• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If I ever have doubt in this project, that video has the potential to revitalize my interests in eight painstaking minutes.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Charizard's glide has one of the most awesome SFX in the game.

I imitate it whenever I use his glide.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
I think the middle is supposed to be a death hole, so being able to grab would defeat the purpose of it. And yes, I'm aware that this makes the stage worse on some characters who have bad recovery, including my main, but how the stage is made:

1) One seems less likely to kill in the middle than on the sides anyways.
2) Putting ledges would defeat the concept.

And hail the death of the wall.
I don't understand how it is a death hole if you can recover through the platforms?

Like I said you guys do what you want. But the way you have it now seems really strange.

I like the lava wall blocking half the stage at a time idea though.

@Jcaesar, what sill tactics would being able to grab the ledge in the center cause? And I'm saying this in the idea of the platforms being solid.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
By death hole, I mean that you should be able to fall through it without automatically grabbing the edge. The gap is fairly small, so if you want to chase someone down and spike them for example, the ledge grab might be problematic.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
What are you guys doing about Flat Zone 2 and Hanenbow? From the streams I have noticed that they are still on the Stage Selection Screen. As they are unsalvageable and quite terrible, are you going to replace them? Those two stage slots could be replaced with pretty much anything and be made into a better stages. Like more classic 64 or melee stages. Everyone loves those. Anyways, I was just wondering what will happen with those two

Vigilante

Smash Lord
They said they'd keep every Brawl stages and use the stage expansion code. So these two stage will remain, and you can just remove them from your random selection.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have them removed from my SSS in every mod I play. I don't even want to risk them being accidentally picked, I hate them so much.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It still bothers me. I'd rather use the stage expansion code and just have them use the soundtracks of the stages.

I mean, I can understand them doing it for Flat Zone 2, but why for Hanenbow as well will forever be a mystery.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Dunno about Flatzone, but they will still be flat in hanenbows case. But will they be flat if I place Hanenbow/F-zone somewhere else? O_o

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I get so confused when you guys go around changing your avatar, it's like you swapped your face for a new one and I don't recognize you.

Also I've been having trouble watching the latest recorded streams, both toaster's and JC's freeze my browser, that had never happened to me before, and I even watched like 4 recorded streams(UFGT7) during the weekend.

Is anyone else having trouble with them?
Justin.tv seems to work fine, but both ustream and livestream freeze Firefox.

crush

Smash Master
I get so confused when you guys go around changing your avatar, it's like you swapped your face for a new one and I don't recognize you.

Also I've been having trouble watching the latest recorded streams, both toaster's and JC's freeze my browser, that had never happened to me before, and I even watched like 4 recorded streams(UFGT7) during the weekend.

Is anyone else having trouble with them?
Justin.tv seems to work fine, but both ustream and livestream freeze Firefox.

When firefox gives you shallow web browsing you GO BACK TO INTERNET EXPLORER!!!!!!

:phone:

pkmntrainerRed

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm amazed by the project M Ganondorf (and Falcon and Jiggs), but I don't want the Project M codeset/to actually play project M, I just want a Melee-fied Ganon so I'll want to play as him in Brawl. A major aspect change, regaining the 2nd jump after the Wizard's Foot (/Falcon Kick), is in the codeset not the .pacs and I was just wondering if I could get the code that allows that (if possible), because I can't find it (or a txt file of the PM codeset, but I'd assume that's on purpose) anywhere... thanks in advance and keep up the awesome work :D

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That would be based on the moveset itself plus a number of codes that actually make that moveset work properly in the game.

So, you basically aren't going to get that. Technically, you could get the moveset itself easily but it's going to feel significantly out of place.

pkmntrainerRed

Smash Cadet
Ah, okay. Guess I'll just wait it out, then.
Yeah, I've got the Ganon/Falcon/Jiggs/Mario movesets (+ the amazing vertex hack for Ganon, and Mario (I love Mario in 64 and Melee but hate him in Brawl)) in vBrawl right now. Only thing I really notice is the helpless state fall after air-dodging in a direction and they're just overall better than their Brawl counterparts :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom