• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
i cant wait for this to come out can i down load on what you guys have so far?
Can I hassle you to get a test version of this?
No, and if you do, I especially won't give you it lol. However, I do plan to expand beta testing soon and will be keeping an eye on this thread for intelligent posters.
Please read OP. We're waiting to achieve a certain standard of organic gameplay before we release anything.

kupo15

Smash Hero
If you wanted to make the kirby's swallow useful, then buff the kb of when he spits ppl out. It would help in teams and IIRC, kirbys was very powerful in melee.

As far as ganon, the utilt is just fine and awesome now. The hitbox is nice and big (which is should be) and if you kept the kb from melee, just the range boost is all the move needs.

Warlock punch is another taught..extremely useful move.

If there is one move that is the most useless in the game that would be ganon's side b. In melee, it sent UP and wasn't that strong...but luckily he doesn't have to worry about that here. A thought of mine was allowing ganon to side b ppl off the floor but that might be too good.

Something bad *** I just thought about for the side b, it would totally awesome if ganon choke carried people off the ledge (like he does now) but instead of suiciding, replace the suicide animation with like Falcon's side b so he punches them down....then he goes into free fall. To make this move useful, it would have to be a spike. The reasoning for this change is so that you can't get a 0% kill because if you think about it, its pretty unfair..not to mention that there really is no fear for ganon mains to side b back to the stage and "risk" a suicide. Its almost too safe in a way..too rewarding for really no risk. (Ganon mains don't mind trading stocks especially if they are at 180%) At least for kirby in melee, his suicide throw was escapable which unfortunately rendered two of his throws useless.

Just digressing

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If there is one move that is the most useless in the game that would be ganon's side b. In melee, it sent UP and wasn't that strong...but luckily he doesn't have to worry about that here. A thought of mine was allowing ganon to side b ppl off the floor but that might be too good.

Something bad *** I just thought about for the side b, it would totally awesome if ganon choke carried people off the ledge (like he does now) but instead of suiciding, replace the suicide animation with like Falcon's side b so he punches them down....then he goes into free fall. To make this move useful, it would have to be a spike. The reasoning for this change is so that you can't get a 0% kill because if you think about it, its pretty unfair..not to mention that there really is no fear for ganon mains to side b back to the stage and "risk" a suicide. Its almost too safe in a way..too rewarding for really no risk. (Ganon mains don't mind trading stocks especially if they are at 180%) At least for kirby in melee, his suicide throw was escapable which unfortunately rendered two of his throws useless.
On the note of Ganon Side+B I have a random idea to throw out. I think it'd be nice and intuitive if holding Side+B caused a punch, and tapping it normally did the choke.

Of course, there is the issue of fitting in new things into the limited selection of subactions, but if it can be done, it'd be pretty nifty. Naturally the punch could possibly be made strong enough to be of some use.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
people reaaalllyyy need to stop making suggestions. its getting annoying. the game isn't even close to that stage yet

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm actually alright with suggestions, people just need to realize since there are like 10 million suggestions and PMs a day, that 99.9% of them won't make it in. However, once in a while there is a golden egg for an idea we haven't thought of before or an approach for a programming option, etc.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
The Project's idea so far are neat, and after the HAD code is well done and all animations are changed, I personally would like to see all characters which had weird special landing animations and the ones that didn't even had one, do a wavedashed without looking weird

if you ever want to throw another trailer try showing some more characters and some more melee changes or new advance abilities on the game

like:

Bowser's Claw
Mario's Down B + Mashing to get momentum
Ness Yoyo Glitch
Wolf Making good uses of he's new shine (the vid only showed jabs) will love to see more of it
Diddy Kong A.GlideToss game and wavedash with nanner game

anyways, I haven't seen the streams... so I've lost what I prolly Asking here

but will be nice for another youtube video shows up in February 1st

Love the Project M and the team ownz :D

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Mario has his Brawl dair, so he might still have FLUDD. (I'd like to keep it)

Bowser doesn't have Klaw (yet). I hope we can do a ground variation of the Melee move but keep the Brawl air one.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
@developers:

do you intend to make items/turnips/bananas/nades harder to catch? I mean in melee you had to time it and you had to do it with the Z-button...in brawl you just do an aerial and you catch them.

maybe you could make it so that only airdodging with Z(or Z-air) will make you catch the item, this way one could still wavedash to pickup things
so can someone answer this:confused:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Like with B+, if Lucario is in, you'll have to lower the aura cap if he's going to use it more effectively.
Well, we start by using Brawl+ characters, so the cap is lowered already.

so can someone answer this:confused:
I don't think characters with ZAir can airdodge with Z, so probably not. Besides, if we make Diddy's bananas harder to catch, he gets a serious boost in power.

Mario has his Brawl dair, so he might still have FLUDD. (I'd like to keep it)

Bowser doesn't have Klaw (yet). I hope we can do a ground variation of the Melee move but keep the Brawl air one.
Hmm...

Klaw is coming back...

-DD

ValTroX

Smash Ace
So, now that we are allowed to make suggestion, I want Mario's F-Smash back please :) it was way better in melee. It was much faster, had different animation and less range. Also I would like him to keep the fludd, DownB was useless in melee, and he still keeps it as a better Dair in brawl. The best general thing I can suggest is slow getup on projectile hit, that would be awesome but I understand that it's really difficult to do.
Again, don't give Lucas DJC, as a Lucas main, I think it would cause a LOT of trouble probably making me suicide much more often.

shanus

Smash Hero
We didn't lower the cap in + for his aura, we never figured out how to as far as I know.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Oh, I almost forgot, when I was watching the live stream yesterday, I saw Marth AutoSS when he hit someone on stage, the latest B+ removed that on most characters(except Luigi and Peach) by making characters snap only during freefall

shanus

Smash Hero
Oh, I almost forgot, when I was watching the live stream yesterday, I saw Marth AutoSS when he hit someone on stage, the latest B+ removed that on most characters(except Luigi and Peach) by making characters snap only during freefall
No, they did it by disabling the ability to grab the edge during when the hitboxes were out. I told them to do that but forgot to do it myself

kupo15

Smash Hero
On the note of Ganon Side+B I have a random idea to throw out. I think it'd be nice and intuitive if holding Side+B caused a punch, and tapping it normally did the choke.

Of course, there is the issue of fitting in new things into the limited selection of subactions, but if it can be done, it'd be pretty nifty. Naturally the punch could possibly be made strong enough to be of some use.
Yea I was thinking about that..but the thing is, the suicide should have some sort of risk attached to it. Risk of trading stock is hardly considered a risk to ganon mains so it would still be used more than the other one. The only idea I had was allow the grabbed to escape and ganon killing himself like with melee kirby, but then there would be no reason not to assume that you will get suicided which would make the suicide useless.

Almas

Smash Lord
So, now that we are allowed to make suggestion, I want Mario's F-Smash back please :) it was way better in melee. It was much faster, had different animation and less range.
SHeLL in the top secret headquarters of project mystery said:
I did ~2.5 hours of work today on getting Mario's melee F-smash replicated. Right now I've fixed the animation so that he doesn't lean his hurtboxes into the hitbox area, and I've rigged up alternative hitboxes which I've got to pretty closely mirror Melee's.
Nanananananananana Sheeeell

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Will you be able to cancel the start of Fox and Falcos up b on the edge like in melee?

BTW you guys told me that yoshis parry in 64 is the equivalent to powershielding but its not.

shanus

Smash Hero
I kinda feel like lucario would be a DJC worthy character, however, if he did get that he definitely shouldn't have much higher increased killing power since he will definitely benefit a ton from it. Maybe an aura cap of like 140-150 instead of 130.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
They do, but they don't go through a get up animation first, they just pop into the standing animation, I believe. Much less useful.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yea I was thinking about that..but the thing is, the suicide should have some sort of risk attached to it. Risk of trading stock is hardly considered a risk to ganon mains so it would still be used more than the other one. The only idea I had was allow the grabbed to escape and ganon killing himself like with melee kirby, but then there would be no reason not to assume that you will get suicided which would make the suicide useless.
It's really not that potent, honestly. Unless it's been improved in B+/Project M. Because as of right now you need to make a sluggish and telegraphed attack that only attacks laterally near the edge in order to score a suicide. Honestly, you shouldn't get reliably suicided by Ganon unless you are being reckless trying to gimp him.

And some sort of security against being gimped is something Ganon has always needed, so I really see no need to nerf his suicide side+B.

shanus

Smash Hero
It's really not that potent, honestly. Unless it's been improved in B+/Project M. Because as of right now you need to make a sluggish and telegraphed attack that only attacks laterally near the edge in order to score a suicide. Honestly, you shouldn't get reliably suicided by Ganon unless you are being reckless trying to gimp him.

And some sort of security against being gimped is something Ganon has always needed, so I really see no need to nerf his suicide side+B.
Because of the momentum preservation code, it carries momentum in the air for side B for ganon. I suggest you youtube the old video against chibosempai called the skyride combo. If not, any ganondorf B+ combo vid will suffice lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yes! And jab forces get up too! =o
I hope this won't happen at any %. I really don't know how this mechanic works but I know that there is a range of where any weak hit do it...but it has to be weak...not like just jabs up until 999%
BTW you guys told me that yoshis parry in 64 is the equivalent to powershielding but its not.
How is it not? And I said perfect shielding (brawl)..not powershielding (melee) And yoshi's 64 parry is worse than melee's power shielding anyway so why would you want that?

Yea...its not as hard as you think like shanus said.

Ganon's recovery will already be buffed from Melee seeing how he can side b recover. The reason I suggest a slight nerf to his suicide is reasons:

1) Melee ganon was a beast and is now in High Tier (I think) Can you imagine giving Melee ganon a side b recovery and a suicide move? He really would border on the lines of OP.

2) The concept of an inescapable suicide move just isn't melee like. OHKO moves of this strength conceptually really is unfair...even for ganon. I know its totally awesome though.

3) Bowser is losing his suicide move...ganon should get his tweaked as well. (just a little tag on reason)

If you want to give back to ganon for this nerf, allow his side b to grab people on the ground ala 64

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
About the C.Falcon 64 Facon Punch... this would be epic if this just comes in!!! note that it will have the same good uses as 64 (for recovery yes, but the use to kill maybe will not be seen as much as in 64)

[[[Clone engine... plz... you must be done...]]] huh ?!??!?! you did not heard my thought!!!

but yeah... I want pichu... to join Project M... aswell as roy and Y.Link :(

Pichuuuuuu *drool*

but yeah... this will need to wait >.<

can't wait to see more of P:M!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm a Melee player, and Ganon having a side b recovery (e.g. his forward b could grab the ledge) would raise him up to High Tier at best. If you're getting hit by Ganon's sideb suicide, you need to get better. Lol.

jalued

Smash Lord
I hope this won't happen at any %. I really don't know how this mechanic works but I know that there is a range of where any weak hit do it...but it has to be weak...not like just jabs up until 999%
How is it not? And I said perfect shielding (brawl)..not powershielding (melee) And yoshi's 64 parry is worse than melee's power shielding anyway so why would you want that?

Yea...its not as hard as you think like shanus said.

Ganon's recovery will already be buffed from Melee seeing how he can side b recover. The reason I suggest a slight nerf to his suicide is reasons:

1) Melee ganon was a beast and is now in High Tier (I think) Can you imagine giving Melee ganon a side b recovery and a suicide move? He really would border on the lines of OP.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199342

2) The concept of an inescapable suicide move just isn't melee like. OHKO moves of this strength conceptually really is unfair...even for ganon. I know its totally awesome though.

if it was escapeable at low % then it wouldnt be a major buff... prob would be a hindrance :p

3) Bowser is losing his suicide move...ganon should get his tweaked as well. (just a little tag on reason)

and in return getting a very strong grab that works in the air, and also looks beast!

If you want to give back to ganon for this nerf, allow his side b to grab people on the ground ala 64

could possibly allow for infinites...

replies in red

Rudra

Smash Ace
I just had an idea, and its probably incredibly crazy...heck, I'm not sure about how do-able or practical this would be, but what about Edge-Canceling for certain special moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom