• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
i know MK gets alot of stigma...but with melee physics plus him being a FF, he is going to be rubbish.

imagine an easy to combo character that cant combo back... omg its bowser but with the ability to edgeguard...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
My Predictions for teh top spot
King DDD
WD-> Down-B Mindgames = WIN
Wario (Cha-Cha-Cha)
ZSS
MK?
I think

DDD
Wario
Fox
Shiek
Ike
????? someone who's yet to surface

High
Jiggs
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Falco
Ganon
Maybe some like sonic, pit, ZSS also..

i know MK gets alot of stigma...but with melee physics plus him being a FF, he is going to be rubbish.

imagine an easy to combo character that cant combo back... omg its bowser but with the ability to edgeguard...
More like Young link with Fox's falling speed and hit stun. Doesn't have shines to bail him out. either.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Stop debating how good MK will be before we finish working on him or playing it. I'm tempted to make him better than Brawl just to spite all of you.

shanus

Smash Hero
i'm going to make his whorenado be like peach's melee downsmash that fly's EVERYWHERE

... they should really do that in B- :-O

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
As a scientist it pains me to see people make such guesses with so little concrete evidence... but meh.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I also don't like tiers in any case because I would do my best to make the characters balanced each other, where every characters has its special powers and weaknesses (all in harmonic breaths of fairness).

(But maybe I exaggerated xD)

And ... about Toon Link: Will he behave more like Young Link in Melee or more like the original Toon Link?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I almost want the force fall removed from his Dair. If anything, I'd like to see this project test that and see what happens.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Toon link will have Young Link physics, d-smash, nair, dash attack, f-tilt, among other things. He will retain some of his Toon Link moves, though. Expect a sexy delicious hybrid.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hey guys I heard you like talking about tiers.

Don't.
Hey. I hear you don't know about Olimar.

Let me fill you in.

It doesn't matter where he actually ends up in the tierlist. He is the best character in the game. He has pink boots. Get *****.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sexy delicious hybrids don't have ****ty cel shading effects or cat eyes or heads as big as their torsos.
Don't fret. That young link vertex hack will be finished sometime (and hopefully possible to put over Toon Link).

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I don't care talking about tiers if it's ok for everybody

but I can see this totally

Sheik with her melee physics will be dominant to many of the cast, but I see DDKong more of a treat, nanners is a new thing that is unique to DDKong

Mk will be good, he won't be crap as I've read in some posts, I can see him with a good gimping potential, sorta like marth in terms of edge guard

and would be lovely if people like Mango, Mew2King would give some reference in here, I hope they don't get their head in like:
"this is not something official" "this is just a hack, nothing to get serious"

I would love to see them play atleast once or even friendlies

*on topic*

hmmm how is G&W going? I've heard of him having he's Nair Back and he's Up B like in melee, but what else is changing for him?

G&W was perfect in melee, exept for he's sukie DodgeRolls/SpotDodge and techrolls and that he was unable to cancel certain aerilals, would like to see a 100% meleefied G&W with buffing atleast some of the badsides of him

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Roll Dodging is sparse in competitive melee and spot dodging is.... I can't remember the last time I saw it in a match (in melee). So I don't really see a reason for those things to be buffed.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Yeah, Diddy is a beast with his nannerz in P:M, more so than ever. God, aerial glide tossing is amazing.

I can tell you guys first hand this game is better than I thought possible, kudos to the dev team, and their excellent work thus far!

Btw, you guys can expect a very stylized P:M (from a GFX standpoint). More on that later... ;)

hypeM!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
GFX stylization? I thought it was enough to expect physics changes, animation changes, and a few sound changes, but GFX changes?
Making me anxious to see this >:|

Dan_X

Smash Lord
GFX like, squirtle's water and fire animations, for example? Or is GFX something else?
Sorry, allow me to elaborate... Though certain in-game attacks and animations look much cooler than before, this has nothing to do with my work. I'm working to make the game as distinguishable from the other mods, and Brawl as possible. Similar to how Brawl+ currently has a start-up screen w/ Brawl+ logo.

I hope that clarifies a bit. :D

Nevertheless, I assure you guys it will be fancy.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Sorry, allow me to elaborate... Though certain in-game attacks and animations look much cooler than before, this has nothing to do with my work. I'm working to make the game as distinguishable from the other mods, and Brawl as possible. Similar to how Brawl+ currently has a start-up screen w/ Brawl+ logo.

I hope that clarifies a bit. :D

Nevertheless, I assure you guys it will be fancy.
Let me guess, a Melee-style color scheme?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Menu, I bet :o
Now, it'd be one thing if you got a Melee-themed menu. It'd be a whole other thing if you literally repositioned the buttons and textured them in such a way that looks like Melee!
That is, if this is part of the thing you're talking about :p

Rudra

Smash Ace
Hey. I hear you don't know about Olimar.

Let me fill you in.

It doesn't matter where he actually ends up in the tierlist. He is the best character in the game. He has pink boots. Get *****.
This man speaks truth. LOLimar is srs business

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Diddy is a beast with his nannerz in P:M, more so than ever. God, aerial glide tossing is amazing.

I can tell you guys first hand this game is better than I thought possible, kudos to the dev team, and their excellent work thus far!

Btw, you guys can expect a very stylized P:M (from a GFX standpoint). More on that later... ;)

hypeM!
The logo does it have "Super Smash Bros. Melee 2.0" (where "Melee 2.0" tries to replace "Brawl")?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The pink boots did it. I'm totally convinced now.

@spam_arrows: No, what you're doing is what scientists call a guess. There's a difference.
really....the word hypothesisis can be used for the antecedent of a proposition not just a part of the scientific-method. Basically If I know X then I can guess what Y might be even if not with 100% accuracy. In this case Melee/Brawl&Brawl mods is X based on what I know about those I can make an educated guess of how Y(This Project) may turn out. Btw a hypothesis is sometimes referred to as an "educated guess" based on ones on insight... On another note. Why havent I heard **** about Lucario? Is he being deleted or something LOLwtf!

jalued

Smash Lord
is the game going to have a complete texture package included? i think everyone preferes melee grapics as they are :p would also be nice if the stages are increased in size (or characters made smaller)

Revven

FrankerZ
The only stage I think that should be increased in size is FD, and that's assuming you get the melee FD design from Mewtwo_2000.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Battlefield feels kinda cramped in teams <_<. Even more cramped than melee.

idk, it just feels like a lot of the brawl characters are huge.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Isn't that why we have a Universal Size Mod? -.o'

ValTroX

Smash Ace
The only stage I think that should be increased in size is FD, and that's assuming you get the melee FD design from Mewtwo_2000.
I agree

Battlefield feels kinda cramped in teams <_<. Even more cramped than melee.

idk, it just feels like a lot of the brawl characters are huge.
Brawl character are indeed kinda big, but BF feels fine IMHO

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that why we have a Universal Size Mod? -.o'
Yes, but specials don't scale using that. Its pretty hilarious when a tiny metaknight gets the same distance out of drill rush as he would when he's regular sized.

Its much more practical to increase the stage size in brawlbox.

vectorace

Smash Cadet
I heard there is supposed to be a sound pack that we can DL does/will that contain things like the melee slash sounds when u tipped or hit the mid of roy's sword? Cause i perfer that over the new sound.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I heard there is supposed to be a sound pack that we can DL does/will that contain things like the melee slash sounds when u tipped or hit the mid of roy's sword? Cause i perfer that over the new sound.
Only if FPC 4.0 is working by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom