• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

K'un-Lun
The mystical home of the immortal Iron Fist. K'un-Lun exists in a pocket dimension hidden in the Tibetan mountains. Takes place in the hidden city, various monks appear and Iron Fist himself can be spotted training. A large dragon may even appear.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Beyond Corporation

In contrast with Oscorp's squeaky-clean professional appearance, the Beyond Corporation is wall-to-the-wall comic book lunacy. This place has everything: Elvis MODOKs, Baby Iron Men, Kree pirates, Cyclops brontosauruses, snakes piloting biplanes, and a giant ape dressed up like Wolverine.

The stage is basically a grimy corridor with whatever absurd experiments that the Beyond Corporation's cooked up going on a rampage through it. The double-page spread pictured above is just a sample of the madness that this stage could bring (it's from issue 11 of Nextwave: Agents of HATE, an issue that mostly consists of double-page spreads showing absolutely ridiculous fight scenes)

Plus, it's not like there's one obvious pick as far as characters go - Monica Rambeau is likely the most well-known, between her MCU appearances and her status as an Avenger, but there's also Elsa Bloodstone (a monster hunter who showed up in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3), Machine Man (a robot that's like a living Swiss army knife who first appeared in an adaptation of 2001: A Space Odyssey, of all places), Boom-Boom (a member of the X-Men who can make explosions), and The Captain (who used to be called Captain ****, until Captain America beat him up and washed his mouth out with soap).

Basically, Nextwave: Agents of HATE is an amazing series, it's a shame that it only lasted twelve issues, and I wanted to nominate something from it at least once.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I have a few ideas in terms of charcters rivalry:
  • Captain Commando Vs Captain Marvel: Battle of the captains.
  • Loki Vs Nemesis: The God of mischief vs the experimental tyrant. Will say that Loki did manipulate the Hulk in the MCU, could see him do something similar with Nemesis or perhaps Asura.
  • Scarlet Witch Vs Tessa: Battle of the wizards.
  • Thor Vs Asura: Battle of the Gods.
Here's some rivalries I have in my mind thus far.
  • Iron Man vs. Mega Man - Metallic heroes, whose names end with "Man" and has impressive amounts of weaponry in their arsenal. For their interaction dialogue, Rock may mistakenly see Tony as a Robot Master, apologizing to him upon finding out he's actually a human after defeating him. They also faced each other in promotional material of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 during it's release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
  • Spider-Man vs. Viewtiful Joe - Both are superheroes with a red costume and also tend to make fun of their opponents with their charisma. Both are also involved in a form of mass media (Joe with movies and Spidey with a newspaper).
  • Thor vs. Arthur - I'll actually pit Asura against Hulk like Schnee117 Schnee117 , so I'm re-visiting this from Infinite since Amaterasu isn't there. Both are the most noble and proud warriors, who speak with a medieval accent and has powerful weapons in their arsenal such as Mjölnir itself and Goddess' Bracelet, alongside elemental magic abilities. Also, both were pretty much kings (considering that some characters in Arthur's universe are based on a medieval legend) and once Special Partners in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

K'un-Lun
The mystical home of the immortal Iron Fist. K'un-Lun exists in a pocket dimension hidden in the Tibetan mountains. Takes place in the hidden city, various monks appear and Iron Fist himself can be spotted training. A large dragon may even appear.
I was going through submissions and noticed this one. Iron Fist appeared in UMvC3. We are looking to add an entirely new franchise with a newcomer into DLC. Sadly, Iron Fist would be excluded.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here's some rivalries I have in my mind thus far.
  • Iron Man vs. Mega Man - Metallic heroes, whose names end with "Man" and has impressive amounts of weaponry in their arsenal. For their interaction dialogue, Rock may mistakenly see Tony as a Robot Master, apologizing to him upon finding out he's actually a human after defeating him. They also faced each other in promotional material of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 during it's release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
  • Spider-Man vs. Viewtiful Joe - Both are superheroes with a red costume and also tend to make fun of their opponents with their charisma. Both are also involved in a form of mass media (Joe with movies and Spidey with a newspaper).
  • Thor vs. Arthur - I'll actually pit Asura against Hulk like Schnee117 Schnee117 , so I'm re-visiting this from Infinite since Amaterasu isn't there. Both are the most noble and proud warriors, who speak with a medieval accent and has powerful weapons in their arsenal such as Mjölnir itself and Goddess' Bracelet, alongside elemental magic abilities. Also, both were pretty much kings (considering that some characters in Arthur's universe are based on a medieval legend) and once Special Partners in Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
Another rivalry that I also have in mind is Nightcrawler Vs Morrigan Aensland. A succubus from the nights of Makai versus a mutant will be an interesting match up.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Inhuman Royal Place

While the tv series flopped, the comics are still good. This floating hosts the Inhumans, an off-shoot of humanity that possesses unique superhuman trait thanks to genetic conditioning by the Kerr early in humanity’s history. This stage would take place in the halls of the royal palace as the members of the Royal Family looks on.

D

Deleted member

Completey misunderstood the promnt haha. I'll sit this one out.

Oddball

Smash Lord
R.8dcf7f1e0aceced57d9e000818dd5b8c.jpg

The Bar with No Name

In comics, the Bar With No Name is a grungy poorly lit bar where supervillains of all kinds hang out to drink, play cards, and gamble. It doesn't belong to any one series or franchise, and has appeared in everything from Captain America to Venom. As a stage, it would be filled with various lesser named villains getting drunk, gambling, and occasionally looking over to give the fighters a dirty eye. It could also have a board set up where they're gambling on who would win. A cameo by Punisher as the bar tender wouldn't be out of place either, as he once went there undercover before bombing the entire place.

Due to it's clientele, practically any of the mercinary or bank robber style villians could use it as a home stage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please vote for your top two stages
Job #33

View attachment 337790

If there were any other Marvel-based stages that I would like to see, my pick would be the Ten Rings Headquarters which had been shown within Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings. The Ten Rings syndicate was once helmed by Shang-Chi's father Wen Wu until Xialing took over the helm in which I can see her feature within the stage's background along with Razor Fist and Jon Jon.

Inhuman Royal Place

While the tv series flopped, the comics are still good. This floating hosts the Inhumans, an off-shoot of humanity that possesses unique superhuman trait thanks to genetic conditioning by the Kerr early in humanity’s history. This stage would take place in the halls of the royal palace as the members of the Royal Family looks on.
View attachment 337973

The Bar with No Name

In comics, the Bar With No Name is a grungy poorly lit bar where supervillains of all kinds hang out to drink, play cards, and gamble. It doesn't belong to any one series or franchise, and has appeared in everything from Captain America to Venom. As a stage, it would be filled with various lesser named villains getting drunk, gambling, and occasionally looking over to give the fighters a dirty eye. It could also have a board set up where they're gambling on who would win. A cameo by Punisher as the bar tender wouldn't be out of place either, as he once went there undercover before bombing the entire place.

Due to it's clientele, practically any of the mercinary or bank robber style villians could use it as a home stage.
The Beyond Corporation

In contrast with Oscorp's squeaky-clean professional appearance, the Beyond Corporation is wall-to-the-wall comic book lunacy. This place has everything: Elvis MODOKs, Baby Iron Men, Kree pirates, Cyclops brontosauruses, snakes piloting biplanes, and a giant ape dressed up like Wolverine.

The stage is basically a grimy corridor with whatever absurd experiments that the Beyond Corporation's cooked up going on a rampage through it. The double-page spread pictured above is just a sample of the madness that this stage could bring (it's from issue 11 of Nextwave: Agents of HATE, an issue that mostly consists of double-page spreads showing absolutely ridiculous fight scenes)

Plus, it's not like there's one obvious pick as far as characters go - Monica Rambeau is likely the most well-known, between her MCU appearances and her status as an Avenger, but there's also Elsa Bloodstone (a monster hunter who showed up in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3), Machine Man (a robot that's like a living Swiss army knife who first appeared in an adaptation of 2001: A Space Odyssey, of all places), Boom-Boom (a member of the X-Men who can make explosions), and The Captain (who used to be called Captain ****, until Captain America beat him up and washed his mouth out with soap).

Basically, Nextwave: Agents of HATE is an amazing series, it's a shame that it only lasted twelve issues, and I wanted to nominate something from it at least once.
  • Ten Rings Headquarters
  • Inhuman Royal Palace
  • The Beyond Corporation
  • The Bar with No Name

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. The Quantum Realm (assuming that it was left out accidentally)
2. The Bar with No Name

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've got a few more ideas for Job #16 (character quotes):

Kingpin Vs Dr. Doom

Kingpin:
“I am hoping that we can form an alliance together. What do you say?”
Dr. Doom: “There is no alliance between us, only Doom’s!”

Edward Falcon Vs Iron Man

Edward Falcon:
“Let’s see how my power stone can handle a man in an iron suit?”
Iron Man: “Your tech against my tech. I think this outcome is going to be predictable.”

Kingpin Vs Franziska von Karma

Kingpin:
“I have shown much respect to your father. Why don’t you join me?”
Franziska: “Sorry, only fools would want to walk down that path.”

Spider-Man Vs Green Goblin

Spider-Man:
“Ugh, how many more strange encounters must I endure?"
Green Goblin: “So the goblin came down and decides to take the spider out!”

Monster Hunter Vs Spider-Man

Monster Hunter:
"Alright, let the hunt begin!"
Spider-Man: "Now I know how it feels to be the hunted."

Scarlet Witch Vs Morrigan Aensland

Scarlet Witch:
"I have no idea how much longer I can hold this power within me."
Morrigan Aensland: "You should release all that power within you, don't hold back."

Nightcrawler Vs Morrigan Aensland:

Nightcrawler: "I see that we are both alike Frauelin, but should we be encountering each other like this?"
Morrigan Aensland: "Don't worry about the hate, let's have some fun together."

Top Bottom