• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
I also want that this project becomes very good and really unforgettable, but if there are so much claims to it, the people working on it think "Yeah we will also do that and additionally work on this..." so they wont become ready in any case.

It's a really good project and I like talking about it. But sometimes I forgot what's done and what's already not.

At this thread I often see what is dispensable (SSB64 moves as an additional attack e.g. "can you code both?", there aren't that many free slotts for adding that many attacks!)
____

But also, I would like to say that a BETA without any BEAT .pac files would only be a halve BETA, because the whole project also depends on the pac files for the characters.

And could anyone of this project PM me a preority list or post it here (I wont publish it, I just wanna take a look on it plz)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm all for changing as many of the brawl sounds as possible. Melee sounds were much better. Either way... Don't think that's possible until a file replacement 4.0 is produced. I hope that happens. Any word on said code?
I think that in preparation of a completed FPC 4.0 (not saying soon, just any given time that it's fixed up), someone either outside this team or in it with time on their hands could get a collection of Melee/SSB64 sounds to replace the Brawl sounds (packed together with a text file listing the number of sound each new effect replaces). I wouldn't be surprised if someone already was.

shanus

Smash Hero
Priority list:

Do a lot of stuff.

We require -two- major codes before I will even consider a public beta.

The first is light shoulder presses to register L-canceling and air dodging at a minimum.

The second is regarding landing collision timing. In melee, you would land a bit into your legs, even towards your knees. In brawl, its slightly below you feet. For it to feel truly like melee and have feel more smooth, this is a *key* code.

By the time these codes are complete, character pacs should be done.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I think that in preparation of a completed FPC 4.0 (not saying soon, just any given time that it's fixed up), someone either outside this team or in it with time on their hands could get a collection of Melee/SSB64 sounds to replace the Brawl sounds (packed together with a text file listing the number of sound each new effect replaces). I wouldn't be surprised if someone already was.
I will be doing this as soon as BrawlBox supports sounds of any length, which could be a while.

I hadn't considered SSB64 sounds, but that's definitely a cool idea.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Priority list:

Do a lot of stuff.

We require -two- major codes before I will even consider a public beta.

The first is light shoulder presses to register L-canceling and air dodging at a minimum.

The second is regarding landing collision timing. In melee, you would land a bit into your legs, even towards your knees. In brawl, its slightly below you feet. For it to feel truly like melee and have feel more smooth, this is a *key* code.

Shanus, was PizzaBoy's work with light shoulder presses ever looked into?

This is a test, let me know if it works out, then I'll make player 2-4 codes.

For RSBE01 (NTSC)
Instant Shoulder Presses Player 1 [PizzaBoy]
C2221EE4 00000006
7000DDFF 89DF0074
2C0E000A 41800008
38002000 89DF0075
2C0E000A 41800008
38000200 B01D002A
60000000 00000000

For any hackers wanting to look at it, here is the assembly:

branching from 80221EE4

andi. r0,r0,56831
lbz r14,116(r31)
cmpwi r14,10
blt _r
addi r0,r0,8192
_r:
lbz r14,117(r31)
cmpwi r14,10
blt _end
addi r0,r0,512
_end:
sth r0,42(r29)

Edit- have a small error, fixing it.
Edit- Fixed, was using ble instead of blt
He claimed it worked. However, he made it for the Classic Controller. He said he would make one for the GC controller, but never did.

Is there anything of use here?

EDIT: THE CODE WORKS!

Partially, however. Indeed, it only works with the Classic Controller, and only on Player 1. Furthermore, I can't seem to shieldgrab now, or exit a match. In other words, it won't register inputs that involve L or R + any action button. I can dodgeroll and spot dodge, however.

A flawed code, of course, but perhaps it can be improved.

Can anyone who has access to P:M test the code to see if it works with L-canceling and air dodging?

EDIT2: It does appear to work with airdodging. This means its only real flaw is the fact it disables action buttons being pressed at the same time as the shoulder buttons, since with tap jump on, I can still jump out of shield.

Well, also the fact it doesn't work with the GC controller lol.

Still, someone should test it to see if L-canceling works.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thanks for reply shanus. So we're just talking about the .pac files.

By the way in the 1st post is mentioned that some physics / any movements (like Air Dodge) will be .pac injection, so wont be the codes on the final release?

Because you wrote that the BETA should feel like Melee and there will be the Air Dodge Code in it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I will be doing this as soon as BrawlBox supports sounds of any length, which could be a while.

I hadn't considered SSB64 sounds, but that's definitely a cool idea.
There's at least a couple of things I'd pull from 64, maybe out of personal preference like the Falcon Punch, grab sound, down throw floor hit (just do 64 Falcon's Fthrow and you'll know what sound I'm talking about). A ton of character-specific sounds (and most common sounds) will generally be covered by Melee because they either have ones that 64 won't have for Brawl or they're better. For the hell of it, I would replace some item sound effects like the Bob-omb with their 64 one (something I'd do personally, not really needed by anyone here).

If we could, I'd totally get Link's Hookshot, Bomb (explosion), and Boomerang (partly taken care of in Melee though) sounds from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. I'd try to get Luigi a different voice personally.

On a slightly relevant note, it would be funny to add sound actions of a character yelling immediately after being thrown, just like in 64. I'm looking forward to not hearing that ****ing air noise after heavy hits.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ok, thanks for reply shanus. So we're just talking about the .pac files.

By the way in the 1st post is mentioned that some physics / any movements (like Air Dodge) will be .pac injection, so wont be the codes on the final release?

Because you wrote that the BETA should feel like Melee and there will be the Air Dodge Code in it.
MAD won't be in code. It'll be done by injection into the fighter.pac (according to the OP). Some codes may still be used and/or modified from Brawl+ as seen necessary if they can't be/aren't injected (colored shields, hitlag modifier, triple jump glitch fix, maybe the momentum engine mod; just some guesses).

shanus

Smash Hero
MAD won't be in code. It'll be done by injection into the fighter.pac (according to the OP). Some codes may still be used and/or modified from Brawl+ as seen necessary if they can't be/aren't injected (colored shields, hitlag modifier, triple jump glitch fix, maybe the momentum engine mod; just some guesses).
A fighter.pac injection is a code, lol.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Ganondorf ftilt is staying as is. Don't know where you heard otherwise.
oh I heard of it some time ago in this very thread, but I'm not sure it was from one of the coders(probably not it seems) but I'm VERY sure I read about it here. I'm glad we still keep the sparta kick though, it's awesome, better than Melee's Ftilt IMO

Anth0ny

Smash Master

So... any word on the progress of these codes? :laugh:

Also, I love Ganon's sparta kick as much as the next guy, but his Melee ftilt was one of his best edgeguards. I'd personally like to see it make a return, because stiff Ganondorf has no place in something like Project M.

Almas

Smash Lord
The reason the light shoulder press code only works for the classic controller is because it is an ASM inject on when the classic controller raw input is read.

The reason the light shoulder press code only works for the first player is because the offsets for each raw input change for each player.

The code we have in mind is more sophisticated; alas, I have about as much free time as a dying squirrel (feebly muttering his last words to his kin, so that his prophecy can live on).

Anyone want to help me solve a mechanics problem? It's to do with the frequency of a pendulum.

GPDP

Smash Ace
The reason the light shoulder press code only works for the classic controller is because it is an ASM inject on when the classic controller raw input is read.

The reason the light shoulder press code only works for the first player is because the offsets for each raw input change for each player.

The code we have in mind is more sophisticated; alas, I have about as much free time as a dying squirrel (feebly muttering his last words to his kin, so that his prophecy can live on).

Anyone want to help me solve a mechanics problem? It's to do with the frequency of a pendulum.
I see. Well, at least you guys have an idea of what to do, and it's nice knowing it can certainly be done.

Man, I can taste the public beta already...

kupo15

Smash Hero
The sparta kick is cool, however it took more skill to be able to use the melee one effectively. It would be cool if you could angle the sparta a little bit

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
More skill? The f-tilt wasn't much deeper than:

1) Use high-Ftilt to intercept aerials
2) Use mid-Ftilt for general spacing, possibly out of waveland/ledgedash
3) Use low-Ftilt for edgeguarding, especially vs. spacie illusion recoveries

I would argue that it had a multitude of more diverse applications, yes, but I don't really see the skill gap being very different.

Also, SH U-air (AC) can still interrupt aerials about as well, and reverse U-air spike as well as D-tilt can catch sweetspotting spacies, while the newly trimmed push kick retains much of the spacing capability.

Before we argue any more, I will look into seeing if it's even technically possible. :p

GPDP

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you're gonna rework his ftilt so you can angle it, please keep the Sparta animation. I don't care too much for the old Captain Falcon cloned ftilt.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Have any of you played Dead Space?

I would make the low-Ftilt have normal push kick timings and sensible hitbox / KB, but use the Dead Space STOMP animation... sooo good.

I think it could make a decent low version of the push kick, at least :p

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure where you heard that, ValTrox.

F-tilt is currently still the Push Kick for a couple reasons. First, Ganondorf does not have the animation slots or .pac slots for an angled F-tilt. We might be able to rectify this with some creative coding, but it's hard to say.

Secondly, the Push Kick works well in punishing several of the possible Choke follow-ups.

Its range has been slightly extended, and the foot no longer lingers out there so long, though.
we could always change unused animations to be the other Ftilt's

like changing the ladderclimb animations, since nobody plays in pictochat in P:M and if they do, we can always add to the DLC the Pictoplus stage which has no ladder

and in psa add the other 2 Ftilt Angles :)

Ganondorf ftilt is staying as is. Don't know where you heard otherwise.
this just tells me that lolz, I got ninja'd :o XD

well ganon will **** with this :D

Alphatron

Smash Champion
His Uptilt should give him that bulge he had in melee and it should have that abnormal crotch hitbox his upsmash had in melee too.

Yes...I know the bulge's return isn't possible...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Or is it?

No, I don't have a link to a vertex hack that would give the bulge back.

kupo15

Smash Hero
More skill? The f-tilt wasn't much deeper than:

1) Use high-Ftilt to intercept aerials
2) Use mid-Ftilt for general spacing, possibly out of waveland/ledgedash
3) Use low-Ftilt for edgeguarding, especially vs. spacie illusion recoveries

I would argue that it had a multitude of more diverse applications, yes, but I don't really see the skill gap being very different.

Also, SH U-air (AC) can still interrupt aerials about as well, and reverse U-air spike as well as D-tilt can catch sweetspotting spacies, while the newly trimmed push kick retains much of the spacing capability.

Before we argue any more, I will look into seeing if it's even technically possible. :p
Yea...more skill. The sparta ftilt covers a huge middle range and overlaps a little of the low range whereas you would miss a ftilt on certain situations if you used the wrong angle. If you use a ftilt when certain character crouches and you don't anticipate that, you will miss whereas the brawl one would hit. And believe it or not, I've heard several people say that angling tilts is somewhat difficult especially in the fast paced melee games...even the good ones.

Down Ftilt isn't just for edgeguarding.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so any suggestions for a bad *** UFtilt?
Dunno... I'd try to look into the LoZ games to find any source of inspiration stemming from his moves in boss battles, cut scenes, etc. One might find a nice Utilt out of there too.

An idea with some potential might be to give Ganon 3 different angled Ftilts with very different properties instead of the same tilt angled for pokes, spacing, and aerial trumping.
To use the light sword he was stabbed with from Twilight Princess would be simply amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oUxJNL69Q&feature=related

The charge at 0:20 - 0:30 may be a cool Utilt provided the sword is implemented.
Ike's low Ftilt with the light sword on ganon corresponding to his low Ftilt.
Endless possibilities.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
that zelda game was good, ganons fight have a Bad reputation of "fail fight" "easy mode final boss" "ganon is puny and mad easy to beat"

lol but, hey in that video he showed what ganon can do XD

*topic*

I hope all this new animation changes made to melee2.0 don't destroy what some melee characters were

maybe brawl characters can be used for new animations perhaps, but animtions from 64/melee/brawl maybe can be used for the melee characters, but take it easy on the changes tho

humble

Smash Ace
...no at sword ganon.

Uftilt could be antiair bash. Basically he swings his arm diagonally in front and above him in a swipe. Similar to his uppercut on up-B end, only don't have him spin, so he just swipes his arm in place.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The idea is to maintain old functionality with a mildly new coat of animation paint. The stomp would have similar hitboxes in similar places at similar times to the old low-Ftilt.

Which is to say, it'd hit low and in front of him on frames 9-11, end (?), with moderate BKB and KBG at a lower angle than Melee's mid-Ftilt. The vertical range on the mid-Ftilt would then be shrunk a bit.

humble

Smash Ace
By the way, I wanted to +1 keeping flame choke. Probably one of the best new moves in brawl, exploding someones face off into the ground with dark flames is too epic, not to mention its a great move for tech chasing. I can only imagine it better with wavedash for better tech chases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom