• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
DL!!!

mmm, gonna test him :) even if he's not P:M's falco he will sure be fun

EDIT:

if only I could get my hand in some P:M's character .pacs to use them on B+ :) (with the newer motion files ofcourse :)

EDIT2:

****... that falco just sucks as... he's not even melee falco in anything >.> lame...

/dessapointment face + *face palm*

EDIT3:

throws up... *Erases the lame falco .pac*

the only thing that was good was the texture :)

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
what... o.O

DL!!!

mmm, gonna test him :) even if he's not P:M's falco he will sure be fun

EDIT:

if only I could get my hand in some P:M's character .pacs to use them on B+ :) (with the newer motion files ofcourse :)

EDIT2:

****... that falco just sucks as... he's not even melee falco in anything >.> lame...

/dessapointment face + *face palm*

EDIT3:

throws up... *Erases the lame falco .pac*

the only thing that was good was the texture :)
Really? .... !

But I already clicked on download .... :(

IDK what codeset you used... (I haven't already test him)

Could anyone of this project tell me if this is the Falco on the trailer?

Or was it a special Melee 2.0 version?

(Also I wish anyone would find a debug mode on Brawl ... I loved it in Melee ^^")

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Really? .... !

But I already clicked on download .... :(

IDK what codeset you used... (I haven't already test him)

Could anyone of this project tell me if this is the Falco on the trailer?

Or was it a special Melee 2.0 version?

(Also I wish anyone would find a debug mode on Brawl ... I loved it in Melee ^^")
there was no codeset, only the texture, the psa .pac and the moveset (motionetc.pac)

he can't JC shine
he's Shine angle is like Fox's :s
He's nair has same trajectory as luigi's with les KB
Fsmash hitboxes are the same as He's old Fsmash (hitbox on head/beak)
can SH x2 lasers :s
Uair not like melee's, just Vbrawls falco's :s

the only cool thing about him is the texture :o

Luigi should play like this in P:M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGq-e_6FxVw

I just lol'ed. Those are some ridiculous combos. Just watch it, I'm not gonna spoil it.
very nice :D

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Wow, uh... The point was really the animations, the texture, and the vertex edit. Detailed hitbox data would have been nice, but that wasn't the main focus of the project.

Power Marshall did a really good job on most of the animations and it annoys me that you're just writing it off as worthless because of a few hitboxes.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
there was no codeset, only the texture, the psa .pac and the moveset (motionetc.pac)

he can't JC shine
he's Shine angle is like Fox's :s
He's nair has same trajectory as luigi's with les KB
Fsmash hitboxes are the same as He's old Fsmash (hitbox on head/beak)
can SH x2 lasers :s
Uair not like melee's, just Vbrawls falco's :s

the only cool thing about him is the texture :o

very nice :D
But I think they tried very much to do a (more beta) Melee Falco for brawl. As I see some Melee videos it still looks hard to exactly redevelop that engine to Brawl.

Also the coding isn't as simple as it looks from besides. There are many things to be cared about. I also tried to recode Falco's Shine, but it took long time and I've to learn for the end exams of my school (high level).

Also, you are right ... experienced PSA workers should be able to change that Falco to a normal Melee Falco!

Wow, uh... The point was really the animations, the texture, and the vertex edit. Detailed hitbox data would have been nice, but that wasn't the main focus of the project.

Power Marshall did a really good job on most of the animations and it annoys me that you're just writing it off as worthless because of a few hitboxes.
Ok, if the hitboxes weren't planned it should be understood that they aren't the same like in Melee...

Maybe anything can be done there, if anyone ask the author. But I think it seems that this project already has its own Falco.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
maybe let that falco be an example of what P:M's falco would be in terms of animations

but shanus indeed will have a more polished melee falco in any term

kidd69

Smash Cadet
clap clap all i can say from the vids i have seen is that this **** is guna go far

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Considering Luigi will have MUCH better recovery also some new gimping ability and other little nifty tricks makes me think he'll be a petty good character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Considering Luigi will have MUCH better recovery also some new gimping ability and other little nifty tricks makes me think he'll be a petty good character.
I think he should have to charge his down-b again, and I think it should be hard to do too. Maybe not as hard since like 3% of people could get it at full height. xD

Everything else isn't that much better besides him being able to sweetspot the edge with the missle.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I will finally have time for this project come tomorrow.

YES!! =)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Jeez, stop asking for characters' 64 moves back. This is Project Melee not Project 64 (Not the emulator -_-).

shanus

Smash Hero
#ProjectM on the irc on brawlplus.net is now open again for public discussion

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think he should have to charge his down-b again, and I think it should be hard to do too. Maybe not as hard since like 3% of people could get it at full height. xD

Everything else isn't that much better besides him being able to sweetspot the edge with the missle.
I dunno if it should be made difficult on purpose. It's not like it gives him an Edge or something.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I wouldnt be suprised if it was Sonic. All those spindash shenanigans, amazing recovery, good aerials (Uair/Bair especially) high groundspeed for tech chasing and a spring to potentially gimp recoveries would make him into so much ****...

If not him, I'm pretty sure Diddy, Wolf, or lOlimar would be the candiates for it....

humble

Smash Ace
Diddy with aerial glide toss is still a concept I'm afraid of... But then again, everyone else will be able to pick up his nanners easier w/ wavedash, just like Pit could pick them up with wingdash in brawl...

Wolf definitely not. He'll get the crap juggled out of him, and without Bdodge he can't escape as easily. His recovery is still balls, his blaster is still pretty meh, he isn't really that great a character even without his weaknesses.

Lolimar has teh pikmins and doesn't afraid of anythin- wait, hes offstage, lol nvm. Seriously, with faster falling and no Bdodge he gets forced to the ledge and offstage and then...well, we all know how awesome he and ivysaurs recoveries are. Onstage I can see him ****** more though.

Sonic will still have all his small hitboxes, weak low priority, and trouble killing from in vbrawl. Sure he is fast so he could techchase well and his gimp gimmick is decent, but he isn't that great, characters like Meta still **** much harder for recoveries, they are almost as fast for techchasing, and they don't have his multitude of problems. +1 for being able to airdodge out of spindash btw.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Falco had the same problem. Didn't stop him from ****** **** all dai. Olimar will be god tier.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Just curious, but which of the new characters added in brawl will be best in P:M?
I'm thinking DDD. Good range, SA recovery, can gimp.

Ike has his QD shenanigans and fAir spamming range.

Diddy for sure will be one of the really good ones for P:M.

And Metaknight.. who can forget this guy. Making him a FF'er will possibly allow him to combo more.s

Those are some of my guesses.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Ike has his QD shenanigans and fAir spamming range.

Diddy for sure will be one of the really good ones for P:M.

And Metaknight.. who can forget this guy. Making him a FF'er will possibly allow him to combo more.s

Those are some of my guesses.
I have to say so far We are on the same page.

I think DDD has a spot for Top tier locked just because he ca do it all and do it really well.

Gannon might be a sleeper...him or pit. Depending on pit's ability to survive hits from...everyone basically.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Dedede will likely play VERY differently than he does in vBrawl and Brawl+. Don't take anything as a given.

Metaknight being a fast faller doesn't doesn't seem to help him combo. But the faster falling speeds of other characters does. He was a harder time recovering, and now he gets comboed pretty hard. Right now I actually think he might be below average.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
People underrate Sonic <_<.

Prioirty issues? lol wut?

Anyway I wanna ask while I'm at it. Can you adjust Sonic's side B for the increased gravity? The hop doesn't go nearly as high as it did before. I want the original high so that I can jump onto platforms out of it <_<.

Also, there's a glitch on Sonic's up B. If you up B right after you get out of hitstun, you go nowhere <_<. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wolf definitely not. He'll get the crap juggled out of him, and without Bdodge he can't escape as easily. His recovery is still balls, his blaster is still pretty meh, he isn't really that great a character even without his weaknesses.
The only thing in here that's true is that his blaster sucks.

He escapes juggles and gets back to the ground better than any character in his weight class (hellooo shine), his bair WoP is very good, he's got solid kill power, his recovery is very difficult to edgeguard if you know what you're doing. Wolf is a great character. There's a reason that Wolf is still really good in B+ even after the significant nerfs he got.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it's pretty hard to predict what melee mechanics will do to brawl characters, so figuring out who the best is should be postponed until....we try them in melee physics <_<

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah, those bugs are known DS. I'll try and see if I can get a fix in for him in the next build for both of those.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Will Ness be exactly the same as he is in brawl+ now or will he get some of his melee attributes restored? Not specifically talking about dair jacket or yoyo glitch.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
My Predictions for teh top spot
King DDD
WD-> Down-B Mindgames = WIN
Wario (Cha-Cha-Cha)
ZSS
MK?