• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This is a super tough vote, all the characters are great. But I have to pick just 2 so I'll go with

1. BB Hood
2. Haggar

Tron almost took BB's place but with today's category we could add a Mega Man newcomer and avoid the series being just old reps. And I never played MvCI so I don't know if MonHun's kit is fun to play, as deserving as she might be I can't choose her.

Also, @GoodGrief741
I’m sorry for being a bit mean about the submission. I was actually taking care of my two kids while my wife was busy with a job interview. I wanted to make sure to give you some time for an alternative submission hence my quick and probably unhelpful post. Sorry about that.
No problem! I should've read more carefully anyway.

D

Deleted member

1. Haggar
2. Tron

So many good choices! It was extremely hard to pick this round.

Ada Wong (Resident Evil)

A true femme fatale and the sometimes rival sometimes love interest of Leon Kennedy. Ada would have some fun interactions with various members of the cast due to her seductive and sly personality and her history of being a double agent. Ada would make use of various weapons and gadgets in her moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Vote:

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Monster Hunter

Newcomer:

Nero from the Devil May Cry series

Nero is the main protagonist of DMC 4 and DMC 5 (with the latter setting him up to run the DMC business) and boasts his own unique set of skills to set him apart from Dante and Vergil. Prime among them is his Devil Bringer and later the Devil Breakers after dear old dad tore his arm off, thanks dad. The Devil Bringer is simple in function, it provides Nero with powerful grabs and has quite a long reach helping him grab enemies and certain points to zip to. It also stored the Yamato which would play a part in Nero's first Devil Trigger state where an apparition of Yamato would appear and help extend combos and do more damage. Come the next game, the utility is vastly expanded with rocket punches (that he can ride on), Electric Bursts, Shock Waves, Time bombs, Time Dilation spheres and a Drill on top of functionality mimicking the original arm, these also feature vastly stronger attacks called Break Ages that immediately break the arm but have incredibly strong effects. The Yamato Summon functionality is not able to be recreated however.

Nero's weaponry whilst similar to Dante's base kit of Rebellion/Sparda/DSD and Ebony and Ivory is still rather distinct. Nero wields his sword, Red Queen rather differently and the main feature is the Exceed mechanic. By revving up his sword's hilt Nero can eventually charge up the Red Queen to unleash devastating attacks, with upgrades, you can time the rev during a combo to get a level of exceed without having to wait around and slowly charge up again. The Blue Rose is a revolver with the ability to charge really strong shots and a slow rate of fire as opposed to E&I being as fast as you can push the button

Like his father and uncle, Nero also has a true Devil Trigger form in which he gets his arm back and is able to do classic Devil Bringer moves together again. This acts much like Dante's and Vergil's with regenerating health, extra skills and generally enhanced stats.

With that said, the Hyper combos (based on DMC5):

Level 1 - Break Age - These are powerful enhanced Devil Breaker moves, before explaining this in full I should talk about Devil Breaker mechanics. Nero would be able to swap between his arms during normal gameplay with a Down, Down, Special input, these are able to be broken if Nero is hit whilst using one so they need to be used carefully but rather than have a limited supply, they are on a timer instead so Nero doesn't completely lose out on his moves.

Now for Break Age's themselves, they instantly break the arm on use so this super is immediately more of a commitment than usual, but as said, the arm will regenerate. For the individual arms he would hypothetically have:

Overture - Nero rushes towards the opponent and sticks the Overture arm into them, now acting like a time bomb. Nero can detonate this early by hitting or shooting the enemy. If Nero whiffs, the arm isn't broken.

Gerbera - On the ground Nero fires a huge beam at his foes which he can freely aim. In the air, Nero fires a barrage of lasers that ricochet around the arena.

Punch Line - Nero rushes towards his opponent and delivers a mighty uppercut with the arm shooting off and carrying the foe a short distance before exploding and dealing more damage.

Helter Skelter - Nero again rushes towards his opponent whilst spinning the arm, this move can break through an opponent's block and super armour.

Tomboy - This functions the same as usual, granting Nero an enhanced moveset for a short while, the difference here is that the arm won't break whilst hit in this state but it will break after the time is up.

Buster - This delivers a vastly enhanced command grab that deals more damage and grants super armour so it can't be interrupted. Breaks after the grab is done. If it misses, the arm doesn't break.

Rawhide - Nero swings the arm around above his head, if a foe is caught here he swings them around like a ragdoll before slamming them into the ground repeatedly

Ragtime - This slows down time for Nero's foes making them and their moves a lot slower.

Level 1 - Devil Trigger - I've covered this just above but to recap, slowly regenerates health and boosts stats and gives slightly extra functionality with both Long Reach to zip to the foe and powerful command grabs, Nero also gains added summoned swords with is Blue Rose attacks. The activation animation is reminiscent of how he activates it in DMCV but obviously a more family friendly version.

Level 3 - Maximum Showdown Bet - This attack requires Devil Trigger be activated first, in part for balance but also because Nero already has several powerful options available without DT. For this move Nero uses his Showdown skill before ending with Maximum Bet where Nero unleashes a barrage of attacks using Red Queen and a summoned version of Yamato before ending off with a spinning attack with Red Queen that shatters reality and sends out an X shaped projectile to carry the foe away

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know next to nothing about Ace Attorney but I feel she would be a nice foil to Ol Phoenix.

Franziska con Karma

Instead of searching for evidence in the same way Phoenix does, she just beats the everlasting evidence out of them. Unlike Phoenix, she is more interested in results than the process and will try to get results…even if it means resorting to using “physical persuasion”. Her attacks focuses mostly on the use of her whip and using legal Mumbo-jumbo like “Turnabout Counter” to reflect “accusations” back to the opponent.

I know very little of the series and I would be open to interpretation on what her hypers could be. That being said, I would envision the following:
1) Hyper Combo 1: Whip of Judgement (she performs a thousand lashes from her whip while laughing manically)
2) Hyper Combo 2: Pose of Strength (She holds up her whip in front of her. This is a counter hyper which causes her to curl her whip around the opponent like a top and squeeze them; dealing high damage
3) Assaulting the Judge (She whips her whip about her which traps the opponent into the cinematic hyper. The judge is about to sentence whomever to jail when she furiously whips the judge into submission. This somehow? also damages the opponent.)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Monster Hunter
2. Viewtiful Joe

Submission: Ryunosuke Naruhodo

Phoenix Wright’s ancestor and protagonist of the Great Ace Attorney series, Ryunosuke would be somewhat of a “semi-clone” to Phoenix, having the same gimmick but different attacks aside from a few similar ones. I feel like he would be a good pick because he would represent a popular yet underrated side of a franchise, and would bring an interesting tone to the series given how he’s from the past.

Hyper Combo 1: Karuma
He runs forward while repeatedly swinging his sword around

Hyper Combo 2: Herlock’s Deductions
Herlock Sholmes appears behind the opponent, if Ryunosuke close enough to them. This leads into a cinematic where Herlock is investigating around them, but then suddenly Ryunosuke snaps his fingers, launching them away and dealing damage to them

Hyper Combo 3: Great Ace Attorney
Essentially the same as Phoenix’s level 3 hyper combo, only it’s Ryunosuke doing it so the stand looks different, and his voice/voice lines are changed.

Also just putting it out there, one of his moves absolutely has to use the susato takedown or maybe summon susato to do the move

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
vippng.com-street-fighter-sakura-png-3271274.png

Rashid (Street Fighter)

Rashid of the Turbulent Wind, the airbending aristocrat joins the fray! Debuting in Street Fighter V, Rashid was designed as the main character for that game and, upon his reveal, quickly became a fan favorite for his design, powerset, and likable personality.

In MvC Rashid would be a more-or-less faithful translation of his SFV kit since they're both fighting games, with his Hypers being Wing Stroke (Level 1), Ysaar (Level 2), and Altair (Level 3).

I, like many others, thought Rashid was a lock for MvCI. It made sense, he was new, he was beloved, and he would rep SFV in a manner not dissimilar to how Viper repped SFIV in MvC3. But if it was not to be in MvCI (perhaps a blessing in disguise) there's no reason why he can't debut in MvC4!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Tron
2. BB Hood

**** Gumshoe

Gumshoe is the lovable detective from Ace Attorney

Level 1: I Can Do It When It Counts Pal! - Gumshoe performs a very powerful shoulder tackle
Level 2: Blue Badger - Gumshoe places the Blue Badger on the ground dealing damage to the opponent if they run into it
Level 3: Seven Secret Weapons - Gumshoe calls Missle the dog to tackle the opponent and then Gumshoe proceeds to throw the other 6 Secret weapons at the enemy, each one dealing more damage to the opponent than the last.

Gumshoe would be a fun pick as he is a constant throughout the main games and is a popular character.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Tron
2. BB Hood

**** Gumshoe

Level 1: I Can Do It When It Counts Pal! - Gumshoe performs a very powerful shoulder tackle
Level 2: Blue Badger - Gumshoe places the Blue Badger on the ground dealing damage to the opponent if they run into it
Level 3: Seven Secret Weapons - Gumshoe calls Missle the dog to tackle the opponent and then Gumshoe proceeds to throw the other 6 Secret weapons at the enemy, each one dealing more damage to the opponent than the last.

Gumshoe would be a fun pick as he is a constant throughout the main games and is a popular character.
I love how Smashboards censors his name

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
I’m sorry for being a bit mean about the submission. I was actually taking care of my two kids while my wife was busy with a job interview. I wanted to make sure to give you some time for an alternative submission hence my quick and probably unhelpful post. Sorry about that.

Job #19: Submit a Capcom Newcomer from a Veteran Series Currently in MvC4
So we will be adding another character from a veteran series into our Capcom roster. This character is one of our newcomers. Veteran series includes:

Street Fighter
Darkstalkers
Mega Man
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil
Ghouls n Ghosts
Captain Commando
Strider
Ace Attorney
For the vote:

1. Monster Hunter
2. Viewtiful Joe

For Job#19

Jon Talbain

Darkstalkers_Resurrection_Jon_Talbain_01.png

Jon Talbain is a werewolf from the Darkstalkers franchise. Born by a British mother and a werewolf father who is believed to be from Makai. Sadly, his mother died shortly after birth and his father was nowhere to be seen. He had been alone for many years living a normal life as a human until one night when the full moon rised, the beast within his soul transformed him in to a werewolf. This forced him to hide away from the human society.

When Jon found out that he was a Darkstalker, he held no animosity towards his parents. Determined to prevent his primal instincts from consuming his soul, he dedicated himself to martial arts and ki energy in hopes that he can reach his limit to not only maintain his inner instinct, but also his human form.

After Pyron's defeat, Jon Talbain had indeed regained his human form. But at the same time, he was neglected by the human society since he is the blood of a Darstalker in which he was only accepted by children. Even though he had sustained his human form for years, Jon could still feel the beast deep within his soul and when he heard a voice speaking to his mind, he reverted back as a werewolf. Talbain realised that it is impossible to get rid of his curse.

During his time in the Majigen, he finally obtained control over his form and learned to aacept his life as a wolf.

Level 1: Dragon Cannon - Whilst yielding his nunchakus, Jon fires out a ki-based dragon beam to his opponent.
Level 1: Moment of Slice - I feel that this Level 1 attack should act as a counter attack. If successful, Jon will launch a huge slash back to his opponent.
Level 3: Mirage Body Fury - Similar to his Dark Force attack, Jon will summon out his inner instinct version of himself where they will be unleash martial art moves before landing the final blow.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Tronn Bonne011
Mike Haggar1 (2)24
BB Hood1 (2)02
Monster Hunter2 (4)15
Viewtiful Joe2 (4)26

Based on the results, we will be included Viewtiful Joe into Marvel vs Capcom 4! He:s sure to show us how to become a true superhero through his flashy moves!

We will finally move into voting...

I'm assuming that my own nomination has to be second, though I'd probably put another character in first anyway.

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Mike Haggar

Viewtiful Joe was great, and it's a shame that we never got Viewtiful Joe 3.

Job 19:

Lady (Devil May Cry)

One of Dante's allies, Lady stands out among the playable characters in the Devil May Cry series by being the only one with no demonic powers. Instead, she just has guns - lots of guns. Her main weapon is Kalina Ann, a rocket launcher with a bayonet/grappling hook which can be used for slow melee attacks, but she also has grenades, a shotgun, a crossbow, a submachine gun, and twin pistols. In addition, Devil May Cry 5 gives Dante a second rocket launcher called Kalina Ann II, which was intended for Lady - Lady could presumably use both rocket launchers in the same way that Dante did.

Lady's a popular enough character that she became one of Dante's partners going forward, and people were hoping for her to be playable in DMC3's Switch version as one of the new features. For reference for how she could play, here's her gameplay from Devil May Cry 4.

Hyper Combo ideas:

-Level 1: Biker Ram - hopping on her motorcycle, Lady dashes straight forward - this attack has super armour, but once she travels far enough, she leaps off of the bike and it explodes

-Level 1: Multiple - Lady stands still, aiming her bazooka, as the player controls a cursor that moves around the screen. Pressing the attack button, or after a certain amount of time, causes homing rockets to launch at the opponent - you can have multiple cursors on an enemy character, but waiting it out leaves her wide open to attack

-Level 3: Cascade - Lady pulls out Kalina Ann II, connects the two rocket launchers together, and fires a long-ranged heat beam/laser that pierces through enemies. The laser can be steered upwards or downwards, but it's tough to control like this, and it works better with just firing it straight ahead.
View attachment 332616
Megaman.exe

Megaman.exe is the netnavi of Lan, debuting and being the main protagonist of the Mega Man Battle Network games for GBA, this subseries is often on the same rank as the X and classic series as a main subseires in contrast to the Legends and ZX games. He would be interesting as his gameplay revolves around using battle chips to give a variety of effects and augment his abilities. With how the other Mega Mans sans ZX subseries having a playable rep in some form it would be fitting to add this guy to the ranks.
1. Haggar
2. Tron

So many good choices! It was extremely hard to pick this round.

Ada Wong (Resident Evil)

A true femme fatale and the sometimes rival sometimes love interest of Leon Kennedy. Ada would have some fun interactions with various members of the cast due to her seductive and sly personality and her history of being a double agent. Ada would make use of various weapons and gadgets in her moveset.
Vote:

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Monster Hunter

Newcomer:

Nero from the Devil May Cry series

Nero is the main protagonist of DMC 4 and DMC 5 (with the latter setting him up to run the DMC business) and boasts his own unique set of skills to set him apart from Dante and Vergil. Prime among them is his Devil Bringer and later the Devil Breakers after dear old dad tore his arm off, thanks dad. The Devil Bringer is simple in function, it provides Nero with powerful grabs and has quite a long reach helping him grab enemies and certain points to zip to. It also stored the Yamato which would play a part in Nero's first Devil Trigger state where an apparition of Yamato would appear and help extend combos and do more damage. Come the next game, the utility is vastly expanded with rocket punches (that he can ride on), Electric Bursts, Shock Waves, Time bombs, Time Dilation spheres and a Drill on top of functionality mimicking the original arm, these also feature vastly stronger attacks called Break Ages that immediately break the arm but have incredibly strong effects. The Yamato Summon functionality is not able to be recreated however.

Nero's weaponry whilst similar to Dante's base kit of Rebellion/Sparda/DSD and Ebony and Ivory is still rather distinct. Nero wields his sword, Red Queen rather differently and the main feature is the Exceed mechanic. By revving up his sword's hilt Nero can eventually charge up the Red Queen to unleash devastating attacks, with upgrades, you can time the rev during a combo to get a level of exceed without having to wait around and slowly charge up again. The Blue Rose is a revolver with the ability to charge really strong shots and a slow rate of fire as opposed to E&I being as fast as you can push the button

Like his father and uncle, Nero also has a true Devil Trigger form in which he gets his arm back and is able to do classic Devil Bringer moves together again. This acts much like Dante's and Vergil's with regenerating health, extra skills and generally enhanced stats.

With that said, the Hyper combos (based on DMC5):

Level 1 - Break Age - These are powerful enhanced Devil Breaker moves, before explaining this in full I should talk about Devil Breaker mechanics. Nero would be able to swap between his arms during normal gameplay with a Down, Down, Special input, these are able to be broken if Nero is hit whilst using one so they need to be used carefully but rather than have a limited supply, they are on a timer instead so Nero doesn't completely lose out on his moves.

Now for Break Age's themselves, they instantly break the arm on use so this super is immediately more of a commitment than usual, but as said, the arm will regenerate. For the individual arms he would hypothetically have:

Overture - Nero rushes towards the opponent and sticks the Overture arm into them, now acting like a time bomb. Nero can detonate this early by hitting or shooting the enemy. If Nero whiffs, the arm isn't broken.

Gerbera - On the ground Nero fires a huge beam at his foes which he can freely aim. In the air, Nero fires a barrage of lasers that ricochet around the arena.

Punch Line - Nero rushes towards his opponent and delivers a mighty uppercut with the arm shooting off and carrying the foe a short distance before exploding and dealing more damage.

Helter Skelter - Nero again rushes towards his opponent whilst spinning the arm, this move can break through an opponent's block and super armour.

Tomboy - This functions the same as usual, granting Nero an enhanced moveset for a short while, the difference here is that the arm won't break whilst hit in this state but it will break after the time is up.

Buster - This delivers a vastly enhanced command grab that deals more damage and grants super armour so it can't be interrupted. Breaks after the grab is done. If it misses, the arm doesn't break.

Rawhide - Nero swings the arm around above his head, if a foe is caught here he swings them around like a ragdoll before slamming them into the ground repeatedly

Ragtime - This slows down time for Nero's foes making them and their moves a lot slower.

Level 1 - Devil Trigger - I've covered this just above but to recap, slowly regenerates health and boosts stats and gives slightly extra functionality with both Long Reach to zip to the foe and powerful command grabs, Nero also gains added summoned swords with is Blue Rose attacks. The activation animation is reminiscent of how he activates it in DMCV but obviously a more family friendly version.

Level 3 - Maximum Showdown Bet - This attack requires Devil Trigger be activated first, in part for balance but also because Nero already has several powerful options available without DT. For this move Nero uses his Showdown skill before ending with Maximum Bet where Nero unleashes a barrage of attacks using Red Queen and a summoned version of Yamato before ending off with a spinning attack with Red Queen that shatters reality and sends out an X shaped projectile to carry the foe away
I know next to nothing about Ace Attorney but I feel she would be a nice foil to Ol Phoenix.

Franziska con Karma

Instead of searching for evidence in the same way Phoenix does, she just beats the everlasting evidence out of them. Unlike Phoenix, she is more interested in results than the process and will try to get results…even if it means resorting to using “physical persuasion”. Her attacks focuses mostly on the use of her whip and using legal Mumbo-jumbo like “Turnabout Counter” to reflect “accusations” back to the opponent.

I know very little of the series and I would be open to interpretation on what her hypers could be. That being said, I would envision the following:
1) Hyper Combo 1: Whip of Judgement (she performs a thousand lashes from her whip while laughing manically)
2) Hyper Combo 2: Pose of Strength (She holds up her whip in front of her. This is a counter hyper which causes her to curl her whip around the opponent like a top and squeeze them; dealing high damage
3) Assaulting the Judge (She whips her whip about her which traps the opponent into the cinematic hyper. The judge is about to sentence whomever to jail when she furiously whips the judge into submission. This somehow? also damages the opponent.)
1. Monster Hunter
2. Viewtiful Joe

Submission: Ryunosuke Naruhodo

Phoenix Wright’s ancestor and protagonist of the Great Ace Attorney series, Ryunosuke would be somewhat of a “semi-clone” to Phoenix, having the same gimmick but different attacks aside from a few similar ones. I feel like he would be a good pick because he would represent a popular yet underrated side of a franchise, and would bring an interesting tone to the series given how he’s from the past.

Hyper Combo 1: Karuma
He runs forward while repeatedly swinging his sword around

Hyper Combo 2: Herlock’s Deductions
Herlock Sholmes appears behind the opponent, if Ryunosuke close enough to them. This leads into a cinematic where Herlock is investigating around them, but then suddenly Ryunosuke snaps his fingers, launching them away and dealing damage to them

Hyper Combo 3: Great Ace Attorney
Essentially the same as Phoenix’s level 3 hyper combo, only it’s Ryunosuke doing it so the stand looks different, and his voice/voice lines are changed.

Also just putting it out there, one of his moves absolutely has to use the susato takedown or maybe summon susato to do the move
View attachment 332644
Rashid (Street Fighter)

Rashid of the Turbulent Wind, the airbending aristocrat joins the fray! Debuting in Street Fighter V, Rashid was designed as the main character for that game and, upon his reveal, quickly became a fan favorite for his design, powerset, and likable personality.

In MvC Rashid would be a more-or-less faithful translation of his SFV kit since they're both fighting games, with his Hypers being Wing Stroke (Level 1), Ysaar (Level 2), and Altair (Level 3).

I, like many others, thought Rashid was a lock for MvCI. It made sense, he was new, he was beloved, and he would rep SFV in a manner not dissimilar to how Viper repped SFIV in MvC3. But if it was not to be in MvCI (perhaps a blessing in disguise) there's no reason why he can't debut in MvC4!
1. Tron
2. BB Hood

**** Gumshoe

For the vote:

1. Monster Hunter
2. Viewtiful Joe

For Job#19

Jon Talbain

View attachment 332708

Jon Talbain is a werewolf from the Darkstalkers franchise. Born by a British mother and a werewolf father who is believed to be from Makai. Sadly, his mother died shortly after birth and his father was nowhere to be seen. He had been alone for many years living a normal life as a human until one night when the full moon rised, the beast within his soul transformed him in to a werewolf. This forced him to hide away from the human society.

When Jon found out that he was a Darkstalker, he held no animosity towards his parents. Determined to prevent his primal instincts from consuming his soul, he dedicated himself to martial arts and ki energy in hopes that he can reach his limit to not only maintain his inner instinct, but also his human form.

After Pyron's defeat, Jon Talbain had indeed regained his human form. But at the same time, he was neglected by the human society since he is the blood of a Darstalker in which he was only accepted by children. Even though he had sustained his human form for years, Jon could still feel the beast deep within his soul and when he heard a voice speaking to his mind, he reverted back as a werewolf. Talbain realised that it is impossible to get rid of his curse.

During his time in the Majigen, he finally obtained control over his form and learned to aacept his life as a wolf.

Level 1: Dragon Cannon - Whilst yielding his nunchakus, Jon fires out a ki-based dragon beam to his opponent.
Level 1: Moment of Slice - I feel that this Level 1 attack should act as a counter attack. If successful, Jon will launch a huge slash back to his opponent.
Level 3: Mirage Body Fury - Similar to his Dark Force attack, Jon will summon out his inner instinct version of himself where they will be unleash martial art moves before landing the final blow.
Here is the full list of submissions plus series...

• Lady (Devil May Cry)
  • Megaman.exe (Mega Man)
  • Nero (Devil May Cry)
  • Ada Wong (Resident Evil)
  • Franziska Von Karma (Ace Attorney)
  • Ryunosuke Naruhodo (Ace Attorney)
  • Rashid (Street Fighter)
  • **** Gumshoe (Ace Attorney)
  • Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)

Please vote for your top 3 submissions! Ranked voting is on!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #20: Submit a Non-Raccoon City Stage for Resident Evil

Raccoon City is the default go-to stage for RE and we saw this with Smash Infinite. Marvel vs Capcom went with Tricell Labs instead for a stage and I always felt that was a bold move. I want to replicate this by adding another stage that`s not based on this location but somewhere else in the franchise. As long as its not Raccoon City, all is fair game as long as its within the main game series. (I am also not kicking myself for not submitting that vampire lady....)

D

Deleted member

1. Nero
2. Jon
3. Franziska

Castle Dimitrescu (Resident Evil: Village)

Did someone mention the big vampire lady? This stage takes place inside the castle in front of the creepy staircases. Doors will ooen to reveal various rooms. The vampire daughters will appear and disappear, watching the battle. Eventually the Lady herself will appear through the main door, watching the fight. This doesn't mean we can't make her playable of coruse.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Nero - As the main character of the last 2 DMCs and likely future games in the series he should be a lock for MvC. Plus the Devil Bringer has crazy potential.
2. MegaMan.EXE - I love when MvC adds a new, different Mega Man and it would be great if it was .EXE's turn!
3. Franziska - Sorry to Ryuu and especially to Gumshoe, one of my favorite characters in AA, but she was made to be in a fighting game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #20: Submit a Non-Raccoon City Stage for Resident Evil

Raccoon City is the default go-to stage for RE and we saw this with Smash Infinite. Marvel vs Capcom went with Tricell Labs instead for a stage and I always felt that was a bold move. I want to replicate this by adding another stage that`s not based on this location but somewhere else in the franchise. As long as its not Raccoon City, all is fair game as long as its within the main game series. (I am also not kicking myself for not submitting that vampire lady....)
Spencer Mansion

Spencer_Mansion_2.png

This mansion was location of where everything began when STARS agents Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine and the other surviving members unveiled its darkest hidden secret which was all a scheme made by the Umbrella Corporation headed by none other than Albert Wesker. I'd probably imagine you will see a load of zombies and BOWs lurking around the stage's background.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Lady01 (2)1 3
Megaman.exe01 (2)02
Nero2 (6)1 (2)210
Ada Wong1 (3)003
Franziska 2 (6)1 (2)311
Ryunosuke01 (2)13
Rashid3 (9)1 (2)011
Job Tailban02 (4)04

We will be conducting an off site polling for the tiebreaker between Franziska and Rashid.

Next, we will also be voting for the Stage. We have two stages based on Resident Evil.

1. Nero
2. Jon
3. Franziska

Castle Dimitrescu (Resident Evil: Village)

Did someone mention the big vampire lady? This stage takes place inside the castle in front of the creepy staircases. Doors will ooen to reveal various rooms. The vampire daughters will appear and disappear, watching the battle. Eventually the Lady herself will appear through the main door, watching the fight. This doesn't mean we can't make her playable of coruse.
Spencer Mansion

View attachment 332980

This mansion was location of where everything began when STARS agents Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine and the other surviving members unveiled its darkest hidden secret which was all a scheme made by the Umbrella Corporation headed by none other than Albert Wesker. I'd probably imagine you will see a load of zombies and BOWs lurking around the stage's background.
In list form, we have:
  • Castle Dimitrescu
  • Spencer Mansion

Please vote for your top choice

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Lady01 (2)13
Megaman.exe01 (2)02
Nero2 (6)1 (2)210
Ada Wong1 (3)003
Franziska2 (6)1 (2)311
Ryunosuke01 (2)13
Rashid3 (9)1 (2)011
Job Tailban02 (4)04

We will be conducting an off site polling for the tiebreaker between Franziska and Rashid.

Next, we will also be voting for the Stage. We have two stages based on Resident Evil.

In list form, we have:
  • Castle Dimitrescu
  • Spencer Mansion

Please vote for your top choice
Castle Dimitrescu is my choice.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #21: Submit Cameos for the Oscorp Building

Like before, we will be submitting content for a stage. This will be for the Oscorp Building. We will be focusing primarily on Spider-Man villains for these cameos. Please note these villains will become unavailable for future jobs.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #21: Submit Cameos for the Oscorp Building

Like before, we will be submitting content for a stage. This will be for the Oscorp Building. We will be focusing primarily on Spider-Man villains for these cameos. Please note these villains will become unavailable for future jobs.
Job #21 - Shocker

I do believe that there are several Spider-Man villains that can work as cameos to appear on the Oscorp building facility. One that I would like to see as a cameo is Shocker:

Herman Schultz aka the Shocker had worked alongside Norman Osborn once as part of the Sinister 12 in the Marvel Knights: Spider-Man issues in which Osborn recruited villains who had a grudge with Spider-Man.

D

Deleted member

Electro

One of Spider-Man's most frequent enemies and a member of the Sinister Six. Electro will fly around in the backhround, shooting out electricity.

(Swapped my submission out. Figured someone might wanna submit Hobby as an alt)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be putting forth Scorpion. Not a write up but one of the more interesting Spidey villains IMO.

Here are the results of the polling between Rashid and Franziska!

Our sharp-tongue whip wielding prosecutor is set to join a crossover of champions!

Here is the results of our stage voting for Resident Evil

Spencer Mansion: 1
Castle Dimistrecu: 1

While it’s not because of any bias in regards to the newest game, RE has historically (as in once) included RE content in MvC based on the newest games. This, I vote for the Castle as our RE stage.

Job #22: How many more characters should we add!

So as we stand, we have roughly 18 characters for both sides which comes out to 36. We have 12 Veterans and 6 Newcomers on the Marvel side and 13 Veterans and 5 Newcomers on the Capcom side.

Between a number of 36 and 60, how many do you think we should include in order to keep the roster within realistic boundaries and keeping in mind about incoming DLC.

Should we go with a smaller number of launch charqcters with more dlc characters or a larger launch roster with less dlc characters?

What should be our ratio for newcomers to veterans? Should we try to balance it out? Focus on adding last favorites like Venom, Sentinel, Rocket, Storm, Felicia, Sigma, Amaterasu, etc? Or should we prioritize newcomers like the Inhumans, Defenders, other villains, mutants, Dr. Wily, Date, Regina, Batsu, etc.

This will be a discussion while also submitting the following:
  • Preferred roster size with the focus on keeping the two sides balanced in numbers
  • Large launch roster and smaller dlc roster vs smaller launch roster and large dlc roster
  • Ratio of newcomers to veterans

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think we should have a roster of 50 for the base game. It’s a huge amount of characters but not too unreasonable for this series and I just think it would be a good amount of characters.

It would be good to get some veterans in here but I do think we should probably focus on adding new characters. I don’t really think it matters much though. I also don’t have much of an opinion of DLC quite yet.

In terms of specific characters, I feel the more “important” veterans to add are Deadpool, Cable and Thanos. And then for new characters I feel like we should prioritize street fighter, darkstalkers and devil may cry characters who haven’t been in the vs series before. Nero from devil may cry feels pretty much essential for this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel we should go for 39/40-ish characters. This would allow us to stay balanced while still having a farily large launch roster. We could expand with DLC.

As for vets vs newcomers I don't have a particular preference. I think there are some veteran that we should try and include, but I'm over gonna say no to more newcomers.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What veterans do people think we need to include that haven’t yet?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I will be putting forth Scorpion. Not a write up but one of the more interesting Spidey villains IMO.

Here are the results of the polling between Rashid and Franziska!

Our sharp-tongue whip wielding prosecutor is set to join a crossover of champions!

Here is the results of our stage voting for Resident Evil

Spencer Mansion: 1
Castle Dimistrecu: 1

While it’s not because of any bias in regards to the newest game, RE has historically (as in once) included RE content in MvC based on the newest games. This, I vote for the Castle as our RE stage.

Job #22: How many more characters should we add!

So as we stand, we have roughly 18 characters for both sides which comes out to 36. We have 12 Veterans and 6 Newcomers on the Marvel side and 13 Veterans and 5 Newcomers on the Capcom side.

Between a number of 36 and 60, how many do you think we should include in order to keep the roster within realistic boundaries and keeping in mind about incoming DLC.

Should we go with a smaller number of launch charqcters with more dlc characters or a larger launch roster with less dlc characters?

What should be our ratio for newcomers to veterans? Should we try to balance it out? Focus on adding last favorites like Venom, Sentinel, Rocket, Storm, Felicia, Sigma, Amaterasu, etc? Or should we prioritize newcomers like the Inhumans, Defenders, other villains, mutants, Dr. Wily, Date, Regina, Batsu, etc.

This will be a discussion while also submitting the following:
  • Preferred roster size with the focus on keeping the two sides balanced in numbers
  • Large launch roster and smaller dlc roster vs smaller launch roster and large dlc roster
  • Ratio of newcomers to veterans
I'd prefer a roster that has an even balance between veterans and newcomer characters. So maybe start of with a roster between 46-50 would be a great place to start. But to be honest, I'm not entirely too fussed with the roster numbers as long as I am satisfied with the picks. For DLC characters I would possibly say perhaps stick around a size of 6 to 8 characters?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be adjusting our roster size to accommodate for those brought up earlier. That being said…

Job #23: Add a Marvel Newcomer that you feel needs to be included

Basically, is there a Marvel newcomer character that’s not in the game yet that you feel “Hey, it’s strange this character isn’t in yet.” This could be due to popularity, relevancy, being iconic having an interesting moveset, or any combination of those. As always, submit why you think so as well as their three Hyper Combos.

D

Deleted member

What veterans do people think we need to include that haven’t yet?
In terms of Marvel: Some form of GOTG character, be that Rocket, Gamora, or we choose to go with a Newcomer in Starlord. Storm. Black Widow. Venom. Thanos (though he is overused a bit so maybe we could get away with leaving him out.)

Capcom:

Honestly I think our line up is really good. Would be cool to get Ammy. Maybe MH rep.

Ms. Marvel

A more recent character, but one that has already broke out due to her appearances in numerous video games and cartoons, aswel as an upcoming streaming series (with an appearance in the Captian marvel sequel confirmed.) She would represent the younger side of the marvel universe, and would bring some important POC representation to the roster. Her stretching abilities would give her a really fun and unique play style.

Hyper Combos

Lvl 1: Embiggen Punch: Kamala turns her fist huge and strikes the opponent, slamming them multiple times.
Lvl 2: Marvelous Stretch: Kamala stretches herself around the opponent and wraps them up, slamming them onto the ground.
Lvl 3 Embiggen Fury: Kamala grabs the opponent with an enlarged fist, she then proceeds to turn huge and slam the opponent into the ground multiple times.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I will be adjusting our roster size to accommodate for those brought up earlier. That being said…

Job #23: Add a Marvel Newcomer that you feel needs to be included

Basically, is there a Marvel newcomer character that’s not in the game yet that you feel “Hey, it’s strange this character isn’t in yet.” This could be due to popularity, relevancy, being iconic having an interesting moveset, or any combination of those. As always, submit why you think so as well as their three Hyper Combos.
Job #23

There is one Marvel newcomer character that I always wanted to see in a Marvel Vs Capcom entry:

The Master of Kung Fu - Shang-Chi

Shang Chi is highly skilled martial artist who went against his father's evil intentions whose objective was to train him in to an assassin. After defying his father, he went on to join a variety of teams that include the MI-6, Agents of Atlas to the Five Weapons Society and meeting with several superheroes that included Spider-Man. The master of kung fu also made his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut last month with the Legend of the Ten Rings which was proven to be a massive success and gave his character the spotlight that it truly deserved.

Hyper-Combos:

Level 1: Nunchaku Fury: Shang Chi unleashes a flurry of nunchaku flails against his opponent.
Level 1: Art of Duplication: Shang Chi summons a number of duplications of himself to launch a devastating attack.
Level 3: Master of Kung Fu: Shang Chi unleashes a number of punching blows, launches his opponent in to the air with his nunchaku before ending it with a high flight dragon kick.

Overall I do believe that in terms of gameplay, Shang Chi could be a fun addition to the Marvel Vs Capcom franchise with his moveset mostly inspired by a lot of kung-fu martial arts.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Behold the Mighty Squirrel!

Squirrel Girl

While I’m up for a debate on which style to go from (the cute version, thicc version, geeky version, goofy version), I think that Squirrel Girl would be an amazing addition and add some silliness to the roster that I think is missing. She could be a scrapper with hit and run tactics that’s meant to annoy opponents. Heck, she could even maybe steal and syphon the Hyper Combo bar with her attacks like a squirrel taking another’s nuts.

Hyper Combos
1: Nuts Away!: Squirrel Girl along with two other Squirrels throw a barrage of nuts that differ in arcs and trajectories
2: One Gigantic Squirrel: Summons a gigantic fat squirrel that crashes down and smothers the opponent.
3. One Squirrel Army: Summons a barrage of squirrels which rushes forward. Getting hit traps the opponent in a cinematic HC. The squirrels will surround and scamper around the opponent; scratching them as they try to get them out. Squirrel Girl then arrives and grabs the opponent and jumps high into the air. As she does this, the squirrels will jump off from the opponent. She then slams the opponent into the ground while stamping into them along with her squirrel pals.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Thing

Ben Grimm, also known as the Thing, is one of the founding members of the Fantastic Four, and seemingly the most popular member of the group (there was an entire book called Marvel Two-In-One which basically existed to have the Thing team up with various super-heroes, and to my knowledge, Spider-Man's the only one who got similar treatment). Buried beneath his monstrous rock-like appearance is a heart of gold and a seemingly-endless source of determination.

While not as strong as the Hulk (despite Ben's insistence to the contrary), Ben is a much smarter fighter, with pro wrestling experience in the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation and a background in brawling, boxing, and football.

Hyper Combos:

1. Rocky Rush - Ben rushes forward like an NFL player, plowing through whoever's in his way. When using this move, he has super armour that withstands a few hits.
2. Worthless Doohickey - picking up some kind of massive device from Reed's lab as though it's a toy, Ben hurls it into the air. It travels in an arc, going high enough to serve as an anti-air attack before crashing to the ground, but there's a big gap where it's safe if you stay grounded.
3. Super-Hero Poker - the Thing picks up a poker table and slams it into the ground. If it connects with an opponent, we cut to the opponent and Ben sitting at a poker table along with two NPCs (a lot of people have been involved in Ben's poker games, so it could basically be any superhero that doesn't wind up playable, or even some villains like the Sandman). Ben's proud of his hand, slamming it down on the table dramatically, but one of the other players has him beat. Ben accuses the player in question of cheating, and it turns into a brawl that Ben's opponent gets caught up in.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Moon Knight

Marc Spector, a former mercenary turned servant of the Egyptian Moon God, Khonshu. Moon Knight has been a cult favourite character for a while now and has a Disney Plus show well on the way, he's generally been a key member of the Midnight Sons and Marvel Knights teams and had a recent Avengers event dedicated to him called Age of Khonshu.

As Moon Knight, Marc possesses a variety of gadgets like his crescent darts, a truncheon which can act as a club, a pair of nunchaku, a taser and a grappling hook, a glider cloak, a pair of bracers that can imitate Spider-Man's webs and Wolverine's claws, silver cestus and even Ankhs, some of which were empowered so they could drain powers including that of a Ghost Rider and a Sorcerer Supreme among others. Beyond this he also possesses immense combat training and thanks to his connection with Khonshu, he can enhance his powers with the intensity of the moon and even manipulate similar celestial bodies and objects made from their material.

Hyper Combos

Level 1 - Lunar Enhancement - Moon Knight calls on the power of a Supermoon to enhance his stats as shown with a glowing white aura.
Level 1 - Fist of Khonshu - Moon Knight raises his arm and calls on a slither of Khonshu's power before delivering a devastating punch to the foe using his Cestus and Wolverine bracer much like a Bionic Arm.
Level 3 - Khonshu Unleashed - Moon Knight strikes his foe and stuns them before calling on Khonshu's true power and bombards them with lunar rocks before summoning several moons to crush the foe.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I settled with the total number of fighters! We are including 46 total fighters so that’s 22 fighters per company. That leaves us roughly five fighters per company so ten left to include! I hadn’t realized we made it that far!

We will commence voting for our Marvel newcomer!

Here are our submissions:
Job #23

There is one Marvel newcomer character that I always wanted to see in a Marvel Vs Capcom entry:

The Master of Kung Fu - Shang-Chi

Shang Chi is highly skilled martial artist who went against his father's evil intentions whose objective was to train him in to an assassin. After defying his father, he went on to join a variety of teams that include the MI-6, Agents of Atlas to the Five Weapons Society and meeting with several superheroes that included Spider-Man. The master of kung fu also made his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut last month with the Legend of the Ten Rings which was proven to be a massive success and gave his character the spotlight that it truly deserved.

Hyper-Combos:

Level 1: Nunchaku Fury: Shang Chi unleashes a flurry of nunchaku flails against his opponent.
Level 1: Art of Duplication: Shang Chi summons a number of duplications of himself to launch a devastating attack.
Level 3: Master of Kung Fu: Shang Chi unleashes a number of punching blows, launches his opponent in to the air with his nunchaku before ending it with a high flight dragon kick.

Overall I do believe that in terms of gameplay, Shang Chi could be a fun addition to the Marvel Vs Capcom franchise with his moveset mostly inspired by a lot of kung-fu martial arts.
Behold the Mighty Squirrel!

Squirrel Girl

While I’m up for a debate on which style to go from (the cute version, thicc version, geeky version, goofy version), I think that Squirrel Girl would be an amazing addition and add some silliness to the roster that I think is missing. She could be a scrapper with hit and run tactics that’s meant to annoy opponents. Heck, she could even maybe steal and syphon the Hyper Combo bar with her attacks like a squirrel taking another’s nuts.

Hyper Combos
1: Nuts Away!: Squirrel Girl along with two other Squirrels throw a barrage of nuts that differ in arcs and trajectories
2: One Gigantic Squirrel: Summons a gigantic fat squirrel that crashes down and smothers the opponent.
3. One Squirrel Army: Summons a barrage of squirrels which rushes forward. Getting hit traps the opponent in a cinematic HC. The squirrels will surround and scamper around the opponent; scratching them as they try to get them out. Squirrel Girl then arrives and grabs the opponent and jumps high into the air. As she does this, the squirrels will jump off from the opponent. She then slams the opponent into the ground while stamping into them along with her squirrel pals.

The Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Thing

Ben Grimm, also known as the Thing, is one of the founding members of the Fantastic Four, and seemingly the most popular member of the group (there was an entire book called Marvel Two-In-One which basically existed to have the Thing team up with various super-heroes, and to my knowledge, Spider-Man's the only one who got similar treatment). Buried beneath his monstrous rock-like appearance is a heart of gold and a seemingly-endless source of determination.

While not as strong as the Hulk (despite Ben's insistence to the contrary), Ben is a much smarter fighter, with pro wrestling experience in the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation and a background in brawling, boxing, and football.

Hyper Combos:

1. Rocky Rush - Ben rushes forward like an NFL player, plowing through whoever's in his way. When using this move, he has super armour that withstands a few hits.
2. Worthless Doohickey - picking up some kind of massive device from Reed's lab as though it's a toy, Ben hurls it into the air. It travels in an arc, going high enough to serve as an anti-air attack before crashing to the ground, but there's a big gap where it's safe if you stay grounded.
3. Super-Hero Poker - the Thing picks up a poker table and slams it into the ground. If it connects with an opponent, we cut to the opponent and Ben sitting at a poker table along with two NPCs (a lot of people have been involved in Ben's poker games, so it could basically be any superhero that doesn't wind up playable, or even some villains like the Sandman). Ben's proud of his hand, slamming it down on the table dramatically, but one of the other players has him beat. Ben accuses the player in question of cheating, and it turns into a brawl that Ben's opponent gets caught up in.
Moon Knight

Marc Spector, a former mercenary turned servant of the Egyptian Moon God, Khonshu. Moon Knight has been a cult favourite character for a while now and has a Disney Plus show well on the way, he's generally been a key member of the Midnight Sons and Marvel Knights teams and had a recent Avengers event dedicated to him called Age of Khonshu.

As Moon Knight, Marc possesses a variety of gadgets like his crescent darts, a truncheon which can act as a club, a pair of nunchaku, a taser and a grappling hook, a glider cloak, a pair of bracers that can imitate Spider-Man's webs and Wolverine's claws, silver cestus and even Ankhs, some of which were empowered so they could drain powers including that of a Ghost Rider and a Sorcerer Supreme among others. Beyond this he also possesses immense combat training and thanks to his connection with Khonshu, he can enhance his powers with the intensity of the moon and even manipulate similar celestial bodies and objects made from their material.

Hyper Combos

Level 1 - Lunar Enhancement - Moon Knight calls on the power of a Supermoon to enhance his stats as shown with a glowing white aura.
Level 1 - Fist of Khonshu - Moon Knight raises his arm and calls on a slither of Khonshu's power before delivering a devastating punch to the foe using his Cestus and Wolverine bracer much like a Bionic Arm.
Level 3 - Khonshu Unleashed - Moon Knight strikes his foe and stuns them before calling on Khonshu's true power and bombards them with lunar rocks before summoning several moons to crush the foe.
In terms of Marvel: Some form of GOTG character, be that Rocket, Gamora, or we choose to go with a Newcomer in Starlord. Storm. Black Widow. Venom. Thanos (though he is overused a bit so maybe we could get away with leaving him out.)

Capcom:

Honestly I think our line up is really good. Would be cool to get Ammy. Maybe MH rep.

Ms. Marvel

A more recent character, but one that has already broke out due to her appearances in numerous video games and cartoons, aswel as an upcoming streaming series (with an appearance in the Captian marvel sequel confirmed.) She would represent the younger side of the marvel universe, and would bring some important POC representation to the roster. Her stretching abilities would give her a really fun and unique play style.

Hyper Combos

Lvl 1: Kamala turns her fist huge and strikes the opponent, slamming them multiple times.
Lvl 2: Kamala stretches herself around the opponent and wraps them up, slamming them onto the ground.
Lvl 3: Kamala kicks the opponent with an enlarged foot, she then proceeds to turn huge and smacks the opponent, sending them flying.
In list form:
  1. Ms. Marvel
  2. Shang-Chi
  3. Squirrel Girl
  4. Thing
  5. Moon Knight
Please vote for your top 3 submissions!

Job #24: Submit a Capcom Veteran that you feel should return
As we near the end of our launch roster, we will blaze forward and add another Capcom veteran from previous MvC games. However, the catch with this one is that we are including a character whose absence would long be questioned due to how popular and iconic they are to the series. I also decided to hold off the MvC original characters for a dlc submission round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom