• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Akira Kazama
2. Regina
3. Asura

Job #18

Five Weapons Society

This secret organisation was formed by the late Zheng Zu, Zheng Yi and the Deadly Warriors to protect mankind, however it had devolved in to a criminal organisation. After Shang-Chi was made as the new Supreme Commander, he vowed to undo all of the organisation's undoings and restore it to what it once was which is to protect mankind. The Five Weapons Society first made its comic book appearance in Gene Luen Yang's Shang-Chi comics which was released last year. I imagine the stage to be a bit similar to Shang Tsung's courtyard stage where this time the place is set outside of the building, the houses of each of the weapons society can spectate and when the fight reaches towards its climax, they will stand and cheer.

For specific cameos, I'd imagine the likes of Sisters Dagger and Staff, Brother Saber, Leiko Wu, Razor Fist and other martial artists to be featured within the stage.

PS. It was really difficult to find the right image for the stage, but I went with what I feel is the closest to what I described.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #18: Canadian Wilderness (Wolverine)
DC899463-6031-4F4C-A377-CC4BC0564442.jpeg

You would fight in a small open area in the snow covered Canadian Forest. I picked this stage, because it could represent the moment when Wolverine escaped the Weapon X Facility. This stage would be a dark snowing forest set in Canada. Wild animals (ex. wolves, deers, owls) and Weapon X drones could pass by in the background. There is also one character cameo idea, the Wendigo. The Wendigo would be dashing, howling, and getting closer. When it gets too noticeable on the stage, it will quickly disappear and won’t come back.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #18: The Savage Land

6sou4o.jpg

The Savage Land is a hidden tropical reserve in Antarctica. Created and abandoned by aliens and later colonized by Atlanteans, the Savage Land is home to several prehistoric fauna and flora (most importantly dinosaurs), as well as the descendants of the Atlanteans various genetic experiments. It is commonly associated with characters such as Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil, and Devil Dinosaur, and races like the Man-Apes, Golden People and Lizard Men. It was introduced and featured multiple times in X-Men comics but other mainstream comics like Spider-Man and Secret Invasion feature it as well.

It would make for an interesting stage because there's so much you can do with it. A deep jungle setting alone gives plenty to work with, but then you can go crazy with all the bizarre species that it houses and have something like a battle between Swamp Men and Yetis or see a bunch of tribesmen riding giant lizards taking down a T-Rex.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
JOB #18: The Time Variance Authority
Loki - Time Variance Authority court (BAKED) - Download Free 3D model by  Elin (@ElinHohler) [af263a1]
Loki director details the hidden sci-fi references in the Marvel Studios  show - Polygon

1630365186341.png

The Time Variance Authority has been around for a long time in the comics, but the Marvel Cinematic Universe show Loki gave it a massive boost in popularity, and that's the version I think this stage should be based on. There are a lot of places in the TVA that would make for a striking stage, above are the places that make up the top three (the third one might need to be made a bit more orange). The fun thing about the TVA is that anyone could cameo in theory, but I think it makes sense to prioritize those that work for the TVA (such as Mobius and Miss Miniutes) and characters who have had a notable storyline with the the TVA (such as Loki, the Fantasic Four, She-Hulk, and Captain Britain

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Asura
2. Gene
3. Akira

Job 18: The Baxter Building

While we don't have a member of the Fantastic Four playable (yet), this seems like such a mainstay of Marvel that it's worth including regardless. The map shown above isn't up-to-date (it's from the sixties, and I'm pretty sure it was from before Reed and Sue were married), there are plenty of rooms that could be used to showcase the sort of crazy gadgets that the FF have on-site, whether it's the Fantasti-Car or a portal to the Negative Zone.

Characters like Franklin, Valeria, Herbie the robot, and various members of the Future Foundation could make cameos in the back, along with possibly the Fantastic Four themselves. (like Tron Bonne in MvC3, if they are made playable at some point and are included in one of the teams, the member in question wouldn't appear in the background)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our Capcom newcomer!!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)1 (3)03 6
Akira (Rival Schools)1 (3)03 6
Gene (God Hand)04 (8)1 9
Asura (Asura's Wrath6 (18)2 (4)022
Regina (Dino Crisis)2 (6)3 (6)113

1630636411693.png

Asura from Asura's Wrath
....will be joining the fight! He will bring his strength, willpower, and, of course, wrath to the game!

Going from there, we will begin to vote for the Marvel stage submissions!

Krakoa (X-men)

Krakoa is the home island of the Mutants

The appearence would look visually similar to the picture above just formatted better for a game

The cameos would be various Mutants some notable ones could be Moira MacTaggart, Mister Sinister, Jean Gray, Emma Frost, Mystique and Sabretooth

Krakoa is a major location and has become important and popular in the comics especially with Hickman's Current X-men run
Camp Lehigh
See the source image

Alright so I couldn't really get a good image of this, but pretty much, this would be the bootcamp where Captain America trained. It was featured in the comics and Captain America: The First Avenger. It was even re-explored in Winter Soldier and Endgame. All these appearences make it a pretty iconic location, especially because it's a location that's so tied to the origin story of one of the biggest marvel hero.

You would play on a dirt road with lots of military buildings in the distance. As for cameos, we would have some recruits seen training (either running around or doing push-ups), a young Steve Rogers if he's not in play, Peggy Carter and a jeep with a random general shouting at recruits.
1. Akira Kazama
2. Regina
3. Asura

Job #18

Five Weapons Society

This secret organisation was formed by the late Zheng Zu, Zheng Yi and the Deadly Warriors to protect mankind, however it had devolved in to a criminal organisation. After Shang-Chi was made as the new Supreme Commander, he vowed to undo all of the organisation's undoings and restore it to what it once was which is to protect mankind. The Five Weapons Society first made its comic book appearance in Gene Luen Yang's Shang-Chi comics which was released last year. I imagine the stage to be a bit similar to Shang Tsung's courtyard stage where this time the place is set outside of the building, the houses of each of the weapons society can spectate and when the fight reaches towards its climax, they will stand and cheer.

For specific cameos, I'd imagine the likes of Sisters Dagger and Staff, Brother Saber, Leiko Wu, Razor Fist and other martial artists to be featured within the stage.

PS. It was really difficult to find the right image for the stage, but I went with what I feel is the closest to what I described.
Job #18: Canadian Wilderness (Wolverine)
DC899463-6031-4F4C-A377-CC4BC0564442.jpeg

You would fight in a small open area in the snow covered Canadian Forest. I picked this stage, because it could represent the moment when Wolverine escaped the Weapon X Facility. This stage would be a dark snowing forest set in Canada. Wild animals (ex. wolves, deers, owls) and Weapon X drones could pass by in the background. There is also one character cameo idea, the Wendigo. The Wendigo would be dashing, howling, and getting closer. When it gets too noticeable on the stage, it will quickly disappear and won’t come back.
Job #18: The Savage Land

View attachment 328372

The Savage Land is a hidden tropical reserve in Antarctica. Created and abandoned by aliens and later colonized by Atlanteans, the Savage Land is home to several prehistoric fauna and flora (most importantly dinosaurs), as well as the descendants of the Atlanteans various genetic experiments. It is commonly associated with characters such as Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil, and Devil Dinosaur, and races like the Man-Apes, Golden People and Lizard Men. It was introduced and featured multiple times in X-Men comics but other mainstream comics like Spider-Man and Secret Invasion feature it as well.

It would make for an interesting stage because there's so much you can do with it. A deep jungle setting alone gives plenty to work with, but then you can go crazy with all the bizarre species that it houses and have something like a battle between Swamp Men and Yetis or see a bunch of tribesmen riding giant lizards taking down a T-Rex.
JOB #18: The Time Variance Authority
Loki - Time Variance Authority court (BAKED) - Download Free 3D model by  Elin (@ElinHohler) [af263a1]
Loki director details the hidden sci-fi references in the Marvel Studios  show - Polygon

View attachment 328420
The Time Variance Authority has been around for a long time in the comics, but the Marvel Cinematic Universe show Loki gave it a massive boost in popularity, and that's the version I think this stage should be based on. There are a lot of places in the TVA that would make for a striking stage, above are the places that make up the top three (the third one might need to be made a bit more orange). The fun thing about the TVA is that anyone could cameo in theory, but I think it makes sense to prioritize those that work for the TVA (such as Mobius and Miss Miniutes) and characters who have had a notable storyline with the the TVA (such as Loki, the Fantasic Four, She-Hulk, and Captain Britain
1. Asura
2. Gene
3. Akira

Job 18: The Baxter Building

While we don't have a member of the Fantastic Four playable (yet), this seems like such a mainstay of Marvel that it's worth including regardless. The map shown above isn't up-to-date (it's from the sixties, and I'm pretty sure it was from before Reed and Sue were married), there are plenty of rooms that could be used to showcase the sort of crazy gadgets that the FF have on-site, whether it's the Fantasti-Car or a portal to the Negative Zone.

Characters like Franklin, Valeria, Herbie the robot, and various members of the Future Foundation could make cameos in the back, along with possibly the Fantastic Four themselves. (like Tron Bonne in MvC3, if they are made playable at some point and are included in one of the teams, the member in question wouldn't appear in the background)
Here are our submissions...

• Krakoa (X-Men)
  • Camp Lehigh (Captain America)
  • Five Weapons Society (Shang-chi)
  • Canadian Wilderness (X-Men)
    Savage Land (Multiple franchises)
  • Time Variance Authority (Loki)
  • Baxter Building (Fantastic Four)
As per usual, please vote for three of the top stages you want to see be included. Ranked voting is on.

Job #18: Submit an Asura's Wrath Stage
Asura's Wrath may be an older game but there is for sure some locations we might be able to dig in order to some stage representation into MvC4R! Please submit a stage based off of Asura's Wrath while also including the name of the location, its appearance, and any sort of cameos or visuals the stage may possess.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
1. Savage Land
2. Five Weapons Society
3. TVA

Asura's Wrath Stage - Karma Fortress

Taking place on one of many platforms leading up to it, the Karma Fortress stage is based around one of the most important locations in the game. The Karma Fortress is a huge stronghold for the Seven Deities as well as an immense weapon to fight the Gohma. The background of the stage will occasionally see the super weapon, the Brahmastra, fire as well as cameos from the Seven Deities, Mithra and the Golden Spider, some of the Deities, like Wyzen, will be in their gigantic form. The fortress itself will also slowly move around performing different mudra gestures whilst numerous space ships fly around it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright! I tallied up all of the votes for the stages!

Name3 Posts2 Posts1 PostTotal
Baxter Building1 (3)1 (2)49
Camp Lehigh1 (3)1 (2)05
Krakoa2 (6)2 (4)212
Savage Land4 (12)2 (4)016
Time Variation Authority1 (3)2 (4)310
Five Weapons Society01 (2)02

Savage Land will be appearing as our next Marvel stage!

In addition, since we never got any further submissions, the Karma Fortress will our Asura's Wrath stage representation and will join the Capcom stage roster!

We will continue to flesh out our newcomer roster by adding a Marvel newcomer! This time, we are reaching into the villains.

Job #19: Submit a Marvel Newcomer Villain

That being said, we have two rules with this submission:

• This character must be a newcomer to the MvC series
  • No Spiderman villains. Since we added Green Goblin, we won't be including another Spiderman villain at this time.
  • We will be adding more X-Men villains aside from Magneto but we will will be focusing on other franchises instead
When submitting, please provide the following info:

• Name
  • What series this villain hails from
  • The three Hyper Combos
  • Any other useful information about the character
  • Why the character should be included

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Thanos, with his hyper combos changed. He uses the full infinity gauntlet for his moves.
See the source image

Hyper Combo 1: Reality Can Be Whatever I Want
He shoots a whole bunch of bubbles from the gauntlet. It's a reference to a scene from Infinity War as well as a move he has in MvC2

Hyper Combo 2: Infinity Beams
He shoots out three far-reaching lasers from his gauntlet that move up and down. Each of his lasers are a different colour, chosen at random for each one of the infinity stones.

Hyper Combo 3: Snap
He snaps his fingers which makes a huge explosion, dealing massive damage to the enemy. It does more damage the closer people are.

Also I have a question, are we going to do jobs for a story mode? I don't think we need to do the whole story mode plot, but maybe one job for the main villain?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 19: Kang the Conqueror (The Avengers)

A time-traveling conqueror from the future, Kang the Conqueror is generally seen as one of the Avengers' greatest threats, alongside Ultron. Armed with technology from two millennia in the future and an army that is drawn from countless points in time, Kang (along with the many different identities that he's taken over the course of his life, from Iron Lad to Immortus) has proven to be a constant thorn in the side of the Avengers, and given how many duplicates of him have been created through time travel, even death isn't enough to stop him.

Kang's basic moves could consist of various weapons that he pulls from his trans-temporal armoury (swords, maces, etc.), and his specials could involve futuristic guns, an anti-matter defense screen (which could work as a reference to Urien from Street Fighter 3, though it would block projectiles rather than reflecting them), and having his armour generate an electric shock to deter melee attackers.

Plus, he seems like a fun addition - his time travelling could serve as a reason for why the two universes are brought together if one is needed, and he seems like he would have a lot of potential pre- or post-battle remarks for characters like Iron Man (mocking his outdated tech), Captain America (showing a grudging respect), Doctor Doom (ham-to-ham combat), Arthur (wondering if his time machine malfunctioned), Strider Hiryu (looking to hire him, or commenting on how the Striders are infamous throughout history), etc.

Hyper Combos:

-Baltag's Blaster (level 1) - pulling out an energy cannon from a portal, Kang rapidly fires balls of plasma across the screen. The angle of the shots can be changed by moving the control stick, and this can be used in the air.

-Temporal Destablizer (level 1) - Kang uses a wrist-mounted device to create a large circular aura around himself (roughly half the size of a stage in diameter, so the distance from Kang to the outer edge is about a quarter of the stage), and whoever's caught in that aura is slowed down for a short period of time (1 second?). The attack buttons can be held to increase the duration (either one second or half a second per bar of the super meter), though this also leaves Kang extremely vulnerable, and this super does no damage.

-Damocles (level 3) - Kang activates one of his Growing Men, which grows to full size and lunges straight forward. If an enemy is caught, it transitions to a cutscene where even more Growing Men grow to human size and dogpile the opponent. Now at a safe distance, Kang signals to his Damocles base, which is hovering in orbit. The base fires a massive laser which destroys the Growing Men and heavily damages the enemy in a massive explosion.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
In that case, I’ll resubmit Loki

Hyper Combo 1: Duplicate
He sticks his staff forward and makes a huge ball of energy off the tip of it. A duplicate version of himself appears a bit forwards and does the same, only facing the other direction. Enemies get caught in both balls of energy.

Hyper Combo 2: Magic Rain
He sticks his staff in the air which causes a fairlt large blue portal to appear above the stage. A bunch of blasts of magic then come from the portal, dealing damage to the opponent if they’re a certain distance away from Loki.

Hyper Combo 3: God of Mischief
A huge crowd of Loki duplicates appear, floating in the background. They then fly towards the screen and the screen goes black. If the opponent is a certain distance away from Loki they’ll then take a huge amount of damage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Mephisto
Various franchises such as Dr. Strange, Spiderman, and more
Mephisto would utilize his arcane arts in battle including Fire-oriented attacks, summoning demons, shape shifting, teleportation and levitation, and possession.
Hyper Combo 1: 7 Rings of Flame
Mephisto summons seven individual meteors onto the stage that explode upon impact
Hyper Combo 2: Pain of Sins
Any damage that has been dealt by the opponent into Mephisto augments his attack damage output along with giving his specials better priority and frames. His explosion are larger as well.
Hyper Combo 3: Art of Possession
Mephisto created a magical ball of fire in the air, he then throws the ball into the opponent but possesses shortly after. He then anchors them to the ground by melting the earth around them thus melting them into the stage. He then leaves the body as they are hit and incinerated by the fire ball.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #19: Absorbing Man (Thor)
CDDBA0D5-881C-4DE3-B8FF-B9F167D0BAC4.png

Absorbing Man is one of Marvel’s most iconic thugs. To get revenge on his brother, Loki gave power from an enchanted potion to a professional heavyweight boxer named, Carl “Crusher” Creel. He was recently in prison when his criminal life outside the ring caught up to him. The potion gave Carl the ability to absorb the physical properties of anything that he touched. This new found power led him to break out of prison and come in to contact with Thor. The Absorbing Man managed to absorb the power of Mjolnir and got Thor to concede the fight. Eventually, Thor had a rematch with the Absorbing Man and tricked him into absorbing helium, sending him into the atmosphere to be trapped forever, until Loki freed him again. Since his first appearance, he has gone on to be a villain to the Hulk and anyone else who would get in his way.

I chose Absorbing Man, because he fits really well for a fighting game. Like I said earlier, Absorbing Man can absorb any physical property by a single touch. Absorbing Man is also always seen with his wrecking ball that he can absorb it’s metal property, along with swinging and crushing opponents. His absorbing mechanic could be very unique in combat situations. Absorbing Man’s backstory even shows him as a professional boxer who uses his anger from his abusive father to keep standing in the ring.

Hyper Combos:

1. Absorption Pummel - The Absorbing Man will put his hand on the ground and turn his body into whatever is on the ground. He will then begin to do a series of repeated punches.

2. Wrecking Ball Swing - The Absorbing Man grabs his wrecking ball and swings it around and fast like a lasso, damaging anyone who gets hit by it.

3. Hammer Fists - The Absorbing Man absorbs the metal from his wrecking ball and turns his fists into a mallet sized metal hammers. He keeps swinging his hammer fists down repeatedly, like he is hammering a nail.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #19: Kingpin

Wilson Fisk, also known as the Kingpin, is the crime lord ruling over the streets of New York City. A cunning tactician and manipulator, his acumen as a criminal mind is matched by his raw strength and skill in hand to hand combat. Kingpin debuted in Spider-Man comics but quickly grew to become an enemy to any and every New York-based superhero, and is nowadays best known as Daredevil's nemesis (portrayed by the late great Michael Clarke Duncan in the 2004 movie and brilliantly reinvented by Vincent D'Onofrio in the Netflix show). If he doesn't count because he debuted as a Spiderman villain let me know and I'll pick another one.

I picture Kingpin as the archetypal heavy, slow and hard-hitting and reliant on grabs. Kingpin would use moves reminiscent of sumo wrestling mixed with precise strikes and blows. He would also use his cane for some moves (in the comics it's been known to house lasers and sleeping gas). One idea I had to properly represent his strategy and his status as the top of the criminal food chain is to have him call hits as attacks. Basically, Kingpin commands his offscreen underlings to attack his foe so he doesn't get his hands dirty. Some attacks would have an offscreen sniper fire, others would have a crate of heavy materials drop from offstage in an "accident", stuff like that. Basically, what I'm thinking is something like Zangief meets Duck Hunt?

Hyper Combos:

1: Crime Wave
Kingpin punches the ground, sending a massive shockwave across the stage.

1: Bullseye
Kingpin summons Bullseye, who throws 4 shuriken in an arc.

3: Shame If Something Happened
Kingpin headbutts. If it connects, it leads to a cutscene in which Kingpin puts his unconscious opponent in a car, walks away smoking a cigar, then throws the cigar to the ground, lighting a trail of oil and blowing up the car behind him.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #19:

Sin

Better known as Sinthia Shmidt who is the daughter of Johan (the Red Skull) and enemy of Captain America. When the Skull was hoping for a male heir, he ended up giving birth to a daughter which left him enraged. Although he was about to kill her, one of his followers named Susan Scarbo convinced him not to in which Sinthia was left in her care. Once Sinthia had grown in to a child, the Red Skull returned and placed her in a machine that accelerated her in to adult age and at the same time, she had been given superpowers. She had clashed with Captain America whilst she formed a group called the "Sister of Sins" whilst being Mother Superior. She also had a relationship with Crossbones after he kidnapped her from the SHIELD facility in which the two went on a killing spree. I'd imagine that her gameplay could utilise a combination of her durability and power that may consist of a mix of martial arts, firearms and explosives.

Possible Hyper Moves Ideas:

Level 1. Rapid Fire: Utilising all of her of her firearms to fire against her opponent.
Level 1. Combo Blow: Sin unleashes a handful of martial arts moves to her opponent before finishing them off with her rocket launcher.
Level 3 Fateful Sin: Sin will fire a shot with her pistol whip to trap her opponent, before she summons Crossbones to land a couple of punches, he then proceeds to hand her the "Hammer of Skadi" where she delivers the finishing blow.

PS. Sin is the one on the right of the image.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the submissions for our Marvel villains!
Job 19: Kang the Conqueror (The Avengers)

A time-traveling conqueror from the future, Kang the Conqueror is generally seen as one of the Avengers' greatest threats, alongside Ultron. Armed with technology from two millennia in the future and an army that is drawn from countless points in time, Kang (along with the many different identities that he's taken over the course of his life, from Iron Lad to Immortus) has proven to be a constant thorn in the side of the Avengers, and given how many duplicates of him have been created through time travel, even death isn't enough to stop him.

Kang's basic moves could consist of various weapons that he pulls from his trans-temporal armoury (swords, maces, etc.), and his specials could involve futuristic guns, an anti-matter defense screen (which could work as a reference to Urien from Street Fighter 3, though it would block projectiles rather than reflecting them), and having his armour generate an electric shock to deter melee attackers.

Plus, he seems like a fun addition - his time travelling could serve as a reason for why the two universes are brought together if one is needed, and he seems like he would have a lot of potential pre- or post-battle remarks for characters like Iron Man (mocking his outdated tech), Captain America (showing a grudging respect), Doctor Doom (ham-to-ham combat), Arthur (wondering if his time machine malfunctioned), Strider Hiryu (looking to hire him, or commenting on how the Striders are infamous throughout history), etc.

Hyper Combos:

-Baltag's Blaster (level 1) - pulling out an energy cannon from a portal, Kang rapidly fires balls of plasma across the screen. The angle of the shots can be changed by moving the control stick, and this can be used in the air.

-Temporal Destablizer (level 1) - Kang uses a wrist-mounted device to create a large circular aura around himself (roughly half the size of a stage in diameter, so the distance from Kang to the outer edge is about a quarter of the stage), and whoever's caught in that aura is slowed down for a short period of time (1 second?). The attack buttons can be held to increase the duration (either one second or half a second per bar of the super meter), though this also leaves Kang extremely vulnerable, and this super does no damage.

-Damocles (level 3) - Kang activates one of his Growing Men, which grows to full size and lunges straight forward. If an enemy is caught, it transitions to a cutscene where even more Growing Men grow to human size and dogpile the opponent. Now at a safe distance, Kang signals to his Damocles base, which is hovering in orbit. The base fires a massive laser which destroys the Growing Men and heavily damages the enemy in a massive explosion.
In that case, I’ll resubmit Loki

Hyper Combo 1: Duplicate
He sticks his staff forward and makes a huge ball of energy off the tip of it. A duplicate version of himself appears a bit forwards and does the same, only facing the other direction. Enemies get caught in both balls of energy.

Hyper Combo 2: Magic Rain
He sticks his staff in the air which causes a fairlt large blue portal to appear above the stage. A bunch of blasts of magic then come from the portal, dealing damage to the opponent if they’re a certain distance away from Loki.

Hyper Combo 3: God of Mischief
A huge crowd of Loki duplicates appear, floating in the background. They then fly towards the screen and the screen goes black. If the opponent is a certain distance away from Loki they’ll then take a huge amount of damage.

Mephisto
Various franchises such as Dr. Strange, Spiderman, and more
Mephisto would utilize his arcane arts in battle including Fire-oriented attacks, summoning demons, shape shifting, teleportation and levitation, and possession.
Hyper Combo 1: 7 Rings of Flame
Mephisto summons seven individual meteors onto the stage that explode upon impact
Hyper Combo 2: Pain of Sins
Any damage that has been dealt by the opponent into Mephisto augments his attack damage output along with giving his specials better priority and frames. His explosion are larger as well.
Hyper Combo 3: Art of Possession
Mephisto created a magical ball of fire in the air, he then throws the ball into the opponent but possesses shortly after. He then anchors them to the ground by melting the earth around them thus melting them into the stage. He then leaves the body as they are hit and incinerated by the fire ball.
Job #19: Absorbing Man (Thor)
View attachment 329199
Absorbing Man is one of Marvel’s most iconic thugs. To get revenge on his brother, Loki gave power from an enchanted potion to a professional heavyweight boxer named, Carl “Crusher” Creel. He was recently in prison when his criminal life outside the ring caught up to him. The potion gave Carl the ability to absorb the physical properties of anything that he touched. This new found power led him to break out of prison and come in to contact with Thor. The Absorbing Man managed to absorb the power of Mjolnir and got Thor to concede the fight. Eventually, Thor had a rematch with the Absorbing Man and tricked him into absorbing helium, sending him into the atmosphere to be trapped forever, until Loki freed him again. Since his first appearance, he has gone on to be a villain to the Hulk and anyone else who would get in his way.

I chose Absorbing Man, because he fits really well for a fighting game. Like I said earlier, Absorbing Man can absorb any physical property by a single touch. Absorbing Man is also always seen with his wrecking ball that he can absorb it’s metal property, along with swinging and crushing opponents. His absorbing mechanic could be very unique in combat situations. Absorbing Man’s backstory even shows him as a professional boxer who uses his anger from his abusive father to keep standing in the ring.

Hyper Combos:

1. Absorption Pummel - The Absorbing Man will put his hand on the ground and turn his body into whatever is on the ground. He will then begin to do a series of repeated punches.

2. Wrecking Ball Swing - The Absorbing Man grabs his wrecking ball and swings it around and fast like a lasso, damaging anyone who gets hit by it.

3. Hammer Fists - The Absorbing Man absorbs the metal from his wrecking ball and turns his fists into a mallet sized metal hammers. He keeps swinging his hammer fists down repeatedly, like he is hammering a nail.
Job #19: Kingpin

Wilson Fisk, also known as the Kingpin, is the crime lord ruling over the streets of New York City. A cunning tactician and manipulator, his acumen as a criminal mind is matched by his raw strength and skill in hand to hand combat. Kingpin debuted in Spider-Man comics but quickly grew to become an enemy to any and every New York-based superhero, and is nowadays best known as Daredevil's nemesis (portrayed by the late great Michael Clarke Duncan in the 2004 movie and brilliantly reinvented by Vincent D'Onofrio in the Netflix show). If he doesn't count because he debuted as a Spiderman villain let me know and I'll pick another one.

I picture Kingpin as the archetypal heavy, slow and hard-hitting and reliant on grabs. Kingpin would use moves reminiscent of sumo wrestling mixed with precise strikes and blows. He would also use his cane for some moves (in the comics it's been known to house lasers and sleeping gas). One idea I had to properly represent his strategy and his status as the top of the criminal food chain is to have him call hits as attacks. Basically, Kingpin commands his offscreen underlings to attack his foe so he doesn't get his hands dirty. Some attacks would have an offscreen sniper fire, others would have a crate of heavy materials drop from offstage in an "accident", stuff like that. Basically, what I'm thinking is something like Zangief meets Duck Hunt?

Hyper Combos:

1: Crime Wave
Kingpin punches the ground, sending a massive shockwave across the stage.

1: Bullseye
Kingpin summons Bullseye, who throws 4 shuriken in an arc.

3: Shame If Something Happened
Kingpin headbutts. If it connects, it leads to a cutscene in which Kingpin puts his unconscious opponent in a car, walks away smoking a cigar, then throws the cigar to the ground, lighting a trail of oil and blowing up the car behind him.
Job #19:

Sin

Better known as Sinthia Shmidt who is the daughter of Johan (the Red Skull) and enemy of Captain America. When the Skull was hoping for a male heir, he ended up giving birth to a daughter which left him enraged. Although he was about to kill her, one of his followers named Susan Scarbo convinced him not to in which Sinthia was left in her care. Once Sinthia had grown in to a child, the Red Skull returned and placed her in a machine that accelerated her in to adult age and at the same time, she had been given superpowers. She had clashed with Captain America whilst she formed a group called the "Sister of Sins" whilst being Mother Superior. She also had a relationship with Crossbones after he kidnapped her from the SHIELD facility in which the two went on a killing spree. I'd imagine that her gameplay could utilise a combination of her durability and power that may consist of a mix of martial arts, firearms and explosives.

Possible Hyper Moves Ideas:

Level 1. Rapid Fire: Utilising all of her of her firearms to fire against her opponent.
Level 1. Combo Blow: Sin unleashes a handful of martial arts moves to her opponent before finishing them off with her rocket launcher.
Level 3 Fateful Sin: Sin will fire a shot with her pistol whip to trap her opponent, before she summons Crossbones to land a couple of punches, he then proceeds to hand her the "Hammer of Skadi" where she delivers the finishing blow.

PS. Sin is the one on the right of the image.
Here are the list:
  • Kang the Conqueror
  • Loki
  • Mephisto
  • Absorbing Man
  • Kingpin
  • Sin
Please vote for your top three. Ranked voting is active.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Kang
2. Loki
3. Mephisto

I really liked the movesets made for these three, they all sounded really compelling. And of course they're all either major villains in the comics and either are or will be big in the MCU.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Loki
2. Kingpin
3. Kang

(I'm guessing I can only put my own nomination in third; if I can't include my own nomination, then I'll edit this post to reflect that)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #20: Submit a Stage based on Devil May Cry

DMC stage content is largely nonexistent in MvC so let’s rectify this by adding one in the game!

when submitting content, pleSe provide the following information:
  • Location Name
  • Game it Appeared in
  • How the stage looks like

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 20: Devil May Cry stage

As this stage is in the endgame of Devil May Cry 5, I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

Qliphoth Roots (Devil May Cry 5)

The site of the final boss battles with Vergil in Devil May Cry 5, the roots of the Qliphoth (pronounced Kly-foth), which extend into the air, are largely flat and barren as seen in the picture above, making them well-suited for a fighting game stage. Large jagged structures, along with the upper atmosphere, can be seen in the background. After a while, Nico's van will drive through the background, skidding to a stop so the DMC characters that don't wind up playable can get out and watch, cheering on the fighters and enjoying the carnage.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 20

Temen-ni-gru

This is the main location in Devil May Cry 3. The stage would take place on the top of the Tower (Pictured above), and you can see many demons flying or walking around in the background. Nico's Van also has a chance of driving through some demons in the background

Top Bottom