• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone. I totally forgot to add about not voting for your own submission. I apologize for this and, if you can, please change your votes to reflect this. I apologize for forgetting this important part.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Marvel:

1. Ms. Marvel
2. Loki
3. Miles Morales

Capcom:

1. Leon Kennedy
2. Lady
3. Asura

I found the top two for both easy to decide on, but my choice for number three was tougher.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Marvel
1. Squirrel Girl - Like I said she's my favorite Marvel character ever.
2. Daredevil - Self explanatory
3. Miles Morales - Spider-Verse alone makes me vote for this. I think it would be cool if we had Miles as our only Spiderman, I know it would be controversial and they can definitely coexist moveset-wise but it'd give Miles his own chance to shine as Spiderman, no asterisks (Peter can always be DLC)

Capcom
1. Leon Kennedy - MvC2 gave us Jill, MvC3 gave us Chris, I thought Leon was a shoe-in for Infinite but if we're making the "real" MvC4 he's a no-brainer.
2. Regina - Self explanatory
3. Nero - He's cemented himself as the new hero of DMC. He's rad as ****, he allows us to play Devil Trigger in the reveal, he has a robot arm, what's not to like?

I found the top two for both easy to decide on, but my choice for number three was tougher.
Same, I had like 5 contenders for each "final slot". Goes to show the quality of submissions!

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Marvel:
  1. Thing: I like Things, and Thing is a Thing, and there's nothing that can out thing the orange king, Thing.
  2. Miles Morales: My favorite Spider-Man, even though I don't really know that many and aren't too associated with Spider-Man lore, I think there's like a thousand of them, for every Batman there's a Spider-Man, but still love Miles.
  3. Ant-Man: Ants are picnicruiningtastical, and that has a "-tastical" at the end, so it must be good
Cap.com/
  1. Dr. Willy: I don't have anything "witty" or "funny" to say, it's just Dr. Willy.
  2. Asura: Seems angry, maybe getting him in a fighting game will help calm his nerves
  3. Devilotte: Don't know much about her or the series, from what I vaguely remember and not even sure if it's right, she plays a role similar to Team Rockets Jesse and James. Either way she seems cool.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Devilotte: Don't know much about her or the series, from what I vaguely remember and not even sure if it's right, she plays a role similar to Team Rockets Jesse and James. Either way she seems cool.
Well, their role more accurately similar to the Doronbo Gang from Yatterman made by Tatsunoko according to the dev, though they pretty much predates Team Rocket's brand of comedic villain team.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a question: Would characters get another chance if they weren’t voted for now? I would like to see Orochi and Dr. Wily playable but I didn’t vote for them now because I don’t think it would make sense to reveal them at the announcement, so I’m just wondering if they would still be able to get in
Yes, previously submitted characters can be submitted again. We will have specific prompts that can help bring in particular characters; especially those who seem to be rather popular while also giving a chance for outliers and not so popular ones a chance too.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Marvel

1. Ms Marvel - Ms Marvel not only establishes Inhumans and having younger Marvel characters on the roster but she also alleviates some concerns of diversity early on.

2. Loki - establishing a brand new villain character early on, especially one as popular as Loki, is a surefire way to get people excited

3. Scarlet Witch - a second character so closely tied to mutants (in spite of all the **** that happened in the comics) would be a great way to make up for the lack of them in MvC:I

Capcom

1. Nero - Nero is a massively popular Capcom character and plays a major role in DMC4 and even bigger in 5. His skill set is perfect for captivating more people to the game.

2. Asura - He's been a much anticipated character for years now.

3. Rashid - Rashid is an extremely popular newcomer to Street Fighter V and lends himself really well to MvC. He also helps provide roster diversity.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Marvel side:
  1. Scarlet Witch
  2. Ms. Marvel
  3. Falcon
Capcom side:
  1. Regina
  2. Asura
  3. Nero

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Daredevil (while not the most hype inducing superhero out there, having him included from the start feels like an appropriate direction to take for the new game as it shows that characters with unique movesets can be viable)
2. Scarlet Witch (At this point, its not if she can be included but it’s when. Her inclusion seems great as a newcomer introduction)
1. Ant Man (I was quite sad to see he wasn’t in MvCI)

1. Leon Kennedy (his inclusion would be hilarious right off the bad as it’s not Chris or Nemesis but an entirely new RE rep. I would love to see people react to this inclusion. Even better if the reveal trailer seems zombies being blasted so everyone thinks it’s Chris)
2. Date Marusame (Yet another character who has been largely absent from Capcom crossover games who seems perfect for the role. While I personally prefer Yukimura, Date is the face of the series.)
1. Unknown Soldier (Pure lols at the wtf faces when this unknown soldier pops up lol. Perfect foil for Winter Soldier.)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Marvel
1. Loki
2. Green Goblin
3. Miles Morales

Capcom
1. Leon Kennedy
2. Dr. Wily
3. Nero

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #2: Submit Two Stages from Marvel and Capcom

For this next job, we will begin submitting stages from both Marvel and Capcom. We will be sitting a single stage from both companies. While I would love to open it up being any stage, it’s going to be limited for now.

Please submit a stage from Darkstalkers to represent Morrigan and from the X-Men franchise to represent Wolverine.

Please provide an explanation how this stage would look and why it deserves to be included. Please avoid submitting a veteran stage. This includes the Danger Room, Days of Future Past, Live House of the Dark Realm, and Shadowland.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
X-Men stage: X Mansion

Couldn’t really find any pictures inside the mansion that show the whole layout, but whatever)

Anyways, it would take place inside the mansion in a sort of “great hall.” You can get a view of different classrooms, and mutants studying. It would also be a good way to get cameo appearances from different X-Men who might not make it in.

I think this definitely deserves to be a stage in MvC 4, because it’s the most recurring location in X-Men, and is super iconic. It definitely deserves special treatment.

Darkstalkers stage: Deserted Chateau

52232B7D-1B33-4C24-8740-77477E89AD5A.jpeg

It’s Morrigan’s stage so I think it makes sense to include this one. Not only is it iconic to the series, it also has a really good atmosphere, so I think it would be good make it in HD but to keep the new look as close as possible to the way it originally looked (except not in pixels of course)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
X-Men stage: Krakoa

A mysterious, alien looking island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and also the name of the mutant nation founded on it by one Professor X. Krakoa is an island full of colorful flora with incredible properties such as creating portal-like "gates", and its stunning vistas make for great backdrops to a good ol' fight. Like X Manor, it works as a "home base" stage for all the X-Men, while at the same time favoring a more recent incarnation and being more exotic.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
X-Men Stage: Canadian Wilderness
DC899463-6031-4F4C-A377-CC4BC0564442.jpeg

I picked this stage, because it could represent the moment when Wolverine escaped the Weapon X Facility. This stage would be a dark snowing forest set in Canada. Wild animals (ex. wolves, deers, owls) and Weapon X drones could pass by in the background, walking/flying or watching. There is also one character cameo idea, the Wendigo. The Wendigo would be dashing, howling, and getting closer. When it gets too noticeable on the stage, it will quickly disappear and won’t come back.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Darkstalkers stage: London

As the name suggests, this stage is set in a London street at night. It's Jon Talbain's home stage. Honestly if the stage is supposed to be Morrigan's home stage then the best choice is... her original home stage, but might as well propose an alternate for the sake of having one. I always liked the atmosphere of this stage, it's beautifully sprited and reminds me of the classic black & white Universal horror movies. As a catch-all Darkstalkers stage I think it works quite well.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
X-Men Stage

X-Jet Blackbird

Not dissimilar to stages like Corneria in Smash, or the Shield Helicarrier from Marvel vs Capcom 3, this stage will take place in the sky, with fighters fighting on top of the iconic jet the X-Men take to different missions in multiple different incarnations across comics, games, shows, and films. As time passes over several minutes, there will be a day/night cycle that will change the background from day to night back to day again, etc.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Darkstalkers Stage: Underworld from Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam.

Other than "Deserted Chateau", I would have opted for either "War Agony" from Darkstalkers 3 or the Hellstrom stage from Darkstalkers 1 & Night Warriors.

But my primary choice would be the "Underworld" stage from Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam as its got a dark, mysterious and twisty vibe which really fits the theme of the Darkstalkers franchise.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Voting for the MvC newcomer will continue for three-four more hours. Voting will then be closed and votes will be tallied. The stage submissions will continue for another 12 hours.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have our results from voting for our first newcomer! Joining from Marvel and Capcom is...

Marvel
Loki
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 20
Scarlet Witch @cashregister9 27
Squirrel Girl CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 10
Mister Fantastic @Smashing Ramen 0
Green Goblin Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 2
Miles Morales Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 14
Falcon Schnee117 Schnee117 1
Ms. Marvel @Janx_uwu 20
Ant Man dezeray112 dezeray112 5
Doctor Octopus ahemtoday ahemtoday 1
Thing Megadoomer Megadoomer 6
Daredevil GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 8

Capcom
Asura Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 15
Nero @cashregister9 16
Leon Kennedy CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 34
Dr. Wily @Smashing Ramen 16
Unknown Soldier Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 1
Devilotte Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 4
Lady Schnee117 Schnee117 3
Proto Man @Janx_uwu 8
Date Marusame dezeray112 dezeray112 5
Orochi ahemtoday ahemtoday 0
Rashid Megadoomer Megadoomer 3
Regina GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 10

Leon and Scarlet Witch will be joining the roster and will be in the reveal trailer! The front page will be updated later today or tomorrow. We will start on the next newcomer prompt in 12 hours along with voting for the stages.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Squirrel Girl scoring so high gives me hope that it'll be her time soon. Expect her to be proposed for every prompt she makes sense for.

And congratulations to the winners! Quite a fitting duo, now that I think about it.
Both of them in the midst of starring in their own streaming TV shows, one about to start, one just finishing.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will begin also submitting the next duo but the prompt will be slightly different compared to the first one.

Second, we will also be adding super moves and hyper combos in a submission/voting format that will feel a bit like the Smash Infinite Project but with a few notable differences to better fit with MvC.

Our current timeline for our reveal trailer is

-submit our final duo characters
-vote on our current set of X-Men/Darkstalkers stage
-work on our current set of newcomers with their super moves and hyper combos
-add two more stages from a franchise that’s now in the game
- decide on the name

From there, we will add general content in the same vain as character reveals and event trailers

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Marvel Stage: Genosha

Genosha is the adopted nation for Mutants that lies in the Indian Ocean. It originally obtained its wealth through mutant slavery but, after a revolt, the island was embroiled in a civil war. The mutant known as Magneto managed to convince the United Nations to cede the island to him in order to create a more peaceful nation composed only of Mutants. This stage could be centered on during his peaceful reign, during the civil war period which saw the human strongholds to fight back, or its onslaught by the Wild Sentinels.

Capcom Stage: Sasquatch Village

Also known as Canada or Glacial Valley, this is the home stage of the creature known as Sasquatch. This frigid village deep in the Canadian wilderness is full of friendly Sasquatch. At some point in time, the village became emptied by some dark unknown force but the efforts of Sasquatch brought the villagers back. We lack an iced/rocky stage so perhaps this would be a good direction to go.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please vote for only two this time around so four votes total. We will apply ranked voting with your first choice getting two points and your second choice just getting one point.

Marvel

Xavier Mansion
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Krakoa GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Canadian Wilderness evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Blackbird Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Genosha Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Capcom

Deserted Chateau
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
London GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Underworld dezeray112 dezeray112
Iron Terror Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Sasquatch Village Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Job #3: Please Submit a Mutant character for the Marvel side and a Fighting game character from Capcom’s side

Seeing as how we are adding both X-men related content after absent in MvCI, I think introducing a second mutant character to be extremely fitting. So far, we have Wolverine but introducing a second new Mutant character along with our new X-Men inspired stage would be pretty hype for fans. As for the Capcom rep, we will be reaching into the vast library of Capcom’s fighting games to pull out a character. This includes characters from Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Star Gladiator, Red Earth, and even the Versus series. Despite Final Fight’s influence in FGC, it’s not actually a fighting game so it can’t be included. Characters like Ingrid are also permissible.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Seeing as how we are adding both X-men related content after absent in MvCI, I think introducing a second mutant character to be extremely fitting. So far, we have Wolverine but introducing a second new Mutant character along with our new X-Men inspired stage would be pretty hype for fans. As for the Capcom rep, we will be reaching into the vast library of Capcom’s fighting games to pull out a character. This includes characters from Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Star Gladiator, Red Earth, and even the Versus series. Despite Final Fight’s influence in FGC, it’s not actually a fighting game so it can’t be included. Characters like Ingrid are also permissible.
Just to be clear, it's still only newcomers we can submit, right?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job #2 voting: stage for Wolverine and Morrigan

Marvel:

1. Xavier Mansion
2. Krakoa

Capcom:

1. Deserted Chateau
2. London

Job #3: new mutant and new fighting game character

Marvel: the First Mutant, APOCALYPSE

This one feels like a gray area - Apocalypse isn't new to the Versus series (he was the final boss in X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter), but he's never been playable. Still, there's more to Apocalypse than just growing huge (though that could work for a level 3) - he has telekinesis, shape-shifting, energy blasts and absorption, and teleportation, among many other abilities.

There's a lot to work with for a fighting game character, and his interactions would be entertaining given how over-the-top you seemingly need to be in order to voice Apocalypse.

Capcom: the Emperor of Muay Thai, SAGAT

I don't want to repeat myself by picking Rashid again immediately after picking him for the previous job (though obviously, that doesn't stop anyone else from picking him). Sagat has been part of the Street Fighter series since the very first game, and yet he hasn't made it into a single Marvel vs. Capcom game (not even Marvel vs. Capcom 2).

While he's overshadowed by M. Bison (partially because of Bison being the main villain of Street Fighter 2, Alpha, and 5, and partially because of the sheer amount of memes that Bison's generated), Sagat's left a mark on anyone who's played Street Fighter for his relentless barrage of Tiger Shots, to the point where an unlockable version of Sagat (where he's faster but doesn't have a super move) is outright banned in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. He's an intimidating figure, he has a strong connection to Ryu (where they gradually went from bitter rivals to considering each other worthy opponents), and he hasn't been in any Marvel vs. Capcom game despite his legacy in the Street Fighter series.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just to be clear, it's still only newcomers we can submit, right?
Yes, that’s correct. We are introducing four newcomers in the reveal trailer. You may resubmit a character you submitted previously as long as it fulfills the criteria.

Job #4: Submit Special Moves or Hyper Combos for Scarlet Witch

This is when we start fleshing out the character and how they play. For a brush up on MvC mechanics, please take a look at these videos:

Please submit either a set of Specials Moves or a set of Hyper Combos with a description of the attacks for either set. Please don’t do both as we will be voting separately on them.

For Special Moves, please include anywhere from four to six moves including a launcher attack. The launcher attack will catapult the opponent into the air.

For Hyper Combos, please include three total Hyper Combos. Please be more descriptive of these attacks as they usually have a bit more substance to them. This is particularly true for the Lvl 3 Hyper Combo as it will be a cinematic

In the Smash Infinite project, we tend to also submit how the character plays and any sort of gimmick. This will be also implemented later on but for now, I think it’s ok to assume that Scarlet Witch is a “magic user who uses various spells and hexes for zoning, nerfing the opponent, set ups, and traps.”

Please construct your moves around this idea for the character. Also, we aren’t doing things like taunts, win quotes, and such yet so please save those for later.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #2:

Marvel:

1. Krakoa
2. Genosha

Capcom:

1. London
2. Deserted Chateau

Job #3:

New Mutant Charater: Magik

Magik aka Illyana Rasputina is a mutant and the younger sibling of Piotr aka Colossus. She yields a combination of sorcery and "stepping discs" abilities which enables her to teleport through time and space. She also yields an Eldritch armour (in the comics) and a Soulsword which she created during her time in the Limbo dimension.

New Capcom Fighting Game Character: Akira Kazama

Akira is one of the popular characters within Rival Schools. In the games, she disguised herself as a boy with a biker's helmet to cover her entire face to enter Gedo High to find her missing older brother Daigo where she teamed up with Edge and Gan. She rescued her brother was brainwashed by Justice High and after Hyo's demise, she revealed her true identity to Gan and Edge that she was a girl.

Akira's fight style is based upon Baijiquan with a combination of Taikyoku-ken and Tai-chi-chuan.

In addition, she is set to make her long awaited fighting game return as one of the characters within the final season pass of Street Fighter V. Funnily enough, she was once considered for Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite, but was rejected in the end according to Matt Edwards of Capcom UK.

EDIT: I do admit that I do have a lot of Capcom Fighting Game candidates on my list which I had in mind which include Biff Slamkovich from Saturday Night Slam Masters, another Darkstalkers character or June Lin Milliam from Star Gladiator. But I picked Akira because she is one of the characters who I requested for quite a while.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #2:

Marvel:

1. Krakoa
2. Genosha

Capcom:

1. London
2. Deserted Chateau

Job #3:

New Mutant Charater: Magik

New Capcom Fighting Game Character: Akira Kazama
Could you provide a bit of info on these two characters as some may not know who they are? Also, it also helps increase people’s interest and may influence them to vote for yours.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Job 2
REPOST!

Devilotte (First Appearance: Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness)

Devilotte weirdly has been pushed by Capcom a lot to the spotlight and is pretty much going to be a spiritual successor to Morrigan with her recent appearance in the promotional art for the recently released Capcom Arcade Stadium and even surpassing or even replacing Jin Saotome as the series mascot/representative despite being just an assist in every game she's in outside of Puzzle Fighter, what a twist! In any case she's probably going to work similarly to Jin by calling in her mech, S-008 SUPER-8, attacking enemies with missiles, lasers and penetrating them with their tentacle, she can also rely on her 2 servants as an additional attack or as one of her Super.​

Ran out of idea for a mutant character and also I'm not really familiar with X-Men

Last edited:
Top Bottom