because chair)
3. Nightcrawler (kind of an X-Men staple, weird he's not in MvC yet)

Capcom:
1. Edward Falcon (he seems really cool and I'd like to have more lesser-known Capcom series represented)
2. Blanka (it would be awesome to see this guy go head to head with the Hulk)
3. Batsu (he seems neat is all)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Scarlet Witch Special Moves

1. Hex Bolt - a simple projectile not unlike a Hadouken or Soul Fist, heavy fires a second blast

2. Chaos Beam - a beam that applies a random debuff like reversing movement controls or slowing movement for a few seconds, causing the foe to spontaneously combust a short while later, causing the foe to take minor damage over time for a few seconds, draining the foe's super meter or disabling special moves. A Heavy input can amplify the debuffs.

3. Hex Launcher - A burst of energy that covers a short range that launches the opponent into the air, the heavy version has more range but leaves her wide open

4. Hex Trap - A Hex trap is placed on the ground, the heavy version also applies a damage debuff where the foe will deal less and take more damage for a short while

5. Hex Crush - A command grab of sorts that lifts the foe and crushes them, a heavy version will also lift rubble and launch those at the foe to deal more damage

6. Flight - Scarlet Witch is able to fly around the arena, can be used for more advanced combos

Newcomer vote:

Marvel

1. Magik
2. Quicksilver
3. Professor X

Capcom

1. Jon Talbain
2. Sagat
3. Akira Kazama

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And despite only one person showing any interest, here it is: a server for this project, like the one we have for Smash Infinite

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Marvel

1. Nightcrawler - He's a member of the most iconic incarnation of the X-Men, he has a powerset that's tailor-made for a 2D fighter, how has he not been in MvC yet?
2. Multiple Man - I'm interested in the gimmick of having him clone himself, that could be very technical or OP but it would at the very least be a one-of-a-kind character.
3. Apocalypse - It makes sense to reveal a villain early on, especially if he's the story mode villain.

Capcom

1. Rashid - I was very surprised that he didn't make it into Infinite. He's clearly the breakout character from V and has a cool moveset and fun personality.
2. Juri - I get why Crimson Viper got in MvC3 over her but she's a mainstay in SF now so she's a no-brainer. Plus, like Apocalypse, villains!
3. Batsu - This was between him and Talbain. I find Talbain to be a lot more interesting as a fighter, and he might bring that cool London stage some swell guy proposed earlier. But to announce the game with two Darkstalkers characters would be kinda weird. Batsu adds a new franchise so he works as an announcement character. I also considered Akira but since she's in SFV we might as well go for something different here.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Marvel
1. Nightcrawler - X men staple
2. Quicksilver - I can imagine a fun moveset
3. Professor X - funny chair

Capcom
Going to abstain since I've literally only heard of Sagat and Blanka before

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium