• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Didn't start it, just perfected it. ;)

Man, our secret character is pretty awesome. I can't wait until we polish 'em up.

Ecks

Smash Lord
"polish 'em up" you say?

Is it an individual character or not? I don't know anymore.

Edit: Still, it's good to know that progress is going smoothly.
:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Finally saw the new pit build...on the saved stream JC posted a lil ways back. FINALLY got to see it. Overall I was impressed i think the general Idea of Pit is moving in the right direction he's just not finished yet. he kills people at brawl %'s and such. His Side-B ***** his UpB I have no idea what to think of it at all tbh. his uptilt seems effective at times but stupid other times......idk what to think about it. All in all he's moving in the right direction. His Bair is his only good move but right now it seems hard for him to set them up. She's Dthrow Fair ***** people. What if Pit got a nice Dthrow Bair set up? just a suggestion...idk anyone else got any serious suggestions?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's a good chance Pit's up-B will end up being something entirely different. He's one of those "very much work in progress" characters, so don't take anything you see as set in stone.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So, how's work on the cpus going?*wink*
If you guys are really working on making them not just more adapted to PM, but "smarter" as well... I'd like to see the end result. Maybe feature them in a stream sometime - assuming that they're actually being reworked enough that it would be obvious. Just curious.
hmm... 256 posts

shanus

Smash Hero
CPU progress has been nill. Magus, jiang, shell and I have been doing a bunch of character work lately.

shanus

Smash Hero
like, different character work or everyone is working with just one character? Has shell implemented that Mario FSmash he talked about a while back? I would really like to see that :)
All on the same character.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey, for Pit's Up-B how about something similar to Dolphin Slash, no invincibility, with the strong hit at the end?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Naa the question mark is Masterhand obviously.
The best melee veteran of all.
LOL MH doesn't have a chance if they didn't prevent freezes like he did in Melee.

How about Pit's Up B be something like Pit pulling out his angel ring and raises his hand above him and the propulsion from the angel ring is what gives him upwards momentum?
Might as well use that External Graphic Effect for something.
Hitboxes could be like a mix of his Old Forward B and Tink's spin attack.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
LOL MH doesn't have a chance if they didn't prevent freezes like he did in Melee.

How about Pit's Up B be something like Pit pulling out his angel ring and raises his hand above him and the propulsion from the angel ring is what gives him upwards momentum?
Lol... You jusr reiterated an idea I posted in smashmods forums, XD.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Hey, for Pit's Up-B how about something similar to Dolphin Slash, no invincibility, with the strong hit at the end?
Its not a bad idea but then you'll have the anti-clone crowd to deal with.

This this could be a good UpB from the way it sounds.

Just give pit shuttle loop lol

What the hell is shuttle loop?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Looking forward to your secret character. For some reason I think its Mewtwo. I don't know why. Regardless, I have faith in the team.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
So, I got 2nd at the PM demo tourney in Athens over the weekend. I'm still learning a bunch of stuff (and am bad) though. Used Mario, Falco, Sheik, Link, and Falcon.

I'll try to get some vids up, but I start work this week.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Project M :

1. Sil (L in WF [2-3], W in GF 1 [3-2], L in GF 2 [2-3])
2. Juu
3. Blue Rogue [W 2-0 LF]
4. Links24 [W 2-1 WSF]
5. blade
5. Smile
7. Jiffy
7. Kregins
9. Solecalibur
9. Raph Cecil
9. fatty
9. Blindman
13. Hunky
----

Just a $1 event and I can't beat Marth urgh. Ironically, I came back from a 2-0 deficit and then lost a 2-0 lead in both sets of GF. I also won once or twice with Zelda.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe Captain Falcon's Falcon Dive is getting the change to its startup where it works like in Melee. Lucas is getting a fix to his air dodge cancel into specials (aka, you won't be able to do that anymore) and Marth is getting a fix to his Up B so that he doesn't do that weird slide across the stage when trying to reach the ledge.

Might be a few other things, but I do remember these.

jalued

Smash Lord
I believe Captain Falcon's Falcon Dive is getting the change to its startup where it works like in Melee. Lucas is getting a fix to his air dodge cancel into specials (aka, you won't be able to do that anymore) and Marth is getting a fix to his Up B so that he doesn't do that weird slide across the stage when trying to reach the ledge.

Might be a few other things, but I do remember these.
momentum fixes on fox and falco's up and side B's

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
momentum fixes on fox and falco's up and side B's
I felt some weirdness that I could not pinpoint between Melee Fox and P:M Fox. Might be that.

Also, in the DEMO, the Shine range is making me sad. I don't know why, but I can't make it hit consistently. I thought about range first, but might be other things.

Obviously, Landing Detection plays a huge role on that 'weirdness', but I think there might be more differences between the two versions of Fox.

Any of the P:M developers mains Fox?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Project M :

1. Sil (L in WF [2-3], W in GF 1 [3-2], L in GF 2 [2-3])
2. Juu
3. Blue Rogue [W 2-0 LF]
4. Links24 [W 2-1 WSF]
5. blade
5. Smile
7. Jiffy
7. Kregins
9. Solecalibur
9. Raph Cecil
9. fatty
9. Blindman
13. Hunky
----

Just a $1 event and I can't beat Marth urgh. Ironically, I came back from a 2-0 deficit and then lost a 2-0 lead in both sets of GF. I also won once or twice with Zelda.

Were any of these matches saved and/or recorded? Could you say what characters they used?

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
It was also mentioned somewhere that in the patch Sonic's nair hitbox will actually match the animation (i.e. it will get larger).

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sil - Fox, Marth, Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, Falcon.
Blue Rouge - Fox, Sonic.
Links - Link.
Me - Falco, Marth, Mario, Sheik, Zelda, Lucas, Falcon, GnW, Link.

I know I have most of GF, one of LSF, some of WF and some of LF.

We were pretty sporadic with saving them.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Also, in the DEMO, the Shine range is making me sad. I don't know why, but I can't make it hit consistently. I thought about range first, but might be other things.
Shine's range is 100% identical to Melee. There isn't even an animation that could potentially screw it up. The only thing that could be throwing you off is the different character model.

Sil - Fox, Marth, Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, Falcon.
Blue Rouge - Fox, Sonic.
Links - Link.
Me - Falco, Marth, Mario, Sheik, Zelda, Lucas, Falcon, GnW, Link.

I know I have most of GF, one of LSF, some of WF and some of LF.

We were pretty sporadic with saving them.

Looking forward to that :bee: Sil's a good buddy of mine.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I felt some weirdness that I could not pinpoint between Melee Fox and P:M Fox. Might be that.

Obviously, Landing Detection plays a huge role on that 'weirdness', but I think there might be more differences between the two versions of Fox.

Any of the P:M developers mains Fox?
I agree with you on this one. Fox just feels a little off to me.
It's probably because of landing detection, but I think the animation of the shine can be really deceiving. That and it seems like alot of moves that didn't out-prioritzie Fox's in melee do in PM. But save for a few odd little things like the shine just not hitting people he's pretty much there.

@ Sneak I never said he didn't closely resemble melee hence in my own words "he's pretty much there"
And maybe so, it might just be animation or the new graphics throwing me off. But reguardless I could attempt to get a video of the weird phantom shines I come across every now and then.
I also think a big agitator for me it trying to edgehog characters like falcon (just as an example) in PM can be alot trickier because his up-b snags you much easier. (plus fox's d-tilt no longer overpowers Falcon's raptor boost) It's the little things that bother me the most.
(As I have admitted before I am thrown off terribly just by the miniscule lag of a HDTV, much less little nuances in actual gameplay)
But I understand they ripped just about everything from melee, so it IS probably just me, reguardless I figured I would express my opinion is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom