• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Stage votes:
Marvel: Baxter Building
Capcom: Courtroom

Alternate costumes:

Wolverine: Patch

(if not for the rule about not allowing costumes that would change a character's voice lines, I would have went with Joe Fixit for the Hulk)

Dante: DMC1 Dante

(I'm assuming that DMC5 is his default costume; I could have gone with his DMC3 look, but I feel like this one's more distinct looking compared to DMC5 without dressing him up as another character, such as Sparda)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here are the results!
Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Black Panther3 (6)28
Winter Soldier011
Captain Marvel2 (4)37
Ultron1 (2)13

We will be adding two of the top results! Joining our roster is Black Panther and Captain Marvel; two amazing characters with the former joining as DLC.

Finally, we will be voting for stages!

Marvel
  • Baxter Building Rooftop (Fantastic Four)
  • Hell’s Kitchen (Daredevil)

Capcom
  • Courtroom (Ace Attorney)
  • Seaport (Captain Commando)
  • Interiors of Darminor (Red Earth)
  • Raccoon City (Resident Evil)
Please vote for your number one stage for both companies. I know typically vote for a number of options if we have more than three submissions but for simplicity we are only voting for one.

Job #15: Submit Up to 2 Alternate Costumes for Characters on the Roster

We are going to start early and begin working on launch at costumes for the characters. You can submit a single Marvel alternate costume and a single Capcom alternate costume. Unlike in previous submission periods, we will be accepting all submissions unless they are extremely unlikely/inappropriate in regards to the character. In that regard, please avoid adding costume submissions for a character that was already covered. So if you see someone submitting one for Ryu, please avoid submitting yet another.

We are also adding just costumes that changes appearances so, at this moment, we won’t be adding ones that changes voices. Sorry female Loki.
Was the Dark Dimension not allowed for some reason?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah! I just saw that! Quoted submissions tends to fly under my radar as I get submissions ready. I added it up. I will also award it one point forward compensation.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My votes go to Baxter Building and Courtroom.

Job #15

Capcom: Hobo Phoenix

Marvel: Japanese Spider-Man

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Marvel: Japanese Spider-Man

Wouldn't that change his voice lines?

...and animations? (probably not, but from what little footage I've seen of Japanese Spider-Man, I find the way that he walks to be funny)

...and super moves?

(I'm sure it could still work, but Japanese Spider-Man without Leopardon seems like it removes the point of having Japanese Spider-Man)

The main thing is that the rule said that costumes can't change a character's voice lines. (so no Lady Loki, for example)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wouldn't that change his voice lines?

...and animations? (probably not, but from what little footage I've seen of Japanese Spider-Man, I find the way that he walks to be funny)

...and super moves?

(I'm sure it could still work, but Japanese Spider-Man without Leopardon seems like it removes the point of having Japanese Spider-Man)

The main thing is that the rule said that costumes can't change a character's voice lines. (so no Lady Loki, for example)
I'd love to have all that but by the time we get around to doing alts with new voicelines, I'm sure some other Spider-person like Miles would win the vote. I'll take what I can get, and I still think it would be a nice reference and a good contrast to his regular look.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Marvel Stage Choice: Hell's Kitchen (Daredevil)
Capcom Stage Choice: The Courtroom (Ace Attorney)

Job #15

Looking at the list of chosen characters from the roster within an earlier thread post, here are my picks for alternative costumes that I have in mind:

Marvel: Scarlet Witch: WandaVision Alt

Morrigan-OnimushaSoulB.png

Capcom: Morrigan Aensland: Onimusha Soul Alt

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting!

We had a tie so I rolled a dice and landed on Hell’s Kitchen.
NamePoints
Hell’s Kitchen3
Dark Dimension1
Baxter Building2

we will be going with Hell’s Kitchen as our new Marvel stage.

As for Capcom stages,

NamePoints
Courtroom3
Seaport1
Interiors of Darminor0
Raccoon City0

The newest Capcom stage will be the Courtroom from Ace Attorney.

Job #16: Submit Character Quotes when Facing an Opponent

MvC is noted for unique quotes that charqcters say when they are about to fight an opponent. These really tie in the two universes nicely and brings life into their interactions.

Here is an example of such interactions…

These interactions must be with a newcomer in the roster. Newcomers consist of:
Loki
Green Goblin
Scarlet Witch
Nightcrawler
Kingpin
Krang the Conqueror
Leon Kennedy
Edward Falcon
Tessa
Asura

We will be including new interaction dialog for veterans as well in a later job.

I will start us off:

Scarlet Witch - Tessa
“Turning princes to frogs is child play, dear. I’ll warp your reality.”

“Such a pointed tongue! Perhaps I’ll pull it out and make a love potion with it.”

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #16

Loki - Asura

Loki: "Your wrath intrugues me. Perhaps I could use it for my own glorious purpose."

Asura: "My wrath shall not be manipulated by anyone, not even to a "so called" god!"

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I have one for Magneto vs. Scarlet Witch that references the “quicksilver in xmen and avengers” situation while showing we have multiple universes in this game. It also references a certain interaction with thanos:

Magneto: It’s you! The scarlet witch! How dare you betray me!

Scarlet Witch: I… I don’t even know who you are…

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Kang the Conqueror vs. Sir Arthur:

Kang: Hm... It seems my time machine needs recalibrating...

Arthur: What manner of sorcery is this?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone!

We will be starting with our next job…

Job #17: Submit Cameos for Xavier’s Mansion and Darkstalker’s Deserted Chateau
So we will be adding cameos for the stages Xavier’s Mansion and for Desert Chateau. These cameos will cause that character to be ineligible for inclusion at a later time.​

D

Deleted member

oops. I forgot to submit for the last job.

How many cameos can we submit?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure how many characters we can nominate, but I'll just stick with one for now. I figure it's best to avoid characters that even stand a chance of being included, but thankfully, there's no shortage of random X-Men that could be put in as cameos.

Xavier Mansion: Shark Girl - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iara_Dos_Santos_(Earth-616)

I mainly remember her as one of the people that Spider-Man teaches in the mini-series Spider-Man and the X-Men (the source of this panel:

She might not be a well-known member of the X-Men, but she's visually distinct, and a student at the school, so I think she'd work well as a cameo.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Deserted Chateau: Lucien and Mudo

For the Deserted Chateau, I'm going to go for someone rather obscure in which after doing some research which led me consider perhaps having Lucien and Mudo who are servants to Morrigan Aensland. The two were seen within Morrigan's Ending in Darkstalkers 1 and Night Warriors and also within Lilith's ending in Darkstalkers 3.

Although yes they are highly obscure and had only featured within Morrigan and Lilith's endings, I could see the two act as cameos standing and cheering within the background.

D

Deleted member

Xavier Mansion: Pixie
She would fly around in the background, before landing to watch the fight.

Deserted Chateau: Q-Bee

There are technically multiple Q-Bees. You could have a couple of them flying around the stage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to add cameos but I want to move us from there. We are currently behind in representation with 18 Marvel characters and 16 Capcom characters. We will be working on including two additional fighters, one being new and one being a veteran.

Job #18: Submit a Capcom Veteran introduced in MvC 2 and Onward

When submitting this character, please provide a reason why their inclusion would make sense. We are not allowing for the MvC original characters at this point but I’m open for us to including them later.

D

Deleted member

Tron Bonne (Megaman Legends)

A two time veteran. She's fun, has a unique playstyle and represents a part of the Megaman franchise with a loyal fanbase.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Mike Haggar (Final Fight)

(first playable MvC appearance: Marvel vs. Capcom 3)

Mike Haggar, ex-pro wrestler and the mayor of Metro City (or, in his MvC3 endings, President of the United States), takes the phrase "take the law into your own hands" very literally - he can often be found roaming the streets of Metro City, beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands (or sometimes a pipe).

As fighting game series go on, the number of big heavyweights like Haggar don't go up as quickly as other archetypes, so bringing him back would add some gameplay variety. Plus, as a mayor of not-quite-New York City who's tough on crime, it seems like he'd have some great exchanges with the Kingpin or (if/when they get added) the Punisher or Daredevil. (or members of the Sinister Six if they get in - I could see him thinking that Mysterio or the Shocker are wrestlers with weird gimmicks, or wondering how he's going to grapple Doc Ock)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

SonSon III (SonSon/Marvel vs. Capcom)

SonSon is a bo staff-wielding monkey girl heavily inspired by Journey to the West's Sun Wukong. SonSon is one of three original MvC characters, as she technically debuted in MvC2. However she is established to be the granddaughter of the title character of SonSon, a 1984 arcade game notable for being Capcom's first US release.

Within the canon of MvC (and I guess the SonSon canon as well), SonSon sets out to save her village when it falls under the curse of Abyss. In MvC2 she was a speedy rushdown character that specialized in aerial combos, using her staff as her main weapon and other powerups to confuse opponents.

I always thought she was a super cool inclusion in 2, kinda like how Pit in Brawl was designed as if Kid Icarus had kept getting games, SonSon was added as a sort of continuation to the story of the first two games. Plus she's just a cool character conceptually and design-wise.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
We will continue to add cameos but I want to move us from there. We are currently behind in representation with 18 Marvel characters and 16 Capcom characters. We will be working on including two additional fighters, one being new and one being a veteran.

When submitting this character, please provide a reason why their inclusion would make sense. We are not allowing for the MvC original characters at this point but I’m open for us to including them later.
Job #18

I think I have someone in mind for this one and she was introduced in Marvel Vs Capcom 2:

B.B. Hood

Darkstalkers_Resurrection_BBHood.png

B.B. Hood is from the Darkstalkers series where she first appeared in the third game as one of the newcomer characters. She may be innocent and pure on the outside, but she is cold and cruel on the inside. Baby Bonnie Hood's profession as a Dark Hunter is one that creatures and monsters within the Makai realm should be feared. Like bounty hunters, these Dark Hunters target their creatures in order to obtain the reward money. B.B. Hood is "Special S Class" tier hunter meaning she was born to be feared amongst the lower ranked Darkstalkers. Her malicious and dark heart was more than enough to convince the Dark Messiah named Jedah Dohma to transport her over to Majigen (even though she is human) so that she can continue with her hunting spree.

B.B. Hood first made her Marvel Vs Capcom appearance within the New Age of Heroes as one of the newcomer characters. Her gameplay mainly consist of her utilising a range of hand to hand combat, firearms and hidden traps which makes her a rather interesting character and I would love to see her make a comeback for Marvel Vs Capcom.

Personally, I've been a huge fan of the Darkstalkers franchise for a long time which have a lot of interesting characters and backstories. It is such an underated fighting game that I really do hope the series and its characters will ressurect themselves back from the dead within the future.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

SonSon III (SonSon/Marvel vs. Capcom)

SonSon is a bo staff-wielding monkey girl heavily inspired by Journey to the West's Sun Wukong. SonSon is one of three original MvC characters, as she technically debuted in MvC2. However she is established to be the granddaughter of the title character of SonSon, a 1984 arcade game notable for being Capcom's first US release.

Within the canon of MvC (and I guess the SonSon canon as well), SonSon sets out to save her village when it falls under the curse of Abyss. In MvC2 she was a speedy rushdown character that specialized in aerial combos, using her staff as her main weapon and other powerups to confuse opponents.

I always thought she was a super cool inclusion in 2, kinda like how Pit in Brawl was designed as if Kid Icarus had kept getting games, SonSon was added as a sort of continuation to the story of the first two games. Plus she's just a cool character conceptually and design-wise.
We aren’t including these characters yet. Later.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wait nevermind, I just realized I misread "the MvC original characters" as "characters from the original MvC". I'll change my submission

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Monster Hunter

Introduced in MvC:I, Monster Hunter is a long awaited representative of Capcom's rapidly growing (and within touching distance of usurping RE as the top dog) Monster Hunter franchise sporting the iconic Rathalos armour and wielding numerous weapons and setting traps like the Barrel Bomb. It would be remiss to not have Monster Hunter present in some form and bringing back the Hunter would be an easy way to do so.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait nevermind, I just realized I misread "the MvC original characters" as "characters from the original MvC". I'll change my submission

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
SonSon didn't work out so I'm bringing back an old suggestion

Viewtiful Joe

Viewtiful Joe is the main character of the Viewtiful Joe series by Clover Studio. A regular dude who gains superhero powers by getting sucked into a movie, Joe is a flamboyant Sentai hero who can slow down and speed up time, along with other movie-related powers.

Joe was a no-brainer for a game in which Capcom characters met up with superheroes and sure enough, he made his debut in MvC3. Joe stands out because of his short stature and limbs, making for a unique fighter whose niche would be hard to replace. After the travesty that was Infinite, it's time to bring back this star. Henshin-a-go-go, baby!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Tron Bonne (Megaman Legends)

A two time veteran. She's fun, has a unique playstyle and represents a part of the Megaman franchise with a loyal fanbase.

Mike Haggar (Final Fight)

(first playable MvC appearance: Marvel vs. Capcom 3)

Mike Haggar, ex-pro wrestler and the mayor of Metro City (or, in his MvC3 endings, President of the United States), takes the phrase "take the law into your own hands" very literally - he can often be found roaming the streets of Metro City, beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands (or sometimes a pipe).

As fighting game series go on, the number of big heavyweights like Haggar don't go up as quickly as other archetypes, so bringing him back would add some gameplay variety. Plus, as a mayor of not-quite-New York City who's tough on crime, it seems like he'd have some great exchanges with the Kingpin or (if/when they get added) the Punisher or Daredevil. (or members of the Sinister Six if they get in - I could see him thinking that Mysterio or the Shocker are wrestlers with weird gimmicks, or wondering how he's going to grapple Doc Ock)
Job #18

I think I have someone in mind for this one and she was introduced in Marvel Vs Capcom 2:

B.B. Hood

View attachment 332526

B.B. Hood is from the Darkstalkers series where she first appeared in the third game as one of the newcomer characters. She may be innocent and pure on the outside, but she is cold and cruel on the inside. Baby Bonnie Hood's profession as a Dark Hunter is one that creatures and monsters within the Makai realm should be feared. Like bounty hunters, these Dark Hunters target their creatures in order to obtain the reward money. B.B. Hood is "Special S Class" tier hunter meaning she was born to be feared amongst the lower ranked Darkstalkers. Her malicious and dark heart was more than enough to convince the Dark Messiah named Jedah Dohma to transport her over to Majigen (even though she is human) so that she can continue with her hunting spree.

B.B. Hood first made her Marvel Vs Capcom appearance within the New Age of Heroes as one of the newcomer characters. Her gameplay mainly consist of her utilising a range of hand to hand combat, firearms and hidden traps which makes her a rather interesting character and I would love to see her make a comeback for Marvel Vs Capcom.

Personally, I've been a huge fan of the Darkstalkers franchise for a long time which have a lot of interesting characters and backstories. It is such an underated fighting game that I really do hope the series and its characters will ressurect themselves back from the dead within the future.
Monster Hunter

Introduced in MvC:I, Monster Hunter is a long awaited representative of Capcom's rapidly growing (and within touching distance of usurping RE as the top dog) Monster Hunter franchise sporting the iconic Rathalos armour and wielding numerous weapons and setting traps like the Barrel Bomb. It would be remiss to not have Monster Hunter present in some form and bringing back the Hunter would be an easy way to do so.
SonSon didn't work out so I'm bringing back an old suggestion

Viewtiful Joe

Viewtiful Joe is the main character of the Viewtiful Joe series by Clover Studio. A regular dude who gains superhero powers by getting sucked into a movie, Joe is a flamboyant Sentai hero who can slow down and speed up time, along with other movie-related powers.

Joe was a no-brainer for a game in which Capcom characters met up with superheroes and sure enough, he made his debut in MvC3. Joe stands out because of his short stature and limbs, making for a unique fighter whose niche would be hard to replace. After the travesty that was Infinite, it's time to bring back this star. Henshin-a-go-go, baby!
Here are our submissions! Thank you to everyone who submitted content!

Here is our submissions in list form. Please vote for your top 2! Ranked voting is on!
  • Tronn Bonne
  • Mike Haggar
  • BB Hood
  • Monster Hunter
  • Viewtiful Joe

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
I’m sorry for being a bit mean about the submission. I was actually taking care of my two kids while my wife was busy with a job interview. I wanted to make sure to give you some time for an alternative submission hence my quick and probably unhelpful post. Sorry about that.

Job #19: Submit a Capcom Newcomer from a Veteran Series Currently in MvC4
So we will be adding another character from a veteran series into our Capcom roster. This character is one of our newcomers. Veteran series includes:

Street Fighter
Darkstalkers
Mega Man
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil
Ghouls n Ghosts
Captain Commando
Strider
Ace Attorney

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm assuming that my own nomination has to be second, though I'd probably put another character in first anyway.

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Mike Haggar

Viewtiful Joe was great, and it's a shame that we never got Viewtiful Joe 3.

Job 19:

Lady (Devil May Cry)

One of Dante's allies, Lady stands out among the playable characters in the Devil May Cry series by being the only one with no demonic powers. Instead, she just has guns - lots of guns. Her main weapon is Kalina Ann, a rocket launcher with a bayonet/grappling hook which can be used for slow melee attacks, but she also has grenades, a shotgun, a crossbow, a submachine gun, and twin pistols. In addition, Devil May Cry 5 gives Dante a second rocket launcher called Kalina Ann II, which was intended for Lady - Lady could presumably use both rocket launchers in the same way that Dante did.

Lady's a popular enough character that she became one of Dante's partners going forward, and people were hoping for her to be playable in DMC3's Switch version as one of the new features. For reference for how she could play, here's her gameplay from Devil May Cry 4.

Hyper Combo ideas:

-Level 1: Biker Ram - hopping on her motorcycle, Lady dashes straight forward - this attack has super armour, but once she travels far enough, she leaps off of the bike and it explodes

-Level 1: Multiple - Lady stands still, aiming her bazooka, as the player controls a cursor that moves around the screen. Pressing the attack button, or after a certain amount of time, causes homing rockets to launch at the opponent - you can have multiple cursors on an enemy character, but waiting it out leaves her wide open to attack

-Level 3: Cascade - Lady pulls out Kalina Ann II, connects the two rocket launchers together, and fires a long-ranged heat beam/laser that pierces through enemies. The laser can be steered upwards or downwards, but it's tough to control like this, and it works better with just firing it straight ahead.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
MMNTWMega1.png

Megaman.exe

Megaman.exe is the netnavi of Lan, debuting and being the main protagonist of the Mega Man Battle Network games for GBA, this subseries is often on the same rank as the X and classic series as a main subseires in contrast to the Legends and ZX games. He would be interesting as his gameplay revolves around using battle chips to give a variety of effects and augment his abilities. With how the other Mega Mans sans ZX subseries having a playable rep in some form it would be fitting to add this guy to the ranks.

Top Bottom