• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Devil May Cry

Dante's shop sharing the namesake of the series.

The stage itself would take place just outside with the neon sign being based on the DMC1 version. The background would feature cameos from Lady and/or Trish if they aren't selected/playable and they could be battling demons like Hell Prides by bursting out of the shop windows, Nico could even show up with DMC5's van in typical reckless fashion.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Kang
2. Loki
3. Kingpin

Devil May Cry Stage - Red Grave City - Pawn's Avenue.

This is the hometown of Dante and Vergil and where the events of the fifth game took place.

There are several landmark locations within Red Grave City, but I opt for Pawn's Avenue. I could see feature several demons arising from the grounds within this derelict stage which had been sealed off by the military after the demonic incursion.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our Villain submission!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Kang the Conqueror3 (9)1 (2)2 13
Loki3 (9)2 (4)114
Miphisto 2 (6)1 (2)311
Absorbing Man0000
Kingpin1 (3) 5 (10)216
Sin0011

While Kingpin is indeed the winner, the votes were pretty close between Kingpin, Kang, and Loki. Especially if you look at how many 2’s that Kingpin received compared to Kang and Loki. The ratio is pretty skewed. We will be conducting yet another poll via Runoff Poll to ensure we are including the character th thread feels is best.

Runoff Poll

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well…the results are in….

Kang, Kingpin, and Loki all received 3 votes each meaning a three way tie. Instead of trying to break that tie again….

We will just be including all 3 of them. Are all solid submissions and feel like they would be at home in Marvel vs Capcom. In addition, the fact they are doing so well in voting shows that it would be a matter of time before they were included. I didn’t intend for this to happen but I think it makes the most sense. It does take up some of the villain and newcomer positions in MvC4 but it should be ok.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Voting Time!
Job 20: Devil May Cry stage

As this stage is in the endgame of Devil May Cry 5, I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

Qliphoth Roots (Devil May Cry 5)

The site of the final boss battles with Vergil in Devil May Cry 5, the roots of the Qliphoth (pronounced Kly-foth), which extend into the air, are largely flat and barren as seen in the picture above, making them well-suited for a fighting game stage. Large jagged structures, along with the upper atmosphere, can be seen in the background. After a while, Nico's van will drive through the background, skidding to a stop so the DMC characters that don't wind up playable can get out and watch, cheering on the fighters and enjoying the carnage.
Job 20

Temen-ni-gru

This is the main location in Devil May Cry 3. The stage would take place on the top of the Tower (Pictured above), and you can see many demons flying or walking around in the background. Nico's Van also has a chance of driving through some demons in the background
Devil May Cry

Dante's shop sharing the namesake of the series.

The stage itself would take place just outside with the neon sign being based on the DMC1 version. The background would feature cameos from Lady and/or Trish if they aren't selected/playable and they could be battling demons like Hell Prides by bursting out of the shop windows, Nico could even show up with DMC5's van in typical reckless fashion.
1. Kang
2. Loki
3. Kingpin

Devil May Cry Stage - Red Grave City - Pawn's Avenue.

This is the hometown of Dante and Vergil and where the events of the fifth game took place.

There are several landmark locations within Red Grave City, but I opt for Pawn's Avenue. I could see feature several demons arising from the grounds within this derelict stage which had been sealed off by the military after the demonic incursion.
For a DMC stage, we have:
Qliphoth Roots (DMC5)

Temen-Ni-Gru (DMC3)
Devil May Cry Shop (DMC)

Red Grave City (DMC5)

Please vote for your top 2! Ranked voting is in place.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Qliphoth Roots
Devil May Cry Shop

Qliphoth Roots seems like the most interesting visually and while Temen-ni-Gru is a great pick it's always the one suggested for DMC so I'd like to see something new. Picked the shop over Redgrave City because the former has Nico's van showing up :4pacman:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #21: Submit a Capcom Character who was First Included in Marvel vs Capcom 3
Pretty self explanatory. Include a Capcom character who first appeared in the MvC series in Marvel vs Capcom 3. This includes characters like Vietwiful Joe, Amaterasu, Wesker, and more.​

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Devil May Cry shop
2. Temen-Ni-Gru

Job 21:

Amaterasu (Okami)

While it's not Capcom's best-selling game, Okami is one of its most highly-regarded ones, with Zelda-like gameplay and a gorgeous art style. While I've got a longer history with Viewtiful Joe as far as Clover franchises are concerned, I felt like Amaterasu fit the gameplay of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 better. (as much as I tried to play as Joe in that game, something felt off about his gameplay - not sure if it was his stubby limbs or something else)

I'm assuming that this doesn't include Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when it comes to eligible characters, so no Phoenix Wright, Vergil, Nemesis, Frank West, or Firebrand; correct me if I'm wrong. (otherwise, I'd have a much tougher time choosing between Ammy and Vergil)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hsien-Ko

Darkstalkers has allways been a staple of Capcom crososver games, and while Morrigan may be the most iconic character, there are plenty of fun and interesting characters who could join her. Hisen-Ko has a cute and fun personality and a unique design.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm voting Phoenix and so should all of you but for the sake of options

Job #21: Viewtiful Joe

Viewtiful Joe is the main character of the Viewtiful Joe series by Clover Studio. A regular dude who gains superhero powers by getting sucked into a movie, Joe is a flamboyant Sentai hero who can slow down and speed up time, along with other movie-related powers.

Joe was a no-brainer for a game in which Capcom characters met up with superheroes and sure enough, he made his debut in MvC3. Joe stands out because of his short stature and limbs, making for a unique fighter whose niche would be hard to replace. After the travesty that was Infinite, it's time to bring back this star. Henshin-a-go-go, baby!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
DMC Stage vote:

1. Qliphoth roots
2. Temen-ni-gru

Marvel 3 veteran - Vergil

Fittingly enough right after the DMC stage stuff

Dante's rival and elder twin brother, a Son of Sparda that is hungry for more power and the most recurring villain in the series.

Vergil is infamous in Ultimate Marvel 3 for being broken with weird hitboxes and making insane solo comebacks as an anchor. He is still a really popular character regardless of his absurd power (He still needs more) and his role in DMC V has kept him in the spotlight and provided him with even more stylish moves and a kickass new theme.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 21

Frank West

He covered wars y'know?

Frank is the main character of Dead Rising, a series that was treated in a complicated manner by Capcom to say the least...

anyways, Frank West first appeared in MvC 3 and later in infinite and had a fun moveset that would be a good addition to this game.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #21: Wesker (Resident Evil)
26A456E2-780B-458F-9580-5D2947E9624C.png

Albert Wesker is the main villain of the Resident Evil series and joined the series back in Marvel vs Capcom 3. He was really iconic fun and iconic, it would be awesome to have him back. Especially if someone gave him an egg this time!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight then, guess I'll throw my own pick in:

Job #21: Mike Haggar from Final Fight
Haggar_MvC3_artwork.png

The man, the myth, the legend, Mike mother****ing Haggar, mayor of Metro City, should totally be in a new MvC.

Haggar is the not only the face of Final Fight, a beloved series of beat-em-ups that is also helped by strong lore connections to Capcom's flagship fighting game, but is also an icon of retro Capcom and just generally an awesome character. He also helps provide this roster with some more grappler energy, which is a good thing for playstyle variety! I honestly don't really agree at all when people group him with the likes of Arthur and Spencer as "characters that, while Neat Retro Picks, really aren't that interesting and prolly shouldn't come back", cause while he's certainly not as high-priority as other veterans, I, for one, thought he was an awesome addition to Mahvel 3 and I'd have absolutely zero qualms with him coming back. Plus, if Capcom keeps refusing to add him to SF, then I don't think it hurts to have him in some other fighting game.

TL;DR, Haggar is based

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I do admit there are not much choices left for me, anyways here is my pick:

Job #21: Trish

I will say that Trish was one of the newcomer characters within Marvel Vs Capcom 3 that pretty much surprised me as I did not expect her to be in the game.
Anyways for those who do not know, Trish is a long time companion who worked alongside Dante within the Devil May Cry series as a demon hunter after turning a new leaf. She yields the demonic weapon named Sparda and twin guns called Luce and Ombra. In addition she can set up traps and fire electrical projectiles.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal Points
Qliphoth Roots2 (4)15
Temen-Ni-Gru033
Devil May Cry Shop3 (6)17
Red Grace City000

Our stage to represent the Devil May Cry series is the aptly named Devil May Cry Shop!

Moving on, we will be voting for our top three most wanted veterans!

1. Devil May Cry shop
2. Temen-Ni-Gru

Job 21:

Amaterasu (Okami)

While it's not Capcom's best-selling game, Okami is one of its most highly-regarded ones, with Zelda-like gameplay and a gorgeous art style. While I've got a longer history with Viewtiful Joe as far as Clover franchises are concerned, I felt like Amaterasu fit the gameplay of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 better. (as much as I tried to play as Joe in that game, something felt off about his gameplay - not sure if it was his stubby limbs or something else)

I'm assuming that this doesn't include Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when it comes to eligible characters, so no Phoenix Wright, Vergil, Nemesis, Frank West, or Firebrand; correct me if I'm wrong. (otherwise, I'd have a much tougher time choosing between Ammy and Vergil)

Hsien-Ko

Darkstalkers has allways been a staple of Capcom crososver games, and while Morrigan may be the most iconic character, there are plenty of fun and interesting characters who could join her. Hisen-Ko has a cute and fun personality and a unique design.
Alright then,

Phoenix Wright.
That’s it, that’s the post.

okay in all seriousness, he’s a pretty popular character in the mvc series and seeing as how people got really angry when he wasn’t in infinite I think he should be in this game.
I'm voting Phoenix and so should all of you but for the sake of options

Job #21: Viewtiful Joe

Viewtiful Joe is the main character of the Viewtiful Joe series by Clover Studio. A regular dude who gains superhero powers by getting sucked into a movie, Joe is a flamboyant Sentai hero who can slow down and speed up time, along with other movie-related powers.

Joe was a no-brainer for a game in which Capcom characters met up with superheroes and sure enough, he made his debut in MvC3. Joe stands out because of his short stature and limbs, making for a unique fighter whose niche would be hard to replace. After the travesty that was Infinite, it's time to bring back this star. Henshin-a-go-go, baby!
DMC Stage vote:

1. Qliphoth roots
2. Temen-ni-gru

Marvel 3 veteran - Vergil

Fittingly enough right after the DMC stage stuff

Dante's rival and elder twin brother, a Son of Sparda that is hungry for more power and the most recurring villain in the series.

Vergil is infamous in Ultimate Marvel 3 for being broken with weird hitboxes and making insane solo comebacks as an anchor. He is still a really popular character regardless of his absurd power (He still needs more) and his role in DMC V has kept him in the spotlight and provided him with even more stylish moves and a kickass new theme.
Job 21

Frank West

He covered wars y'know?

Frank is the main character of Dead Rising, a series that was treated in a complicated manner by Capcom to say the least...

anyways, Frank West first appeared in MvC 3 and later in infinite and had a fun moveset that would be a good addition to this game.
Job #21: Wesker (Resident Evil)
View attachment 330882
Albert Wesker is the main villain of the Resident Evil series and joined the series back in Marvel vs Capcom 3. He was really iconic fun and iconic, it would be awesome to have him back. Especially if someone gave him an egg this time!
Aight then, guess I'll throw my own pick in:

Job #21: Mike Haggar from Final Fight
View attachment 330980
The man, the myth, the legend, Mike mother****ing Haggar, mayor of Metro City, should totally be in a new MvC.

Haggar is the not only the face of Final Fight, a beloved series of beat-em-ups that is also helped by strong lore connections to Capcom's flagship fighting game, but is also an icon of retro Capcom and just generally an awesome character. He also helps provide this roster with some more grappler energy, which is a good thing for playstyle variety! I honestly don't really agree at all when people group him with the likes of Arthur and Spencer as "characters that, while Neat Retro Picks, really aren't that interesting and prolly shouldn't come back", cause while he's certainly not as high-priority as other veterans, I, for one, thought he was an awesome addition to Mahvel 3 and I'd have absolutely zero qualms with him coming back. Plus, if Capcom keeps refusing to add him to SF, then I don't think it hurts to have him in some other fighting game.

TL;DR, Haggar is based
I do admit there are not much choices left for me, anyways here is my pick:

Job #21: Trish

I will say that Trish was one of the newcomer characters within Marvel Vs Capcom 3 that pretty much surprised me as I did not expect her to be in the game.
Anyways for those who do not know, Trish is a long time companion who worked alongside Dante within the Devil May Cry series as a demon hunter after turning a new leaf. She yields the demonic weapon named Sparda and twin guns called Luce and Ombra. In addition she can set up traps and fire electrical projectiles.
The submissions are...

• Amaterasu
  • Hsien-Ko
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Veiwtiful Joe
  • Vergil
  • Trish
  • Haggar
  • Frank West
  • Wesker
Ranked Voting is on! First place gets 3 vote while third gets 1.

Job #22; Submit a Marvel Veteran who Debut in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Was going to do the same for Marvel as I did for Capcom but I decided to shuffle things up a bit. We will be including a Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Marvel Newcomer. These also include the DLC additions. Characters like Black Panther and Black Widow as well as Ultron and Captain Marvel are all eligible submissions. Same as before, provide the name, series they belong to, and why they should return.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Capcom vote:

1. Wesker
2. Haggar
3. Phoenix

Marvel Infinite veteran:

Black Panther

King of Wakanda, Storm's husband and frequent Avenger, T'Challa is a very popular Marvel character, especially coming off the back of the MCU with Civil War, his own solo film and two Avengers films under his belt with a great impactful performance from the late and great Chadwick Boseman. Black Panther still has quite the future ahead of him and it would be remiss to not include him.

Edit: Though frankly, with so few candidates for the position this feels more like a formality.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Amaterasu
3. Hsien-ko

Job 22

Captain Marvel

Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel is a interstellar warrior. She has different powers ranging from flying to laser blasts. Captain Marvel when added to the MCU Quickly became popular so it would be a no brainer to add her.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Vergil
3. Hagger

Job #22: Ultron
C6E94BDF-1E3E-4377-A0D0-75F380C727E3.png

Ultron is a self-aware intelligent robot that was created by Hank Pym to help save the world, but it turned into one of his worst mistakes of all time. Ultron grew a grudge against Hank and the rest of humanity. Ultron desires to create a new world, a world with the extinction of all of humanity. Ultron made his debut in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite as the main villain from Marvel’s side. He was a really cool edition in Infinite with a fun moveset. Also, even though it looked like Ultron’s future was over in the MCU, he is making a grand return in the new multiverse MCU series, “What If…”.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Vergil
3. Frank West

Job #22

Winter Soldier

James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes is a World War II veteran and a friend of Steve Rogers who fell in battle many years ago. He was put in to cryostasis, being given a metallic arm and ended up being brainwashed by the Soviets where he became a lethal assassin where he went by the name "The Winter Soldier." Having freed himself from the brainwashing, Bucky seeks to redeem himself. The Winter Soldier first made his Marvel Vs Capcom debut within Infinite as one of the DLC characters and probably one that deserves more shine. His gameplay mostly consist of a mix of hand-to-hand combat and firearms. In addition, he does have a rather unique super move where he teams up with Captain America to create their "unyielding justice."

Bucky has played a prominent role within the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which he went through a lotfrom being brainwashed to becoming an assassin to assisting the Avengers as well as Sam Wilson who became the new Captain America.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Vergil
2. Viewtiful Joe
3. Amaterasu

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Keeping on top of this thread this weekend...

Here are the results of our voting!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal Point
Frank West01 (2)13
Amaterasu01 (2)24
Phoenix Wright4 (12)0113
Wesker1 (3)003
Haggar01 (2)24
Hsien-Ko1 (3)014
Trish01 (2)02
Vergil1 (3)2 (4)07
Viewtiful Joe01 (2)02

We will be including the top 2 voted submissions! With this in mind...

Phoenix Wright and Vergil from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be joining the roster!

Here are our submissions from the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Marvel newcomers!

Capcom vote:

1. Wesker
2. Haggar
3. Phoenix

Marvel Infinite veteran:

Black Panther

King of Wakanda, Storm's husband and frequent Avenger, T'Challa is a very popular Marvel character, especially coming off the back of the MCU with Civil War, his own solo film and two Avengers films under his belt with a great impactful performance from the late and great Chadwick Boseman. Black Panther still has quite the future ahead of him and it would be remiss to not include him.

Edit: Though frankly, with so few candidates for the position this feels more like a formality.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Amaterasu
3. Hsien-ko

Job 22

Captain Marvel

Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel is a interstellar warrior. She has different powers ranging from flying to laser blasts. Captain Marvel when added to the MCU Quickly became popular so it would be a no brainer to add her.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Vergil
3. Hagger

Job #22: Ultron
View attachment 331526
Ultron is a self-aware intelligent robot that was created by Hank Pym to help save the world, but it turned into one of his worst mistakes of all time. Ultron grew a grudge against Hank and the rest of humanity. Ultron desires to create a new world, a world with the extinction of all of humanity. Ultron made his debut in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite as the main villain from Marvel’s side. He was a really cool edition in Infinite with a fun moveset. Also, even though it looked like Ultron’s future was over in the MCU, he is making a grand return in the new multiverse MCU series, “What If…”.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Vergil
3. Frank West

Job #22

Winter Soldier

James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes is a World War II veteran and a friend of Steve Rogers who fell in battle many years ago. He was put in to cryostasis, being given a metallic arm and ended up being brainwashed by the Soviets where he became a lethal assassin where he went by the name "The Winter Soldier." Having freed himself from the brainwashing, Bucky seeks to redeem himself. The Winter Soldier first made his Marvel Vs Capcom debut within Infinite as one of the DLC characters and probably one that deserves more shine. His gameplay mostly consist of a mix of hand-to-hand combat and firearms. In addition, he does have a rather unique super move where he teams up with Captain America to create their "unyielding justice."

Bucky has played a prominent role within the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which he went through a lotfrom being brainwashed to becoming an assassin to assisting the Avengers as well as Sam Wilson who became the new Captain America.
In list form...
  • Black Panther
  • Captain Marvel
  • Winter Soldier
  • Ultron
Please vote for your top 2! Ranked voting is on!

Job #22: Submit a 1 or 2 Stages based on the Following Series

We will be including one stage from both Capcom and Marvel. I am actually stumped on what series need stages so I am letting you guys decide for me. Here is a list of series that I feel need a stage that have a character present in MvC4R. Please note that I do intend to include stages that don't have a representative fighter. You may submit a stage from Capcom and Marvel but not two from both companies. So you can't submit 2 Capcom stages. Please submit ONLY NEW STAGES! NOT RETURNING STAGES.

• Iron Man
  • Captain America
  • Dr. Strange
  • Fantastic Four
  • Daredevil

• Resident Evil
  • Ghosts n Goblins
  • Captain Commando
  • Strider
  • Red Earth
  • Ace Attorney
When submitting content, please provide the following info:
  • Name
  • Series
  • What the stage looks like/its appearance

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Marvel vote

1. Ultron
2. Captain Marvel

Job 22

Marvel Stage:
First off I should note that Sakaar Arena won a stage vote a while ago but hasn't been added to the list of stages which should give Marvel an extra stage over Capcom by default, this stage should cover Hulk just fine. With that said I'll move onto the Capcom stage

Capcom stage - Courtroom (Ace Attorney)

The single most prominent and iconic location of any Ace Attorney game is the courtroom where Phoenix is locked into a battle of wits with rival prosecutors to get to the truth of the case. A courtroom is often rather small and cramped, especially considering the characters we have, the MvC incarnation will simply be more stretched out to accommodate this with the galleries acting as the walls at the edges of the stage.

The background elements would include the Judge at his desk and a variety of Defence and Prosecution Lawyers as well as assistants could appear in the background behind their respective desks like Athena, Apollo, Godot, Franziska, Klaviar, Blackquill, Trucy, Pearls, Manfred von Karma and Winston Payne to name a few examples. The gallery would be filled with the people in them reacting to the fight. At the end of the fight the courtroom confetti would go off with the judge swinging his hammer to signify the end.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Votes first:
1. Black Panther
2. Ultron

Job #22

Sea Port (Captain Commando)

A crazy stage for a crazy game. Captain Commando's fifth stage, the Sea Port, sees the Captain and his Companions brawling their way through the waters of Metro City, aided by those... jet surfboards? Sure.

The stage in MvC4 would function similarly. Each fighter stands on one of those boards, that moves with them as they walk and under them as they jump/are knocked back. All walking animations would still play out so there's no mechanical changes. The fighters would surf through the port, starting at the circus and ending at the aquarium before the stage loops.

The background would feature appearances by Captain Commando (when not in play), Ginzu, Mack, Baby Head, Scumocide, the other Super Criminals, and minor enemies from Captain Commando. Since it takes place in Metro City in the future, characters like Guy, Cody, Haggar, and even Kevin Striker could also cameo.

As for the Marvel stage, dunno if we'll end up adding another one because of what Schnee said, but in case we do I'll resubmit one of my old ideas.

Job #14: The Dark Dimension

The Dark Dimension is the domain of the demon Dormammu, and a location associated with the Doctor Strange lore. It's one of the infinite dimensions within the multiverse, and one of the most powerful and aggressive ones; this allows Dormammu to conquer other dimensions and effectively assimilate them into this one.

While in the comics it has been depicted similar to the traditional Hell, the movies have given it a distinctly alien twist, looking more trippy and giving it the characteristic of lacking a flow of time. It depends on how much inspiration we take from either, but I think a mix of the two would be pretty interesting visually. Plus I hear it's a good place to bargain!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Captain Marvel
2. Black Panther

Job #22

Marvel

Fantastic Four: Baxter Building Rooftops

This stage will take place within the rooftops of the Baxter Building which is home to the Fantastic Four. We could see the Fantasticar cruising past within its background.

Capcom

Red Earth: The Interiors of Darminor

This stage is home to Scion who is the main boss and antagonist of the fantasy themed Capcom fighter, Red Earth (Warzard.) The background of the stage will consist of Scion who will be assisted with his two dragons named Misery and Despair. They will hover and teleport around the stage. During the climax of the fight as the complex begins to crumble, Scion will transform in to his true form.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Black Panther
2. Captain Marvel

Job #22

Marvel:

Hell's Kitchen (Daredevil)

This seedy neighborhood is home to the man Without Fear. The stage takes place on the streets of Hells Kitchen. Players can spot famous locations like Alias Investigations, Nelson and Murdock, and Fisk Tower. Street level characters like Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Punisher can be spotted watching the fight.

(If they become playable they can be removed)

Capcom:

Racoon City (Resident Evil):

This stage takes place on the dark and twisted streets of the zombie infested city. The players fight in front of the gates as a horde of zombies watch on, attempting to break through. During the fight, the familiar sounds of stomping can be heard as Mr X clears through the horde in order to observe the fight. Familiar sights such as the Clock Tower can be seen in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Captain Marvel
2. Black Panther

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results!
Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Black Panther3 (6)28
Winter Soldier011
Captain Marvel2 (4)37
Ultron1 (2)13

We will be adding two of the top results! Joining our roster is Black Panther and Captain Marvel; two amazing characters with the former joining as DLC.

Finally, we will be voting for stages!

Marvel vote

1. Ultron
2. Captain Marvel

Job 22

Marvel Stage:
First off I should note that Sakaar Arena won a stage vote a while ago but hasn't been added to the list of stages which should give Marvel an extra stage over Capcom by default, this stage should cover Hulk just fine. With that said I'll move onto the Capcom stage

Capcom stage - Courtroom (Ace Attorney)

The single most prominent and iconic location of any Ace Attorney game is the courtroom where Phoenix is locked into a battle of wits with rival prosecutors to get to the truth of the case. A courtroom is often rather small and cramped, especially considering the characters we have, the MvC incarnation will simply be more stretched out to accommodate this with the galleries acting as the walls at the edges of the stage.

The background elements would include the Judge at his desk and a variety of Defence and Prosecution Lawyers as well as assistants could appear in the background behind their respective desks like Athena, Apollo, Godot, Franziska, Klaviar, Blackquill, Trucy, Pearls, Manfred von Karma and Winston Payne to name a few examples. The gallery would be filled with the people in them reacting to the fight. At the end of the fight the courtroom confetti would go off with the judge swinging his hammer to signify the end.
Votes first:
1. Black Panther
2. Ultron

Job #22

Sea Port (Captain Commando)

A crazy stage for a crazy game. Captain Commando's fifth stage, the Sea Port, sees the Captain and his Companions brawling their way through the waters of Metro City, aided by those... jet surfboards? Sure.

The stage in MvC4 would function similarly. Each fighter stands on one of those boards, that moves with them as they walk and under them as they jump/are knocked back. All walking animations would still play out so there's no mechanical changes. The fighters would surf through the port, starting at the circus and ending at the aquarium before the stage loops.

The background would feature appearances by Captain Commando (when not in play), Ginzu, Mack, Baby Head, Scumocide, the other Super Criminals, and minor enemies from Captain Commando. Since it takes place in Metro City in the future, characters like Guy, Cody, Haggar, and even Kevin Striker could also cameo.

As for the Marvel stage, dunno if we'll end up adding another one because of what Schnee said, but in case we do I'll resubmit one of my old ideas.
1. Captain Marvel
2. Black Panther

Job #22

Marvel

Fantastic Four: Baxter Building Rooftops

This stage will take place within the rooftops of the Baxter Building which is home to the Fantastic Four. We could see the Fantasticar cruising past within its background.

Capcom

Red Earth: The Interiors of Darminor

This stage is home to Scion who is the main boss and antagonist of the fantasy themed Capcom fighter, Red Earth (Warzard.) The background of the stage will consist of Scion who will be assisted with his two dragons named Misery and Despair. They will hover and teleport around the stage. During the climax of the fight as the complex begins to crumble, Scion will transform in to his true form.
1. Black Panther
2. Captain Marvel

Job #22

Marvel:

Hell's Kitchen (Daredevil)

This seedy neighborhood is home to the man Without Fear. The stage takes place on the streets of Hells Kitchen. Players can spot famous locations like Alias Investigations, Nelson and Murdock, and Fisk Tower. Street level characters like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Punisher can be spotted watching the fight.

(If they become playable they can be removed)

Capcom:

Racoon City (Resident Evil):

This stage takes place on the dark and twisted streets of the zombie infested city. The players fight in front of the gates as a horde of zombies watch on, attempting to break through. During the fight, the familiar sounds of stomping can be heard as Mr X clears through the horde in order to observe the fight. Familiar sights such as the Clock Tower can be seen in the background.
Marvel
  • Baxter Building Rooftop (Fantastic Four)
  • Hell’s Kitchen (Daredevil)
  • Dark Dimension (Dr. Strange)

Capcom
  • Courtroom (Ace Attorney)
  • Seaport (Captain Commando)
  • Interiors of Darminor (Red Earth)
  • Raccoon City (Resident Evil)
Please vote for your number one stage for both companies. I know typically vote for a number of options if we have more than three submissions but for simplicity we are only voting for one.

Job #15: Submit Up to 2 Alternate Costumes for Characters on the Roster

We are going to start early and begin working on launch at costumes for the characters. You can submit a single Marvel alternate costume and a single Capcom alternate costume. Unlike in previous submission periods, we will be accepting all submissions unless they are extremely unlikely/inappropriate in regards to the character. In that regard, please avoid adding costume submissions for a character that was already covered. So if you see someone submitting one for Ryu, please avoid submitting yet another.

We are also adding just costumes that changes appearances so, at this moment, we won’t be adding ones that changes voices. Sorry female Loki.

Last edited:
Top Bottom