• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Terribly detailed ol' chap! We'll get right on fixing this possibly existing maybe flaw that you haven't actually described right away. ;)
LOL, gotta love how people freak out when i say i spotted something wrong in this Demo XD

But anyway, i found out it's not really a flaw, it was in Melee.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Holy geeze, you guys argued for that long after I went to bed. Tsk. I'm appreciative of Guru for giving such a comprehensive post though.

Anyway, stages. Luigis Mansion. I can only assume that the reason why you guys included the original Brawl Luigis Mansion over the Luigis Mansion featured in Brawl + (which is infinitely superior in every way) was because Dracula's Castle originally replaced it, and upon decided that Dracula's Castle wasn't ready, you took it out. Being pressed for time trying to hand out the demo on time, you didn't include it.

If that's the case, you should include the Luigis Mansion + in the patch coming up.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Holy geeze, you guys argued for that long after I went to bed. Tsk. I'm appreciative of Guru for giving such a comprehensive post though.

Anyway, stages. Luigis Mansion. I can only assume that the reason why you guys included the original Brawl Luigis Mansion over the Luigis Mansion featured in Brawl + (which is infinitely superior in every way) was because Dracula's Castle originally replaced it, and upon decided that Dracula's Castle wasn't ready, you took it out. Being pressed for time trying to hand out the demo on time, you didn't include it.

If that's the case, you should include the Luigis Mansion + in the patch coming up.
Mansion+ isn't in?
;_;

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO

We talkin' the times three slowdown LM or Deadlands? Because Deadlands is awesome.

leelue

Smash Lord
I don't know anything about brawl +, so I won't miss it :p

Jungle, on the other hand... I like the set-up, but it is just a little too big. Perhaps if the plain-space in the middle was reduced, or if the stage as a whole was shrunk by a few percentage points. I'd hate to see the only stage in the game with platforms set up that way fall by the wayside as a team/casual only arena.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lolololololol even more @ people who can't accept subjective decisions that can't be 100% solid because they're inherently subjective at the very base.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
I have one quick question.

So, for the demo build, I've left every file intact (except 75m by mistake, but I think I'm gonna leave what I have there normally in); I know that stages have been altered for the game. But upon the final release, will we be given free reign with what stages we can use?

The next question is, can these stages be used in any other mod without much complication?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Okay, so I played the demo some more. Still with CPUs only so I can't vouch for anything related to character balance. My views:
1) Zelda/Sheik transform is not quite as long as I thought it was initially. Its just long compared to before.
2) Final D seems pretty small. With 4 people playing you take up half the stage.
3) The Little Temple's boundaries are pretty close to the stage. I'd move them out a bit unless you have a reason for the close walls that I'm not seeing.

Overall great job guys. I can't wait for the final product!

Revven

FrankerZ
2) Final D seems pretty small. With 4 people playing you take up half the stage.
!
Melee FD matches Melee FD in size, there is nothing wrong. Magus ripped the collisions from Melee for us and that's what we used resizing the model to match those. The camera might give the illusion that it is smaller (just like EVERY Melee stage in Brawl) but it is not

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
yeah, that hurt me too :(. ANyways maestro, there were some boundary changes in the latest Mansion+, did you revert those changes? the side boundaries were a little smaller and i didn't like them as much as the first ones you used
i've never reverted those changes, but i've always had the original file up for download

Uploaded on January 2, 2010: http://www.mediafire.com/?fyn2zjzgik4

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Have you looked at them side by side though? I mean, I haven't but I'm almost positive its really small/the brawl characters are bigger or something. I could just be wrong, but it seems a tad on the tiny side. If you're pretty sure about that I'll shut up though.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
how many times do they have to say that they ripped the data directly from melee before you believe them?
I believe you.

Have you looked at them side by side though? I mean, I haven't but I'm almost positive its really small/the brawl characters are bigger or something. I could just be wrong, but it seems a tad on the tiny side. If you're pretty sure about that I'll shut up though.
Actually the Brawl character models are bigger than the Melee character models.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
how many times do they have to say that they ripped the data directly from melee before you believe them?
I understand that the data is ripped but its a different game. I'm not being dumb by double checking, seeing as Brawl played 100% differently to Melee it would make sense that maybe, just maybe their characters maybe different sizes. Haven't you noticed how in the past stages you can kick through platforms with characters you normally couldn't? Do those stages have the "original data" also? I don't know the answer to that question, but it doesn't seem all that absurd to think that its possible that the dev team used a different scale in each game.

Revven

FrankerZ
I understand that the data is ripped but its a different game. I'm not being dumb by double checking, seeing as Brawl played 100% differently to Melee it would make sense that maybe, just maybe their characters maybe different sizes. Haven't you noticed how in the past stages you can kick through platforms with characters you normally couldn't? Do those stages have the "original data" also? I don't know the answer to that question, but it doesn't seem all that absurd to think that its possible that the dev team used a different scale in each game.
We resized the characters to be smaller (which we know are not exact Melee size). We're not going to tweak FD to meet your standards when it already matches Melee. We have not found an easy way to resize the Brawl characters exactly to Melee size. When we find out what the best way is to make them match we'll do it but right now we're sticking with the sizes we've set across the board.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
after playing the project m demo i've got one problem with it, it's missing a bunch of characters wtf?
seriousface.gif
how many characters did the original Brawl demo include?
not sure if this is known yet, but zelda can AD a few frames after her SideB goes into freefall. Intentional?
Yes.

AFAIK it won't be in the final build, so we didn't want people to get attached to a stage that wouldn't be there in the end. The reason for not including it is that we don't want a million stages to complicate counterpicking.
Actually the Brawl character models are bigger than the Melee character models.
Correction: The vBrawl character models are bigger than the Melee character models.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
We resized the characters to be smaller (which we know are NOT exact Melee size). We're not going to tweak FD to meet your standards when it already matches Melee. We have not found an easy way to resize the Brawl characters EXACTLY to Melee size.
Thank you, that's the kind of answer I was looking for. I was hoping you'd be able to fix it, but at least I understand now :)

shanus

Smash Hero
Hi everyone, we will be removing the ability to download an installer which is designed for users with riivolution or homebrewed gecko os at this point in time. We are getting a lot of press on major sites, and wish to only support hackless methods at this point during this period of intense publicity. The main zip file is still available and easy to install for any "other" users.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
Hi everyone, we will be removing the ability to download an installer which is designed for users with riivolution or homebrewed gecko os at this point in time. We are getting a lot of press on major sites, and wish to only support hackless methods at this point during this period of intense publicity. The main zip file is still available and easy to install for any "other" users.
Sucks for those who haven't gotten it already.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
It's very simple to take what files you need from a zip.
All you need to do is read instructions as to where everything goes. (which are available in multiple places on this site)

Good work getting so much recognition guys ♥

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by ManEg View Post
Falcon's knee hitlag kinda feels off in here. It's difficult to get a knee after another unlike in melee; must be LD
Knee hitlag is off by 1 frame due to rounding.
As many times as necessary.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I read the page, I haven't played it yet (I will once more characters are released), but there are a few things I didn't like while reading.

Before you go bashing what I am about to say, all I ask is that you read my post in it's entirety, it won't be very long.

It has to do with reimplementing Stale Moves.

I know that's a big red flag in your heads, but please read on before you respond.

I say we keep Stale Moves in Project:M, but implement it differently than Nintendo did. Here is what I propose with it.

- Stale Moves affects all moves equally, that means every character's moves is affected in the same way, by the same amount, every time. No exponential decrements in move performance.

-Only the % dealt and the hitstun will be affected notably, KB is affected very minimally. All these attributes are changed by fixed amounts.

-Stale Moves only activates when the same move is used and connected consecutively. Once you whiff a move, Stale Moves resets for that move, bringing it back to full performance. Every time.

-Moves involving items (such as the Home Run Bat) are not affected by Stale Moves, just as before.

-Stale Moves resets for a character as soon as they are KO'd during a match.

I know that nobody likes Stale Moves, but that is what I suggest for it.

I think Project:M will be nice, but if people want it to be what some herald it as (I.E. "The sequel that should've been.") I think it should keep some of it's Brawl features.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I read the page, I haven't played it yet (I will once more characters are released), but there are a few things I didn't like while reading.

Before you go bashing what I am about to say, all I ask is that you read my post in it's entirety, it won't be very long.

It has to do with reimplementing Stale Moves.

I know that's a big red flag in your heads, but please read on before you respond.

I say we keep Stale Moves in Project:M, but implement it differently than Nintendo did. Here is what I propose with it.

- Stale Moves affects all moves equally, that means every character's moves is affected in the same way, by the same amount, every time. No exponential decrements in move performance.

-Only the % dealt and the hitstun will be affected notably, KB is affected very minimally. All these attributes are changed by fixed amounts.

-Stale Moves only activates when the same move is used and connected consecutively. Once you whiff a move, Stale Moves resets for that move, bringing it back to full performance. Every time.

-Moves involving items (such as the Home Run Bat) are not affected by Stale Moves, just as before.

-Stale Moves resets for a character as soon as they are KO'd during a match.

I know that nobody likes Stale Moves, but that is what I suggest for it.
That seems reasonable, effective and cool. Code it :)

Ulevo

Smash Master
AFAIK it won't be in the final build, so we didn't want people to get attached to a stage that wouldn't be there in the end. The reason for not including it is that we don't want a million stages to complicate counterpicking.
Then why not just include it and ban Luigis Mansion anyway? It's -arguably- bannable under the premise that it creates an environment for faster characters to run away. Then at least we have a more enjoyable stage to play on.

How many neutral/counterpick stages are you looking to aim for?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
That seems reasonable, effective and cool. Code it :)
I would if that were possible for me right now, but as I am in programming languages in general, I don't have the ability to code it myself.

My only coding experiences are in Game Maker, Java (in Greenfoot), and now C++ (which I am taking a class for in a local community college) which I will be going to class for later today.

EDIT: Here is how the idea should work in pseudocode, as I envision it in my head.

Code:
If move "X" has been used, and has connected with an opposing player, increase counter variable by 1.

If move "X" is the same move, and the counter variable is greater than 1, apply Damage and Hitstun decrement, and modify Knockback.

If move "X" is the same move, the counter variable is greater than 0, and did not connect with an opposing player, reset counter variable, Damage, Hitstun, and Knockback to original parameters.

If move "X" is not the same move as the previous move "X", reset the counter variable and parameters for previous move "X" to their original values.

If move "X" makes use of an item, nothing changes.

If player was Knocked Out, reset parameters of all moves to their original values.

Get me out of here so I can move to the next code.
That's basically how I think it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom