• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
EDIT: If there will be some time: I would like to request the special techniques my friends like to use in in Melee.
Shown on here
Wow. I love that item steal idea. It makes sense since you're so close to the opponent from successfully grabbing them, why not steal the item as well? As for the DI'd item throw, although I like the idea, I think its better to leave the item throws as is.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Expecting any character to play like they do in their original game is pretty unrealistic.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Most footstools are accidental than they are intentional and this is because jump when you're near someone = a footstool. To remedy this, they gave the option to map it to a different button so you can actually have control of when you want to do it.
But why wouldn't you want to footstool? I don't think I've ever accidentley footstooled and been put in a bad position because of it.

D

Deleted member

That item throw diagonally would be pretty good but, however, giving it to Peach or Diddy might be broken

On the other hand, Link could probably use that exclusively with his bombs (or all item throws) to better wall projectiles and combo with his bombs. ...Maybe not, he has Zair after all, but it might be an idea worth using to buff a weak character.

That item steal is impractical, but still cool.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
it'd also make snake vs snake even more skewed, or somethin.

agreeing on the peach/diddy thing. besides, when you see a turnip land on a spacie offstage, you know it's at least impressive. this would take away from that to an extent, at the same time of buffing their onstage gimp game. bleh.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Fully controlled anything could cause some overpowered shenanigans with anyone, even with Link. Snake with all direction grenades, Link covering everything he does with a directional bomb... oh good jeebus.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
^ big wavedash distance + Dedede's up tilt = broken
I plan to nerf his up+tilt in a few ways.

On topic: Dedede needs to slide far with his wave dash. His mobility, both in the air and on the ground, sucks. Being able to Wave Dash a decent distance would allow him to tie his moves together a lot better.

Course, I haven't touched B+ in forever and thus have no knowledge of how they affected D3's aerial mobility.
His mobility still sucks in air and ground. Right now his wavedash is pretty long. I don't know if its gonna be kept like that because of all the other changes I have planned for him.

If I am able to get through several issues with PSA then Dedede is going to be playing VERY differently. So I would just say don't make many assumptions on how good he will be.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
@Giza, I've been so friggen busy this weekend with work that I haven't yet had a chance to test and give feedback on your DDD.pac. Thank God I'm free today (Monday). I'll be working on P:M stuff most of the day, I'll also have time to check out your D3 (even if by this point you're on a newer .PAC). Heck, if you are I could just get it from you if I see you on aim / irc, and do some testing. :)

as for item stealing, that'd be interesting, but I'm not sure I'd want it in game. I think it'd just be annoying, but hey, that's me.

Diagonal item throwing sounds cool but guys P:M sports aerial glide-tossing, which is amazing might I add. It's already a decent buff to the likes of any character that uses an item, namely link, diddy, and peach. If they could diagonal glide toss.. Well I don't know. It could be broken. It's worth check out, perhaps.

Ironically, despite my mentioning of aerial glide tossing being good, and a buff in and of itself, the inclusion of diagonal throws actually makes sense here. In playing P:M, and playing a good amount of diddy, I often find mysel trying to glidetoss at an angle (diagonal). I dunno, it just makes sense with how you can input the glidetoss in the air. But it's still limited to the same options available on the ground (forward, back, up, down). So who knows. Maybe only allow diagonal throwing in aerial glide tossing?

Anyway... I'm going to bed. Why am I up at 3:30AM? Seriously. Wth.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
As was stated earlier by someone; the item steal would be cool if it caused the grab to release. So, like an alternative to throwing. Kind weird, but it seems fun and not that stupid. I'd be up for the diagonal thing being tested. It seems like it wouldn't work out, though.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
@Giza, I've been so friggen busy this weekend with work that I haven't yet had a chance to test and give feedback on your DDD.pac. Thank God I'm free today (Monday). I'll be working on P:M stuff most of the day, I'll also have time to check out your D3 (even if by this point you're on a newer .PAC). Heck, if you are I could just get it from you if I see you on aim / irc, and do some testing. :)
I don't even remember what was on that .pac anymore. I probably haven't gotten much further though. I have been testing out random things and most of them haven't been getting close to the desired effects. Don't worry about it too much.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
On Brawl, you cannot DI Fox's (and falco's?) fall while spamming lasers (he falls straight down no matter how much you move the stick) unlike melee (where you could fall towards the stage while shooting) please fix that.

humble

Smash Ace
I support diagonal item throws, am against item stealing, support DI for lasers, am against aerial glide toss being over powered, I support nerfing throwable projectiles to account for how good aerial glide toss and diagonal throwing would make them.

Oh, and I support P:M.

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't support it as it would be a PITA to code. Actually, I have no idea how to code it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Item stealing would be very easy if you were willing to edit each character .pac. For example, Zero's Fthrow does exactly that. It merely requires a "Drop Item" in the the Thrown subaction(s), and a "Pick up Item" in the Throw subaction(s).

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
*below quote*

This.

Errrm... no, Ike is not Roy by any means >.>

I love it!!! I hate Brawl cam <3.

This is so great O.o!!! melee hacking is so awsome :)

The Item Steal is perfect omg so perfect, and even the Diagonal Item Throw :)

Yeah, those two are quite impressive ^^

and another hack that was very fun (obviously not for competitive play) "Each character gets a cpu clone that fight for you (and act's like nana)
Yeah, but it wasn't optional as normal code only implemented in the Debug Menu (wParam's Mod) it was optional and adjustable.

@ Wind_Owl: Why not?

If you have time you can code it.

I saw some people who like this techniques (also here), so it maybe can become a lit a bit popular.

EDIT: I'm also said that it's so hard to decrypt the .rel files -_-

Item stealing would be very easy if you were willing to edit each character .pac. For example, Zero's Fthrow does exactly that. It merely requires a "Drop Item" in the the Thrown subaction(s), and a "Pick up Item" in the Throw subaction(s).
Yes, but it has to be an extra technique, so that you have to hit B while grabbing the opponent to get its item.

That would really make this game more technical ^^!

(If you could imagine: Items can be grabbed in the air, stolen while grab and thrown in any direction ... plus other techniques like footstool, wall jump and dash grab ... a game ... or just a masterpiece? - Nobody knows ...)

This isn't Project Use Smash Box to Add a Crap Load of Things to Brawl, it's Project M. Its goal is to make the game identical to Melee.
If I also could say something about reasons against and for something new or different:

In a democratic way, for all those who work on this project, you should make a conference for a case like this.

So, that every worker first can choose if he/she is against or for the change.

If the answer is "yes", a poll should be done on this topic and sent to all interested people, else it wont be implemented.

Then every interested people can choose if he/she wants or don't wants to have it on this project.

If the result has a majority under 60% it could be repeated, but in every case the result will decide.

And hopefully everyone will be content with it.

(Also in other words, for me the special techniques should be done in an extra modification for this project, maybe as an extra codeset (double GCT), so that users can decide if they play with or without these things. On a tournament it will be mentioned in the rules, if they play with it.)

shanus

Smash Hero
Item stealing was optional though in the code he made. So it would need to interface IF B+Z was pressed, force opponent to drop item, pick up item. That's why its hard

Also, I just think the idea is superfluous / unnecessary because it also doesn't have its own animation [to me, every character would need an "item steal" animation for it to truly make sense during a grab.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No, its goal is to make Melee 2.0. A better Melee.
...Since WHEN? O_o

I'm pretty sure that the whole purpose of this at the beginning was to make the game 100% identical to Melee, not a revamp with even more stuff.

Not objecting the idea though. In fact, I rather like it. :3

shanus

Smash Hero
We don't want to associate ourselves with "better than melee", them be fighting words ;-)

I think everyone will be happy with it though when we do choose to release it.

GPDP

Smash Ace
This isn't Project Use Smash Box to Add a Crap Load of Things to Brawl, it's Project M. Its goal is to make the game identical to Melee.
...Since WHEN? O_o

I'm pretty sure that the whole purpose of this at the beginning was to make the game 100% identical to Melee, not a revamp with even more stuff.

Not objecting the idea though. In fact, I rather like it. :3
Uh, it's been explicitly clear since the beginning that this project aims to improve Melee, not replicate it. Its goal is to make Brawl like Melee, not make it Melee.

but nothing is better than Melee.
This is what I'm talking about. These kinds of comments are what has me worried for this project.

Thank goodness the awesome people behind this project know better than to put Melee on a pedestal of infallibility.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
We don't want to associate ourselves with "better than melee", them be fighting words ;-)

I think everyone will be happy with it though when we do choose to release it.
are you going to release a beta for a limited number of people, then find all the bugs and glitches, fine tune it and finally release a gold version? dont make same mistake as brawl+...

Take as long as it takes!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Thank goodness the awesome people behind this project know better than to put Melee on a pedestal of infallibility.
Bingo. In fact, I'm pretty friggin' easy to improve Melee in general. Slight buffs to the lower tier characters. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I'm glad there's effort being done to do more than just replicate Melee, even if that is a good starting spot. (Character physics)

are you going to release a beta for a limited number of people, then find all the bugs and glitches, fine tune it and finally release a gold version? please no updates.
What is with people being against the idea of updates? Crap happens. Mistakes can be made. There's a middle ground between "Updating a tournament-used game every week" and "Standing your ground, refusing to update B+ 5.0." What happens when new codes come out (Clone engine) that could vastly improve the game? Refusing to do anything is stubborn.

And betas are already available to people developing the game.

(Sorry I've been out of the loop, I've honestly only had enough free time to make the occasional post. Friggin' finals)

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
The way I interpreted it, the goal's to turn Brawl into Melee with more characters and better balancing, using Brawl+ as a base to build off of. Whether it ends up being exactly like Melee or not remains to be seen. Not sure how others would get different ideas.

I realize item stealing grabs are getting support but I don't feel they should be put in. They feel more like something you'd put into the game as if to say "Hey, look what we can do with hacking!". It'd be nifty but, that's about it.

As for diagonal item throws... the only thing I really like is that the Links would be able to toss bombs at angles as they come back to the stage. The rest just seems like it'd be overpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom