• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Here's how I see it... The more delay, the closer the update will bring the mechanics to the end result :p.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
im gonna go out on a limb and say the next blogpost is gonna be twelve days from the last one.

If you havent noticed, every blogpost has been 12 days aapart from each other. If shanus decides to post on up in like the next couple of days, I will be a very happy man.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I have a quick question about the stage roster. Is there any chance you are going to add the other, less competitive, melee and 64 stages in the final version? I was wondering because M22K has made some other pretty smexy classic stages that I would definitely rather have than something like 75m or Flat Zone 2. I heard you guys were putting in Hyrule Castle 64, but what of some of the other stages? Like Kongo Jungle, Venom, Mushroom Kingdom I or II, or any of the other 64 stages not present in the demo. I know some of them suck competitively, but they are classics :p

D

Deleted member

>put hc64 into p:m
>add code that prevents wallteching and trajectory DI, but only on hc64
>mfw
>stylin on brawl 64
Do you know what the results of that end product would be?

I doubt it'd be constructive to PM or adherent to the nature of Melee's gameplay style.

I'd think it would also skew a lot of match ups characterwise on that stage, burn a counter pick ban, create infinites and combos that are way too guaranteed or easy to perform.

I mean, I like Hyrule Castle, but I could never see it being a stage that promotes healthy gameplay in Melee.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
you guys should try playing on it with melee physics before knocking it... its no worse of a cp than ps1 is. You can't be infinited there and you can wall tech anything that resembles an n64 combo also

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you guys should try playing on it with melee physics before knocking it... its no worse of a cp than ps1 is. You can't be infinited there and you can wall tech anything that resembles an n64 combo also
The stage seems perfect for camping and time outs....just my opinon. Difference between playing a stage in friendlies and playing for money. I MM'd on it and already I've been timed out and PM isn't even finished yet.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
If you want to keep both the counter and the charge, it would be a lot better to make it so the startup is the counter, not a vulnerable startup and counter-charge, it would be too slow to be used as a counter with your idea, people could just react and grab.
I like this idea actually... forgot how long the charge takes. Startup that counters and a charge after. Maybe if someone activates the counter, the charge should be instant? That would promote a more aggressive play style if you're actually looking to bait your opponent into hitting you for a quick power boost. But if you try to charge without getting hit, you better hope you're far away enough that your long charge time isn't punished. An interesting dynamic perhaps. Hope those devs are listening, lol.

However, there's still some aspects of aura charge that should be considered. How powerful does it make Lucario? Is one charge the equivalent of suddenly having 180% brawl damage, or does it take multiple stacking charges to get there, or is it just one charge with one power level lower than the brawl 180. Also, how long does the power last and by what mechanism does it end? I know we dont want Lucario running away at high damage to keep his charge if it lasts until he dies or have the opponent running away waiting for the charge to run out from a timer. Maybe if Lucario's charge only lasted for a set number of moves, and that number could be increased with damage dealt or decreased with damage taken. Don't know if that's possible to do or if it would even fix anything, but it certainly sounds as if it would discourage camping from either player. Personally, a little camping doesn't bother me - it wont be brawl-like at least. In any case, aura charge should be made to encourage its use in PM.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The stage seems perfect for camping and time outs....just my opinon. Difference between playing a stage in friendlies and playing for money. I MM'd on it and already I've been timed out and PM isn't even finished yet.
If players are able to create stalling situations on the stage in singles, it could be removed just from that and kept as a CP in doubles.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I think that it is a stage in a Smash game and if you try hard enough you will find a way to time people out. It's Smash. Stalling just happens, like sunsets and erections in locker rooms.

leelue

Smash Lord
I just spent two hours looking for good project M videos. They're about as rare as any ex wife of mine that I haven't beaten yet.

Hey, in my defense, I told her that I wanted it medium rare. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ehhh I'm really skeptical about HC64. You may not be able to circle camp or infinite against walls but hiding below the walls, especially on the side with the **** tent, is a ridiculously strong position and can be near unapproachable in some matchups. I think at best it could be a teams CP.

I just spent two hours looking for good project M videos. They're about as rare as any ex wife of mine that I haven't beaten yet.

Hey, in my defense, I told her that I wanted it medium rare. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?
As has been previously mentioned, replays are currently broken. That makes it really difficult to get videos. Most of us have been recording our livestreams though, but they usually won't end up on youtube. Mine can be found here. Just keep in mind that some of the characters being used are very much works-in-progress.

Of course the benefit of recording livestreams is that they come with commentary. Later in the night on Saturday we tried doing some serious commentary (Thunderhorse is especially good) so I may try to cut those out and put them on youtube eventually.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Ehhh I'm really skeptical about HC64. You may not be able to circle camp or infinite against walls but hiding below the walls, especially on the side with the **** tent, is a ridiculously strong position and can be near unapproachable in some matchups. I think at best it could be a teams CP.
Are you just really bad at approaching from above or something?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I think that as technology in hacking improves it might be worth looking into to change a few things about HC64, such as making the **** tent destructable like the statues in Castle Siege.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I also think HC64 is too big and should be scaled down a lot. I realize it was big in 64 but I don't think that's any reason to keep it's positronimatrically huge size.

leelue

Smash Lord
Thanks Jcaesar. I needed to know that other people can play this game...

Also, zelda chain grabs on falco make me sad. I don't play falco, I just think those types of things are... degenerate.

And thunderhorse needs to learn to recover with sonic =D

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm personally just biding my time, waiting for all the codes to be finished for Project M.

Then I can steal all their coders :D

Also, my USB Gecko STILL isn't here. It's been 3 weeks. :/

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm personally just biding my time, waiting for all the codes to be finished for Project M.

Then I can steal all their coders :D

Also, my USB Gecko STILL isn't here. It's been 3 weeks. :/
Good luck with that.

Also, zelda chain grabs on falco make me sad. I don't play falco, I just think those types of things are... degenerate.

Rememebr any nontumble CGs or repeated hits will be DIable in the patch. No non-tumble DI in the demo version does make certain things like sheik's ftilt, etc, very difficult for spacies, etc.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
shanus I'm pretty sure he's talking about a couple matches we had this past weekend on our livestream. TH and I vs Bandit's Zelda. Zelda has quite an effective CG on Falco.

I don't really mind Zelda's CG on Falco. Falco is a character who is so good in general that he needs weaknesses like that. And it doesn't break the matchup imo. Granted Thunderhorse and I both got 2 stocked by Bandit's on FD back to back. TH kinda got ***** by the CGs because most of the time he would just DI straight to the edge and get kicked at 50. I stayed toward the middle of the stage and escaped a few times just by mixing up my DI, and even if Bandit read me correctly, I could escape around 70. But I don't have TH's tech skill so when I go on offense I can't **** like he does with Falco. So we both got 2 stocked. But I think if you play the matchup right it's definitely not unwinnable even on FD, and on other stages it's much closer to even. And again, there's no question that Falco is an insanely good character, so I think it's perfectly healthy to have a bad matchup like this (Pikachu also ***** Falco btw). Besides, in tournament a smart Falco player will probably ban FD in that matchup anyway.

Do you think you could post a link to that video and the timestamp for when those matches start? I would but I'm at work and my internet is slow and spotty.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The only thing I hope is that not too many chars become anti-spacies. I kind of don,t want him becoming Bottom tier just because everyone gets anti-spacies manoeuvres. But I guess they wouldn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom