• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

camelot

Smash Ace
Foxes moveset is SICK. His only move thats not useful is his fair. But whatever, I couldn't see how it would effect much.

I'd give Mario his fair back IF Doc gets put in the game and has the old fair. KOBE!!!
What I've done now (since Doc isn't in the game) is make it so that the hitbox on the f-air is a Doc hit for the first 2 frames, then a regular hit (meteor) for the other 5.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
The thing is that most people use other textures in the color slots. Speaking for myself, I leave the main color alone, I only change it for a fixed version of itself, but on the other slots, I have textures that look better than any of the smash games(IMO).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I would try to make textures for all of the characters but I don't have a computer(:[ i'm on a PS3) And I don't know how to make textures. It would be cool if someone did...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
But that makes no sense. Everyone isn't going to want to play with the default colors. There's no real point of putting it in if only a few select colors are like melee.
Dudeman. I wouldn't worry about textures. Chillaxxxx.
-DD

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i still support not changing textures except for the team colors which are ambiguous. i think if people want the melee textures they should be released separately since some might like the brawl textures or might have some textures of there own.

(i want to start this by saying i am not asking for what i will write its just a thought that went through my head that i thought is kinda cool but i know it would take away from skill and wont be wanted.)
Ok so thinking about how u can map footstools to a button i was thinking it would be cool if u could wavedash with only using one button, it would be to easy i know but it also would be kind of fun.

TL?

Smash Ace
Ok so thinking about how u can map footstools to a button i was thinking it would be cool if u could wavedash with only using one button, it would be to easy i know but it also would be kind of fun.
I can't see that working well. The main problem is that wavedashing is a combination of actions(jump+airdodge) and one button WD is essentially a macro. Plus how would it know if you want to WD forward or backwards and how would it work with wavelanding?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> If any suggestion makes anything native to melee "easier" to do...then it probably won't happen. Just a good rule of thumb to keep out there.
-DD

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I can't see that working well. The main problem is that wavedashing is a combination of actions(jump+airdodge) and one button WD is essentially a macro. Plus how would it know if you want to WD forward or backwards and how would it work with wavelanding?
i figured u would still need to use the joy stick for the direction. it was just a thought i did not work out the details such as wavelanding

And to both TL? and DarkDragoon and anyone else who wants to comment on what i said i want to once again point out i am not asking for this change it was just a thought which i wanted to vocalize and that is all i know it would never be put in and i am not asking that it does.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
There's a good number of melee textures for brawl out there, but its mainly for the chars who actually have lousy textures in brawl.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
looks good so far :D
seriously tho, we need the old shine animation, because this looks just.. weird lol
would love to play mewtwo as well, as lucario just isn't cool enough.

jalued

Smash Lord
i thought it was DI related and a bi-product of very high friction, and possibly that a crouch has more friction than normal

here we go, quoting Magnus:

You Automatic-SDI by holding a direction on either the control stick or c-stick on the very last frame of hitlag, and it happens on the 1st frame of knockback and is combined with the movement from the hit... automatically, lol. If both sticks are being held the direction on the c-stick is used.

Think of Crouch Cancel as 2 words. Crouch + Cancel. Crouch is... crouching, as in the animation your character goes into when you hold down, and being in that state reduces the power of the knockback. Cancel is ASDIing down to instantly land instead of going upwards, and the landing animation cancels the stun.

You can Crouch needles/Fox's shines/Falco's lasers/spikes/meteors to get reduced launch speed and stun time, but they can't send you upwards until they knock you down and go into a tumble, so you can't Cancel them by instantly going into a regular landing by ASDIing down.

An opponent that is shieldbroken/in stun/missed a rest/in up-B lag/etc can't Crouch to get reduced launch power and stun time, but for hits that have a trajectory above horizontal they can still Cancel using downward ASDI to cause an instant landing on the 1st frame of knockback and the landing animation cancels the stun.

from : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6019525#post6019525

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
No.

Crouch canceling in melee was the result of 2 main factors.

1. Getting hit while crouching resulted in reduced KB (about half of the original KB)
2. If ASDI would send you farther DOWN than the first frame of knockback of the attack would send you UP (note, this has nothing to do with horizontal trajectory), then your character would remain grounded. Any vertical KB beyond that point would be ignored.

After that, all that was left to determine was whether or not a move would've sent you into tumble with that KB. If yes, you fall over in a ground collision. If not, you merely slide a little distance (this is where friction plays in) without being knocked over.

I'd imagine point number 2 is what makes this mechanic a ***** to code.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
I must say this project is turning out quite well, I just saw the trailer, and it is amazing, good job guys.

shanus

Smash Hero
nah, pits upB just needs more momentum on his upB to compensate higher gravity. Once grav values are finalized it'll be fixed up.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
they should have taunt cancels, since that could make for pretty dope surprise attacks....

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
@developers:

do intend to make items/turnips/bananas/nades harder to catch? I mean in melee you had to time it and you had to do it with the Z-button...in brawl you just do an aerial and you catch them.

maybe you could make it so that only airdodging with Z(or Z-air) will make you catch the item, this way one could still wavedash to pickup things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom