• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
No.
They're stupid.

*facepalm*
Yes, of course.
With all due respect to you and the other makers of Project: M, it was a simple question. That leaves you in no position to attack with a sarcastic comment considering the lack of entry animations in Melee.

Actually, I see this from you quite often. It's really quite bothersome when people act that way simply because they have a position of power. :ohwell:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think the hardest part about this is trying to make the game look like Melee. In Melee, the animation was so much more smoother and clear, but in Brawl, everything looks so huge and cartoony. Another thing that was mentioned earlier was that Melee's costumes are more saturated(IMO, this is exactly what makes Melee's costumes look better than Brawl's).

@Gamedominator: Can you show the FIXED costumes if you can?
Mario:
-Original:

-Fixed:

Luigi:
-Original:

-Fixed:

They have them for Bowser and Peach, but you get the point.

Also, not particularly a fix but...

OoT Link look > TP Link look

shanus

Smash Hero
If you give me .pcs for every character and costume, I *might* include it, but it's going to inflate the file size so much i don't know about it :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Just include it as an optional texture pack, like that b+ team texture pack thing.

But if you officially include it, make sure there's literally a .pcs (and .pac for those that need it) for every costume, not just the default ones

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah, if someone make's it I will, but it will have to be an optional download. The current set is already pushing 50 megs due to fitmotionetc.pac's, and will likely hit 100.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Awesome textures are awesome.

With all due respect to you and the other makers of Project: M, it was a simple question. That leaves you in no position to attack with a sarcastic comment considering the lack of entry animations in Melee.

Actually, I see this from you quite often. It's really quite bothersome when people act that way simply because they have a position of power. :ohwell:
=P I don't attack people. You're just silly.
=[ You're the one making a personal shot at me, I haven't done anything wrong~</3

t_t I just do things how I've always done them. Being in the WBR is barely a position of power, especially after only being in for a week. I was also part of P:M before I was WBR anyways. >:p
-DD

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I have never and will never be able to mash Luigi's DB for recovery.

The air from G&W's uair is going to remain, correct?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Every up b? D:

Whatever...at least its better than vbrawls reverse grabbing. :/
D: Yeah, read it over carefully and you can see that he may or may not have clearly meant every upB. He just used Ike as an example because reverse-grabbing with Ike was useful for edgeguard silliness.
-DD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
In melee or brawl? If you can't do it in brawl then your hands must be REALLY slow, no offense. If you can't do it in melee it's probably because you didn't charge it by doing it once on the ground. It's also extremely hard to get the full recovery from the down-b in melee.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Stingers, that looks cell shaded not melee style. >_>
Meh, I was just finding pictures that were color restorations (any of the Fixed stuff) or style restorations (OoT Link and WW Link). I do believe StackSmash has some Melee stuff, but when they moved their site, all of the picture links broke.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
http://stacksmash.kontek.net/?p=8205

Melee Peach and Bowser, but the pics are dead :p. Only the new stuff they posted after the site was moved stayed.

I do believe they have Melee Mario and Luigi (Mario being tan and good stuff).

http://stacksmash.kontek.net/?p=5176

Restored Melee trophy textures onto the Brawl characters.

Melee Fox: http://stacksmash.kontek.net/?p=5058

It's a shame the pictures are dead. You'd have to try these out one-by-one (sort of) to find out what they look like.

Melee Captain Falcon: http://stacksmash.kontek.net/?p=4605

**** it. There's already existing Melee-fied textures and the links are dead >:|

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
BTW I forgot to mention I was just talking about the TL one. The other ones look DEF. like melee.
Yeah, I just wanted to bring the others to attention just as a note that there are some existing ones (not that the DLC crew shouldn't work on this).

Melee Ness (moar dead pictures): http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/10/18/it-tyme-2-wavedash/

Melee Luigi: http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/golden-kirbs-brother-melee-luigi/

^These are working and pretty good. You'd have to choose between Fixed and this.

Melee Mario: http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/triple-update-reviving-mah-melee-characters/

^Also working.

Then there's the matter of making a Melee results screen. While there are two or so already available, I feel that they don't completely look like Melee.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the pics Gamedominator. The Melee costumes look MUCH better IMO.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I really want one of the characters to have their 64 Fair back, particularly any of them that had the drill kick (not Kirby's, but Mario's and Fox's). Was there any plans to replace Fox's flutterhush with that or do the primarily Melee physics already accompany his Brawl+ moveset?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Foxes moveset is SICK. His only move thats not useful is his fair. But whatever, I couldn't see how it would effect much.

I'd give Mario his fair back IF Doc gets put in the game and has the old fair. KOBE!!!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Foxes moveset is SICK. His only move thats not useful is his fair. But whatever, I couldn't see how it would effect much.

I'd give Mario his fair back IF Doc gets put in the game and has the old fair. KOBE!!!
True, considering you can do waveshine to USmash and the rest of his aerials are also great, I would have to agree. Also, they should give Mario his 64 Dair if they give him the 64 Fair so that he still has a spike.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
What is Project M's mission statement?
Project M aims to achieve rich, technical, and fast gameplay married to the new brawl engine to yield a balanced, competitive, and technical version of Brawl.
So, this isn't to say that you would like Brawl to become exactly like Melee? If so, what things are you planning on leaving out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom