• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm a Melee player, and Ganon having a side b recovery (e.g. his forward b could grab the ledge) would raise him up to High Tier at best. If you're getting hit by Ganon's sideb suicide, you need to get better. Lol.
I'm a melee player as well. I'm pretty sure Ganon has or will recently move up the tiers. I also am not suggesting the ganon change because I sucked and didn't know how to avoid it when I used to play. I'm trying to think about it in the context of the game and I'm sorry but a stomp>suicided OHKO move doesn't seem balanced especially with all the power ganon is getting
replies in red
Yes, escaping the suicide makes the move worthless which is why I don't agree with it. But combining the momentum he gets from the move into the melee ganon spike (or even the choke slam on the the ground in the air) might be a good idea to balance the move out amongst the numberous buffs he's getting from being meleeified.

Just a thought. I really don't mind having an OP ganon. Its your choice

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The hitbox on aerial choke has no protection what-so-ever above or below ganon. All you have to do is call him out on using it and he loses a stock. And if he lands it.... he loses a stock.

As far as stomp>choke OHKO, now that he can't AC the stomp, it's a bit more difficult to pull off until significantly higher percents than in Brawl+, even directly by the ledge.

And if you've let ganon bring your fresh stock up to 50% without killing him and you get near the edge and he lands a dair... I dunno, it just doesn't seem all that unfair that he set up an elaborate suicide when he could just edgeguard you and possibly live at that percent anyways.

I can see your worries about an overall OP character, but we're not quite getting to that stage yet. We haven't legitmately tested anything in a near final environment as far as physics, KB, AD etc. go.

There's also the matter of the fact that I'm currently having trouble making the wizkick recovery go at 27.5 degrees rather than brawl's steeper 17.5 degrees. If I can't fix that then there certainly can't be any arguing about the strength of his recovery. Too many ifs.

Let's worry more about character balance when we have more of a context. As far as an individual move, at least, the choke is far from OP.

Edit: Also Boozer's melee klaw was leagues better than the current one, even buffed as it is in Brawl+. I'd take ****** my opponent with a Backwards-Klaw-Throw from ledge hop over (nearly impossible to land) suicide any day.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I like the idea of foward koopa klaw is the pop up, back koopa klaw is the throw, and up koopa klaw is the slam.

Boozers movesets not that good, this would make him a bit better.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Does anyone have a download of what's currently programmed in? I really want to play this over the weekend, and I'm sure people would like some feedback.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Does anyone have a download of what's currently programmed in? I really want to play this over the weekend, and I'm sure people would like some feedback.
Nope! The project is pre-alpha, so only the devs get it. We know what needs to be added, and will reach the alpha stages once they are finally added. Until then, balance is pointless and unachievable.

-DD

Ichinomiya

Smash Rookie
Wow. Finally something good has come around. I love brawl as much as the next person, but I've missed the Melee ways. I actually had this idea a while back, but had no idea how to get started. Glad to see someone else decided to start this project. Keep up the good work guys and if it's not too much trouble try to keep us updated.

Also I don't know much about PSA but I do know a bit about coding, and if I don't know what's needed I learn...fast. So if you're looking for information or codes on a specific...thing (sorry I'm blank right now) let me know and I'll see if I can come up with what you're looking for. Hope I can be of assistance. Want this thing on full release in the next year if possible ^^v

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wow. Finally something good has come around. I love brawl as much as the next person, but I've missed the Melee ways. I actually had this idea a while back, but had no idea how to get started. Glad to see someone else decided to start this project. Keep up the good work guys and if it's not too much trouble try to keep us updated.

Also I don't know much about PSA but I do know a bit about coding, and if I don't know what's needed I learn...fast. So if you're looking for information or codes on a specific...thing (sorry I'm blank right now) let me know and I'll see if I can come up with what you're looking for. Hope I can be of assistance. Want this thing on full release in the next year if possible ^^v
The code you need to know seems to be mostly Hex.
xD So yeah...any hex workers out there?
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
Actually, most of our code is PSA-esque that we then do a simple little statement to launch into fighter.pac

If you ASM though and have a USB Gecko, that would be useful.

Ichinomiya

Smash Rookie
Wow. That is pretty simple. Good thing. Hex gives me a headache although I can do it xD

As for ASM. I toyed around with a bit. Never got really into it though. Online tutorials are abundant though.

USB Gecko. Don't have one at the moment. Can probably get ahold of one once I get my money back. No idea when that will be....

Doesn't seem like I can be of much help at the moment. Sorry ^^;

camelot

Smash Ace
I kinda feel like lucario would be a DJC worthy character, however, if he did get that he definitely shouldn't have much higher increased killing power since he will definitely benefit a ton from it. Maybe an aura cap of like 140-150 instead of 130.
I'm a bit iffy on DJC for Lucario. It would mostly feel like we're giving it to him only because Mewtwo had it, but the two characters are nothing alike... except for neutral-b and physics, which are the only reasons why people compare the two. Plus, Lucario doesn't have a "special" double jump like Ness, Lucas, Peach, or Yoshi.

Not to mention, everyone could benefit from DJC, with the way it's implemented now.

Lowering the aura cap I definitely agree with, though.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Nope! The project is pre-alpha, so only the devs get it. We know what needs to be added, and will reach the alpha stages once they are finally added. Until then, balance is pointless and unachievable.

-DD
Download please.

I'm going to be the most absolutely annoying pest until you hook me up with the current codeset so I can try this out saturday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm a melee player as well. I'm pretty sure Ganon has or will recently move up the tiers. I also am not suggesting the ganon change because I sucked and didn't know how to avoid it when I used to play. I'm trying to think about it in the context of the game and I'm sorry but a stomp>suicided OHKO move doesn't seem balanced especially with all the power ganon is getting
DI the stomp toward the stage. Choke suicide avoided.
I seriously doubt Ganon will go up in tiers. If he does, then that's another reason to not listen to the MBR. LOL

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Acting like a 3-year-old will get you nowhere fast.
=[ I was going to give him a download for Brawl+...

Anyways~

I don't like the idea of DJC on Lucario either. Hes fine with his UpB cancels and stuff, and can kinda Psuedo-DJC with DAir anyways.

-DD

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ignored on my birthday.....ouch. I only wanted to know about jiggz and how a meleefied MK works. And will Pit get his god**** UpB back after he is hit and what other changes are being made to him?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Jiggs will probably work like she worked on melee...MK will have a lot of pressure probably, though I think he's not made for melee psysics and Pit already gets his UpB after getting hit in B+ I think( I don't play him much)

shanus

Smash Hero
ignored on my birthday.....ouch. I only wanted to know about jiggz and how a meleefied MK works. And will Pit get his god**** UpB back after he is hit and what other changes are being made to him?
Yes he does get his jump back, old change. UpB also can be canceled into an AD allowing for wingdash wavedashes

Jiggs meleefied already happened, its not that big in terms of adjustments for her aside from some hitbox alterations and timings

MK hasnt had much work done to him yet, however, we have upped his gravity considerably with scaling his multijumps less so he can't actually air plank dairs all the time. He plays fast, it's very fun. Also looking at a change which removes IDC and makes it so his downB can be cancelled into the slash at any point while invisible.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ah thanks. what will become of MK's UpB? can he still camp edges? Also will his neut-B remain the same in terms of priority?

as for pit. any changes on his side-B? and will he ever be able to SH arrow the way fox/falco can?

I think any flying character should gain "FLC" or "flight ledge canceling" Basically you cancel off platforms the way fox/falco do with their phantom. So you could fly, FLC-Bair with charzard for example. I imagine it would be very cool and useful.

I gotta ask...,will Wario still be the most fun character?(lol) Will he get his motorcycle still or a SWD off the bike? I Assume everyone who wasn't on melee is getting an orginal AT? Also what of returning AT's like SWD with Samus....I NEED TO KNOW!!!!! Then I won't bother you anymore. XD

shanus

Smash Hero
Thats called ledge (or edge) canceling, its in B+ and this and melee.

I think if you watch the video you will get more hints towards the rest of your questions....

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
cool vid. wish it was longer but I have seen the light, been to the mountain top. Heard a great voice from the heavens speak to me. it said project M *****! lol@ Ikes cancel. Mindgames anyone? Haha. I subscribed so please feed my new addiction with more footage in the immediate future :p.

shanus

Smash Hero
You can't say don't add Lucas DJC because it'll mess you up. It's fairly simple to hold the jump button with our code to NOT enter the DJC.

Multiple people have said how well it augments his gameplay (I eat my words when i said it didn't)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I spy with my little eye....
Some Lucas mains that haven't played P:M!
:3 Its easily removed fellas, if it doesn't work out, its gone.
-DD

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Question... plz do not ignore this post or I'll repost it XD

In brawl some attacks did not had what we call ALOT landing lag, and they were so called SAFE moves since they didn't had that much lag

now here is the question:

Q: Will attacks that didn't had that much landing lag will have some additional landing lag?
A:

Suugestion: give them some more frames of lag (like +10, aka wavedash landing lag) and by not L canceling them they will not be safe without L Cancelling but canceling them will be... maybe... less lag than brawl, but obiously will never instant Cancel with L-Canceling

idk if you got the idea... but, some moves/characters will be obsolutely faster than melee thanks to the Brawl's Landing Lag

--- C. Falcon in melee had all moves punishable in Melee if not L Cancelled, I see him played hella safer than melee if no Landing Lag is added to he's game

Edit:

A Djc Zair seems pretty useful to me...

you mean to lucas???

he can actually Directional AD to cancel he's jump and be able to Zair out of it, all Zair characters can actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom