• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel vs Capcom 4: Regenesis

What should the aesthetic of this new MvC be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 11: Onslaught
09949466-0C84-4FC8-B7B3-AA2023D12057.png

Onslaught was the main villain of the first Marvel vs Capcom game. Ever since his first appearance, he has never made another appearance as a playable character. Onslaught was made from the combination of Xavier’s darkest emotions and Magneto’s anger. If it wasn’t for Onslaught, there would be no reason for everyone to crossover. I think it’s time for Onslaught to finally make a comeback.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #11: Gambit

Gambit, also known as Remy LeBeau, is an iconic mutant and a fighter in MvC1 and 2. His superpower is to charge inanimate objects with kinetic energy, turning anything into a powerful projectile or weapon; he usually does this with playing cards and his staff. Unlike many of the cut fighters, his moveset was unique, and he was probably cut due to being de-emphasized in the movies (after his... unfortunate role in X-Men Origins: Wolverine), but that also means that it wouldn't take much creativity to make him stand out from the roster.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Psylocke
2. Rogue
3. Cable

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
As a marvel player, I would really like to see Marvel 4 be like Marvel 2. I would like to see uppercut assists be strong again. I would like to see high damage. The damage in Marvel 3 was perfect. Being killed my any hit was hype to me, I like fast games.

as for roster:
Lady from Dmc
Zaki from Rival Schools
Jack from Power Stone

Marvel
Spiral
Omega Red
Rogue

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #12: Submit a Capcom Character from either Capcom vs SNK or Capcom vs Tatsunoko but has yet to be Featured in Marvel vs Capcom

Capcom has quite the extensive Library of characters it used fir its crossover Versus series. Some of these characters have yet to be featured in a MvC game so let’s bridge that gap and include a Capcom character from one of them!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job 12:
A Capcom Character from Capcom vs Tatsunoko: Kaijin No Soki (or Just Soki/Souki)

1617877666139.png

The main character of Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, who only made one playable Capcom vs appearance so far. His debut game didn't sell well but it was critically acclaimed and Soki himself made a pretty unique addition to the roster as a crossover fighter, with his Ogre Transformation and use of katanas.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 12:

Hugo

Originating in Final Fight as one of the larger enemies (and part of a boss fight), Hugo (one of the Andore family, in reference to the pro wrestler Andre the Giant that he's based on) is a big guy, to put it mildly. Towering over most characters in the games that he appears in, Hugo has made the jump to Street Fighter through Street Fighter III (which later led to appearances in Street Fighter x Tekken and Street Fighter IV), along with an appearance in SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom.

He's probably one of the few Capcom characters that could compare to Sentinel in size, though he's more of a close-quarters fighter than Sentinel.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job 12: Demitri

Demitri is a playable character in the Darkstalkers series, and is often considered the protagonist of the series. I think he’s an iconic, important character and he hasn’t really had the chance to shine in crossovers except for SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos. I think he would make perfect sense for a game like this.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 12

Saki Omokane

Saki | Marvel vs. Capcom Wiki | Fandom

Appearing as an Assist in the original MvC and a playable character in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Saki Omokane is a character from the quiz game, Quiz Nanairo Dreams. She is a seemingly ordinary 16-year-old girl who is actually a member of an international Earth Defense Force with moves such as a energy position cannon, grenades, and a variety of special ammunition at her disposal.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #12: Tessa

Tessa is one of the four fighters from the 1996 game Red Earth, who appeared in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos. A sorcerologist from Icelarn, Tessa uses alchemy in her attacks to do things like summon ghosts and meteors, fight alongside her cats and elemental fairies, fire blasts of chakra and even turn her cape into a dragon. From what I've seen Tessa had a lot of requests for MvCI so I think she'd make for a cool addition and another new franchise.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #12 - Maki Genryusai

I think I'll pick Maki Genryusai.

Maki Genrysai first made her appearance as one of the playable characters within Final Fight 2. She is quite a speedy ninja who yields tonfas as her choice of weapon in combat. She is the daughter of Master Genryusai, the younger sister to Rena who is dating Guy and member of the Bushin-ryu clan. She re-appeared as a playable character in Capcom Vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millenium 2001 as well as making a further apperance in Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey uh

This may seem like a really weird question, but

Considering the lineup that's shown on the OP so far

I wonder when we're adding some more "regular" veterans
Yep! That initial lineup was intended on a reveal basis but that isn’t exactly the best thing for the thread I think so I am transitioning to a more “let’s compile content as it comes” format. We will be doing veteran content and adding the fan favorites and must haves in a bit.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yep! That initial lineup was intended on a reveal basis but that isn’t exactly the best thing for the thread I think so I am transitioning to a more “let’s compile content as it comes” format. We will be doing veteran content and adding the fan favorites and must haves in a bit.
I'm aware of the fact that we're doing this in the order of when things would be hypothetically revealed and it's a great approach IMO, I was just wondering lol

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #13: Submit four previous veterans that have appeared in two or more past MvC titles

It’s time to start filling out our veteran roster. We will be adding a total of sixteen veterans to our roster at this moment. This means 8 Capcom and 8 Marvel veterans. Please submit two veterans from both Capcom and Marvel. Please don’t submit more than two per franchise. You May submit less than this though if you can’t figure out a character to add. There isn’t a need to add long paragraphs to each character. Simply a quick write up why they should come back will suffice.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Tessa
2. Saki
3. Demitri

------

Zero
Strider Hiryu

Dr. Doom
Doctor Strange

These characters are also somewhat explanatory, Zero is popular, Strider hasn't missed an MVC yet, Dr. Doom is popular and Doctor Strange has popularity from the MCU.

Top Bottom