• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Oh, I thought the only problem with ICs was Nana's AI. Thanks for explaining.

And Damn, Olimar is going to be hell to work with.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
If tripping could be made an attribute of an attack, it would probably fit really well into like a 50% chance on luigi or wario's moves.

Silly characters deserve silly attributes.

Edit: well not all their moves obv.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If the team could do it, they'd probably make it so nothing but Diddy's Naners trip :V

Remember, this is supposed to appeal to the trip-less Melee players.

shanus

Smash Hero
Wait tripping isn't an attribute of an attack? That seems really dumb....
The tripping attribute of an attack exists, but on top of that, moves which do not leave the ground (aka hitstun action 43) have a supplemental 11% chance to trip.

leelue

Smash Lord
Lol we said this like a page ago, slashy

Glad to know that it's bug fixes that are keeping me from more M, as opposed to random ****.

A few pages back, a lucario charge move was discussed. I know that it isn't set in stone, but what was the move's function?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It was Swords Dance or something. Didn't it buff Lucario's damage/knockback or something?

tbh I'd prefer just making his Counter usable.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Is there anything specific you guys are waiting for till you release the patch?
Fixing bugs brought by the new discoveries I guess, but if they discover something new, then they have to fix new bugs.
That's what I think at least.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
It seems like they want it to be a "final version"(in terms of physics/mechanics) but only with the demo's finished characters.

Im just curious whats left to fix on their check-list before they're willing to release the patch.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
I think at this point, you guys should just release a new demo (maybe more characters?) with the patch.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I discussed a long while ago some ideas for Lucario's "aura charge". I won't go into detail, but basically that Lucario's charge could also counter, or be dependent on a counter to get the desired charge. Again, I went into a lot more detail several pages ago. In fact, it was around when the thread was closed due to flaming... so maybe it got overlooked :/.

Guess I'll link just a couple of my many posts in regards to this...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11809293&postcount=21563
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11809535&postcount=21581
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11809591&postcount=21595

I left out entire pages and instead just linked single posts, both for convenience and to avoid linking unrelated posts, some of which contributed to the thread closing...

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
they have said a billion times there will be no new chars lol
lol I don't think you understood my post. I know they won't include new characters in the patch but I think at this point, PMBR should just scrap the idea of releasing the patch by itself and continue working on the characters even if the patch is done so that the PMBR can release another demo that has new characters AND the patch that makes the game more like Melee.

iLink

Smash Champion
I actually wouldn't care if the counter is gone. I'm not a huge fan of how Lucario's aura boost works in vbrawl and really want to try out how they have it set up right now.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I discussed a long while ago some ideas for Lucario's "aura charge". I won't go into detail, but basically that Lucario's charge could also counter, or be dependent on a counter to get the desired charge. Again, I went into a lot more detail several pages ago. In fact, it was around when the thread was closed due to flaming... so maybe it got overlooked :/.
If you want to keep both the counter and the charge, it would be a lot better to make it so the startup is the counter, not a vulnerable startup and counter-charge, it would be too slow to be used as a counter with your idea, people could just react and grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom