• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Even without landing detection fox felt the most melee like next to marth in the demo so idk what you guys are talking about. I've had vids of my demo fox moving just as well in P:M if not better than it does in melee. There is nothing wrong with that shine

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
That and it seems like alot of moves that didn't out-prioritzie Fox's in melee do in PM. But save for a few odd little things like the shine just not hitting people he's pretty much there.
True. Up-Smash has been deceiving me a lot. It had a lot of invecibility frames in Melee, and had some range at the back too. I'm not feeling this at the DEMO.

This might all me due to DI and Landing Detection, that's the reason I'm waiting till the patch to write something big about the character.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
True. Up-Smash has been deceiving me a lot. It had a lot of invecibility frames in Melee, and had some range at the back too. I'm not feeling this at the DEMO.

This might all me due to DI and Landing Detection, that's the reason I'm waiting till the patch to write something big about the character.
WTF?!?! foxes upsmash is like the best smash in the demo period... there's definitely just something wrong with you

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
WTF?!?! foxes upsmash is like the best smash in the demo period... there's definitely just something wrong with you
Well, you obviously is much more used to the DEMO than I am. I'm not saying that the Up-Smash is bad, I'm saying that I'm being deceived by it. It doesn't behave fully like Melee, or if it does, Brawl's engine might be throwing me off a little.

I've been switching back and forth between Melee and P:M on the same afternoon, to try and pinpoint specific differences. For example, Captain Falcon is a lot better in P:M, really, even without many changes, playing him at P:M is tons more satisfying than it is on Melee, and I'm not even counting the new recovery option.

Brawl's engine has little, very microscopic things that, when added up, change the feel of the characters, and Fox, even being godly good, doesn't feel good to play, not as in Melee.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's the Brawl Fox model. Trust me.

Also your last sentence was addressed already, in the form of the patch, which is coming whenever.

The longer the wait, the more polish the game gets, like when I was going VGCats on Gray Fox.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
DI and animations might put you off.

These minor issues are to be fixed soon. And the animations are just aesthetics. It works the same. Hell, Fox also threw me off at first.

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
DI and animations might put you off.

These minor issues are to be fixed soon. And the animations are just aesthetics. It works the same. Hell, Fox also threw me off at first.
I believe it. Models and animations really mess with your mind. I'm not saying that Fox is bad, I'm saying that Fox players will be thrown of a lot more than other players, which might cause bad impressions at first, and the developers need to know that.

If constructive criticism isn't welcome here, I might not even post until the DEMO comes out, and not even after that...

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
i clearly haven't posted in a while, but at least when i do my grammar isn't that of a middle schooler.
Welcome to the internet? Reguardless you simply trolled and failed to address well anything even remotely on topic or valuable in all honesty. Anyway attacking the source of challenging information is one of the easiest ways to deny one's own mistakes I suppose. But it's hardly worth the time or effort and its frankly just an off-topic waste of time. Anyway I eagerly await the patch and hope that anything strange I have noticed in the demo is just my own imagination playing tricks on me.
@Sneak, once again man some people just get bothered by the most inconsequential stuff XD (Though if it throws them off I suppose it can hardly be called inconsequential... huh...)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
English isn't my first language, so, I'm sorry for that.
I'm just trollin. Its all good. Constructive criticism is always good. I don't believe, though, that any invinicibility you may be recalling on the smash from melee will be returning (though to be fair, thats not my area. i'm just stages).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Reguardless you simply trolled and failed to address well anything even remotely on topic or valuable in all honesty. Anyway attacking the source of challenging information is one of the easiest ways to deny one's own mistakes I suppose. But it's hardly worth the time or effort and its frankly just an off-topic waste of time.
Welcome to the internet.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the Project M thread, Frozenhobo. Post your pointless posts somewhere else. Not everywhere on the internet is your playground for such posts

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the internet.
Bahahahahaha I lol'd, well played man. Anyway I'm back to lurking haha.'
@utterrandom, Though it may have been unintended if you read the first sentence of my reply to his post I said the exact same thing to him, and in a way he just made me a hypocrit by using my own sentence. (plus I was kind of trolling him anyways so its pretty much all moot, cept for da fawks stuff)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Welcome to the Project M thread, Frozenhobo. Post your pointless posts somewhere else. Not everywhere on the internet is your playground for such posts
GTFO Frozen Hobo, oh wait...
The Team:

Project Leader: Shanus
Lead Character Developments: SHeLL, Camelot, Strong Bad
Additional Coders: Dantarion, Yeroc, WindOwl, Almas, Standardtoaster
Magus: Magus
Character Design/Development: Shanus, Magus, jiang, Strong Bad, WindOwl, JCaesar, leafgreen386, Falco400, Plum, rPSI
Backroom Testers: Lotsa people!
Graphics/Menu Design: MookieRah, VectorAce, Shadic
Stage Design: FrozenHobo, GameWatching, Mewtwo2000, Shadic, MonkUnit

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
LOL MH doesn't have a chance if they didn't prevent freezes like he did in Melee.

How about Pit's Up B be something like Pit pulling out his angel ring and raises his hand above him and the propulsion from the angel ring is what gives him upwards momentum?
Might as well use that External Graphic Effect for something.
Hitboxes could be like a mix of his Old Forward B and Tink's spin attack.
I like this idea, certainly more unique that shuttleloop lol and it stays true to his character in a way. Only other thing I've thought of is just a final more powerful "flap of the wings" with a much larger wind box and a hit box around the top part of his body. But the angle ring idea songs really cool.

Edit:
Lol... You jusr reiterated an idea I posted in smashmods forums, XD.
Oh, heh, didn't read this at first. Even better I suppose. It sounds like a popular idea.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Here's a protip:

If you're only willing to act like a douche bag to a poster if you believe them to not be part of the PMBR, maybe you shouldn't be acting like a douche bag at all.

True story.

shanus

Smash Hero
FrozenHobo is a notoriously angry person, unlike me. I'm mostly nice to the people in this thread :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I envy the playtesters so much :(
I don't. Maybe it's because I'm an Aquarius or something.

Didn't see your post in Smashmods.

Great minds think alike?
Nope. I'm an Aquarius as well....and I still offer to test play pit. I can upload/stream pretty much on a daily basis so i could be the official PMBR team distraction.....although I'd probably end up mostly using pit. :awesome:

anyways are there any skilled gif maker people who can make this clip into a gif?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzHHgOF4MY#t=1m56s

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
It's the Brawl Fox model. Trust me.

Also your last sentence was addressed already, in the form of the patch, which is coming whenever.

The longer the wait, the more polish the game gets, like when I was going VGCats on Gray Fox.
Landing detection and DI are more than enough of a fix. Polishing it more seems like serious overkill for a demo patch.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well, I don't envy the playtesters, Except when I see them play Ness. I'll wait patiently until it comes out. (plus I got a new comp so I'll be busy with that :D)

So did you guys manage to fix taunt cancelling? I remember TH saying they were messed up.

Edit: lol FroHo's back at it again.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
Nope. I'm an Aquarius as well....and I still offer to test play pit. I can upload/stream pretty much on a daily basis so i could be the official PMBR team distraction.....although I'd probably end up mostly using pit. :awesome:

anyways are there any skilled gif maker people who can make this clip into a gif?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzHHgOF4MY#t=1m56s
You would make my day mostly playing with Pit.

I'm just the coolest nigg in this *****.
Looool if you mean cool as in chill I got 2 words, Toon Link :laugh:.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
raging at toon link doesnt disqualify me from being a chill as hell nigg.

you can rage at whatever in friendlies as long as you're not serious and it's funny as hell.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You would make my day mostly playing with Pit
I'd be glad to just play a game with an almost blank character select screen with only Pit Available...it doesn't matter. I'm gonna be the best Pit player anyways...I could've been in brawl but....brawl isn't fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom