• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we have our entire Marvel roster in one fell swoop! We are exactly at 22 characters as detailed previously! We will now finish off our Capcom roster! We are sitting at 19 so we have 3 more to add. You can check out the full roster on the front page!

Job #28: Vote for 2 Veterans

With that, we will work on our Capcom roster. We will be voting for characters that are from the veteran roster which have been mainstays in Marvel vs Capcom. While we are voting for two, we will only include one

• Tron Bonne
  • Monster Hunter
  • Hsien Ko
  • Amaterasu
  • Firebrand
  • Wesker

Job #29: Submit a Street Fighter newcomer

The flagship series for Capcom hasn’t received a newcomer from SFV during Infinite’s timeline. Let’s fix this by adding a SFV newcomer. This also includes characters like Abigail and that one police woman who I forgot the name to. This also is applied to Ed as well. Please also provide their three Hyper Combos.

Following this job, we will have one more Capcom fighter.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
1. Monster Hunter
2. Amaterasu

Street Fighter newcomer

RA-SHI-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rashid is the poster boy newcomer for SFV's base game and a break out popular hit, Rashid fights utilising nimble speed and the winds. He's a fantastic choice for diversity in the roster too and his theme is GOATed

Hyper Combos

Level 1 - Ysaar - Rashid's V-Trigger 1 from Street Fighter V. Rashid kicks up a tornado in front of him that slowly approaches the opponent. The tornado is able to block all projectiles and attacks and any of Rashid's moves are sped up if they go through. The tornado is more intense and has greater verticality to account for MvC.

Level 1 - Easifa - Rashid's V-Trigger 2 from Street Fighter V. Rashid surrounds his feet with gulfs of wind and these enhance his special attacks to deal more damage and allow for more flashy combos. He can also do a new grounded tornado attack called Haboob but this drains Easifa quicker.

Level 3 - Altair - Rashid's Critical Art from Street Fighter V. It functions much the same but for the purposes of MvC it's exaggerated to have far more intense winds surrounding Rashid

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Juri
See the source image

Juri is easily the most iconic character introduced in the street fighter 4 games and surprisingly hasn't had a real crossover appearence where she's a playable character (except for street fighter x tekken but that's street fighter x tekken) but has had lots of crossover appearences in things like project x zone and even smash ultimate. She would be a pretty simple fighter and would fight with kicks and projectiles. Here are her hyper combos:

Hyper combo 1: Feng Shui Engine
Her purple eye starts glowing which makes her attacks do more damage and come out more quickly

Hyper Combo 2: Fuharenjin
A big combo where she repeatedly kicks forward, then jumps up and spins in a cyclone. She ends by kicking them away and kicking a slash of energy at them.

Hyper Combo 3: Kasatushu
She jumps forward behind the opponent, striking them as they do. Then she goes behind them and kicks them in the back, hitting them away

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Juri
See the source image

Juri is easily the most iconic character introduced in the street fighter 4 games and surprisingly hasn't had a real crossover appearence where she's a playable character (except for street fighter x tekken but that's street fighter x tekken) but has had lots of crossover appearences in things like project x zone and even smash ultimate. She would be a pretty simple fighter and would fight with kicks and projectiles. Here are her hyper combos:

Hyper combo 1: Feng Shui Engine
Her purple eye starts glowing which makes her attacks do more damage and come out more quickly

Hyper Combo 2: Fuharenjin
A big combo where she repeatedly kicks forward, then jumps up and spins in a cyclone. She ends by kicking them away and kicking a slash of energy at them.

Hyper Combo 3: Kasatushu
She jumps forward behind the opponent, striking them as they do. Then she goes behind them and kicks them in the back, hitting them away
I personally would love to see Juri (being a Juri main myself) but this is a SFV only newcomer. So characters like Menat, FANG, G, and others.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So we have our entire Marvel roster in one fell swoop! We are exactly at 22 characters as detailed previously! We will now finish off our Capcom roster! We are sitting at 19 so we have 3 more to add. You can check out the full roster on the front page!

Job #28: Vote for 2 Veterans

With that, we will work on our Capcom roster. We will be voting for characters that are from the veteran roster which have been mainstays in Marvel vs Capcom. While we are voting for two, we will only include one

• Tron Bonne
  • Monster Hunter
  • Hsien Ko
  • Amaterasu
  • Firebrand
  • Wesker

Job #29: Submit a Street Fighter newcomer

The flagship series for Capcom hasn’t received a newcomer from SFV during Infinite’s timeline. Let’s fix this by adding a SFV newcomer. This also includes characters like Abigail and that one police woman who I forgot the name to. This also is applied to Ed as well. Please also provide their three Hyper Combos.

Following this job, we will have one more Capcom fighter.
Job #28

1. Monster Hunter
2. Amaterasu

Job #29

G

G is quite the most mysteious character who is one of the new characters introduced during Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. He claims to be the "president of the world" in which his objective is to unify the world through the means of social media.

Level 1 - Maximum President - achieves several boosts that include an additional projectile to his G-Barrier, cancelling his special moves with each other and boosts to level 3 within his President Gauge.
Level 1 - Dangerous President - launches an uppercut and then unleash a G Explosion.
Level 3 - Pangaea Burst - unleashs several horizontally-advancing fire pillars to burn his opponent.

On the bolded - I believe that police woman's name is Lucia, I think.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting!!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Hsien Ko1 (2)13
Tron Bonne011
Wesker1 (2)13
Amaterasu1 (2)35
Monster Hunter4 (8)19

Monster Hunter wins this round! They will be our next character coming in from Capcom!

We will begin voting for our next Street Fighter newcomer from Street Fighter V! For those we have...

1. Monster Hunter
2. Amaterasu

Street Fighter newcomer

RA-SHI-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rashid is the poster boy newcomer for SFV's base game and a break out popular hit, Rashid fights utilising nimble speed and the winds. He's a fantastic choice for diversity in the roster too and his theme is GOATed

Hyper Combos

Level 1 - Ysaar - Rashid's V-Trigger 1 from Street Fighter V. Rashid kicks up a tornado in front of him that slowly approaches the opponent. The tornado is able to block all projectiles and attacks and any of Rashid's moves are sped up if they go through. The tornado is more intense and has greater verticality to account for MvC.

Level 1 - Easifa - Rashid's V-Trigger 2 from Street Fighter V. Rashid surrounds his feet with gulfs of wind and these enhance his special attacks to deal more damage and allow for more flashy combos. He can also do a new grounded tornado attack called Haboob but this drains Easifa quicker.

Level 3 - Altair - Rashid's Critical Art from Street Fighter V. It functions much the same but for the purposes of MvC it's exaggerated to have far more intense winds surrounding Rashid
Job #28

1. Monster Hunter
2. Amaterasu

Job #29

G

G is quite the most mysteious character who is one of the new characters introduced during Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. He claims to be the "president of the world" in which his objective is to unify the world through the means of social media.

Level 1 - Maximum President - achieves several boosts that include an additional projectile to his G-Barrier, cancelling his special moves with each other and boosts to level 3 within his President Gauge.
Level 1 - Dangerous President - launches an uppercut and then unleash a G Explosion.
Level 3 - Pangaea Burst - unleashs several horizontally-advancing fire pillars to burn his opponent.

On the bolded - I believe that police woman's name is Lucia, I think.
In addition, I will be submitting Laura...

Laura
Laura was one of the characters that was featured on the launch version of Street Fighter V. She utilizes both electricity and Brazilian Matsuda Jiu-jutsu in her attacks which would be a nice compliment to the other characters featured in the roster.

For her Hyper Combos, she has:

Level 1: Volt Surge (A completely new attack, Laura will charge forward slightly before series of low hitting kicks and knees before laucnhing herself high into the air and doing a falling kick that causes an explosive lightning blast when it lands.)
Level 2: Shock Stance (She envelopes her fists and feet in electricity which increases her speed and allows her to dodge some incoming attacks including holds. She also gains a new command throw called Shock Choke where she grabs the opponent in a choke hold and shocks them with lightning.)
Level 3: Inazuma Spin Hold (Taken from her Critical Art, she grabs the opponent and ricochets around the room in a more dramatic fashion with far more electrical strikes than her original version. She then ends the attack by slamming the opponent into the ground with a burst of lightning.

So with this, we can either vote for:
Rashid
G
Laura

Please vote for only one character

D

Deleted member

G

I think all three are good options (and I'm kicking myself for not submitting Menat) but G has a fun personality and appearance that would stand out in our roster.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My vote’s for rashid.

Also this isn’t just because I was about to submit Juri, but I think it was a bit of a weird decision to limit this to street fighter 5 newcomers and in the future prompts probably shouldn’t be limited like this. Plus we would probably have gotten more submissions if it wasn’t that limited. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #29: Submit a Stage from Monster Hunter
Since we just decided to include Monster Hunter into the roster, we will now submit a Monster Hunter based stage. When submitting, please indicate the location's name, the game it is from, and how the stage looks.​

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #29: Submit a Stage from Monster Hunter
Since we just decided to include Monster Hunter into the roster, we will now submit a Monster Hunter based stage. When submitting, please indicate the location's name, the game it is from, and how the stage looks.​
Job #29

Val Haber.jpg

Val Habar

This stage is from Monster Hunter 4. Val Habar is a port town that borders across the Great Desert where this is a place where travellers, merchants and hunters will often go by in order to seek information or to do business. There will be a couple of bystanders from blacksmiths to cooks as well as precious cargo being delivered behind the stage's background.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Val Habar wins by default!

Rashid wins with two votes while G received only one so Rashid will be our next newcomer!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With that, we are officially down with our roster! We have 22 characters per franchise which totals to 44 total characters!

We will focus a bit on adding stages to expand our stages as I feel those are a bit…lacking.

I want to open up discussion to possible stages we can include that “fills in the gaps and expands the stage list.” This is particularly true for unrepresented franchises that have a character as well as those that don’t have one.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Actually we will be doing a stage submission round based on….

Guardians of the Galaxy!

Job #30: Submit a Stage based on Guardians of the Galaxy

Please submit a stage based on one of the locations from this series. This can be from the cinematic universe or the comic universe. Please avoid using cameos right now as we will be including them in later.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Actually we will be doing a stage submission round based on….

Guardians of the Galaxy!

Job #30: Submit a Stage based on Guardians of the Galaxy

Please submit a stage based on one of the locations from this series. This can be from the cinematic universe or the comic universe. Please avoid using cameos right now as we will be including them in later.
Job #30

Knowhere_from_Infinity_Countdown_Vol_1_4_001.jpg

Knowhere

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The Milano

I couldn’t really find a good image of the inside, but this would take place on the Milano from guardians of the galaxy. You play in the ship with the guardians all sitting around and hanging out.

D

Deleted member

Xander

Takes place on the planet of the Nova Corps. Various Nova corps members can be seen flying around the stage, including what looks like the classic Nova seen in MVC3. Various other aliens including Kree and Skrulls make cameos.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please vote for one of the following locations:

The Milano

I couldn’t really find a good image of the inside, but this would take place on the Milano from guardians of the galaxy. You play in the ship with the guardians all sitting around and hanging out.

Xander

Takes place on the planet of the Nova Corps. Various Nova corps members can be seen flying around the stage, including what looks like the classic Nova seen in MVC3. Various other aliens including Kree and Skrulls make cameos.
  • Knowhere
  • The Milano
  • Xander
Please vote for only one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll vote for Xandar as well; it seems like there's a lot of potential for alien cameos on that stage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Xander seems to be the clear winner!

Job #31: Submit a Ghost n Goblins Stage

MvC3 included a Ghosts n Goblins stage so we might as well! This stage shouldn’t copy the same style and appearance as the one that appeared in MvC3 had. Maximo: Ghosts to Glory is acceptable.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will going by default and adding Crystalline City for our next stage.

Job #32: Submit a Stage Dedicated to Dr. Doom or Kang the Conqueror
Both of these are villains within our roster so I feel that given one of them a dedicated stage would be fitting. They are both technically from Fantastic Four so it will be ok if we go with a Fantastic Four-based location but anything that’s attributed to them is perfectly fine.​

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Doomstadt

A blend of medieval architecture and mad science, Castle von Doom, in the Latverian capital city of Doomstadt, is Doom's home sweet home. As a Marvel vs. Capcom mainstay, Doom definitely seems like a character who should get his own stage; I submitted Chronopolis in the past, but Doomstadt seems like it would have a greater contrast with the stages that are currently in the game.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are going with the default which is Doomstadt!

That’s it for our content!

Next, we will deciding the Rivals for each character! Yes, each character will have a rival that contrasts or is similar with each other on a number of levels. We already have two confirmed rivalries which are Dante and Deadpool and Ryu and Wolverine. Who are our rivalries?

Please consult the front page here

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The first two that come to mind for me:

Asura and Hulk are both rage fueled beings who have at some point attained Godly (or higher) positions and both have a strong penchant for coming back from the dead. Both have also, at some point or another, been consumed with getting revenge for the deaths of loved ones.

Rocket Raccoon and Monster Hunter are rivals as both typically travel with a buddy (Groot and a Palico) and have a ton of weapons at their disposal including several traps, both take on powerful beings to fulfil bounties but to also do their jobs as a Guardian of the Galaxy/Protector of Kamura/Astera/The Hubs in each MH game. The Hunter would also see Rocket as being like a Palico.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think storm vs rashid would be a good rivalry since they both control wind and heavily use wind based attacks in their playstyle. Storm’s more serious personality would also contrast with Rashid’s quite nicely.

I also like the idea of edward falcon vs. captain america. They have fairly similar personalities with a strong sense of justice and both have flags on their design lol.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I have a few ideas in terms of charcters rivalry:
  • Captain Commando Vs Captain Marvel: Battle of the captains.
  • Loki Vs Nemesis: The God of mischief vs the experimental tyrant. Will say that Loki did manipulate the Hulk in the MCU, could see him do something similar with Nemesis or perhaps Asura.
  • Scarlet Witch Vs Tessa: Battle of the wizards.
  • Thor Vs Asura: Battle of the Gods.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure how many rivalries we can nominate at once, but one that comes to mind is Phoenix Wright vs. Kingpin.

Kingpin has a long and storied history with fighting lawyers, and he seems like the sort of person that would wind up on the witness stand in a Phoenix Wright game. (Distinct physical appearance, incredibly smug/confident, likely to overreact if caught in a lie)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #33: Submit a Stage from an Unrepresented Marvel Series that haven’t been in MvC yet

We will be adding a final stage to our stage roster that will come from a Marvel franchise that doesn’t have a fighter yet. The catch is that this fighter will become one of our future DLC fighters so we are kind of killing two birds with one stone. Please keep in mind that, being a new franchise that will include a DLC fighter, it should be a fairly popular franchise or one that Marvel chose to promote. Some ideas could be Luke Cage, Cloak and Dagger, Shang-Chi, Punisher, Howard the Duck, Inhumans, etc. it doesn’t have to be apart of the MCU.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #33

Many_warriors.jpg

If there were any other Marvel-based stages that I would like to see, my pick would be the Ten Rings Headquarters which had been shown within Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings. The Ten Rings syndicate was once helmed by Shang-Chi's father Wen Wu until Xialing took over the helm in which I can see her feature within the stage's background along with Razor Fist and Jon Jon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom