• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
lol the vid hotdog turtle posted has some weird glitch
looks like landing detection ****ed up

ALSO WHAT ARE THOSE SLASHING SOUNDS FROM BOWSERS A-A AND B-UP
omfg so good

edit edit:
holy **** theres a whole bunch of new sounds
i love you guys for the pummel sounds falcon has <3
Those sounds are optional, and you can use them by replacing files in the brsar and using Riivolution.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'd say My MM with JC second game pretty much define's clutch Ken-Combo;)

oddly enough it's the first one I've seen or done that i can think of.

1000midgets

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, played over 1000 games now. We are dying to see the finished product. I haven't read the boards so if someone wants to private message me to keep repeats off that's cool, but i have some questions.
Will there be more changes to snake(power,range stuff like this)?
When is the release date(if there is one)?
Will brawl characters have made up moves like snakes street fighter punch?
Will there be new levels?(pokemon city from 64 is the ****!)

Thanks guys, PM is unreal.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Will there be more changes to snake(power,range stuff like this)?
We've discussed ideas, nothing is set in stone. He's very likely to see some tweaks, though.
When is the release date(if there is one)?
There is none.
Will brawl characters have made up moves like snakes street fighter punch?
It depends on the direction we take, and how the character feels "vanilla" in Project M. Some characters are getting heavy tweaks, such as Lucario. Some characters likely won't be getting huge overhauls, such as Diddy.
Will there be new levels?(pokemon city from 64 is the ****!)
It is planned.
Thanks guys, PM is unreal.
You're welcome, and thank you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
they're eating her... and then they're going to eat me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Thanks. Is there a guide for this process anywhere? I'm sure it will come up again.

More expertise like this is what we need in the PMBR.
There is currently no existing tutorial for PAT0 to my knowledge at the time I learned this. I figured it out by playing around with it and examining it myself.

However, http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Stage_Select_PAT0_Entries
this page was made a few days later.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Give 'em a break, it's not like they're finding stuff on a weekly basis.

And you guys are bringing back awful (yet hilarious) memories. Except for the Back to the Future Zelda thing. lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
after playing it extensively I can say it's 100% great but also 100% not ready. Most of the characters not in the demo are 100% not ready....really find something else to do and let them do work would be my advice...just get a hobby for about 2 months and then check back.

Ecks

Smash Lord
after playing it extensively I can say it's 100% great but also 100% not ready. Most of the characters not in the demo are 100% not ready....really find something else to do and let them do work would be my advice...just get a hobby for about 2 months and then check back.
1. Find a cold and remote place.
2. Freeze yourself.
3.Tell your best friend to unfreeze you when PM or the patch is released.
4.????
5.Profit/Enjoy Project M.

***The above action may cause but is not limited to: Loss of memory, loss of sight and other senses, nervous system problems, broken parts of your body and not living anymore.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well this thread has gotten awkward.

Can someone quote and post to the two recorded stream links from ST and I from a few days ago? It's on page 973 iirc (40ppp).

I would do it but I'm on my mobile. I wanted people to see the recordings because the links seem to have been buried under all these new posts. :)

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
mm.. How about the "not living anymore" part?

We need a test subject whom we would unfreeze... When the full build comes out. >_>

Edit: Sorry Monk, I'm on mobile too. :(

:phone:

Starscream

Smash Ace
And as we've said countless times before, if there is ever going to be Melee SFX they are going to be completely optional due to the limitations of the File Patch Code and Dantarion's inherent refusal to ever add onto that code. So if you want to use those SFX it's either Riivo or other means (which I hope you know what I'm referring to).
When the time comes for the full official release in 21XX, or even when the patch is out, can we get an "official" optional SFX pack? Like a PM:BR approved SFX package and other cosmetic stuff that's completely optional but already provided by the PM:BR with a high level of polish?

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
Massive growth is common after getting one's hands on the full P:M codeset.
i really think that if the physics, and momentum of melee is really captured in the full p:m build, we could really make all the melee fanatics poop in their pants. I still find that when i play melee, and then pick up the p:m demo, i feel something is... off. other then brawl's rediculous reverse ledge snapping lol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
It's in the second post of this thread, there's a link to our website.

I'm a bit too busy to watch all of that at the moment, but you're looking pretty good! Can't have expected us to have seen that video before, though. ;)

What do you think of Link in the demo?

Ya I didn't lol. Just wanted an excuse to post it and get an opinion.
Wow, someone asking MY opinion? I'm in shock.
Link is great. I love all the changes.
Loved the projectile changes.
Rang is awesome(Rang - Ftilt. Rang - DAC. Rang - Nair. Fun.)
Arrow gimps are cool (Albeit situational. But my aim is hilarious so it's all good.)
Bomb dropping(or rather the ability to drop it onto the ground without it blowing up in your face like in Bwarl) is absurdly fun.. or perhaps it's just me. So many trolling possibilities. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsuaKqKjy8s at 1:27 and 1:43. This was when we first got the demo so we played pretty sloppy.)

Nair is awesome (but that was Melee so it doesn't count >_> haha)
And going through every move would be pretty stupid so I'll leave it with:
He's very good and fun to play. You did a great job. No doubt.

Edit: I forgot. One of the changes I've grown to like a lot is his grab. The grab in midair buff is great for extending combos. I've just recently started trying to utilize it more into my playstyle. Reduced lag is always good too. Can't wait for the grab-behind-you thing when the patch comes out.. He'd be able to do that hilarious thing where he grabs opponents behind him. Melee memories, yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom