• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Have in mind, that the numbers do not start from 0, but from 50.

it's not the difference between the two numbers. From a total advantage of 50, 25 is only the half of the total possible advantage. It's not like match percentage.

You have a total of 50 of possible advantage starting from even.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
it can be done but i don't feel like trying to do it. This project wasn't made for people to run like ******s.....if so we'd have just kept playing brawl >_>.

there are characters much slower than Ganon anyways. Not sure they will be able to catch him. Not to mention when players start Pink Shinobi'ing it with other characters it could become a very ghey stage.

Whatever edits people make to this game, there will always be stalling. People will find a way. They've managed to find a way to do it in every fighting game to date; you yourself pointed this out (Pink Shinobi). Accept that its part of the game, move on, find a way to beat it.

The only time a stalling limit/ban should be considered (whether it is related to the game engine (i.e. planking) or the design of stages) is if it is nigh impossible to stop.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Have in mind, that the numbers do not start from 0, but from 50.

it's not the difference between the two numbers. From a total advantage of 50, 25 is only the half of the total possible advantage. It's not like match percentage.

You have a total of 50 of possible advantage starting from even.
I know how mus work. 70-30 and worse is considered a hard counter.

Ecks

Smash Lord
What's so different from the Plus and the P:M version?
Well hate isn't really the word, but I don't like it. Anyway, I can't post a pic right now but Temple:M is smaller, and it doesn't have that passable (impassable in the plus version, but still there) platform that leads down to the **** room.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
The zelda vs falco thing tho... if your getting grabbed by zelda when you have a gun and a shine, you deserve 70% to be honest. Either way you can still get cged by zelda as falco in melee iirc.

:phone:

crush

Smash Master
wondering if anyone knows about how sheik can regain her double jumps and recover from anywhere as long as she is on a wall (its insane on hc64's wall) via clinging + double jumping + wall jumping + di'ing back into the wall + clinging + repeat. also in the patch is there still no lag from doing a regular jump from the ledge?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Zelda cgs falco in melee with uthrow..... either way cgs are easily escapable especially in pm. What I do in melee is di slightly behind to where they can't tell if im in front or behind them and if they hesitate for a split second I shine them out of the cg. If they don't cg like m2k perfect I always shine out of it.

And for whoever asked im in greensboro nc

The zelda vs falco thing tho... if your getting grabbed by zelda when you have a gun and a shine, you deserve 70% to be honest. Either way you can still get cged by zelda as falco in melee iirc.

When's the next time you'll be in MD/VA? I wanna see you play Bandit so I can make $$$ sidebetting against you :awesome:

Nah but seriously, Zelda's grab range is quite a bit better than it was in Melee (to make up for it being so slow, it's a good change), plus there are now Brawl pivot grabs. This makes it easier both to get the initial grab and to continue the CG. I do all the things you mentioned which is why I could escape it before 70 sometimes, but if Zelda does it right, you WILL eat 70% and you WILL get lightning kicked at the end.

But (and listen up kids because this is important), that is perfectly fine. Falco has the tools to make him one of the hardest to grab characters in the game, and on any stage other than FD the matchup really isn't that bad at all.

Edit: I found the matches that sparked this conversation if anyone is interested. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14084613 beginning at 32:00. First TH vs Bandit, then me vs Bandit, both Falco vs Zelda on FD.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
quick question

What code/file makes the loader for gecko work through stage builder? do I just move boot.elf to the root of the SD card? and will custom music work this way? I got rid of HBC..

thanks in advance =D
Can someone answer? I know this thread moves fast but it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds for someone with some "tech skill"
sorry about that one
to answer.. Thank youss :bee:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
If you used the installer and put it at the root, everything should be in the right place. Otherwise, I'd suggest going to the chat for installation help. I beleive you can find a link to the IRC on the second post by Strong_bad. I can,t currently help you because i'm at work, but I'm sure someone else can.

Everything should work like normal homebrews, so musics go in the strm folder.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ganondorf is slow but his attacks covers like 3/4 of the stage.

Sonic can have a hard time against Ganon if he doesn't fall in Sonic's baits often.
Whatever edits people make to this game, there will always be stalling. People will find a way. They've managed to find a way to do it in every fighting game to date; you yourself pointed this out (Pink Shinobi). Accept that its part of the game, move on, find a way to beat it.

The only time a stalling limit/ban should be considered (whether it is related to the game engine (i.e. planking) or the design of stages) is if it is nigh impossible to stop.
well as for timing out on that stage i'd say stage design and character design play a role.

if all but 3 or 4 characters can avoid getting timed out you can deem it fair. However it'll always be gay for those 3 or 4 characters but I won't be using them so I don't care. Personally I think there are enough very good stages to do away with 1 sided counter picks all together. I think the reason why Armada was about to rewrite the book on Peach is because under the rules over there they play on the neutrals only. No Brinstar, Mute City(was a CP for awhile), and no Kongo 64 to rely on for an auto counterpick win. There are like...10+ neutral stages some slightly favoring 1 or another type of character but is overall pretty neutral. I see no reason why we can't just pick or counter-pick among them.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I like this idea actually... forgot how long the charge takes. Startup that counters and a charge after. Maybe if someone activates the counter, the charge should be instant? That would promote a more aggressive play style if you're actually looking to bait your opponent into hitting you for a quick power boost. But if you try to charge without getting hit, you better hope you're far away enough that your long charge time isn't punished. An interesting dynamic perhaps. Hope those devs are listening, lol.

Counter giving you 1 charge would be nice.
And IIRC 3 charges give you max aura, attacking reduces it, I don't think it's time based, but maybe it is, the PMBR can tell us.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Nope, I've mained Green Samus since SSB64. P:M Demo is the first smash game where I don't have access to Samus, and I'm slightly sad. On the plus side, it makes me play more characters...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Just to announce, I'm streaming a live show, Backlash Gaming, this Saturday where we will be discussing various gaming news, including Project M coverage. It should be Saturday evening. I will post more regarding this.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Nope, I've mained Green Samus since SSB64. P:M Demo is the first smash game where I don't have access to Samus, and I'm slightly sad. On the plus side, it makes me play more characters...
Original Metroid had Justin Bailey Samus with green hair. Played that "Green Samus" far before any smash game. Beat that :p

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
I created Makoto Kano and Hiroki Kiyotake in my image and placed them in this world to do their thang.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
wondering if anyone knows about how sheik can regain her double jumps and recover from anywhere as long as she is on a wall (its insane on hc64's wall) via clinging + double jumping + wall jumping + di'ing back into the wall + clinging + repeat. also in the patch is there still no lag from doing a regular jump from the ledge?
I was the first one to facepalm at people confusing air control with DI....

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I was the first one to facepalm at people confusing air control with DI....
Well, technically, since DI=Direction Influence, holding the stick towards the wall is influencing the direction in which you travel/fall, thus it's still not incorrect.

And WTF has this thread become just now... <_<

Ecks

Smash Lord
^You haven't been following this thread much have you. This is nothing.

Edit: Rikana wins the argument.
inb4icreatedsex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom