• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Ms. Marvel
2. Squirrel Girl
3. The Thing

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 24: Mega Man

I'd think that Mega Man would fall into the category of "a character whose absence would long be questioned due to how popular and iconic they are to the series" - from what I recall, that was the initial reaction to his absence from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, so I think he would count.

Mega Man's moveset in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was fairly bare-bones, from what I recall, but Smash Bros. shows that he can work well in a fighting game setting and that he has plenty of options for melee attacks.

Hyper Combo ideas (assuming we're supposed to include these - if not, then ignore this section)

1. Beat Plane - Beat hovers by Mega Man, assisting with his attacks where each of Beat's actions depend on what you press. (Light = Beat charges, Medium = bullets, Heavy = bombs)
2. Double Gear System - a utility super where time is briefly slowed down and Mega Man's attacks are powered up. However, this uses up all of his super bars, with the effect lasting longer depending on how many super bars are consumed. (to prevent it from being spammed)
3. Super Adaptor - Mega Man fuses with Rush, gaining the Super Armour from Mega Man 7. In this state, he can fly freely and shoot out powerful rocket fists, though he can't use any of his other Hyper Combos in this state.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Marvel vote

1. Squirrel Girl
2. Ms Marvel
3. Moon Knight

Capcom Veteran

Resubmitting Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

Introduced in MvC:I, Monster Hunter is a long awaited representative of Capcom's rapidly growing (and within touching distance of usurping RE as the top dog) Monster Hunter franchise sporting the iconic Rathalos armour and wielding numerous weapons and setting traps like the Barrel Bomb. It would be remiss to not have Monster Hunter present in some form with how big it is and bringing back the Hunter would be an easy way to do so.

D

Deleted member

Felicia (Darkstalkers)

Darkstalkers is a staple of Capcom vs games, usually receiving multiple characters, even in the lackluster MVCI. Felicia is a fun and popular character with a fun moveset. She could have some cute interactions with the rest of our cast.

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
#Job 24:

Albert Wesker

Wesker is one of the most recognisable antagonists within the Resident Evil franchises. Wesker was first introduced as one of the newcomer characters within Marvel Vs Capcom 3. He has a lot of stealthy moveset and supers.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin voting for a MvC veteran!

Capcom veteran: Sigma

The main villain of the Mega Man X series, Sigma is a fairly popular villain with a lot of interesting attacks and moves. I think he would be good to return because a lot of people liked him in Infinite and thought he was a great addition, and more villains are always welcome in the roster.
Job 24: Mega Man

I'd think that Mega Man would fall into the category of "a character whose absence would long be questioned due to how popular and iconic they are to the series" - from what I recall, that was the initial reaction to his absence from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, so I think he would count.

Mega Man's moveset in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was fairly bare-bones, from what I recall, but Smash Bros. shows that he can work well in a fighting game setting and that he has plenty of options for melee attacks.

Hyper Combo ideas (assuming we're supposed to include these - if not, then ignore this section)

1. Beat Plane - Beat hovers by Mega Man, assisting with his attacks where each of Beat's actions depend on what you press. (Light = Beat charges, Medium = bullets, Heavy = bombs)
2. Double Gear System - a utility super where time is briefly slowed down and Mega Man's attacks are powered up. However, this uses up all of his super bars, with the effect lasting longer depending on how many super bars are consumed. (to prevent it from being spammed)
3. Super Adaptor - Mega Man fuses with Rush, gaining the Super Armour from Mega Man 7. In this state, he can fly freely and shoot out powerful rocket fists, though he can't use any of his other Hyper Combos in this state.
Marvel vote

1. Squirrel Girl
2. Ms Marvel
3. Moon Knight

Capcom Veteran

Resubmitting Monster Hunter

Felicia (Darkstalkers)

Darkstalkers is a staple of Capcom vs games, usually receiving multiple characters, even in the lackluster MVC. Felicia is a fun and popular character with a fun moveset. She could have some cute interactions with the rest of our cast.
#Job 24:

Albert Wesker

Wesker is one of the most recognisable antagonists within the Resident Evil franchises. Wesker was first introduced as one of the newcomer characters within Marvel Vs Capcom 3. He has a lot of stealthy moveset and supers.
In list form…
  • Sigma
  • Mega Man
  • Monster Hunter
  • Felicia
  • Albert Wesker

Please vote for your top 2! I will be counting the votes of our Marvel newcomer In just a little bit.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, here’s our results!!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Ms. Marvel3 (9)2 (4)114
Shang-Chi0011
Squirrel Girl1 (3)2 (4)29
The Thing1 (3)1 (2)16
Moon Knight1 (3)1 (2)15

Ms. Marvel Wins by a Landslide! It’s quite fitting we have Captain Marvel as well as Ms. Marvel represented in this game!

Job #25: Submit a Stage based on Viewtiful Joe
Typical rules. Submit a stage that comes from the Viewtiful Joe series. Try to avoid cameos for now.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok, here’s our results!!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Ms. Marvel3 (9)2 (4)114
Shang-Chi0011
Squirrel Girl1 (3)2 (4)29
The Thing1 (3)1 (2)16
Moon Knight1 (3)1 (2)15

Ms. Marvel Wins by a Landslide! It’s quite fitting we have Captain Marvel as well as Ms. Marvel represented in this game!

Job #25: Submit a Stage based on Viewtiful Joe
Typical rules. Submit a stage that comes from the Viewtiful Joe series. Try to avoid cameos for now.
Job 25: Viewtiful Awards Ceremony

(Spoilers for Viewtiful Joe 2 in the video, in case anyone's concerned about spoilers for it)

The site of the final boss battle in Viewtiful Joe 2, an awards show that the heroes and villain manage to crash. Decorated with posters of the various movies that the two games take place in, with a massive projector screen in the background and large golden statues on either side of a staircase, it could serve as the setting of a major movie premiere, or a gateway between the movie world and the real world, justifying the presence of any number of characters.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Mega Man (he really deserves it; also, I like Megadoomer's ideas on revising his moveset)
2. Felicia

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright everyone!

Here are the results of voting!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Monster Hunter1 (2)02
Mega Man2 (4)15
Felicia033
Sigma000
Wesker1 (2)02

Mega Man will be our next veteran fighter to join the Capcom side!

By default, Viewtiful Awards Ceremony wins by default!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are down to 8 more fighters to include after Ms. Marvel and Mega Man.

Job 26: Submit both a Capcom and Marvel Stage

So I want to expand our stage roster but I have been trouble coming up with possible and entertaining jobs for us to do so I’m leaving it up to you! Submit a stage from both a Marvel franchise and a Capcom franchise!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Three posts with votes were left out which would result in a tie between Felicia and Mega Man

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Three posts with votes were left out which would result in a tie between Felicia and Mega Man
Poop on a stick!

I counted them from where I posted the results!

So, I suppose…do we want to do a tiebreaker or should we include both?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Poop on a stick!

I counted them from where I posted the results!

So, I suppose…do we want to do a tiebreaker or should we include both?
You might as well include both of them.

We are down to 8 more fighters to include after Ms. Marvel and Mega Man.

Job 26: Submit both a Capcom and Marvel Stage

So I want to expand our stage roster but I have been trouble coming up with possible and entertaining jobs for us to do so I’m leaving it up to you! Submit a stage from both a Marvel franchise and a Capcom franchise!
Capcom:

Ruins of Savalia

This is a stage based from the Red Earth franchise. Savalia which is located in Greedia was once home to the exiled king named Leo who had been cursed into being a half-man, half beast. It is also home to Hauzer, a once fossilised t-rex that had been revived by Scion.
Marvel:

Ta Lo

I'm going to go for the mystical village of Ta Lo which had been seen within Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings. In the background, you'll be cheered on by the villagers and the mystical creatures plus who knows, perhaps the "Great Protector" might pop out at some point as the stage progresses.

D

Deleted member

Inhuman Royal Palace

We don't actually have a member of the Inhuman royal family on our roster. But we do have Ms. Marvel, an inhuman and frequent ally of the family. This stage takes place inside the throne room. Various inhumans will make appearances. Enemy forces may attempt to invade, but will quickly be beaten back.

Astera (Monster Hunter: World)

One of the two main hubs from Monster Hunter: World. This stage takes place in the middle of the town, various characters will watch and cheer the battle. A monster will try an invade the stage, but will be beaten back by a hunter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To balance us out….
Gran Soren
Franchise: Dragon’s Dogma
The stage is situated front and center in the Fountain Square in the Urban District. The castle looms overhead. Occassionally, a Dragon soars by high in the sky.

Wakanda

We have Black Panther...might as well as add this on in too.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will start voting...
You might as well include both of them.

Capcom:

Ruins of Savalia

This is a stage based from the Red Earth franchise. Savalia which is located in Greedia was once home to the exiled king named Leo who had been cursed into being a half-man, half beast. It is also home to Hauzer, a once fossilised t-rex that had been revived by Scion.
Marvel:

Ta Lo

I'm going to go for the mystical village of Ta Lo which had been seen within Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings. In the background, you'll be cheered on by the villagers and the mystical creatures plus who knows, perhaps the "Great Protector" might pop out at some point as the stage progresses.

Inhuman Royal Palace

We don't actually have a member of the Inhuman royal family on our roster. But we do have Ms. Marvel, an inhuman and frequent ally of the family. This stage takes place inside the throne room. Various inhumans will make appearances. Enemy forces may attempt to invade, but will quickly be beaten back.

Astera (Monster Hunter: World)

One of the two main hubs from Monster Hunter: World. This stage takes place in the middle of the town, various characters will watch and cheer the battle. A monster will try an invade the stage, but will be beaten back by a hunter.
To balance us out….
Gran Soren
Franchise: Dragon’s Dogma
The stage is situated front and center in the Fountain Square in the Urban District. The castle looms overhead. Occassionally, a Dragon soars by high in the sky.

Wakanda

We have Black Panther...might as well as add this on in too.
PLEASE VOTE FOR ONE EACH!

Capcom

Ruins of Savalia
Astera
Gran Soren

Marvel
Ta Lo
Inhuman Royal Palace
Wakanda

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Capcom: Ruins of Savalia

Marvel: Wakanda

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the stage voting!

NameTotal Points
Ruins Savalia1
Astera3
Gran Soren0
Ta Lo0
Inhuman Royal Palace0
Wakanda4

Based on these results, both Astera and Wakanda will be included stages!

Job #27: Vote for Marvel Veteran from previous games

So we have seven more characters to include. We have a list of Marvel veterans who have been apart of the MvC franchise for a long time. Please vote for one of these characters.
  • Storm
  • Venom
  • Cyclops
  • Sentinel
  • Dormammu
  • Nova
  • Shuma-Gorath
In addition, please indicate are if you support the following:
  1. Add in Rocket Raccoon
  2. Add in Deadpool
  3. Add in both
  4. Neither

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Job #27: Vote for Marvel Veteran from previous games

So we have seven more characters to include. We have a list of Marvel veterans who have been apart of the MvC franchise for a long time. Please vote for one of these characters.
  • Storm
  • Venom
  • Cyclops
  • Sentinel
  • Dormammu
  • Nova
  • Shuma-Gorath
Job #27

This is a pretty tough one considering that there are two Marvel veterans I would like to see. Therefore, I am going to pick Cyclops. Personally, I would love to see something like this happen again:

In addition, please indicate are if you support the following:
  1. Add in Rocket Raccoon
  2. Add in Deadpool
  3. Add in both
  4. Neither
I will say add them both as these two characters had not just played a role within the history of Marvel Vs Capcom, but I think they have a pretty unique gameplay.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Storm is a vital character for the Marvel side and only missed out on Infinite because of the dumb Fox ban and Perlmutter's insistence on burying the X-Men. She's probably the most iconic character missing from the X-Men cast and is arguably one of the most iconic Marvel characters we don't have yet along with Venom and Thanos

I have to say both for Rocket and Deadpool as the cosmic side of Marvel is still not too well represented with only Captain Marvel and Kang from that part of the universe, on top of this the Guardians are now a big deal. Deadpool is also at a point where it's extremely hard to ignore him with his increased breakout over the years. It's hard to pick just one of the two.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to vote for Storm. I'm not super-familiar with the X-Men side of Marvel (I have Marvel Unlimited, but I'm not sure where to begin - the 60's comics can be entertaining, but they haven't hooked me like some others from that era), but with X-Men back in the mix, Storm feels like a character who should be in here.

(If I wasn't taking this seriously, I'd be tempted to vote for Shuma Gorath since he's inexplicably in as many MvC games as they can get him in. Sticking with Storm, though)

As for the Rocket and/or Deadpool question, I vote for both. It would presumably mean less newcomers on the Marvel side, but they represent very different parts of Marvel, and both of them seem more than popular enough to warrant an inclusion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Storm. She's iconic to the games and gives us POC representation.

Both. We need a GOTG rep and while I'm not a huge Deadpool fan, he does have a big fanbase.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Storm is awesome and she would be a fantastic addition

I think we should add both Deadpool and Rocket. Deadpool is super popular and Rocket would represent the guardians.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on what I have seen, we agree to add in the following characters:
  • Storm
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Deadpool

While not the most exciting outcome but these characters are certainly MvC alumni that deserve being added in.

Top Bottom